Intertwined Fates 25: Flight

Story Info
The location of the sorcerer is revealed
1.2k words
4.63
8.7k
00

Part 25 of the 30 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 01/03/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Acal
Acal
374 Followers

25: Flight

"Ok here's another pile of books from the archive," said Laura dropping the book pile on the table.

"Are these the books you found the references in, Laura?" asked Joy.

"Yeah I've been reading all the books from the archive. I've been trying to learn as much as possible about all I can. Much of this stuff also just fascinates me, considering much of this comes off as fiction when it's most likely truth," said Laura.

"It's going to take forever to get through all these books," grumbled Jake as he sat at the table flipping through a dust coated book.

"I know it will," sighed Kally, closing a book with a puff of dust, then picking up another book and started scanning its contents. Joy moaned in frustration as she shut another book.

"That's another book which only had a very small mention of him. I get the feeling we'll never find it," she growled.

"We will find it. We just have to be patient," said Laura sighing as she picked up another dust covered book. Laura's body stiffened as she was thrown into a vivid vision; suddenly she was standing on the moist ground under a dark forest with bright moonlight streaming through the gaps in the trees.

The vision pulled at her body as her eyes found the cave entrance beneath her. She was compelled to walk through the cave entrance down into the cavern. Suddenly all the light was swallowed up as the cave tunnel curved away from the surface. There was a flickering quality to the light that appeared at the end of the dark tunnel allowing Laura to find her way.

Entering the torch lit section of the tunnel she followed the path as it wound deeper into the earth after what seemed an eternity Laura came across a wizened old man haunched over an ancient oak table piled high with ancient parchments, quills and yellowed books. The man looked up at her and Laura was jolted as what seemed to be a map seared into her mind. Then she was hit with a blinding flash of pain as the connections severed and the vision faded away.

***

The book slipped from Laura's grasp as she fell to the ground. Aaron sprung to his feet and raced over to her.

"Laura! Can you hear me baby?" asked Aaron as he cradled her. Laura groaned and opened her eyes.

"I'm here, I had another vision. The sorcerer you're meant to find showed me where he is," said Laura.

"Where?" asked Carl.

"In Germany's Teutoburg Forest. He's living in a cave and that's all he gave me," said Laura.

"Well that's not exactly descriptive or particularly helpful," said Joy.

"I know but at least we know where to look now. How many caves can there be in a forest?" asked Carl

"Lots, Teutoburg Forest is a mountain range covered with trees," said Aaron.

"That's just great. How are we meant to find him in there then?" Carl asked.

"Ahh, Carl, remember Shiva told us that we could use help. Don't werewolves have a great sense of smell? Wouldn't Adam or Rachel be able to sense him?" asked Joy.

"That's a great idea, Joy. We need to ask him first. If we are doing this, we need to get Craig with us because its going to take longer then one night and in a forest there won't be any shelter," said Carl.

"Katherine isn't going to like this," said Joy.

"I didn't think she would," said Carl. "I'll call Adam and see if he can help us with this."

"Ok, I'll just look at the book Laura had and I'll see if I can find out anything extra," said Joy.

***

"Adam, Carl here. We need a favour from you guys," said Carl

"Yeah? What is it?" asked Adam.

"We need you to come with us to Germany to find some old sorcerer guy," said Carl.

"Why do you need to go to Germany?" asked Adam surprised.

"That prophecy we've told you about well its happening and we need to go to find the sorcerer guy who lives deep in the mountainous forest," said Carl "We need your tracking abilities to help us."

"Sounds like you also need Craig's help. You'll be needing sunlight protection," said Adam. "But I don't know if Craig will want to help because of all the tension I caused with him and Katherine."

"Well we need this, Adam. Something really bad will happen if we don't get this done soon as possible. They know where we live. Now they are probably preparing to come back again and this time they'll succeed. Their Queen wants us dead," said Carl.

"Well if it's like that, I don't think Craig will have any problems," said Adam "I'll give him a call then ring you back."

"Ok thanks, Adam. We owe you so much buddy," said Carl.

"I didn't find anything else in the book, Carl," said Joy.

"Well I don't think it matters much. Adam is going to help us with it. So with Adam and Rachel with us it won't be so much of a challenge," said Carl.

"If only we knew what part of the forest it was. It's a big place," said Joy.

"I know we are going to have problems with blood. Hopefully animal blood will be good enough for the demon," said Carl.

"I hope so too, because I don't think Craig and Katherine will be too giving on the blood and Adam and Rachel only have so much," said Joy.

Carl phone rang. He pulled it out and the voice from it said "Craig here, Carl. Meet us at the airport tomorrow night at 8pm."

"Ok, we'll be there," said Carl.

"What is it, Carl?" asked Joy.

"Adam got Craig to come with us. Him and Katherine want us to meet them at the airport with Adam and Rachel tomorrow at 8pm so we can get to Germany," said Carl.

"Ok, then I'll start getting a few things together," said Joy.

"We'll be going tomorrow night. Will you guys be alright here? We don't like leaving you here with so much danger around," said Carl.

"We'll be fine, Carl, don't worry about us. We can protect ourselves," said Aaron reassuringly.

"Go and find this sorcerer, Carl," said Laura.

***

"Joseph! What happened?" asked Michael frustratedly.

"It wasn't Markus or any of his people. They were somebody completely different. I'm certain that two of the signatures we tracked are part of the prophecy the Queen is worried about. They had a quite powerful sorceress with them. It left us taken by surprise and I lost two men and Christopher got badly injured," said Joseph who was bare-chested and had bandages over his chest.

"You don't look too good yourself," said Michael.

"One of them had real skill, something I haven't had to deal with for quite sometime," said Joseph.

"We will be prepared next time then. Anton can come up with a ward spell that will deflect their sorceress' magic then we can bring them back here for interrogation," grinned Michael.

"They won't know what hit them then will they? If they have the power to banish such evil and close such a strong portal, then it will be quite fun interrogating them. The strong ones are always the best to break," smirked Joseph.

"Good. It will be nice to have some undamaged goods here for once," smirked Michael.

Acal
Acal
374 Followers