Into the Unknowable Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It is entirely consistent with our observations of these anomalous Apparitions in our space-time reference," Zhwonka continued, "that you have become such an Apparition in another. And, I'm afraid, we now need to do further analysis on both of you to determine how and why this happened. I regret the intrusion on your privacy, but I must ask you for the good of the mission to subject yourself to further tests. What we have determined is that not only you but also a good volume of space around you vanished for this period of time. That is why when you returned to the Serenity you experienced nausea and discomfort as the vacuum you created was displaced. We will attempt to keep our study as non-intrusive as possible."

"We have eggs that are due to hatch any day now," said Duwinki anxiously.

"Don't worry," said the scientific officer. "Our research will take no more than a few hours, but it is necessary to understand as much as we can about this Anomaly to be sure that it isn't a threat."

"Do you think it might be?" wondered Gwark anxiously for his unborn children.

"I didn't used to think it could be," said Zhwonka reflectively, "but I am becoming less sure. If itisa gateway to other worlds then it might not be the Anomaly that we should be wary of but rather what it might let loose into our world. I shudder at the thought of what a universe might be like where mammals are the dominant order."

12