Into the Vampire's Lair Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ArtForm
ArtForm
1,147 Followers

Eian my love... please come home soon... I need you.

***

Eian was already at the Culzean castle gates when Fiona's soft voice called out to him. Every muscle on his body froze.

"Eian, what's wrong?"asked Dominic worriedly. They were about to enter enemy territory and their Alpha was hesitating.

"Fiona needs me."

Dominic frowned. "You cannot abandon us Alpha. Your loyalties are to the pack," he reminded.

"My loyalty is first to my mate and then to the pack," corrected Eian, taking out his phone to dial home.

At the first ring, the phone was answered.

"Baby? Are you alright?"

"She'll be fine. You do what needs to be done and come home right away my dear," said a feminine voice on the other line. Eian immediately stiffened.

"Who's this?" he asked gruffly. How dare this stranger enter his home!

At his outburst, the other Betas instantly went on alert; their bodies turning slightly towards the car in preparation to head home at their Alpha's command.

"I am Draven's mother... and by extension also Fiona's kin. She's not in any danger, I promise. Do what you need to do at the castle and come home soon. I implore you Keiran..."

Then she hung up.

Eian's mouth gaped slightly. Did the woman just end the conversation on her own terms? And since when has Eian ever taken an order from a stranger?

"Alpha? Are we changing our plans? Does Fiona need us?" asked Mike.

Eian stood silent for a minute before looking past the castle gates.

"No," he replied. "She only needs me." Then his eyes turned cold and authoritative once more. "Dominic, I'm putting you in charge. This is a cordial visit so no claws... unless necessary."

Dominic already knew what needed to be done. "Yes Alpha."

Eian blended into the darkness as he watched them leave. This wasn't a confrontation with the Vampires... this was merely a social visit.

***

The four Vampires stood at the entrance of the room; their eyes all focused on the golden furred wolf on the bed.

Fiona wanted to leave Draven alone with her but had a feeling that her old room might not survive destruction should they claw at each other and not in the good way. She knew that Draven would never lay a finger on Amber but he wouldn't defend himself either. That didn't seem like a better option either.

"Alaron, Fiona, let's sit in the living room," Josephine's voice broke the silence surrounding them. Fiona hesitated to move.

"Trust me, it's not that easy to kill him."

Fiona wasn't reassured but the gentle hand coming down on her shoulder was slowly pushing her out the door.

"Behave," was all she said before she closed the door behind them.

A sense of dread washed over Fiona. She was sure that World War Three would ensue in five... four... three...

Something... or someone fell on the floor with a thud.

"That was fast," she breathed out, catching Alaron's eye.

"Oh let them be," said Josephine serenely. "I want to have a talk with the both of you."

Fiona found herself sitting beside Alaron a while later; both looking at the beautiful woman smiling from the opposite sofa. It felt like they were two naughty children being called in by the principal.

"There are some things I need to understand. Would you help me?" she asked.

They both nodded wordlessly.

"Fiona my dear, I am curious but who exactly is your Sire? You said you're Draven's niece am I right?"

"Yes, Alaron is my Sire," she replied politely.

Josephine frowned. "But you do not express any abilities am I right my dear?" The question was directed at Alaron.

He looked so forlorn at being asked such a question; shaing his head silently.

"Interesting..." said Josephine after a while. She had assumed Draven inherited the gene for expressing abilities from her because Aramis had never expressed any form of power ever. It was a known fact among the Pureblood families. Yet, Fiona who was sired by Alaron, whose mother was a human, was expressing pure Vampiric powers. How? Unless Aramis had some latent ability... or had powers that he kept hidden from the general populace.

Josephine was intrigued. The fact that the gene could survive a half-human child and then a turned Vampire points to the fact that that it was a dominant gene. She began speculating Aramis's abilities and whether or not Alaron might start expressing any soon.

A loud crash jerked her head up to the second floor. Her face was full of worry and panic but after a while it relaxed. "Let's give them... another two minutes before we check for casualties."

Fiona almost smiled at the woman's words. "You said you had some things to ask? That's just one."

"I was hoping you'd tell me what you've done to my son's mate." The voice was not threatening but it held a calm that could only be characterized as maternal protectiveness.

Fiona lifted her gaze slowly to meet Josephine's.

"I placed suggestions inside her mind to make her forget Draven and their mating bond. It was a preemptive move but Draven was convinced that Grandfather would have Amber terminated the instant he found out about their relationship."

"Suggestions? How?"

Fiona bit her lips, unsure of how to explain and instead turned to Alaron for support. He simply clasps her hand in his and spoke on her behalf.

"In layman's terms she can brainwash someone. Basically, she manipulates the synapses between two neurons in the brain; directing their signals to other neurons."

"I'm guessing that's like disrupting the original thought and implanting another?"

"Yes, the mind stores much information but not all of the pieces are connected to one another at the same time. So when she suggests for someone to choke himself, she's only relying on an existing image in that person's head and link it together."

"So she cuts logic and plants illogical ideas?"

Fiona nodded her head. "You make it sound really bad."

"It is sweetie... especially when you don't know how to reverse it."

"But Amber turned back into a wolf!"

"But her human mind is still running on illogical loops. She may remember certain things but certainly not in a logical manner. Your Father announced them to be married and still her mind thinks her mate is lost to her."

Fiona pouted. Josephine was right.

"So what do you suppose we do now?" asked Alaron.

"We better check on them first. Then I'll let you know," said Josephine quietly.

***

While the three of them were talking downstairs, Draven had been engaged in a staring match with the stubborn wolf on the bed.

Talk to me.

The wolf stared dispassionately at him.

"Talk to me," said Draven sadly, aware that the wolf was shaking its head; a sign that it could only hear his vocalized thoughts. It reaffirmed his earlier hunch that their bond might have been broken...

"You're my mate and you know that little wolf." The second those words left his lips, the wolf pounced on him; throwing Draven off balance and sending both of them crashing onto the floor. Teeth snarling, the wolf dug its' claws deep into Draven's chest but he didn't even bat an eyelid.

"I think blonde suits you better wolf," he said calmly, raising one hand to stroke her golden brown fur. A low sound emanated from her throat; a cross between a warning growl and a breathy whimper of pleasure. "You know, my offer on the balcony is still up." His eye twinkled with mischief. "But of course, I'd prefer you in your human form for that to happen."

The wolf narrowed its eyes and sank more of its claws under his skin. Draven tried not to wince at the pain as he maintained his eye contact.

"I'm not even fighting you little wolf. I'm yours... don't you understand?" The wolf didn't.

Despite the pain in his chest, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled the wolf closer to him... close enough that her teeth were now at the side of his neck.

"My life is also yours," he said, in an attempt to let her know that he'd die for her; die with her; die by her. "One bite, is all it takes to kill me... and you know that." Do it.

The wolf blinked and moved its head down. Instead of sinking its teeth into flesh, it bit over the lapel of his shirt and tossed him against the wall in one smooth stroke.

Draven heard his mother's panicked cry in his head but he needed more time with Amber.

Give me two minutes.

The wolf was still growling at him and this time, Draven knew that it was really angry but he couldn't help smiling. She had heard his silent words... which meant that they still had that mating bond. So why was she being so mean to him?

"Are you angry at me little wolf?" he asked, slowly moving towards her again.

You caged me!

Draven was shocked to hear the voice... or rather it was his own mental voice translating words into his mind. It was the animal talking to him; something impossible if not for the mating bond.

I promise I will never again. I'll heal her I promise...

Then getting down on his knees, he pulled the wolf into his embrace and whispered, "Let me hold you... both of you. Please..."

He felt the animal shift; a second later to be replaced by its human half. Amber's body was cool; her fever gone but her eyes were still closed. Angling her head up slightly, he pressed his lips over hers in a soft kiss, watching her stir awake.

"Hey," she whispered weakly.

"Hey back." He was smiling at her.

"I'm a werewolf." She sounded stunned.

"Yes... and you're home, in your pack compound now. But that's not the best thing you've heard today," he said, nuzzling her neck.

"Then what is?" she asked in puzzlement even as his lips touched hers once more.

"I'm moving in with you."

Something inside her was exploding... but in a warm, happy way. Her wolf, she thought... yes. It is happy and so is she.

A second later, the door opened. Draven looked up to see his mother's face smiling at him.

I love you my baby. I guess... my job here is done. You're happy now.

Draven tensed at her words. No one... apart from Amber had ever told him he was loved.

No... please stay mother.

***

ArtForm
ArtForm
1,147 Followers