Into the Woods Ch. 06

Story Info
An Unexpected Hiker.
3.1k words
4.63
19.2k
21

Part 6 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 08/06/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Turns out I didn't have it memorized. The first numbers I called weren't hers and I gave up after that. That was two weeks ago. I can't stop thinking about her. And it's not my fault. Living in a secret shifter compound in the middle of nowhere is boring as hell. I see the same people everyday, have the same conversations everyday. But Olivia, she was this change, she made everything in me race. How can I forget that?

I'm tempted to go visit her again, but what good would that do? I'd be some creepy stalker guy who keeps popping up. People have noticed something's wrong. Cal hasn't said anything yet and I hope he doesn't. Not much hope there for long though. He's kind of a loud mouth especially after drinking. The stories I'm trying to keep straight are all starting to get tangled in my mind. Shifter. Park Ranger. Wolf. In love with a human. Pretending to be sore over an unknown shifter girl from another pack.

Maybe I've been spending too much time wandering out in these woods, hoping she'll just reappear. I'm turning into one of the solitary, moody thinkers. Pulling off my shirt goosebumps rise on my skin. I toss my clothes behind a tree and let the change over take me. The familiar tingle in my bones and muscles as they lengthen and change excites me. It's been a while since I've shifted and gone for a good run. I shake out my fur like a dog when it's over. There. This. This skin is where I feel most connected to what's right.

The trees are little more than green and brown blurs with rock and roots as my hurdles to jump over. I relish the feel of my muscles working. The air coming into my lungs in and going out in pants. I've got no course in particular only where my feet lead me. Within the next two hours I'm further from the pack lands and closer to the park entrance than I've ever dared go before. I've never wanted to go down there and be normal, become human, but for her I would. For one of the few times in my life I actually wish I wasn't what I am.

Laying down on the pine needles I must have fallen asleep. I dream of her. The smell of her is so strong, like she's right in my arms. I keep trying to grab the bottom of her skirt to catch her but it keeps slipping through my fingers. The faster I chase after her the faster she goes. Laughing, teasing me, her hair bouncing as she stays just out of my grasp.

My eyes snap open when I hear a beep and click. Growling I jump to my feet and bare my teeth. My jaw drops when I adjust. I shake my head back and forth to make sure I'm still not dreaming. Olivia. She's here standing in front of me. And since she's holding her phone up I'm guess she just took a picture of me. I growl again and advance on her. Oh shit. There's no way she's getting out of these woods with that phone.

"Hey easy now boy, I just want to talk. You can talk can't you?" she asks holding her hands up the phone in the right. I growl again, I can't attack her I've got to get her to drop it. "I know you're the same wolf that pulled me out of the water." I growl again taking another step, drop the phone Olivia you don't know what you're doing. "Relax I'm not going to show this to anyone – if you give me some answers. Nod for yes and shake for no, understand?" I lower my head a bit still not breaking eye contact. "I'll take that as a yes."

"Do you know that guy you sent to talk to me?"

I nod and take a step closer as she takes one back.

"Who is he? A park ranger who looks the other way?"

I shake.

"Are you – do you belong to somebody?" Only to you baby. God what does she think I am somebody's genetic freak pet?

I shake.

"What are you then? A wolf?"

I shake.

"Something else?"

Nod. This could be much easier if I just shifted, then she'd be in for a big surprise. Hell she's already got proof of me on her phone she can send out with just a tap.

"A mythical -," her words break off in a gasp. My fur ripples back into skin and I look up at her from kneeling. I've never actually stood in a mirror and watched myself change and since I grew up in the community seeing people change has always seemed normal. From her expression it's like I'm something that's stepped out of a sci-fi movie. The phone clatters onto the rocks. "Oh my God," she whispers her hands covering her mouth.

"Hello Olivia," I say and reach for the phone.

"No!" she yells and kicks it away from me. It skids off the rocks and drops into the leaves. I lunge for it at the same time she does. I lean over to grab it and the toe of her boot catches me in the ribs. I groan and roll away from her still searching for the phone. She jumps down kicks away the leaves. My fingers close around smooth metal and I roll away from her getting to my feet and whip the phone against the rocks. It shatters the screen and back cracks off, the little green chips popping free.

"No!" she yells. "Why did you do that?" I rub my bruised ribs and advance on her.

"You really shouldn't have come back here." My heart is still racing not with fear now but something else. Backed up against the rock she takes in my nudity and I can see the fear in her eyes. Seems the positions of power have turned. She moves to run past me and I hook an arm around her waist bring her around her back against my front. She struggles kicking back and throwing elbows. I have to admit I'm impressed by her fight.

"Stop it," I say taking her wrists and crossing them over her body. I don't want to hurt her but I need to subdue her. "Stop it, listen!" I command and give her a little shake. "I'm not going to hurt you."

"Let me go!" she screams and struggles more.

"Stop it," I say and bring us to the ground. "I'm going to let go and we're going to be calm, okay?"

"Stop it get off me! Or I'll scream!" Can't let her do that we're too close to the trails someone could hear.

"Look we can do this the hard way or the easy way, I don't want to hurt you Olivia," I hiss into her ear covering her mouth with my hand. "Nod if you understand."

She nods and I take my hand away. Immediately she scrambles back and away against the rocks.

"What the hell are you?" Olivia asks wiping her mouth.

"A shifter."

"A what?"

"I can change my form into a - well you've seen it." She studies me with her eyes narrowed like I'm a freak, a dangerous freak that's going to pounce on her.

"You're a huge fucking wolf, that's what you change into."

"Yes, but you've got to promise to keep it a secret, I can't have anybody knowing about us."

"You mean there's more of you?" Christ.

"No, no, I'm the only one."

"How did this happen to you? I mean I still can't believe you're even real," she says starting to reach out a hand then dropping it half way between us.

"I'm real and so is the danger you could put me in if you told anyone. There are already people that suspect. You must promise not to tell and in exchange I'll answer your questions." And do anything else to be with you a little longer. A blush starts to rise in her cheeks and she's trying very hard to keep her eyes on my face.

"Where are your – your clothes?"

"Miles from here – unfortunately and awkwardly."

"I have a small blanket in my bag," she says hopping back up on the rocks and getting her bag. I notice her hands are shaking as she unzips it and pulls it out. "Here."

"Thanks," I say wrapping it around my shoulders and draping it over me. She relaxes visibly and her eyes wander over me now.

"You promise not to tell anyone you about me?"

"I promise. But people have seen you – my roommate, we should make up a lie." Great, but what's another to add to the pile?

"It doesn't matter," I say waving a hand, "say we met when you were out for a walk by yourself."

"Okay. You're just another hiker. So how – have you always been this way?"

"I first shifted when I was probably sixteen or so."

"Why? How do you do this?"

"I don't know really," I say holding out my arm and turning it over to look at the skin. "I just do. It comes naturally."

"Does it hurt?"

"Oh no, like a tingling feeling in all your bones and muscles, then like stretching but no it doesn't hurt." I want to touch her, to stroke her face. She studies the skin on my arm then reaches out to touch it. Her fingers are cold and soft and they tickle a bit as she runs them over my arm.

"Feels normal enough."

"You'd never suspect right?"

"This is very strange Jax. I can barely still believe it myself and I've seen you change. I almost rather believe I've gone mad and perhaps you're something from my imagination." I grab her fingers and bring them to my face.

"I told you, I'm real." This is real, what I feel for you is real and I can feel it coursing through me now more than ever. I'm glad for the blanket. Scooting closer now she's on her knees in front of me running her fingers over my face.

"Why did you scare us so much that day, I thought you were going to kill me."

"I need to be protective of my land, usually people that come that far out don't have good intentions."

"And do you usually have to scare people away?"

"No, almost never."

"I was so scared I thought you were going to eat us." You have no idea Olivia. "I don't know why, but I just felt I had to come try to find you." Music to my ears. "If only to try and make sense of this all. But now that I know for sure – well it hasn't really cleared all that much up." I take hold of her fingers again and kiss the tips before bringing them down but still keep them in mine.

"I wanted to look for you too."

"But you didn't."

"I wanted -"

"If I hadn't come here today would I have ever seen you again?" The closeness between us is broken and she pulls her hand back, bringing her knees up and wrapping her arms around them.

"I wanted to tell you the truth, but it's just so out there."

"Yeah, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it," she sighs and combs her fingers through her hair. It gives me a fresh wave of her scent and it's so good I can almost taste her. "You okay?"

"Yeah, yep I'm good. It is tricky to think about."

"So do you live out here then?" Should I tell her? I nod. "Just by yourself? All alone?"

"Yep lone wolf."

"Doesn't that get lonely?" Maybe it's my imagination but I think she's leaned a fraction of an inch closer again. All I can see, all I can think about are her lips.

"Yes, it does," I say softly and close the distance between us. The kiss ignites a fire in me, in both of us, we can feel it like a humming electricity coursing through our veins. Our hands fumble to find each other then I lace my fingers through her's. She pulls back for a second and presses her lips together and looks up at me through her eyelashes. I want to tell her everything, about my family, the real story about how I got this way and how much I need her.

"Jax I-,"

"Don't," I say and lean in again. This one starts soft and sweet. I bring her arms around my neck and she tangles her fingers in my hair pulling me closer. I shift positions bringing her closer between my knees and pulling her down on top of me. We kiss some more before I feel her pull back.

"Jax I don't think this is a good idea."

"Then don't think," I say my hands sliding up her thighs. She puts her hands over mine stopping them in their tracks. My shifter side is trembling to take over, flip her and bury myself inside. Feel that tight heat and make her mine for real.

"I mean this isn't the time or the place to be starting something."

"What exactly do you think we're starting, maybe I just want to kiss you," I say coming up on my elbows and looking her dead in the eye. She blushes and turns away. "Hey," I say making her turn back to me. "We don't have to start anything." What is that sound? Possibly the massive crack she just made in my chest? Maybe she's got some dumb jock boyfriend or something. The thought that someone else touches my mate makes me see red. My fists clench and I only come out of it when I feel her shift. "But you are going to have to kiss me at least once more," I say my hand on the back of her neck bringing her close again.

This kiss is all intensity. I kiss her desperately, roughly trying to pass on whatever's ignited in me to her. And maybe a bit of it does because I can feel her fingers back in my hair. My hands slide up her hips over her back and around to her breasts. I know I said I wouldn't start anything but how can I not try? She moans and tries to pull back but my hands stop her. She sits back panting and pushes her hair back. I lie back and drink her in thighs splayed open straddling my waist. God I want her, need her.

"What's the matter?" I ask.

"I shouldn't be doing this."

"There some other guy?"

"No. Because you're not even human. I'm not even entirely sure I'm not crazy still."

"I told you, I'm real," I say grabbing her hand again. "I'm not going to just disappear in a cloud of smoke."

"I should go, keep the blanket," Olivia says rising and picking up her backpack. "Wait, you're just going to leave?"

"Yeah I need to go."

"Hey," I say going after her and stepping in front. "What's the rush, I thought you wanted answers."

"Yeah I did."

"Did or do?"

"Look I got what I came out here for, I'm not crazy, I know what I saw now."

"So what you're just going to put it behind you now?"

"I guess so, let me pass." I move and block her again. "Jax, I'm serious."

"I told you the truth Olivia, do you have any idea what that means?" I say taking hold of her arms.

"And I promise I won't tell anyone about you, I'll leave you alone from now on."

"See that's just the thing, I don't want you to leave me alone. I want to see you, I feel like we're connected, meant to know each other somehow." I fumble with the words not wanting to give away I want to mate with you right now, tomorrow, the next day and everyday after that for the rest of our lives together. She stops and just stares into my eyes, I feel like she's reading my thoughts as soon as they cross my mind.

Stepping close she stands on tip toes and kisses me pressing hard against me. "I know, there's something between us and I'm glad you see it too. But I'm not going to just have sex with you in the woods. I mean I don't even know your last name."

"It's O'Connor."

"Right, good to know," she says breaking away.

"When will I see you again?" I ask reluctant to let her hand go.

"That all depends on you."

"Oh?"

"Thought you wanted me to stay away from these woods?"

"I do," I say stepping closer. We're dangerously close to the trail now. Someone could look up through the trees and spot her jacket.

"Then we seem to have a problem," she says raising her eyebrows.

"So I'll come to you."

"So we can go on nice ordinary human dates to get to know each other?"

"If that's what you want."

She laughs, "Why do I get the feeling that nothing with you will ever be ordinary?"

I laugh too, oh and she doesn't even have the faintest idea yet. I step forward to pull in her for one last kiss when it hits me. The smell of another male, but there's no sound of movement.

Somebody's watching us. I pull her close into a hug my hand against her head turning it so I can look like I'm kissing her as I whisper into her ear.

"Don't look or react, but somebody's watching us." I feel her stiffen.

"Another hiker?" she mouths.

"No." The Cavars.

"Just walk calmly back the way you came, they're not interested in you."

"But what about you?"

"I'll be fine. Just get out of here." I watch her until she disappears back down the trail. Scanning the woods I can't spot him even though his scent tells me he's close. Heading deeper into the woods I shift the blanket sliding off me. I consider leaving it before picking it up, but it has her scent on it and it's not something I'd leave behind for the Cavars to find.

I head for home quickly being careful not to leave a trail. Thoughts of Olivia race through my mind. I know I've got to have her for my own. Fuck the laws, fuck everyone that would try to keep me from her. I'll have Olivia one way or another I just have to figure out how.