Is Smoking Really the Cause?

Story Info
Are we being conned by the anti-smoking campaign?
855 words
3.08
22k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
dirtyjoe69
dirtyjoe69
971 Followers

I have come to wonder if all the hubbub about smoking and second hand smoke is justified. Let's look at the facts; now I am not going to throw a bunch of numbers out there because anyone can make statistics work in their favor, I just want to open a few eyes. No I am not a scientist nor have I done any experiments to back my claim; it is just a little thing I have come up with.

My grandmother was 95 when she died. She smoked two packs of cigs a day until the day she died. She didn't die of lung cancer in fact she didn't die of cancer at all. I just wonder why one person like my grandmother can smoke two packs of these supposedly cancer causing agents and not get cancer yet others claim even if they have never smoked that it was cigarettes that made them get cancer.

Can inhaling toxic fumes cause cancer? More than likely and I do believe that some people have actually acquired cancer from smoking. I just find it hard to believe that it is smoking that is killing all the people the anti-smoking campaigns claim.

Just less then half the population in North America were smokers in the 70's, present day the last I had read it is somewhere in the mid teens for percentage. Cancers of the magnitude we have seen in recent years were not around then but now all of a sudden the evil cigarette is blamed for it all. Once again I am not saying it isn't the cause of some of the cancers out there but I find it hard to believe it is responsible for all the ones they claim.

Let us try a little experiment I have thought up. First go buy a carton of smokes and smoke one after another until the whole carton is gone. What do you think might happen if you did this? If you are a smoker my guess is you would probably quit because it would be pretty disgusting. If you are a nonsmoker it would probably make you sick to your stomach. Would you get cancer? I doubt it highly. Would you die right there? Well maybe from the stench of cigarette smoke. Just kidding, although it might be sickening and disgusting the likelihood of death isn't even fathomable.

Now part two of the experiment. Take a hose and attach it to your tail pipe (don't really do this). Once it is attached start your car and try smoking the hose. What do you think might happen now? That is right you would be dead as a fucking doornail.

Smoking has been on the decline since the 80s yet cancer rates are going up. They used to say smoking would kill you but when nonsmokers started getting some of the cancers smokers were getting all of a sudden out comes the "secondhand" theories. There are even some people that believe it can be transferred on clothing and they get it that way. (Incredible!)

So can anyone tell me if the amount of smokers have decreased and the ability to smoke in different places like, bars, stores, work and other areas of the like have been criminalized how can the amount of cancer still be on the rise?

How about this for an answer; Cars are the actual cause for this problem. But since the government is controlled by lobbyists that makes it an issue that will never be touched. The only increase in the world that actually lets out toxic fumes that are accessible to pretty much everyone on the planet is exhaust from cars. If you tried my little experiment above (this would make you possibly the dumbest person on the planet!) You know just how dangerous those fumes are!

So in closing I can not for one second believe half the ads on the television and radio and on packs of smokes saying that cigarettes are the cause of all these horrible things. Are they bad? Of course they are we have been told that since we were children that it wasn't good to smoke. Are they disgusting? Yes, I don't like the smell of the smoke on my clothes after I have gone out to a bar or party. Can they cause lung disease and cancer? Probably but I don't think on the grand scale the scare hounds are trying to convince us all exists.

I believe there are many causes for these cancers and diseases; cars exhaust being the prime one. But that is too much money for the government to lose. So just think about all the ads you have seen and the Truth campaigns and look around you next time you are out and see just how many people smoke compared to the amount of cars on the street. I bet there are plenty of more vehicles.

Anyway I stress again please don't really do my experiment it was just tongue and cheek but I imagine you got the point. Take care I am off to light up a cancer stick.

dirtyjoe69
dirtyjoe69
971 Followers