It Didn't Work Out Ch. 09

Story Info
Bridget gives in and let's Don watch her on a date with Sian
14k words
4.71
31.1k
22

Part 9 of the 12 part series

Updated 10/20/2022
Created 03/06/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
-Ripley-
-Ripley-
1,298 Followers

This is the ninth of twelve chapters. To really understand it, you should read the previous chapters before reading this one. Once again, I want to thank my editor Terry for his valuable help! I hope you enjoy the story.


It was much earlier than Don usually got home but he had gone in early to make sure that nothing held him up. He didn't want anything to mess up tonight. He was being allowed to watch Bridget and Sian on one of their dates. It was just about the only fantasy that he hadn't realized; at least the ones that were going to happen with Sian. When Bridget picked a total lesbian, it eliminated any chance that he would get to make love to two women at the same time. He wasn't sure he would have had the nerve to tell Bridget that particular fantasy anyhow.

Don thought about how he would have liked to go on earlier dates when Sian and Bridget were first going out. The idea of watching Bridget as her attraction grew was really what he had wanted to see. Now that Sian was her girlfriend, it wasn't quite the same thing. Still he was excited to see the two of them together.

He went into the bedroom and quickly changed into some nondescript clothing. He had picked it out the other day, immediately after Bridget told him he could go. She left to go meet Sian right after that so it was a perfect time to find what was essentially a disguise. The two of them were going to a large chain restaurant that had a small upper floor. With Don up there, he would have a view without it being easy for them to see him. As long as he wasn't immediately recognizable, Sian and Bridget thought they could successfully forget that he was there. And after they left, they would give him enough time to get to the movie theater ahead of them. With any luck and the dim light, they could avoid noticing him.

Of course both Sian and Bridget knew in the back of their minds that he would be around somewhere. Neither one of them brought it up. The less they thought about it, the easier the evening would be. Bridget was worried about Sian being bothered by having Don as a voyeur on their date. In truth that wasn't much of a concern for Sian. As with each time that she got with Bridget, Sian wanted to make sure that Bridget had the best time possible. She couldn't worry about what Don saw.

When Don was changed, he headed out without any delay. While Bridget was not planning on coming home, the timing was fairly tight and Don didn't want to be late. As was often the case when Bridget went out with Sian, they were going into the city. There was far less chance that Bridget would run into someone that she knew there than in the suburbs around where they lived. So he still had to make the trek into the city.

As it was, Don made good time getting into town and got to the restaurant right on schedule. He looked around to make sure that he didn't see Bridget or Sian before going inside. The hostess was an attractive young blonde and Don enjoyed watching her from behind as she led him to his table. Before sitting down, he looked over the edge at the main floor to make sure that the view was what he expected. It was. There were several tables open there and whichever one Bridget and Sian sat at, he would have a good view. He smiled at the hostess. "This will do nicely. Thank you," Don told her. When the waiter came, Don ordered a scotch and settled down to wait for the women to arrive. He didn't want to order dinner until after they were there.

After work Bridget had driven over to Sian's apartment. Since she didn't want to go home first, she brought some casual clothes to wear. This was dinner and a movie; neither one of them wanted to dress up. She took over the bathroom while Sian got ready in the bedroom. They each wanted to surprise the other with what they were wearing.

When Bridget came out, Sian looked over at her. "Oh Bridge, you look cute!" she said with a smile. She did. She had on a light blue pair of jeans with a pink and white striped long-sleeved V-necked t-shirt over a white cami. The jeans were worn through in a few strategic areas that would serve to tease Sian. As was often the case, she had worked hard to get her hair just right. Her face was perfectly framed by her curls. Unlike most of the time, Bridget decided to put the rest of her hair into a ponytail. Between that and the way she put on her makeup, Bridget looked quite a bit younger than normal. She hoped that it would give them a little spark of something different that might show through for Don.

The younger look didn't bother Sian. She reconciled herself with going out with someone much younger than she was early on in the relationship. It was Bridget that mattered, not how old she was or what she looked like. For herself, she was wearing a long sleeved shirt that was cut low under the arms so that the sleeves were quite loose-fitting. It had wide black, white and coffee colored stripes with a V-neck that showed a little more cleavage than normal. With Sian's tight black jeans, Bridget thought that Sian looked very beautiful. "You look fantastic," she told Sian as she came over and gave her a hug and a kiss.

"I'm glad you think so," Sian said with a smile after drawing out the kiss a little bit. "It makes me feel nice when you say things like that." She had a shy quality about her as she said it. Sian wasn't vain but her ex had never really complemented her much and it was one of the things that made Bridget special. Sian felt appreciated by her in lots of different ways.

Bridget nestled close to Sian. "That's how the person who loves you is supposed to make you feel, my darling Sian. It's how you make me feel too." That put a smile on Sian's face that made Bridget's heart feel like it was going to explode. It sometimes caught her by surprise when that feeling hit. The power of it was sometimes almost overwhelming. It helped her to know that despite all the challenges, taking the chance with Sian had been the absolute right thing to do.

"If you keep holding me like this Bridge, I'm going to find it hard not to take you back into the bedroom and we have places to be," Sian said with a smile. A little part of her wished they could just do that but she knew what they had to do. Yet another thing she had reconciled with herself. Bridget nodded and they released each other. Still as they went to get their coats, they held hands and then again as they walked to the car. They did it on the car ride into the city. Without that physical touch, both of them felt like something was missing.

Rather than going straight to the restaurant as they had discussed with Don, the two of them had decided to come in slightly earlier and stop for one drink first. More than Sian, Bridget wanted to have a little something that would help her with the setup for the night. "I just feel that if we haven't relaxed a bit before getting there, the first thing that I'm going to do is look around and try to find him. I think it would be easier if I can unwind with a drink before that," she had told Sian when they talked after working out together in the morning.

Sian was able to find parking without much trouble. As they walked to the restaurant, Bridget put her arm through Sian's. It hadn't taken her very long to get used to doing that. Sometimes it got them a few looks. When she first did it, the looks would sometimes make her feel nervous. She wasn't sure which was the biggest part of it; being with a woman or knowing that she was married. In any case, she soon got over it. Sian was so comfortable with who she was that Bridget didn't want to seem any less so. Now she almost never even noticed the glances. Not that they happened much. It was a pretty gay friendly city.

The bar they picked wasn't specifically a gay bar but it was one of those places that really didn't seem to care one way or the other so there were always at least a few groups made up of gay men and women there. It wasn't one of the hangouts that Sian frequented so it was unlikely that she would know anyone but it sometimes happened. This wasn't one of those times.

They found an empty table and snagged it. Scooting her chair over, Bridget sat right next to Sian so that she could put her hand on Sian's thigh while Sian put her arm around her. The waitress was a cute young woman but neither one of them really even noticed her as they ordered. Their attention was clearly on each other. It didn't take long for their drinks to arrive.

As they sipped, Sian looked over at Bridget. "What?" Bridget said with a smile. Sian looked a little uncomfortable. "Come on, what is it Sian? I can see you have something on your mind" Bridget told her.

"I was just wondering if you had given any thought to Valentine's Day. It's coming up soon and ..." Sian interrupted herself to take a swallow of her drink. "I just didn't know if we were going to be able to spend it together."

Caught up in everything that had been going on, Bridget hadn't even thought about that. Of course other than getting something for Don in the past, she never had worried about what to do on Valentine's Day since Don always made the plans. She recognized that this year it was a completely different situation. It was also infinitely more complicated. Without even asking Bridget knew that Don would be expecting to go out with her that night. Yet it was totally understandable for Sian to want to spend it with her too. Once again she thought about what a complicated life she had created.

"Oh Sian, I should've thought about it," Bridget told her lover as she squeezed Sian's hand. Beyond that she wasn't sure what she should say. But after reflecting for a moment, Bridget realized it wasn't that difficult. First, on New Year's Eve, Bridget had spent it with Don. Simply from a fairness standpoint, she should spend the next similar holiday with Sian. More importantly when Bridget thought about it, she had to be honest. She wanted to spend it with Sian. This was their first Valentine's Day together. It would mean something in a way that being with Don couldn't.

Looking at Sian, Bridget could tell that Sian wasn't going to ask her to spend it together. It wasn't her way to beg. She had offered her heart to Bridget with the hope that Bridget would treat her right. This was one of those moments where there was a right and wrong, at least as far as Bridget was concerned. What Don would think was likely to be different. Sian shifted nervously as she waited for Bridget to say something.

"My darling Sian, I want to spend it with you," Bridget said quietly. Then to emphasize that it was more than just her desire, Bridget spoke again with each word emphasized. "I am going to spend it with you, Sian." She loved how Sian's smile lit up her face.

"Thank you, Baby," Sian told her. She lifted Bridget's hand up to her lips and gave it a gentle kiss. She had been prepared for Bridget to tell her that she couldn't; that she had to spend it with Don. For Bridget to decide without even talking to Don helped make her feel that she really was important to Bridget. It wasn't like she didn't know that but it seemed like this type of relationship naturally tended to undercut her confidence. "I love you, Bridge," Sian said.

"And I love you, Sian. I love you very much!" Bridget was smiling too as she replied.

The doubts were temporarily banished from Sian's mind. Although she wanted to enjoy being with Bridget right then, Sian couldn't help but look forward to Valentine's Day. She wanted it to be a special evening. Up until now, her thoughts about it had been whether or not they could be together. Now she was on the spot and she immediately began to worry what they should do. She wondered whether or not Bridget had any expectations.

"Baby? Is there anything in particular you would like to do?" Sian asked Bridget. Her question caused a little half smile to cross Bridget's face. Sian thought she was particularly appealing with it, especially combined with the twinkling in her eyes.

"Nope! I will be happy just being with you," Bridget said, using her sultry voice. She knew she wasn't making it easy for Sian but she didn't think there was anything that she could do in any case. "You decide what to do and it'll be a wonderful surprise, no matter what."

Sian jokingly growled and then stuck her tongue out at Bridget. That caused Bridget's coy look to break up into laughter. "Sorry for not being more help, Sian," Bridget said as she brought her laughter under control. "I mean it though. I know you are going to put a lot of thought and consideration into it and that will make it great! But don't worry about it anymore. Let's just enjoy tonight, okay?"

"Alright, Bridge. We can enjoy tonight before I freak out tomorrow about Valentine's Day," Sian answered while she nodded in agreement.

They continued to talk and enjoy each other's company. As she finished her drink, Bridget could feel her tension starting to fade away. It was getting easier to just focus on a date with her girlfriend and forget that her husband was lurking somewhere to watch that date. It helped that she could feel Sian's hand idly stroking her thigh. Sian was careful not to do anything inappropriate. But at the same time, it was a constant reminder to Bridget of how Sian felt about her.

Glancing at her phone, Bridget realized that their reservation time was quickly approaching and that they should pay the bill. She waved down the waitress and handed her the cash to cover it. When Bridget told her to keep the change, she got a big smile from the waitress. It was a nice tip, especially since they had each just had one drink.

Who paid for what was one of those negotiation points that she and Sian often had when they decided what to do. Bridget made more money than Sian did but Sian didn't want her paying all the time. She was butch enough that she felt like she should be taking her girlfriend out. While Bridget liked that Sian wanted to do that, she was realistic too. Usually it wasn't too hard for them to find a compromise. Tonight Bridget was paying for the bar and the movies while Sian was going to pay for dinner.

Before getting up, Bridget put her arms around Sian's neck and gave her a long kiss. It was just restrained enough not to be noticed by anyone but she wanted to take advantage of the accepting atmosphere of the bar. There was nobody there who would be bothered by two women who were obviously in love even if they did notice. While it was unlikely that someone would say something at the restaurant, it wasn't outside the realm of possibility. For that reason, both Sian and Bridget would be a little more circumspect in how they behaved there. Right now Bridget was able to let go and just let the world know how she felt about Sian.

When the kiss ended, they both sat there and looked into each other's eyes. Although neither one of them acknowledged it consciously, it was also the last time tonight that they would be unobserved. Without realizing it, both wanted to extend the moment. Finally they put on their coats and went out.

As they approached the restaurant, Bridget felt her heartbeat pick up. Even with the drink, the awareness of Don's presence went from in the back of her mind to the front. Sian paused before opening the door and looked Bridget in the eye. She smiled lovingly. "You're with me, Bridge," Sian said to try and reassure her.

They were the right words. Bridget had said something similar to Don many times since that first date. Tonight it did the trick to remind her to focus on being with Sian and try not to allow Don to intrude on them. She gave Sian's arm a little squeeze. When Sian had the door open, she went inside with Sian close behind.

There was almost no wait before they were taken to their seat. It was the same hostess as had seated Don but neither one of them really noticed her. While they politely thanked her, they both only had eyes for each other. Even with the reminder from Sian that they were together, Bridget found it hard to ignore the thought that Don was somewhere. It was all she could do to stop herself from craning her neck to look around and try and find him.

It was easier for Sian. Her uneasiness with Don was really unrelated to his voyeuristic participation in their date. It was much more fundamental. Her love for Bridget left her no choice but to accept the situation. There was no alternative. If she could accept him not just watching them when they were making love but also participating, Don hiding somewhere and watching them in public was nothing.

The only thing that made Sian a little uneasy was that he would see just how happy Bridget was. She hoped that his fetish for watching them made him too excited to really pay attention to that. While Sian knew that someday a breaking point might come for him, she couldn't face that yet. Bridget had been married to Don for years. While she knew without any doubt that Bridget loved her, Sian was fairly certain that in the end she would be the one with the broken heart, not Don. Despite that, breaking it off was a thought that was far from her mind.

From his vantage point above them, Don spotted them as they were led to their table. Out of the several tables he could see, he lucked out when they were put at the one that had a good view and both women were facing away from him. He wondered whether or not one of them would try to spot him. While he was ready to pull back out of sight, he saw no sign of that and eventually relaxed.

While they walked in, Don noticed that how Bridget walked with Sian just barely behind her and to the side. Sian's hand was on the small of Bridget's back as they made their way to the table. Like when they had Christmas dinner together, Sian helped Bridget to be seated before taking her own place. Unlike that night, Sian had no competition. As Sian settled down into her chair, Bridget put her hand out so that Sian could hold it. Don wondered if she was doing that for him but the way it happened, it seemed like it was just natural for them. There was a little smile on Bridget's lips when Sian first took her hand. Even when the waiter came up to introduce himself, neither one of them let go. Bridget seemed very comfortable in being out with her girlfriend.

"I guess she has just gotten used to acting like a lesbian in public," Don thought as he took a drink from his water glass. Despite the fact that nothing had happened, Don could feel his cock hardening a bit. Glancing around, he put a hand under the table and surreptitiously adjusted himself so that it wouldn't be noticeable if he got up. He had on a long sleeved t-shirt that was a bit large on him and hung down well below his belt. Don had thought carefully before picking out the clothes.

When Bridget and Sian first got there, they talked less than Don expected. When he had been around them, the conversation just flowed. He couldn't tell from the distance, but they seemed to be a little tongue tied. Instead they both started looking at the menu. But that seemed to do the trick. Pretty soon they were talking back and forth about what to order. When the waiter brought their drinks, Sian clearly was asking him to explain some of the items on the menu. Don took that opportunity to flag his own waitress and give her his order. He wanted to be finished before they were so that he could get to the movie theater first.

When he looked back down, the waiter was gone and so were the menus. Bridget had moved a little closer to Sian and they were now chatting like usual. It took him a few minutes of watching to realize that Sian had switched the hand she had out. She was reaching across the table with her far hand now. Don looked more carefully and saw that she must have her other hand on Bridget's thigh.

"Wow, that is hot," Don thought. He would never have guessed that Bridget would be okay with being fondled in public like that. He pictured in his mind how Sian would be stroking Bridget's inner thigh and getting her all excited. It actually surprised him about Sian. She always seemed relatively reserved to him about being overly forward in public. Don knew that she was affectionate and not shy about showing that she cared for Bridget, but was more guarded about anything that intimate. "I must not know her as well as I thought."

-Ripley-
-Ripley-
1,298 Followers