It Was Fate Ch. 02

Story Info
Can fighting yourself ever end in a victory?
3k words
4.6
26.5k
7
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 8 part series

Updated 10/03/2022
Created 12/17/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"James..."

James Allenton stirred in his bed. Instinctively he reached for his mate before his mind, foggy with sleep registered the voice and where it was coming from. Once he was confident she was beside him his head shot up and his eyes snapped open to scan the large dark room with quick and efficient strokes. With a grunt his neck gave way as his head fell back to the pillow, he should have known. Collin.

"James..." Collin sung with a hint of amusement caressing his tone. He knew his friend well and mornings were not, by far, his favorite time of day. It was just all too easy to slip into his mind that had been restful and unguarded.

"Get the fuck out of my head." James growled, if growling was possible in one's mind.

"I need a favor." Collin stated smiling to himself he already knew what James was going to say, or more like think.

"That's all you ever need." He whined.

"Well anyways, give Stella my debit card and tell her to buy a whole new wardrobe for a girl about her size."

"What the hell Collin?" He asked. "Wh-"

"Just have her do it. Thanks." At that he exited James's mind.

Collin lay directly in the middle of his bed with his arms behind his head as he stared down at the beautiful creature sprawled atop him. She looked completely peaceful with her lips slightly parted and her caramel hair tumbled around her face and his chest.

It seemed like she was unconsciously attracted to the coolness of his body. All night she had seeked him out and pressed herself against him no matter what position he was in. Well, not that he minded.

Slowly and gently Collin slipped out from underneath Annabeth ignoring her tiny moans of disapproval, but he still turned back around to brush the hair out of her face and pull the sheets up around her.

Annabeth groaned and rolled over. Even her mind that had just awoken even knew. She so did not want to wake up and face this new day. With a groan she peeked out from underneath the plush white comforter out into the room that was bright with sunlight, yet it didn't take her long to pin point the sound of running water. She knew who it was, Collin. The man, no vampire that had most likely saved her life, but she wasn't going to stick around to thank him.

The first thing she would do was get out of there.

The white sheets and comforter slid from her body as if they were silk, which was a possibility, as she slipped silently from the bed and tip toed down the nearby hall. With the plush cream carpet beneath her feet she peeked past the corner. The coast was clear.

With quick and long strides she passed the door that was billowing steam from the crack beneath it, luckily the door she was looking for was at the end of the hallway only a few feet away aka the exit. With her hand on the door knob she took a deep breath of victory and smiled. Annabeth swung the door open and slipped from it, looking back she closed it softly, but as she turned to finish her escape her breath caught in her throat.

Standing not a foot away from her was James, a very shocked looking James, but James none the less. He was nearly more caught off guard than she was.

Annabeth still hadn't taken a breath. Once again this man was beautiful, in the complete opposite way of Collin. He was the definition of tall, dark, and handsome, well he wasn't that tall. He stood at maybe 5'10; just a few inched above her height. She didn't know what to do as his warm brown eyes just bored into her face.

At that exact moment with wide eyes, James's mind was busy sending Collin's the message: "Your little human girlfriend is attempting an escape." He couldn't just let her go. In a split second decision, that probably wasn't the best, he used his speed and strength to grab her wrist and spin her around.

With her wrists now pinned behind her back she was just beginning to comprehend what had just happened, but when she did she was angry.

"Let me go!" She screeched flailing and attempting to kick him, but James had been smart and had his legs glued together.

Collin froze with the water beating down his back as his mind registered the message, but then he heard her scream only milliseconds afterward. It was like a switch went off in his head. It was that overwhelming need to protect her. It took everything he had not too lose control at that moment. He was nearly a blur as he sprinted from the shower all while wrapping a towel around his waist. Yet he didn't have to go far as James and Annabeth stood struggling not a foot from the door.

"Let her go James." Collin commanded standing in the doorway.

"Fine!" He exclaimed as he roughly pushed her directly into him, but Collin was faster and caught her before she flew into him. Yet she instantly struggled from Collin's hands like a pissed off little girl.

"Get the hell out of here now before I kill you!" Collin shouted. "I mean it, now." The pain he was going through was excruciating, it was as if he was wrestling his other half in a death match. Every hit they made on each other only hurt him. He couldn't help it was either scare the hell out of Annabeth or hurt something NOW! As he pressed his forehead to the wall beside his door he punched it. It was the only way to gain control. It felt better than he ever could have imagined as his fist went through the wall as if it was made of Jello.

Annabeth didn't know whether to be completely frightening or amazed. From her vantage pointed it looked as if his fist was the hole puncher and the wall the paper as it went cleanly in then back out. All of a sudden Collin turned to her, but it wasn't Collin.

Again the need to protect her was present, but now that he was in full vampire the need to touch her was more overwhelming. With deliberate slow steps he approached her, but Annabeth kept walking backward in sync with his steps until her butt hit the bed and quickly moved around it.

Yet, he didn't attack her he just kept on walking to her ever so slowly. There was a similar fight going on it Annabeth's head. She had to fight the unnaturally strong attraction she felt toward him and hold on to that thread of common sense that told her to run. He was everything and more than she could have ever imagined of her perfect man.

His body was mouthwatering, no matter how ridiculous it sounded it really was; all 6'3 of it. Her eyes couldn't help themselves as they kept drifting to the perfect 'v' of his hipbones that disappeared beneath his low hanging white towel. She has never had such a strong craving to grab a man's boobs then at that moment. Everything looked so perfect! Yet, he was getting closer and she couldn't trust her own hands not to betray her.

"Stay away from me." She warned stumbling back even more. "And put some clothes on." She demanded throwing a pair of boxers at him that she had nearly tripped over. The projectile hit him right in the chest.

With that same smile he whipped off the towel and pulled on the black boxers, all for which she had closed her eyes for. She didn't want to see that part of him.

She didn't have anywhere else to back away to, she was nearly in a corner, but he just kept on progressing with his eyes lock with hers. He was just so hot she almost didn't want to back away, almost, if it wasn't for the tiny fact of fangs.

Annabeth closed her eyes and bowed her head, her back had hit that corner and there was nowhere else to run to.

"Collin!" A female voice exclaimed. "She isn't yours!"

Annabeth slowly unbowed her head and look up threw her lashes. Collin had whipped around and was now facing the three figures in the hallway nearly in a crouching attack stance. It was as if he was protecting her.

"Really," A male voice agreed. Ah, but she recognized that voice it was the man from the hallway, James as Collin had called him.

"You're scaring her! Just settle the fuck down before you do something stupid!" That same female voice said. The next second Annabeth looked up and was being shielded by some woman with her back to her. All she could see of this woman was her white long sleeved shirt and red pony tail.

Then that all too familiar growl came from Collin again, but this time it was backed up as he literally picked up the woman that had been shielding her and threw her against the wall. It was as if a Raggedy Ann doll was just thrown by an angry child, it looked as if she weight no more than a pound. Yet, the cracking sound of the wall provided the evidence she weighed weight more that a pound.

Not more than a second passed before the other two figures in the hallway attacked. At first Collin just swatted them away with his arms like flies, but then when the woman rejoined them all three of them together seemed to be able to force him into the arm chair that was in the opposite corner of the room that she was in. However it didn't seem that they would be able to hold him down for much longer.

"Sweetie..." The red-haired woman called to her from her place holding down Collin."Could you come here?"

Slowly she found her legs and approached her and the others.

"I know this is a lot to ask of you-"

"Here's the quick version." James cut her off. "Collin here is stronger than all three of us put together and if you don't do something to calm him down he will seriously injure all of us." He spoke quickly.

"What do I-?" Annabeth began.

"Tell him your okay and touch him! Anything!" The woman stated desperately.

With a shaky hand she reached up and touched his cool face while staring into those blood red eyes, but that only seemed to cause him to struggle even more. "I'm okay." She murmured lowly her hand lightly caressing his cheek.

"Sit in his lap." The other man guy grunted as he held down his right arm, while the other man held down the other, and the woman kept him in the chair. "If you're on him he won't struggle!"

"I can't just-." Annabeth stated standing in front of him.

"Yes you can." James groaned. "Just do it! He won't hurt you."

"How do you know that?" She asked still eying Collin skeptically as he kept lunging forward a few inches, but then was being pulled right back down.

"If anything he doesn't want to hurt you!"

"Then what the hell was he trying to do to me, hug me?!" Annabeth snapped.

"Actually..." The other man trailed off.

"Well, then." Annabeth whispered to herself. Reluctantly she slid a knee on one side of him and then the other on the opposite side and slid completely onto him. He just simply stopped struggling as they released his arms. In the next second they were no longer there.

As soon as the bewilderment in Collin's eyes died down and he finally realized he had been released. He stood up holding her to him as she squeaked in surprise, but it didn't take him long to take the two steps to the bed and drop her carefully to the bed.

"You're on my leg." She muttered quietly looking anywhere, but at him.

To her surprise he listened remarkably well as he adjusted himself to lie in between her legs. Much like an adoring puppy he began nudging his nose into her neck to make her bare it for him.

Operating on complete blind faith for James words, "If anything he doesn't want to hurt you", she bared it for him with tightly closed eyes. Those words rang through her mind repeatedly as he made a shower of kisses rain from her jaw line all the way to the top of her shirt. She couldn't help as she shivered beneath him and let out an involuntarily moan as his soft lips grazed the most sensitive part of her neck.

****

"How much longer before he gains control?" Eli asked inquisitively as he stood back against the wall besides Collin's door." I feel like I'm listening to a soft porno." He muttered with disgust.

Eli was a mirror image of Collin's body, but they couldn't be more different. He stood at a very similar 6'2, with medium length light brown hair that had possibly grown out a little too much; which was a pity for the fact it only took light away from him deep blue eyes that could make anyone melt at his feet.

James and Stella just laughed in unison not even staggering at his dark gaze. "You're just so crabby because you haven't found her yet. " Stella giggled watching Eli's Idon'tgiveafuck expression.

Eli really didn't have an interest in find his 'her'. He had watched a few of his friends find there's and he was disgusted with them; the way they got all soft and gushy with them it made him want to throw up. They were vampires for Christ's sake.

"I can't wait until you do, but really what kind of woman could handle you." James smiled while running his fingers through his short black hair.

"Haven't found one yet," Eli smirked and in the next second he wasn't there. He couldn't take anymore.

****

Annabeth lay still beneath him as his hands began to run down her sides all the way to her legs. Yet she couldn't control herself any longer a barely audible whimper escaped her lips. His touch wasn't painful nor was it to rough, if anything it was too gentle. It wasn't so much him that had brought on her noise of fright; it was the memory of a touch that wasn't so gentle.

To her complete surprise he froze above her and suddenly removed his hands from her body. Yet, that wasn't the most surprising as the next thing he did was literally fly off of her.

Instantly she brought her knees to her chest and hugged her arms around them, hiding her face.

"James!" Collin shouted desperately from his seat back in the chair. With his hands covering his face he took three raged breaths to gain the rest of his control.

Annabeth peeked over knees and watched him as he shook ever so lightly. It was the weirdest thing for her as she watched him nearly scream for James she wanted to comfort him, but she had a feeling he wasn't going to let her.

Within the next second James came striding in the room with speed, stopping he looked from Annabeth to Collin from Collin to Annabeth again and again with eyebrows raised. "What's wrong?"

"Did you get the stuff I asked for?" Collin asked as he rubbed his forehead with the palms of his hands.

"Already by the door."

"Good, could you head down to the front desk and find Annabeth a room?" He asked still not looking at anyone.

James laughed. "You know we don't have any vacancies."

"Then could you have Stella take her somewhere?"

"No." Annabeth muttered extremely quiet, but both men heard her as they turned their heads to stare at her in surprise.

"What?" Collin asked eyebrows rising.

"I'm not going anywhere with him or his girlfriend." She answered stubbornly her head still resting on her knees.

"You don't have a chose." Collin growled a little angry at her outburst.

"Yes I do."

"No-"Collin began, but was instantly cut off.

"I'm not taking her anywhere against her will." James stated. "With my luck I'll hurt her by accident and then you will hurt me and I'm not in the mood for any broken limbs." Then in the next second he wasn't there.

"There are clothes and anything you're going to need by the door." Collin informed her. "Go get dressed and ready. I have work to do an apparently your coming with me." He stated coldly.

"I'm not going anywhere with you." She murmured lowly still not looking at him.

"Once again you don't have an option." He growled.

"Like hell I don't."

"Fine, if you want to do this the hard way." Collin mumbled. Using his speed as an advantage he came up in front of her before she even realized and easily picked her up by the waist and threw her over his shoulder.

Shrieking she repeatedly punched him in the back. Great, she thought. From the hands of jerk to another jerk. "Put me down bitch!" She shouted.

"Fine." He muttered coldly setting her gently on her feet in the entrance of the bathroom and throwing the bags James had brought in there with her and then shutting the door.

"Get ready!" He told her through the door. "Your coming with me rather you like it or not."

"Why the hell do you even care? Just let me leave, damn it!" She shouted back at him trying to open the door, but he was leaning against it.

"You think those wolves are just going to give up? Ha, you're here for your own protection. Now get ready!" He shouted crossing his arms and turning to put some clothes on himself.