It Was Fate Ch. 04

Story Info
Annabeth's sisters are rescued.
3.7k words
4.68
24.4k
13
Story does not have any tags

Part 4 of the 8 part series

Updated 10/03/2022
Created 12/17/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Authors Note: Hi again. :) I thought a double submission would be a nice brightener since I haven't been a very consist poster. Anyways, I hope this chapter is better than the last. I'll keep on writing and improving as long as you read.

Enjoy,

SSG

~~~~

Annabeth paced back and forth in Collin's plush top floor suite. Continuing on her short path back and forth that she seemed determined to wear down, she was kicking herself for agreeing to stay in 'safety' as Collin had called it. Now she was uneasy all while worrying about Collin, Kadence, and Emma.

Worst of all was the fact this room smelled so strongly of him it was as if rubbed his entire body against the walls, which only made her miss him more than before. Yet, why did she miss a guy that she had only known for a day and a half?

Deeming herself crazy she set off for a nice hot shower.

*******************

This night held only a mere sliver of glowing moon positioned high over the sky. So, tonight the stars were taking the show with their own inconsistent glow. Yet, no one's eyes were on the beautiful night sky. Collin, James, and Eli had all taken to their respective chunk of the forest that needed searching. However, this was not any normal search and rescue mission. They were in enemy territory. Any snap of a twig or crunch of a leaf could signal the guard wolves that patrolled not far from here.

Eli stood perched on a high branch, one hand gripping the rough bark of the branch in between his crouched feet. From his position he could see over the thick underbrush and even the masses of fur off in the distance that was pacing back and forth, but he wasn't searching with his eyes. He was searching the area of sound, any ragged breath or thump of a heartbeat, anything that was remotely human.

Yet, he was having no luck. If this girl was near him she was deathly still and was taking quiet, slow breaths. Falling from the branch he landed on the damp leaves of the forest floor as graceful as a cat as he began a new approach. He didn't have any other options. It was approaching eleven and they didn't have much time before Gustavo and his body guards would head to the very corner of his territory Eli was in.

All of a sudden Eli stepped upon a twig, a tiny little twig, but in this silent night it sounded like a gun shot. With a sudden sharp intake of breath he froze and hoped the werewolves wrote it off as an animal. Yet, he could hear the methodical foot falls of the wolf still in its path, but he could hear a quickly thumping heart beat too. With a slight smile at the thought that his mistake had created victory he started quickly striding lightly toward the sound.

Like a light house guiding him to the shore he strode faster and faster until he stopped abruptly at a large thick bush. He thought for a second it could just be an animal, but he trusted his ears too much this heart beat was strong and human.

This time he made his mistake deliberately; picking up a nearby twig he snapped it. The results were instantaneous, the heartbeat he was locked in on quickened to a steady thump in his mind. At this proximity he could even hear the faint whisper of well controlled breathing.

She was so close he could even smell her. It was an abnormal scent to his senses, she kind of smelled good. Nothing smelled like that to him not even an open wound gushing blood smelled as good as she did.

Eli had been born into the vampire world a black sheep. No one has ever had his gift. He was born without the strong vampire emotion called blood lust. Blood lust is a key emotion in everyday life for a vampire. He was like a baby being born without hunger. At the beginning he nearly starved because he didn't want to feed.

Yet, this scent was everything he had ever missed wrapped in one. This had to be Annabeth's sister, Kadence, it fit the exact thing Collin had warned him about...."She might smell so good you can't control yourself. Just yell for me, I can get there before you switch." Thank god, he hadn't switched to vampire when he got into the woods like he wanted to.

Taking a deep breath of that sweet aroma he literally shook the thought of his fangs piercing soft giving flesh. It was a though that was brand new in his mind. I can do this, he thought.

The exact reason Collin had called him for was the exact reason why he felt like he couldn't complete this mission. I have to, he decided. He was far too close to just give up.

Crouching down he began to grit his teeth as his body went into auto pilot. With his arms outstretched he felt through the leafy bush. Nothing. Standing up he sighed quietly.

But, he knew she was here and the scent was getting stronger by the passing moment.

In the next second all he could feel was a hard object forcefully thrust upon his head as he spun around in complete and udder disbelief. It hurt like hell, but it wasn't possible to knock out a vampire so easily.

Standing behind him wielding a large rock was the source of that heavenly aroma.

God, she was beautiful. Even in this dark forest his sharp eyes could make her out as clear as day. Her golden brown hair was tumbled over one shoulder in a tangled mass that caught his eyes first; then, her almost yellow eyes that matched any wolf's. Yet, those eyes were cutting into him with complete and utter fury, but the dark circled beneath them only made her look as if she was going to pass out in any given second.

She was a little bit over average for a woman standing at a nice 5'8, which fit Eli's height better. The last thing for him to notice was the fact she stood on only one leg, while the other one hovered above the ground.

With a single quick and precise moment he stole the rock from her grasp and set it on the ground softly. He nearly chuckled at the look on her face when she realized her weapon had suddenly disappeared. Then he simply scooped her up easy as pie and took off at a dead sprint.

He smiled again as his plan worked just as he planned. Instead of flailing and making noise she held on for dear life. Simply by instinct she reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck and tucked her face in between her arm and his neck to shield her face from the wind.

No one would flail and risk being dropped by a vampire moving at a high speed.

****

Alec and his men stood as if frozen in time in the middle of the woods, pine trees flecking there formation. It was maybe 11 PM they planned for a sneak attack in this nearly pitch black night. Wind ruffled the leaves and their hair as they stood motionless waiting for the light paw steps to drift completely into non existence. The Werewolves had a flaw they couldn't see nearly as far as they could hear and smell. When it came down to it they were basically oversized wolves. Having washed their clothes in a simple Scent-A-Way like something a hunter would use they had the smell part covered. Don't forget they could stand frozen like statues for days; they were undetectable in their current position with sight and sound too.

All of them had their eyes squinted as there gaze was fixed on the giant, furry masses that patrolled the southern border of their own territory. All their eyes going left and right following the wolf's path back and forth as they waited for a gap in between the two giant masses routes.

Nearly undetectable Alec's pointer finger came free of his right fisted hand, signaling the five men in formation to his right to make their move into the wolves' territory. Like creatures of the night the statues came to life, like wild deer taking long silent strides they leapt over the territory line coming nearly out of sight then freezing again as still as the trees.

Alec watched again waiting for that hole in their defenses to reopen. Coping the same action he did before his pointer finger come out of his fist on his left side signaling the four men on his left side along with himself to make their move. With the first breath he had taken in an hour he came to life along with the other men; with lightning speed they bolted matching the long strides of the groups before them.

Alec froze a few feet from crossing the territory line one of the furry beasts had stopped in its tracks with an ear cocked. But, he didn't have time to stay still he was standing directly in the second beasts path. In a split second decision he continued to join formation with his men and freeze again. If you would have stayed still he would have had to take down the second wolf but at least now if they had heard Alec they would have to find him and his men first.

But, right now he was fed up with this as they stood motionless in their 'V' formation. In the pitch black woods he made his signal with both hands his pointer finger poked out of his fists telling both groups to head into the second phase of his plan that would more than likely involve some violence. They were about to infiltrate the main housing.

Moving like the creatures of the night they were they crept deeper into the wolf's territory; everyone had their eyes peeled preparing themselves for the immanent battle. A light in the distance tipped off the battle would be happening soon. It was impossible to be silent and undetectable when going through the actual building. Hey, but they were going to try.

****

Eli stopped abruptly in front of Collin and James who stood arms and ankles crossed lounging against their getaway vehicle.

"She's filthy." James commented as soon as he finished eyeing the girl in Eli's arms.

"...And asleep." Collin chuckled as he stood back upright. "I didn't know you had such a way with women."

"Then you don't know me very well." Eli smirked. "Someone open that door for me."

As James opened the door for him he slid in making sure not to hit Kadence on anything or jar her too much. He was personally surprised she had fallen asleep with him carrying her. She had tried and succeeded in beating him over the head with a rock. Yet, she did look exhausted. It was a possibility she hadn't slept since the previous night before she escaped.

"Everyone's hands and feet in?" James mocked shutting the door.

Kadence jumped in his grasp as the door slammed, but that only made her nuzzle his neck softly and settle back down.

"What's wrong?" Collin asked he started up the car and pulled off the side of the road.

"What do you mean?" Eli asked calmly.

"I can hear your teeth grinding from here." He said simply.

"She smells good." He revealed.

He didn't say a word instead he turned his eyes and eyed him in complete shock.

"I know, I know. It's fucking weird. Is just me or does she smell better than a gushing flesh wound." He laughed trying to lighten this situation of losing his gift.

"She doesn't smell any better that a woman walking on a street to me." James muttered taking a nice whiff of air.

"Well, then I'm crazy." Eli mumbled. "What am I supposed to do with her?"

"I was thinking you could take her for the night, but if you can't handle her smell. I'll have to find someone else who can." Collin responded.

"No, I'll take her." Eli muttered before he knew what he was saying.

****

Emma lay trapped under big, bulky Gustavo that was whispering things into her ear as she trembled with fear.

"Your sisters left you here." He whispered into her ear. "They don't give a fuck about you." He whispered nuzzling her neck. "Now that they left, your body will be used to sedate my desires until Annabeth is returned to me."

"No." She whimpered. That was all she could get out as she trembled, a tear running down her cheek. If only she could fight, but she was almost so crushed underneath him that she couldn't breathe let alone fight or struggle.

"No?" He questioned kissing her cheek "If you relax you might actual enjoy this." That when he pressed his lips to hers; crushing them. She screamed into his mouth as his large rough hands began roving her body.

All of a sudden a distant howl ripped through the air causing Gustavo to instantly jump off of her.

"Do you know what?" He nearly yelled. "You're staying here! If you live, we will continue this." He smiled but then laughed at a thought. "If whoever is here doesn't finish you off for me. "

Emma took a deep breath trying to calm herself down but the only thing she took was a short raged breath followed with some more trembling as Gustavo darted out the door completely naked.

"Fuck!" Alec growled. And it was just a growl with barely any remnants of a human voice. When in complete vampire it was difficult to contact your voice at all, but thanks to the fact Alec was...experienced and mostly always in vampire he was more in touch than the usual vampire.

They stood in the middle of a deserted hallway, a portion of them leaning against the wall bored.

"Spread out! Search this fucking place." He commanded. "Anyone you find bring to me before you kill them."

In a split second everyone had dispersed in their opposite directions including Alec.

He found himself standing in a very dirty room that smelled of wet dog and it made his nose crinkle instinctively. Getting down on his hands and knees he searched beneath the bed and in the messy closet before he growled softly and left the smelly room.

"Sir!" Liam yelled. "I think I found her."

Alec's head jerked to the direction of the voice as his eyes were greeted with a quite a sight. Big burly Liam Lee was literally pulling a girl down the hallway by her arm. It looked like it hurt, but she wasn't showing any signs of weakness. You could visually see the indentions Liam's thick fingers were pressing into her arms. The worst part was all she was clad in was a thin sheet that she struggled to conceal herself with, with only one free arm.

"Liam! Loosen your fucking grip, she's a human!"

Looking around he searched for the source of the voice. And oh did he find it. His friend of many years Mitchell Frälsare stood behind Alec looking completely pissed. Mitchell was a little bit shorter than himself at about 5'10 and dawned shorter more controlled hair style that Alec, all topped off with dark green eyes.

Mitchell has a very soft spot for humans. Thanks to the fact his mate was human and intended on staying that way. It was sad really, he would spend her entire life un-aged and perfect all while savoring the last moment with her before she died. He already had a plan to get himself killed when she died. Well, past those sad facts he was an expert at a gentle touch.

"I've never handled a human, sorry!" Liam defended doing as he was told as he stopped suddenly in front of Alec. "So, is this her?" He asked eagerly a hint of excitement in his tone.

With his pointer finger he lifted the girl's chin to make her greet her eyes with his as she flinched at his touch. The second her eyes met his he knew it was her. I believe the description of her said, "Eyes as blue as a clear sky," was a little bit of an understatement.

Emma was mesmerized for a second by the man's beauty. Oh god, and his eyes! They were a color she had never seen before, a clear sea green. Yet, they were partially eclipsed by his mop of shiny black hair that wondered into his eyes.

The contrast was beautiful, yet her eyes didn't stay on his eyes for too long as they drifted to the tattoo than ran up the side of his neck, all the way down his arm, and then to the finger he used to lift her chin. The tattoo was a thin intricate design and what appeared to be writing of a different language down the side of his neck. Yet, his shirt was covering the rest. If the design ran all the way from his right hand's finger tips to the right side of his neck she could only imagine where else it ran.

"Yes." Alec answered simply as he removed his coat and signaled Liam to release her. "Here, leave the sheet."

He watched as Emma complied. She simply pulled the too large coat onto each arm and buttoned it up before she shimmied out of the sheet. All while she looked down and refused to look anyone in the eye, to think about the only person she had looked at was Alec.

"Let's move!" Alec commanded causing a small storm of vampires to emerge from random rooms and pool into the hallway. They all had a confused look on their face as if saying, "When did we find the girl?"

Once they all filed out, he looked down at Emma. She was barefoot which meant walking through the woods wouldn't be happening. With a sigh he picked her up and began out the door.

She didn't even make a sound; she just laid still and looked anywhere but at him.

****

Collin tip toed into his room after he had stripped down to his boxers at the doorway; he didn't want to wake Annabeth. Peeking past the corner he found her curled into a ball sleeping directly in the middle of his bed. And that was exactly what she looked like with only the top of her head visible.

Carefully he pulled the covers down and slipped beneath.

Annabeth awoke with a start feeling the sudden shift of weight. Yet, it didn't take her long to realize who it was. Untangling herself she slid over to him only partially awake as she propped herself up on her elbows.

"Did you find them?" She whispered her voice a little hoarse from sleep as she didn't even bother to open her eyes.

"Kadence is down stairs with Eli and she is mostly unharmed. But, I haven't heard word from Alec yet." Collin answered in a barely a whisper.

"I'll go downstairs and see her." Annabeth muttered dreamily sitting up.

"No..." Collin trailed off. Pulling the arm that was supporting her from beneath her she fell back onto him. With a groan she readjusted herself until her head was lying on his chest and she was pressed against his side. "She is asleep and safe." He reassured her hooking an arm around her.

"Okay." She agreed not really wanted to leave bed anyway. "But-"

"Shh." He soothed kissing her forehead. "She'll be there in the morning."

****

El stood beside his bed staring down at the mainly unconscious girl as he scratched his head. He couldn't just go to sleep and leave her lying there all dirty. Yet, he couldn't quite constitute stripping her naked and washing her himself.

With a sigh he moved to her side and picked her back up; the sad part was she didn't even make a sound.

Eli was having a hard time refraining from breathing through his nose. Not only did her smell make him a little crazy, it was addicting. He wanted to smell her. Yet, he was using self control he had never had to use before as he set her on the counter.

He was going to have to attempt to wake her up.

"Kadence..." He trailed off using his hands on her both sides of her waist to shake her. He watched closely as her eyes opened begrudgingly. Yet, she didn't even seem to be quite conscious as he eyes scanned him with complete in recognition.

"Come on." He muttered setting her back on the ground, which simply caused her to lean against him fully.

The fact she hadn't been baring any weight on her left leg had totally slipped his mind. He didn't have a bathtub and that means he was taking a shower with her.

"Kadence..." He trailed off again causing her to look up at him. "Would you like me to take your clothes off for you?" He smiled.

She didn't answer.

With a small chuckled he pulled his shirt over his head and then without and protest removed hers as she even lifted her arms for him. He laughed; it was like she was so tired she was drunk! Unbuckling his belt and unbuttoning his pants he let them fall and then leaned down to do the same to her.

****

Emma stood in the doorway where Alec had deposited her. He was currently stripping down to his boxers. God, he was perfect. That tattoo as she imagined ran down his entire right side.

"Are you just going to stand there?" He asked shedding his pants.

12