It Was Just Sex, Honey Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

“Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for the honor you have bestowed on my wife. I used to make fun of her writing. She would try to tell me something about what she was doing and I would treat it as a joke. For several years, I made fun of my dumb blonde wife who thought she was a writer. Hell, I used to accuse her of being so dumb that she used whiteout on the computer screen to correct misspelled words.

“It was over five years before I took her writing seriously. Something, uh … unusual had happened to me and I sat down and read her first two novels. They were funny, they told a story, and they were very erotic. It was at that point that I revised my opinion of her as a writer. Her third book told one hell of a story. It wasn’t quite as funny but it was definitely erotic. I began to see a depth to her writing, and her, that I had somehow missed.

“Her last book almost scared me. I could see me in one of her main characters. Her insight, not only into that character but several others was almost phenomenal. I still don’t know how she was able to do that. Maybe, someday, if I’m lucky, she will enlighten me.”

I turned and looked into her eyes. I could see tears starting to form. I had one more thing to say.

“You didn’t know I could read, did you, dear?”

I sat down, kissed her on the cheek and joined in the applause and laughter.

The rest of the ceremony was kind of anticlimactic. I was starting to think ahead, wondering what her ultimate goal was. Why had she come to see me? Why did she want me here? Why did she introduce me as her husband? I glanced at Gail. She seemed to be deep in thought. I had no idea of what she was thinking about.

We hung around and visited for a little while after the ceremony. Gail finally mentioned that it had been a long, tiring night and was ready to go back to her room. It was a silent ride on the elevator and we didn’t say a word while walking down the hall. She unlocked her door, turned and asked, “Would you like to come in, Paul?”

“I don’t think so, Gail. I’m tired. I need to think and I need to get some sleep. When are you leaving?”

“I’m flexible. I’m not currently working on anything now. Why?”

“I think I would like to see you again, perhaps tomorrow?”

“It just so happens that I don’t have a thing planned for all day tomorrow. Give me a call here at the hotel when you’re ready.”

“Goodnight, Gail.”

“Goodnight, Paul.”

I was still somewhat confused about Gail’s sudden appearance back in my life. Considering how I had treated her during our marriage, I was surprised she even thought of me, much less actually coming to see me. There was a mystery. How did she find me? How did she even know what city I was living in, much less where my apartment was? I still had no idea of why she introduced me as her husband. I was about half way home when I decided to make a detour.

Considering that it was a little after midnight, Bear’s Bar would just now be hitting full stride. A hail of whistles and catcalls greeted me when I entered. Well, that was to be expected. Everyone here knew me and they all considered me to be their friend. Bear was holding court in his usual place, on a stool at the far end of the bar.

“Hey, check you out, man! Them’s nice duds. What chu doin here dressed like that?”

“I need to talk with you for a little bit.”

“Okay, let’s go to my office.”

He had a small office off to the side, behind the bar. The desk was very neat and orderly. The rest of the room was stacked with useless junk that people had pawned to him over the past several years.

“Okay, Paul, what’s yer problem?”

“What makes you think I have a problem?”

“Well, let’s see. It’s half past, yer dressed to impress and yer here talkin ta me. That all adds up ta a problem. Now, what is it?”

“She’s back, Bear, and I don’t know what to do about it.”

“Who’s back?”

“Gail is back. She came to see me this morning. She asked me to be her escort at an awards banquet this evening and I accepted.”

“Considerin how yer dressed, that’s obvious.”

“Damn it all to hell, Bear! When we got there, she introduced me to everyone as her husband. I don’t have a clue as to what she wants or what I should do.”

“Look, ya dumb fuck, she obviously wants ya back or she wouldn’t a looked ya up. As ta what ya should do, why are ya sittin here talkin ta me when ya should be in her room, makin up?”

“That may be but considering how I treated her, I’m not sure that I deserve her. Besides, she may just be doing this for revenge or something.”

“Well, let’s see. She invites ya ta be her escort. She introduces ya as her husband ta all her colleagues and peers. She chooses ya ta spend what is probably one a the most important nights a her life with. Yep, sounds kinda like revenge ta me.”

“Damn it! I don’t want to take a chance on hurting her any more than I already have.”

“Yah, sure. Ya don’t want ta take a chance a hurting yerself either, do ya?”

“Okay … okay … that might be true, too.”

“Go home, Paul. Go home an get some sleep. See her tomorrow and ask her what she wants. Now get out a here afore one a the gals drags ya upstairs an rapes ya.”

I did what Bear said. I went home but I didn’t get much sleep. I called Gail at eight the next morning.

“Hello?”

“It’s Paul. I … uh … called to thank you for a nice time last night.”

“You’re welcome, Paul. I had a nice time, too.”

“Could we … uh … could we get together and … uh … maybe … uh … maybe talk?”

“I’ll be there in fifteen minutes.” Click.

Damn! She just hung up and is now on her way here. Oh, shit! What am I going to say? How am I going to make her understand that I really do love her? How am I going to convince her it’s her and her alone that I want to be with?

Less than fifteen minutes later, the door rattled. “Knock! Knock! Knock!”

Damn! She certainly got here quick enough. She must have broken the speed limit all of the way.

“Hello, Gail, thanks for coming over.” I greeted her, cautiously.

“Well, you called. I came. What do you want to talk about?” She asked breathlessly.

She must have run up all four flights of stairs. I had thought about this, but now that she was here, I still didn’t know how to begin. It was just like yesterday morning. She was wearing sandals, blue jeans and a white cotton blouse. Her hair was piled up on top of her head last night but she had it back into a ponytail now. Just as yesterday morning, she tossed her handbag on the couch and went to the same chair on the balcony.

“I … uh … could I ask you some questions?” I asked shyly.

“Of course. Ask away.” She replied with confidence.

I took the plunge. “Why did you introduce me to everyone last night as your husband?”

“Because you are.”

That was a simple statement. Was she playing some kind of a mind game? “I don’t understand. We’re divorced.”

“I never went through with it, Paul.”

I couldn’t believe it. If ever a woman had just cause to get rid of a man, she did. “You mean … you mean we’re still married?”

“Yes.” She stated, direct and to the point.

Okay, the next question was so obvious I asked it without thinking. “Why?”

“I kept hoping you would come back. I really do still love you.”

So, there it was. After the way I had treated her. After the way I had cheated on her for our entire marriage. She was still in love with me.

“Option three.” I just blurted it out. I don’t know why.

“Excuse me?”

That was a switch. She was confused. For the first time since I’ve known her, she’s confused. Calm, cool and collected Gail was confused. Under other circumstances, I would have laughed. Not now, not this time, I wanted her back. As much as it hurt, I was willing to do whatever I had to. If I had to open old wounds and remind her of a conversation I had tried for three years to forget, then so be it.

“Three years ago, you offered me four options. The first option was for us to join a swingers club and have an open marriage. The second option was for us to just keep sneaking around on each other. The third option was for us to forgive each other and live as a married couple should. You mentioned something about starting a family. The forth option was divorce. I did the stupidest thing in my life I have ever done. I walked out on you. So, if my options are still available, I choose option three.”


She continued to look confused for a few seconds, then her eyes lit up with understanding. The next thing I knew, I had a lap full of girl and a mouth full of tongue! Oh! Boy! Wow! That felt nice. It lasted until we had to come up for air. We each took a deep breath and she locked her mouth to mine again. Something down below was on a rampage. Three years is a long time to be without a woman. Considering how she was moving her hips, she was on a rampage as well. I certainly hadn’t expected this. I had convinced myself that I had lost her but here she was, kissing the hell out of me, and making it plain that she wanted more.

Suddenly, we were out of the chair and she was dragging me to the bedroom. Clothes were flying in every direction. She fell back onto the bed, taking me with her. She grabbed my dick, guided it into her and let out a long sigh.

“Oh, Paul, I’ve waited three years for this.” She moaned.

In less than a minute, she was screaming in orgasm. In less than two minutes, so was I. It didn’t stop there. I had only begun. For the first time, since I had met her, I actually made love to her. For the first time, since I had met her, I told her how much I loved her. I teased, I taunted and I titillated her. I caressed, I licked, I massaged and I explored her body. I took my time. I made her the center of her universe.

I made love to her body and I whispered endearments, making love to her mind. I had her moaning with anticipation and screaming in release. Time had ceased to exist. We were in a place where only lovers can go. There was just the two of us, united as one. Each of us giving and in turn receiving. Exhaustion finally stopped us. We lay together, entwined; each of us lost in the dreamland of love and joy. Fulfilled. Sated.

“Paul, honey, we have to talk. There are some things I have to tell you about.”

We managed to find our clothes, get something to drink and sat down at the small kitchen table.

“Gail, I have no hard feelings about what you did to me. Considering the way I was behaving and what I was doing to you, well, you were fully justified in what you did. You were entitled to a little revenge.”

“That’s just it, Paul, it wasn’t revenge. I really did feel as if I had missed out on something in life. I really did want to know what it would be like with different partners. You were seeing several different women on a regular basis so I thought it would be okay for me to see a few different men. I’ll admit, I did use it to get your attention. I actually thought you would chose option one. Maybe, option two at worst. I had no idea you would walk out. I wouldn't have done it if I had known you would leave. I’m very sorry. Forgive me?”

“There’s nothing to forgive. It’s me that should be asking for forgiveness, for being such a jerk. I treated you like dirt and I’m very sorry. I would like to do as you said, you know, forgive all past transgressions and move on. Maybe even start a family”

“We can only do that after I tell you what I’ve done since you’ve been gone.”

“There’s no need for that. I’ve done some pretty stupid things the past three years myself.”

“Yes, we have to do this. If we are going to build a life together, then there can be no surprises somewhere down the road. We have to get everything out in the open, now.”

“Okay, who goes first?”

“I will, I already know about you.”

“Oh, how’s that?”

“Ask me later, please?”

“Alright. By the way, how did you find me?”

“Uh … could that wait till later, too?”

“Very well, proceed.”

“Well, to begin with, I’ve continued to be a part of the swing club. No, not every night, but I would have a date with one of them once in a while. They’re nice people and I enjoy being with them. Their parties are a lot of fun. I’m still the only member that goes there without a partner.”

“That’s alright, Gail. I don’t blame you. You deserved a little happiness in your life. I do understand.”

“Thank you, Paul. Now then, the hard part begins. I started my forth book right after you left. I spent over a month on just the outline. I then wrote for three months. I tried very hard but I couldn’t get the emotions of the characters right. I finally decided that the only way I could do it was to experience what some of my characters did. I made a list and started with the easiest first.

“I worked three weeks as a maid for a very rich couple. I then worked as a waitress in a small café for a couple of weeks. My next experience was as a cocktail waitress, in a very skimpy outfit, at one of the better nightclubs. I then tried being a bartender for a week. I wasn’t very good at that.”

“I was a bartender for a while. I wasn’t very good at it either.”

“I know. Anyhow, my next job was as an erotic dancer at one of the strip clubs. I even gave lap-dances to some of the patrons.”

“Wow! Do I get one?”

“Please, Paul, don’t make fun of me.”

“I’m not making fun of you. I’ll bet you can give one hell of a lap-dance. I really would like to enjoy that experience sometime.”

“If you still want me after this is over, I’ll give you a dance you’ll never forget. It gets worse from here on, Paul. Do you want me to continue?”

“If it will make you feel better, please, do so.”

“Two of my characters were lesbians. So I ….”

“You didn’t!”

“Yes, I did. A few of the women at the swing club are bisexual. I told them about the characters in my book. Two of them invited me to join them in the bedroom and I did.”

“I don’t know what to say, Gail. Did you enjoy it?”

“Once I got past my prejudices and inhibitions, I enjoyed it very much. Making love with another woman was different, yet very satisfying. I was lucky. I had two very good teachers.”

“Is that something you want to continue?”

“That depends, Paul. If I still have you after this is over, then its something I don’t care to ever do again.”

“Okay, please continue.”

“One of the couples occasionally play master and slave. I persuaded them to let me join them. I was their slave for a week. It was new. It was fun. It was enlightening. I enjoyed the experience. However, it’s not a lifestyle I care to pursue.”

“Is there anything you haven’t done? Damn, Gail! If someone else were telling me that you've done all of those things, I would have called them a liar. I’m not sure what to think, now.”

“It gets worse, Paul. I arranged to be raped. The main female character in my novel was raped. I was having trouble writing about how it effected her emotionally. You remember my doctor at the clinic don’t you? He’s a member of the swing club, too.


“Anyhow, I told him what I needed and he agreed to set it up with two of the club members. They were supposed to surprise me on a Saturday night. They showed up Friday night instead. They actually shattered my back door and forced me to do all kinds of things. They wore ski masks so I wouldn’t know who they were. They were a lot rougher with me than I had anticipated. I actually fought back at one point and they slapped the hell out of me. They used and abused me until almost daylight.

“I called the doctor as soon as they left. He had me come to the clinic immediately. It wasn’t the two members of our club. I actually had been raped. He tested me for STDs twice a week for several weeks after that. I couldn’t call the police. It would have been too embarrassing. One of the club members is a psychiatrist and I went through several months of counseling with him.”

“Damn, Gail, I’m sorry. That must have been horrible for you.”

“Yes, it was but I’m over it now. I finally wrote my book. I sent it to my publisher and he didn’t change one word of it. You see, after my book was in print and on the best seller’s list, my psychiatrist wanted to have one last session with me. When I arrived, I was greeted by my doctor and the two club members that raped me. They apologized, profusely. They wanted to make the experience as real as possible to me. They were very successful, almost too successful. I wanted to shoot all of them. I ended up hugging and thanking each of them.

“That, Paul, concludes my confession. Do I still have you? Or, have I lost you again?”

At this point, I didn’t know what to think. To say that I was surprised would be a gross understatement. I now had to do something I seldom had done in my life. I had to think things through, very carefully. She had done things I would have never allowed if we had been together. That was just it, we weren’t together. I had been a grade “A” number one asshole and walked out on her. She, in turn, had written a superb novel and won an award for it. Hell, one of the characters even resembled me. Well, the old me. I wasn’t that way now. Did she know that?

“You haven’t answered my question yet.”

“What question?”

“How did you find me?”

“Oh. Well, I received a very nice, very long letter. It was from a man who claimed to know you. His writing was very eloquent. He told me all about you. Your drinking. Where you had been living and where you were living now. He said you were in love with me. He said you were afraid to come home, that you were too ashamed. That’s why I ask for wine. I wanted to see for myself if you had quit drinking. Anyhow, his letter convinced me to see you. He must have known about the awards ceremony and that I would be attending it. His letter arrived two weeks ago. So, here I am.”

“Who wrote the letter?”

“Some nice man by the name of Marian Feathers.”

“Marian Feathers? Who in the hell is that?”

“I don’t know. He claims you worked for him as a bartender for a while.”

“Bear! It has to be Bear! So that’s why no one knows what his real name is. Just wait until the next time I see him!”

“Paul? Is there something I should know about this man?”

“Yes. And it’s a good thing. I’ll introduce you to him later.”

“You had me worried for a second.”

“Tell me something, Gail. What lengths will you go to, to write your next novel?”

“Whatever they are, Paul, I promise to get your permission before I do it. If you don’t agree, then the book won’t get written.”

We talked. We caught up on all the details of the past three years. We spent two hours in bed. We made love, like it should be between two people that love one another. We returned her rental car. She checked out of the hotel and we moved her luggage to my apartment.

We made plans. We both felt there was no reason to return to our old home. We were going to be a couple. We were going to start a family. We were making a fresh start. She liked her friends there, but she didn’t want that lifestyle any more. A clean break from her friends would be best for both of us. We spent another hour in bed, catching up on all of the time we had lost. We would start house-hunting the first thing tomorrow morning. We talked until almost midnight. I insisted she put on the same dress she wore to the banquet. She piled her hair up on her head just like it had been last night. I got back into my best suit and we went for a ride.

She was apprehensive driving through the area of town I went to. She didn’t want to get out of the car when I parked in front of a seedy-looking bar. I managed to get her through the door and she froze in place. Ninety percent of the clientele in here were black. Most of the men, as well as the women, looked dangerous. Her instincts were correct and her apprehension was at overload. Most of the people here were dangerous, in one way or another.

In this place, blonde and blue would tend to get everyone’s attention. A stunningly beautiful blonde and blue dressed as she was would bring the place to a standstill. That’s exactly what happened. The place went deathly quiet.