It Was What It Was

Story Info
Lydia stood in front of her sink full of dirty dishes.
4.4k words
4
10.3k
1
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lydia stood in front of her sink full of dirty dishes. "God I miss a dishwasher." She thought. She was tired and cranky. Hilary had been even more demanding than usual. It was like children have a sixth sense about sensing a bad day and pushing the limits. Lydia had taken all she could then finally decided to send her to bed early. She did the dishes in a trance like state, her mind thinking back to her marriage, the "things" she gave up for a better life. She glanced at the sunflower shaped clock in the kitchen and saw that it was still early; she'd forgotten how early the sun was going down lately.

She rinsed the last pot, stacked it on the other dishes and left the room. She walked up the stairs and into her room. She turned on the computer and saw that Casanova 456 had sent her a message. She clicked on the little envelope and opened it.

Something's come up, I'll get back to you about meeting.

Lydia read it over and over again. Her mind raced "why would he backtrack?" she wondered. "He probably found someone and he's keeping me simmering on the back burner for a just in case."

She picked the phone up and dialed. "Hello Mrs. Smith, I'm sorry for bothering you, may I speak with Sybil?" Her face dropped slightly when Sybil's Mother told her that Sybil had just left with Brent, but could be reached on her cell, and then said good bye.

Lydia got up from her computer chair, and went downstairs. She found her purse on the kitchen table and dug for her cell phone. She hit a few keys on the phone, and dialed the number from her home phone. It was answered on the third ring. "Yo dawg...what's up?" Sybil said.

"Where are you?" Lydia asked.

"We're heading to Biddington, I'm craving junk food, and thinking of fish and chips wanna come?"

"You forget I have a child." Lydia said, "Hey, why don't you come here instead, I've got four bottles of Larry's homemade wine and I sure could use the company."

"I'm famished though." Sybil said.

"I've got stuff here, I'll feed you...I hardly ever ask you for anything, stop being such a tight ass." Lydia said

"We'll be there straight away." Sybil replied and the line went dead.

Lydia opened the fridge and quickly scanned the ingredients for a delicious dish of homemade nachos. She knew Sybil long enough to know what her favourite dishes were, and Sybil liked her foot both hot and spicy. Lydia remembered once dining with Sybil in a Mexican restaurant and commented on the fact that she'd never seen anyone eat as sexy as she did. She envied Sybil's life at times, she had so much freedom. She couldn't remember the last time she'd gone off and just had fun. Hilary was getting to the age where she was out a lot and so Lydia felt an almost "dread factor" when her baby was gone for a sleep-over.

She had a mind of her own and knew that she was ready to fall in love, but with whom? Casanova456 was the most interesting man that she'd encountered in a long time and he'd just announced that "now isn't a good time". "What the fuck was I thinking?" Lydia thought while taking a package of boneless chicken from the fridge, ripping the plastic wrap from it and reaching for a sharp knife. "Hurry up and get here Sybil." She said under her breath.

In no time flat, Lydia had everything ready to cook, and still no Sybil. The doorbell finally decided to ring and Lydia practically ran to the door. She unlocked the dead bolt and Sybil and Brent were there. "Shit I didn't really think that Brent would come in." Lydia thought.

"Come in...come in." Lydia said. She noticed that both were wearing jackets and told them to hang them on her hall tree.

Sybil couldn't believe how much work Lydia had done with the place in three years. "Holy fuck what a great house!" she exclaimed.

"Hey, I have a kid sleeping upstairs." Lydia reminded her.

"Right...well, the house looks amazing, I love the colours that you've picked."

"It was a bit nerve racking, I think I drove the woman at the hardware store absolutely bonkers really...I kept changing my mind and well, I guess this is the result. It's not much but I call it home." Lydia ushered her guests into the kitchen.

"I threw something together, I hope you'll like it but first I'd like to have a glass of wine, I have both red and white." She pointed to the bottles on the butcher block island.

"Brent you pick." Sybil said

"I'm really not a-"

"Pick!" Sybil yelled.

"Red." He snapped.

"You too okay?" Lydia said, "What am I thinking of course you're not okay, it's been a rough go of it for both of you." She opened the wine with her corkscrew and began to pour. "We don't have to have a glass of wine, we can-"

"Pour it." Sybil said "We're both fine, this is exactly what we both needed, which is to get out for a bit and forget about tomorrow."

"Well put sis." Brent added.

Lydia poured the red wine into three glasses, waited for everyone to take the stem. "To Arthur." She said.

"To Arthur." Both Sybil and Brent said in unison. The three glasses clinked. And everyone sipped the wine.

"Hey...not bad." Brent commented while swirling the wine. "For home made wine that is."

"Didn't I tell you? Brent is a wine snob." Sybil laughed "I've seen him send it back just for fun." She added while filling her glass. "He did it on more than one occasion while he was visiting in London." She took a long drink. "Talk about embarrassing, I couldn't show my face there for ages after that."

"Give me a break, you of all people should know that if the presentation isn't perfect it should be sent back." Brent smiled. He loved it when he got Sybil raving about something.

"I suppose that you've sent things back at the Elbow Room?" Lydia jumped into the conversation.

"Are you crazy? I've never stepped foot in that dive." Brent said filling his glass and offering to top Lydia up.

"It's really not that bad, it's better than nothing." Lydia replied watching Brent fill her glass. She knew that the wine wasn't hitting her that fast, there was something very striking about Brent.

"Earth to Lydia..." Sybil said while moving her hand in front of Lydia's staring eyes."

"What?" Lydia said while sipping her wine.

"Where did you go?" Brent asked, "Looked like you were in another world."

"I was, but I'm back...I'll put this in the oven. She slipped on two gigantic oven mitts that were shaped like fish. "Grab the wine and I'll meet you in the living room." Lydia said while getting blasted by the heat escaping from the oven."

Brent and Sybil gathered up the glasses and the bottles and walked into the candle lit living room. Sybil had forgotten how much Lydia loved candles. The room was dotted with photographs of Hilary and like always, everything was in its place.

They both took a seat on the long red couch and put the wine and glasses on the large coffee table that resembled a stack of books. Brent stood up and walked around the room taking in what sort of books Lydia read, mainly fluffy romance stuff, the occasional self-help book. He noticed that she had exceptional taste in art, he noticed a large piece that hung over her mantle.

"This is a fabulous painting, they didn't sign it." Brent noticed.

"Some artists sign the back of the painting, maybe this artist did too." Sybil said.

"Remind me to ask Lydia about it when she comes in." Brent was staring at the painting.

"Here I am." Lydia announced as her tiny size six feet clip clopped down the hall.

"I was just admiring your artwork." Brent said. "Who's the artist?"

"Yes Lydia...who is the artist?" Sybil asked.

"Well...I don't really know, I found it at a yard sale on day, had it framed and there you see my ten dollar find, mind you the framing was expensive." She added.

"Are you interested in selling it?" Brent said taking his seat on the couch.

"I've grown pretty attached to it, I don't think so...but if I do decide to sell it I'll let you have first dibs on it." She sat down on an overstuffed chair and sipped her wine.

"Hey Brent, when we're finished eating I'll give you a trim, you know...the funeral parlour is tomorrow." Lydia reminded him.

"Fully aware of it, but I didn't think it looked that bad." He ran his fingers through it."

"It's the least I could do." Lydia said

"Can we at least eat first?" Sybil asked. "I'm ravenous."

"What else is new, you're always hungry sis." Brent said. "Sure Lydia, I'll let you take a go of the hair, I won't be disappointed?" he teased.

"You happen to be talking to an award winning stylist, the women here in Trout River have no idea how lucky they have me labouring over their "dos" "she smiled and sipped her wine. She was feeling the effects of it already.

Sybil drained her glass, looked at Lydia "fag" was all she had to say and both excused themselves from the room and on the front porch. Every night seemed to get a little bit colder; it made Lydia think of paying her oil bill. She lit her cigarette and watched as Sybil brought a joint from her pocket.

"No way...you only just got here, how did you find someone in Trout River that fast?" she smiled as Sybil lit it took a few puffs then passed it to her. "You know I never touch the stuff, it scares me, especially after my heart attack." She blew her cigarette smoke into the night air and inhaled the sweet aroma of Sybil's weed. "I don't need to smoke it; I can get high from the fumes alone." They both started laughing when Brent appeared.

"Did I miss something funny...and speaking of funny...who's smoking the weed?" he said while sniffing.

"That would be your sister." Lydia said.

"Christ Sybil, you only just got here, how did you-"he began

"Don't ask." Sybil said

"You didn't carry that on the plane did you?" He looked horrified.

"Give me more credit than that." She inhaled deeply and passed it to Brent.

"I haven't touched the stuff since college." Brent said while staring at it. "I'm sure a bit of it won't hurt." He took the joint from Sybil and inhaled and began coughing.

"Take a smaller puff" Sybil said.

"I've got it under control." Brent said inhaling and holding it in while passing it back to Sybil.

"Hurry up you two, I'm getting cold." Lydia announced. "I'm going to head inside."

"Sure thing." Brent said just as Lydia went in and shut the door behind her.

They finished the joint and then Sybil took the roach and pushed it into Lydia's flowerbox. "It'll make them grow better." She said and both started giggling and continued until they were seated in the living room.

There glasses were filled and by the time the glass was half emptied Sybil had passed out cold on the couch. "Let her sleep, she must be wiped." Lydia whispered. "Oh...I know, I'll cut your hair."

"You've been drinking, you sure you're okay to-"

"You and Sybil have been drinking, I'm fine." Lydia replied.

Brent and Lydia situated Sybil on the couch and covered her with a thin fleece blanket. Brent took an unopened bottle of wine and both glasses and followed Lydia down the hall, through the kitchen and down another short hall, stopping while Lydia fumbled with the antique door knob. She groped for the light switch and seconds later the salon was brightly lit.

She spent a few minutes telling Brent that she shared the space with two younger stylists that rented the chair from her and explained how chair rental worked. He was watching her every move, the way her lips moved while she talked. She ushered him to a chair at the low shampoo sink, draped him with a cape and turned the water on, reaching across him exposing her cleavage to him. Her breast softly brushed against his chest while she wet his hair. He didn't wait for her to fill her hand with shampoo; he leaned up to meet her face and they kissed.

"We shouldn't be doing this." Lydia whispered then sucking his bottom lip into her mouth.

"I won't tell if you don't tell." Brent said back reaching for the buttons on her shirt, and exposing her bra to him.

"What about Sybil?" Lydia asked while he fumbled with the bra clasp.

"She's sleeping, and once she's asleep nothing can wake her up." He said finally unfastening her bra. He cupped her breast in his hand and softly sucked on her nipple.

She sighed and moved on top of him. She could feel how hard he was and she pressed against him and they kissed each other hungrily. His wet hair was dripping every where, beads of water slid down her chest. He kissed his way down her chest. He quickly took off her shirt and her bra and tossed them on the floor beside him. Lydia was fumbling with his belt; she stopped when he took her face in his large hands and kissed her passionately, playing with her tongue. He slid his hands between her legs and pressed against her. She took the cape off and unbuttoned his jeans and he lifted himself up as she tugged at them. She heard him kick them off. To Lydia's shock, he wasn't wearing anything else.

"I didn't shave my legs." She mumbled between kisses

"Either did I." Brent answered fumbling with the button to her snug fitting jeans. "Take those jeans off; I don't want to get everything wet." He whispered and kissed her again. She climbed over him and stood in front of him and seductively removed her jeans.

"Now the panties, take them off really slow." Brent said.

Lydia teased him while she took them off kicking them beside her shirt.

"God you're beautiful." Brent said watching her walk towards him.

"You're drunk, you'd be making it with a Golden Retriever." She climbed on him again. "That's okay, I like taking advantage of sexy men, I do it as a side line with the shop." She kissed him.

"So, does this mean they'll be a bill at the end?" he asked kissing her deeply, and moving his hand between her legs and touching her, sliding his finger through her wet, velvety softness. She gasped at his touch, moving her hand down and taking his hard shaft in her hand.

"Fuck" he said while her hand moved faster.

"Fuck" she said as his fingers moved faster.

He closed his eyes as she surrounded him. He thrust deeply into her with his hips and she took all of him. She took his wet hair in her hands and kissed him deeply while moving faster. He kissed her erect nipple, and then softly nibbled it; she reacted to his every touch like no other woman he'd encountered in his life. He pushed deeper and she moaned in his ear. He continued to kiss her and caressed her ample breasts tenderly; He knew how to control his body and raised himself off the chair with Lydia still clinging to him. She instinctively wrapped her legs around him as he braced against the wall thrusting deeper and stronger, her warm friction was making him want to orgasm, normally he could control it, and she was taking all of him which was quite a feat. Faster and faster he thrust into her, his breathing becoming more rapid with each lunge.

Lydia was absorbing what was going on, and how risky this was, she wanted to stop, but felt paralyzed by what was happening and Brent's body was in perfect tune with hers. Her eyes were open staring into Brent's eyes, he bit his bottom lip and slowed down, pushing ever so slowly until he was barely moving, she slowed down too lost in the moment, closer to climax. He began to speed up and she threw back her head, he could feel her tighten around him then release in a wave over him. He shuddered and his face tightened his kisses more gentle now.

"Wow" she managed to say.

"Wow" he added kissing her, he released her from his embrace and they began to dress.

A long uncomfortable silence settled on the two as they put their clothes on.

"We shouldn't tell Sybil." Lydia said as she buttoned up her blouse.

"I agree...besides, it would only end up in her column." Brent joked.

"I suppose we should get back to the haircut?" Lydia asked.

"I think we'd better get back inside, I'll just tell Sybil that-"

The door opened and a very bed headed Sybil appeared. "I guess I crashed." She said. "What did I miss? And why haven't you cut Brent's hair? How long have I been sleeping? Why is Brent's hair wet? Why is your blouse wet?"

"God you ask a lot of questions." Lydia remarked, "I sprayed myself a bit while I was wetting his hair."

"Go ahead, cut it...I'll watch, I love watching people get their hair cut." Sybil spied the bottle of wine and two glasses sitting on the reception desk. She couldn't quite put her finger on it but something didn't quite "feel right".

"Com'on Brent, take a seat." Lydia directed him to her chair and snatched the cape from the floor beside the shampoo chair. She draped the cape around him and fastened it around his neck.

Sybil watched as Lydia snipped away. She couldn't get her mind off the bottle of wine and finally asked. "Did you two just have sex?"

"Are you crazy?" Lydia snapped and stopped cutting.

"How did you come to that conclusion?" Brent asked.

"It was the wine bottle." She smiled, "and the two glasses"

"Wow" Brent replied, "Keep going, this is getting good."

"Well...I've known Lydia a long time and know that given her petit frame, it takes her very little to feel the effects of wine, and given the fact that she was about to cut your hair, she wouldn't be hammered. You are a different story; my question to you Mr. Stone is why would you bring wine when all that you wanted from Lydia was a haircut? It would certainly explain why Lydia's blouse is buttoned wrong and the real reason why it's wet. I'd ask if you made sure that you didn't leave your underwear Brent, but we all know that you don't wear any."

"There's a perfectly good reason why the wine bottle is here." Brent said.

"Fine then, what it is?" Sybil asked noticing how defensive Brent was becoming which only fueled her case.

"I admit that perhaps there might have been a moment when it crossed my mind." Brent could feel his face redden.

"Okay then, explain the buttons Lydia." Sybil said watching Lydia look into her mirror and noticing her shirt.

"You should be working for the CIA, you could crack any case." Lydia said.

"So you're admitting that I'm correct?" Sybil grinned.

"I'll never admit defeat, I will tell you instead that I have a learning disability and often will button things incorrectly." Lydia said while fixing her buttons. "It's something that I've tried to get a hold of, usually Hilary will tell me when-"

"Forget it." Sybil interrupted, "You think what you want and I'll think what I want."

"Yes, but you think that any two people that are put in a room together will have sex, your job has tainted you." Brent turned and faced his sister. You do know Sybil, that not everyone thinks like you do, not everyone is constantly thinking about sex constantly." He turned his chair and faced the mirror. "Let's get this haircut finished, I'm getting a bit tired of this whole thing."

"I agree with you." Lydia said resuming the haircut.

"Whatever." Sybil said looking around the room her mind absorbing the surroundings.

"You're already thinking about writing it, aren't you?" Brent said

"Moi?" she said, "Farthest thing from my mind, I'm not thinking about work at all."

"Bull-shit" Brent said while brushing a lock of hair from his cheek.

"I've already used a salon in one of my stories, like ages ago." She added.

"I'd love to live one minute in your head." Lydia said. "Why don't you just admit that you want a man in your life, this whole liberated single woman song is getting a little old, com'on...there has to be part of you that wants a relationship." Lydia paused and looked Sybil in the eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about, don't I look happy?" she smiled.

"I think that men are highly overrated really, apart from shagging, really...what are they good for?" she took a seat in the adjacent salon chair.

"Companionship." Brent blurted out without thinking.

"Get a dog." Sybil answered

12