It's All About Faith Pt. 02

Story Info
Curiosity gets the best of Buck and Anita.
26.7k words
4.77
16.2k
3
0

Part 2 of the 10 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 04/23/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

by Phillip Johnson


Chapter Twenty Five


When Buck and Anita arrived, they shared their usual quick embrace and a glancing kiss on the cheek before Laura said, "You know I think you even look more relaxed."

"I feel relaxed and yet energized."

"And you Mitch, how did you survive Layla's shopping?"

"I actually got into it and had a great time. I like to think I even helped her a little."

"Layla?"

"Yes, he did. He even picked out a couple of things that I bought."

"I think I just felt the earth tremble just a little. Mitch, are you on medication?"

He laughed and said, "Nope. It's part of the new me."

"Uh huh. Okay I'll leave you to your illusions...or delusions, whichever it is."

"Buck, anything to say," Mitch asked.

"What? Oh no, when talk is about shopping I tend to lose focus."

The four of them collected their cups of coffee and went to the living room to continue the visit. "So what did you two do while we were gone," Layla asked.

Buck was tasting his coffee so Anita said, "Not much of anything at all, boring time actually. So I want to hear more about your shopping event. What kind of stores?"

"Oh, your basic antique stores..."

"I mean clothes."

"A couple of small boutiques, for such little shops, they had an impressive inventory, and they were very helpful. You know, offering good suggestions."

"I like those kinds of stores better than the big ones. You find more unique items rather than everybody having the same thing situation."

"I agree, especially those stores."

"So where did you go anyway?"

"We spent a little time just browsing the antique stores as we drove...and we ended up in that little town just as our car broke down."

"Oh no, how bad?"

"Bad enough to strand us for a few days, and in a town we knew nothing about . It was a parts availability issue. So we ate at the two restaurants in town and stayed at the only motel in town. Walked up and down the one street through town and shopped. Oh and met a lot of nice people too."

"Sounds very relaxing...and boring."

"We weren't bored at all. Our room was very nice, and we watched a little TV and...their mayor is called a guide. Isn't that quaint? We met him and actually spent quite some time with him and learned some of the history, and we soon learned how they manage to survive while other small towns are overloaded with abandoned stores."

"Good for them, but I have a hard time imagining your type A personality in that environment."

"I got rid of my type A problem, at least for those days." Mitch was very willing to just listen while the women talked and it appeared that Buck was feeling the same way. In fact, Mitch refilled their cups while the women continued to talk, but he listened closely.

"Mitch, what the hell did you do with yourself," Buck asked.

"Stuck with Layla, I was even permitted to smile and flirt with a few of the local ladies." Buck just smiled and nodded and waited for more information. "Really, that's about it. We enjoyed their seasonal celebration and drank Long Island iced teas as we walked. The weather was warm and clear the whole time we were there, so all we wore the whole time was shorts."

"And skirts," Layla added. I wore that skirt a couple of times."

"Right, and the skirt." He wasn't about to be the first one to even mention that.

"Okay," Buck continued, "Where is this town, and what's the name?"

"Discovery."

"That's the name of the town? Never heard of it."

"They refer to it as a village because of its small size, and we'd never heard of it either. I'd have to write the directions down for you to find it because it's in the middle of nowhere. That's one reason why they work so hard to keep the town healthy. It's about five hours from here the way we went. Of course, there's probably a shorter way, but we weren't interested in speed. When we finally found the town, the car was overheated and almost out of gas so we were very fortunate. Cell phones don't work out there either."

"In the middle of nowhere, just like you said."

"Yep. They don't often see tourists, so they were a little suspicious of us at first. We were outsiders invading their little world and I can understand that. Once they decided we couldn't bite, they warmed right up and adopted us." He liked it better when Layla was leading the parade and he could just sit there.

Anita took over again and Mitch was good with that. "Layla, show me what you bought."

"Oh...um sure come to the bedroom."

"What about me," Buck asked.

As she followed Layla, Anita tossed over her shoulder, "You don't like shopping talk remember, honey."

"Okay," Buck continued, "So what's the real story here?"

"No real story. Layla and I shopped."

"We both know there's more than that. I've never known you to just shop for women's clothes."

"I'm almost ashamed to say this, but I really did stare at and talk to the local ladies. They were so damn friendly, and in some cases, very easy to look at. That helped the shopping thing a lot."

"Mitch, I can't believe you just said that."

"Like I said, I should be ashamed, but I'm not. Oh, it wasn't like I was lusting after all of them, of course," he lied.

"Good to hear."

"The food there is nothing fancy, but it's good and Blanche, the lady that owns the motel is really nice."

"Yeah, and what is a motel doing out in the middle of nowhere?"

"I suspect it was there when the town was doing better, but Blanche is retired now, so it isn't critical that she have a lot of business. She owns and runs it, and she has one gal that helps out sometimes."

"So low overhead and no fears of starving."

"Right. Besides, I'm sure the old place was paid for a long time ago."

"So, no newspaper?"

Mitch laughed and said, "No newspaper, no phones or cell phones or internet. Well, the phones should be back in service in another couple of weeks."

"No internet and no cell service?"

"None. Now there is talk of getting satellite internet service for the village, but that's down the road a ways. There will be land lines for internet, but that would be so slow you'd give up in frustration."

"I'm still trying to draw a mental picture of this..."

"Wide spot in the road."

"That's the picture I'm getting."

"But with much more charm and friendliness. Go up there and check it out. You just might be very surprised by what you find. I'm sure we missed a whole lot, but that means, we'll just have to go back next year."


Chapter Twenty Six


While the men were talking, Anita was sitting on the side of the bed as Layla pulled out the long skirt with the long split. "Oh Layla, that's nice..." and then she saw the split and looked up at her friend. "Oh my, did you try that on?"

"Of course I did."

"But you...your leg...you'll be showing a whole lot of skin."

"It isn't so bad, but it does create quite an effect when I walk."

"Well of course it does. I can't believe you bought it."

"I just liked the fit and the feel of it. I probably won't wear it a lot, but I like having it." Next were the panties.

"Layla, you sinner you, oh my...wow, they are sexy. They really are comfortable?"

"Like a silk glove. Try a pair on, my vacation gift to you. I bought eight pair I like them so much."

Even though they were both women, Anita turned her back before she stripped and slipped the panties on. "Oh yes, they really are nice," and she moved over to the dressing mirror in the corner. She turned left and right slowly as she held her blouse up and studied her form. One hand went down and she caressed her belly and butt as she checked the fit and the look. "Thank you Layla, I really do like them."

"Tell Buck he has to take you to Discovery so you can go shopping."

"I will, but he's going to sputter and complain."

"It's good for him, gives him a chance to please you."

Then the top came out that was designed to be worn without a bra, "Very nice lines and color, good color for you Layla."

"I think so too. I'll tell you a secret but you can't tell Buck."

"Oh really, what?"

"It's designed to be worn without a bra. Very sexy and it makes me feel young and so stylish and cutting edge."

"You'd go out without a bra?"

"Well I haven't yet," she lied. "But I think I'm going to just once to see what it's like."

"I can't believe you girl."

"I know, I can't believe myself either. Okay, I'm going to show you one more thing, but this isn't for wearing in public. This is for teasing Mitch. Turn around while I change."

"Oh this sounds interesting."

A minute later Anita was allowed to turn around and as she stared at Layla she smiled but she said, "Oh my God, you sure couldn't go out in those. It looks like those shorts were sprayed on and they ran out of paint."

"Aren't these sinful? And..." and without turning away she pulled them down and added, "No panties. I don't know why guys like it so much, but no panties seem to get them going.

Anita's eyes got bigger as she looked between Layla's legs for the first time in the three years they had known each other. "Well Mitch sure will be teased."

"He picked them out for me."

Anita smiled and said, "Now isn't that just like a man. I suppose he told you to wear them in public."

"No, but I teased him with that idea."

"You two really did have a good time."

"We were like kids in some ways. Irresponsible and careless and carefree, it was all very cathartic."

"Cathartic or erotic."

"Both," and they giggled like kids.

"It sounds like it. I can almost imagine Buck seeing you right now."

"Oh no, I'd hate to think of what his opinion of me would be."

"Well as long as you don't wear them in public. I mean they cover a lot more than even a modest bikini."

"But I don't even own one of those."

"Let's go show Buck, and while he's staring at you, I'll tell him I want to go to Discovery."

"Okay, if you're sure you don't mind, but let me do one more thing," and she got her tall black high heels out and slipped them on. Again Anita's face lit up.

"Oh Buck will be eating out of my hand now. If you have the nerve let's go, if not, I'll understand of course."

"Let's do it before I lose my courage," one more deception for her friend because she was eager to show Buck and surprise Mitch.

"I'll say one thing Layla, when you shave your legs you have to shave all the way up."

"Well as you saw I do."

Anita's cheeks went pink as she said, "I wasn't going to say anything. How long have you shaved down there?"

"Quite awhile, again it was for Mitch so I keep it that way."

"He's so spoiled. Okay let's go shock the boys. Oh wait, let me go tell Buck and then you come out."

Layla smiled and said, "I'll be listening so don't talk too softly."

Anita went out and went straight to Buck and told him, "Honey I want to go to Discovery to shop."

"Okay."

"What? No argument?"

"Well when, I guess I should ask."

"Well...Layla," and she watched the men as Layla appeared in her tiny tight shorts and high heels. "When would you like to go, Buck," she asked with a smile, but Buck said nothing. "Honey, would you like me to buy a pair of those shorts to wear for you?"

"But not in public right?"

"Now what do you think, of course not."

Looking at Layla, Buck asked, "You really bought those shorts in Discovery?"

"We did."

"Did any of the locals wear them in public?"

"Several of them in fact."

He looked at Mitch and said, "Checking the local scenery, right. You sleaze," but Buck was smiling.

Hey, I didn't lie."

Buck turned to Anita and told her, "Okay honey, how about say, Wednesday we go to Discovery."

The only one that didn't laugh was Buck. He was serious.

"Okay honey, Wednesday morning."

"Oh there is one thing," Mitch said. "When you go you have to pretend that you got there because you were lost and you don't know us."

It was Buck's turn to laugh. "Okay, what did you do to get into trouble?"

"I'll save further comment, but be sure to follow those two rules."

"So we are to be lost and confused travelers."

"And tired of being on the road."

"Should we be writing a script to follow?"

Mitch just smiled and said, "Just have an open mind and enjoy your shopping experience."

"The more you tell us the more curious we are."

"It's a curious kind of place, very unique actually."

"So now it's a curious place too, one more tidbit of information."

"Ready for more coffee everybody," and Layla didn't wait for the answer. She swayed her way to the kitchen and swayed back with the pot and refilled the cups and then swayed her way back to the kitchen. The pot was empty and could have waited, but it was one more chance for Buck and even Anita to check her out.

After Buck and Anita left, Layla said, "It's nice that they can just pick a day and go like that."

"The benefits of being not just the boss, but the owner of Logan Heating and air conditioning."

"Wouldn't it be nice if we had that flexibility?"

Mitch put his arms around her and said, "You are so mean. Poor Buck didn't know what to say or do and he had little success controlling his eyes."

"Just for the record that was Anita's idea, and I questioned her just to be sure. She really wants to go and she was afraid he'd say he couldn't get away or something."

"And now poor Buck has to go shopping with Anita."

"Shopping like they have never experienced it before."

As they drove home Anita teased Buck saying, "Well, didn't you get your eyes full tonight."

"What the hell brought that on?"

"I told Layla to walk out like that. I want to go to Discovery and I thought that sight might inspire you."

"Well it sure worked. Her legs looked a mile long."

"Well some of that were the high heels."

"Oh...she was wearing shoes?" Anita just smiled and looked ahead.


Chapter Twenty Seven


Anita was the picture of efficiency Wednesday morning. Their bag was packed, breakfast made, and she had Buck at the table before nine. "Let me guess Anita, you want to do some shopping today yet."

"Well yes, but we need to just check the place out and see what we can learn first. I mean if this is a sleepy little town in the country, and the women wear clothes like that, there has to be more to discover."

"Your mind never stops working does it?"

"Thoughts just pop into my mind." They were on the road twenty minutes later and going down the unmarked road about four hours later.

Buck saw the sign first, Welcome to Discovery, and smiled at Anita. "Well good or bad, here we are." He drove very slowly as they checked out the stores. Then Anita gasped and said, "Oh my God Buck, that is a porn store."

"It can't be."

"It said Jim's Emporium, adult toy store, so what would you think."

"That's unbelievable." Anita almost missed the first boutique and then she saw the second one and she smiled, just as Layla had described them. They saw Ethel's and Ma's kitchen, Dwayne's, and then the motel.

Both of them went in to get a room and Blanche was there with her ready smile, "Hi folks."

"Hi. We're so lost, but we're tired of riding around and couldn't have been happier when we saw your motel."

"Glad you found us, just one night?"

"I don't know. We're running away from city life for a few days, so it doesn't matter if we stay here, or someplace else, so I guess we'll say two nights and then decide." "Okay then," and she signed them in. Buck watched her slide the credit card through the reader and it occurred to him that wouldn't work unless there was a phone connection. Maybe they got it fixed. They were set up with room three just as Layla and Mitch had been and they were satisfied with the room. After resting a few minutes they went back out and Blanche caught them as they went by and gave them her speech. "Just so you'll know, everybody here is friendly and nice, but they may seem a little aloof at first. Just give them some time because we see so few strangers that it takes awhile."

"We understand," Anita said. "What do you recommend for a late lunch?"

"Ma's kitchen for lunch and Ethel's for dinner." If and when they ever compared detailed notes with Layla and Mitch, they would learn how identical every experience would be, at least in the beginning.

Grace took good care of Buck and Anita and reinforced what Blanche had told them about the people in town and then asked, "What are your plans for the afternoon?"

"Shopping I think," Anita said. "We saw those boutiques as we came into town and I'm curious."

"They have some very nice things and the prices can't be beat considering the fine quality."

"One better than the other one?"

"Nope, all depends on what catches your eye."

They took their time and walked up the street and on past the antique store and it was about then that Buck saw her. "Damn Anita, look at that."

"No, just like Layla said, shorts about like Layla's, but look at that top, there's hardly anything to it."

"I am looking, but I can't believe it. Right out here in public no less." He continued to watch her and then added, "Well at least she's not fat."

"No she certainly isn't fat. Careful Buck, or you'll fall off the curb," and she gave him a crooked smile.

They didn't go much farther when somebody came out of a door and almost ran into them. "I'm so sorry; I should be paying attention to what I'm doing."

"That's okay, no harm done."

"I'm Hank Witherspoon, but call me Hank. I'm the village guide...or mayor in other places."

"Nice to meet you Hank," Buck said and held out his hand.

"Village is so small; it isn't hard to know you're new in town."

"That's right. We got so lost and just happened to find you about the same time we were getting tired of riding around."

"That's about the only way we get guests here. Staying long?"

"Couple of days and then we'll decide what to do."

"I predict you'll come to love our little town and choose to stay. At least I hope that's the case. If you're at Ethel's come dinner time I'll buy you two dinner and we can visit then."

"That would be great and thanks."

"My pleasure, let's say about six thirty then."

"See you then and nice to meet you."

As Hank walked away Anita said, "Well, he certainly wasn't aloof."

"That's quite a greeting for a small village. I'm impressed."

They went into Alice's boutique first, and in minutes Anita was finding things she liked. "Now honey, go slow and wait until you check the other place. We have all the time in the world."

"Okay, you're right. Oh look, there are those shorts. I just have to have a pair of them."

"What for?"

"To wear for you, of course," that put a smile on his face. "You don't wear panties under them." Buck stopped what he was doing and said, "Say that again?"

"No panties under the shorts because of ugly panty lines and shadows."

"You mean to tell me that Layla wasn't wearing panties the other day?"

"That's right." Buck was speechless and she wondered if he was quickly recalling seeing her standing in front of him when she modeled them. As she watched him she knew for sure that she had to have those shorts. "Oh, look honey, here's the top...never mind you weren't in there. She showed me one of these. They really look nice on."

"And here's the top we saw on that woman awhile ago."

"Buck, I have to buy one of those for Layla. She'll love wearing that for Mitch. The store was empty of other customers and it was another minute before a woman came out and said, "Hi, can I help you find anything?"

"We're just looking."

"Take your time and if you need anything at all just call out. I'm Wendy."

"Nice to meet you, Wendy," Buck said with a smile. As soon as they were alone again Anita said, "Shame on you."

"What did I do?"

"You were ogling Wendy."

"Okay guilty, but you get to shop so I need something to do."

123456...8