It's All About Timing Ch. 02

Story Info
Sandy and Richard try to get back to normal at work.
4.8k words
4.36
15.8k
2

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 01/22/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Just a short thanks to those who enjoyed Chapter 1. Sorry it took so long to get Chapter 2 to you all. Keep the kind words coming; it keeps me motivated!

To most New Yorkers that morning, the bitter cold promised more misery for commuters as well as a general malaise caused by wet clothes and runny noses. To Sandy, New York on February 15th looked as beautiful as an innocent child's smile. She strolled down Fifth Avenue, oblivious to the snowflakes that gathered on her shoulders and frosted her eyelashes. She didn't even feel the weight of the shopping bags full of overpriced designer clothes. Sandy was still high from her passionate lovemaking session with Richard the night before. Her immediate goal was to hit the Louis Vuitton store, then a quick stop at Tiffany's. She promised Richard earlier this morning before he left for the airport that she'd be home late tomorrow. Shopping in New York, especially with the almost guarantee of her promotion, was something she was not going to let pass by.

Richard. At this moment he was probably in the limo on the way to the office. He had taken the first flight back in anticipation of the phone call from the client to inform him of the meeting's outcome. Sandy knew they had aced it and the account would be theirs; it better be, since she'd spent almost a month's salary on clothes and shoes and soon the cutest pair of diamond drop earrings wrapped up in a famous light blue box tied with white ribbon.

What a night, Sandy reminisced: Richard's kisses in the shower, his expert lovemaking, his ability to make her come over and over, and the way he kept his arms wrapped tight around her all night long. Not to mention the latest round just a few short hours ago, she giggled to herself.

Even though shopping was the top priority for staying in New York, Sandy really didn't want to go back to the west coast just yet. Going back meant she would have to deal with reality once again; the reality that was Eric and Jessica. Even having to face Richard without knowing what the future held was a question mark. But for the next few hours, she was determined to enjoy her fantasy dream existence, even planning to relive it when she got back to the hotel during a long shower before dinner.

*** *** ***

On the plane, Richard ordered another scotch. What have I done? I've just opened a huge can of trouble, he thought. He let his libido get the better of him, and even though he had wanted to fuck Sandy for so many years, and damn was it worth it, it was now time to decide what to do. He was married and she was married. They worked together. Damn! Could it get any more complicated than this? And I even promised her a promotion if we get the account, Richard mumbled to himself. The elderly woman in the seat next to him kept glancing over, somewhat concerned by his behavior and his free-flowing drinking at 10 in the morning. But Richard couldn't help it. He knew he'd be smashed by the time he got home; luckily the car service would be there and he wouldn't have to drive. He also knew he'd have to face Jessica at home. Home. Home, home, home, he repeated. Damn! Damn! Damn!

By the fifth scotch and the sixth damn, Richard had passed out against the window. It did not escape the attention of his seatmate that his hand was on his crotch, suggestively resting there, as if he might grab his cock and pull it out. Thank goodness he was asleep she thought, because she sure didn't want to see that!

*** *** ***

Back in the hotel room, Sandy laid out all her purchases and admired them before repacking them in her suitcase. She couldn't wait to wear her new Chanel suit to the office. Richard appreciated how professionally she dressed, and with the Versace see-through lace camisole discreetly hidden underneath the pink tweed, she could guarantee he'd like this outfit quite well. Although she was exhausted from the night before, she lingered in the shower, playing with herself while fantasizing about the evening before, remembering the feeling of Richard's tongue inside her, heating her inner core and causing a rush that stung her nipples and brought her to orgasm once again just on the power of the memory. Afterward, Sandy ate the salad room service had delivered and climbed into bed. She was still horny even after the shower session from thinking about Richard and all the sex the night before, so she watched a porn movie. This one was all girls, which was something Sandy had never tried, but it always got her hot watching girls licking other girls' pussies. This one was about a sorority initiation, and there was so much cunt eating and vibrators going, Sandy fingered herself and had three more orgasms before turning off the movie and passing out.

*** *** ***

The bounce of the plane landing woke Richard, who saw that his hand was on his crotch and immediately straightened up. He had a bit of a hangover, but it beat being flat-out smashed, which, if he hadn't passed out, was a guaranteed outcome.

He wasn't in the office more than 15 minutes when the phone call came in about their New York meeting. He hung up the phone and contemplated calling Sandy to tell her they got the job and she got her promotion, but he decided to wait instead. He'd done nothing but think of Sandy all day long, and he had to push her to the back of his mind right now so he could regain some composure and deal with the real world. And the first thing in the real world was to call Jessica.

"Hi hon," Richard said when Jess had picked up the phone. "Guess what! We got the account, and now a surprise: I'm taking you to Maui on Saturday for two weeks!" Jessica's scream was so loud Richard had to hold the phone away from his ear. After a few more minutes chatting with his wife, Richard disconnected, then called his travel agent to book the trip. He knew after the vacation he'd be swamped with work on this project, and wouldn't be spending a lot of time with Jess. She understood how many hours he had to put in, and was a good sport about it. This vacation, and time away from Sandy, just might be what he needed to put everything into perspective. He guilt was heavy on his mind, yet he was amazed at how breezy he sounded on the phone, even though his heart was pounding during the conversation.

Richard left the office after checking his mail and clearing his calendar for the next few weeks. At home, once again he was surprised at how well he hid his feelings in front of Jessica. As far as she knew, nothing had changed; nothing seemed different. He even made love to her that night, but she just didn't have the enthusiasm that Sandy did between the sheets. Jessica gave him a blow job, but all Richard could do was think about Sandy sucking on his cock and how she had expertly used her tongue to give him a mind-blowing orgasm. He came back to reality when he felt Jessica jump off the bed to run to the bathroom to spit out his cum. Jessica never swallowed. Sandy swallowed his juice and lapped up any leftover like it was champagne. What a difference between the two women. Richard's last thought before drifting to sleep was that he still had a lot of serious considerations to think about.

*** *** ***

The next morning, when Sandy was in the cab heading for the airport, Richard called. "We got the client, Sandy," said Richard grinning.

"I never doubted it," sighed Sandy. "You were brilliant."

"It was a combined effort, but now that we have it, we've got a lot of work to do. Our first face-to-face with them is in two months, and I'll need you to get started on the project immediately. I know you'll be back here this afternoon, so I'll need to see something on my desk tomorrow morning before I leave for Hawaii on Saturday."

"Hawaii?" questioned Sandy. "You're going to Hawaii? With Jessica?" Sandy heard her own labored breathing and tried her best to control the speed, although the blood in her veins was pulsing rapidly.

"I told you I'd be taking some time off before we knuckled down, Sandy, " responded Richard definitively, after hearing her voice change.

"I know you did," Sandy said trying to sound apologetic, "but I didn't realize it would be so soon."

"Well, now that you're a vice president, you'll need to step up the commitment even more. I know you can handle it, Sandy."

"And I can, Richard. I'll work on the plane and at home later. I'll see you at 9 a.m. tomorrow so we can go over the ideas before you leave."

"I'm giving the office a half day tomorrow as thanks for all the work they put in as well. I'd like to be out of here no later than 2 p.m. I'm letting the rest go at lunchtime, so don't be late. I'm really looking forward to your ideas," Richard said as he hung up.

And Sandy did work, and worked hard. She sketched three completely different treatments; each one she felt was better than the next. The five-hour flight was extremely productive. So much so that when she got home, all she had to do was pull together a collection of fabric samples to show Richard tomorrow. Eric was out, and didn't get home until after she had eaten dinner. He gave Sandy a quick peck on the cheek and went back to work at the computer. She felt good about her day, about her promotion, and especially about seeing Richard tomorrow. By the time she went to bed, she was too exhausted to do anything but pass out.

Friday morning, Sandy was in the office even before Richard. Dressed in her new suit, more than one associate complimented her as she purposely strolled up and down the corridor pretending to go after files or check on projects. No one congratulated her, so she guessed Richard hadn't said anything about the promotion yet. But it was still good since she garnered so many flattering remarks. She knew Richard wouldn't be able to hide his appreciation as well.

When Richard arrived, Sandy waited for him to call her into his office. The last thing she wanted to seem was over eager, and it was important to maintain the same level of professionalism and distance in the office as they had before the affair over Valentine's Day. It was torture waiting for Richard to call, and while she waited, she went over the layouts she was going to present to him. Earlier that morning, she had spent a solid hour in the fabric storeroom choosing just the right materials in the perfect colors for the project. The fabric room was actually one of Sandy's favorite places in the office. It was large, and stocked with everything from real fur to gravel samples. One section alone had bolts of velour, leather, suede, rabbit, and other soft materials that could be pulled over a large table top so designers could see—and cut—big swatches to determine what they'd like to use on different projects.

Sandy waited in her office for Richard's call, glancing at the clock every 15 minutes. It was half past 10 now, and he had yet to call her, even though he'd been here over an hour. Sandy was miffed, but wasn't going to give in and see him. She'd wait as long as it took.

By 11 am, she was furious. What the hell was he doing in there? He said he wanted to see the sketches first thing, and it was almost time to let the staff go home. Sandy had reached her limit. She grabbed her sketches and marched down to Richard's office. She didn't knock, and when she opened the door, found him working on a budget, something Sandy knew he could have put off until later.

"I've been in my office for two hours waiting for you to call me," Sandy huffed. "I thought you said you wanted to see my ideas first thing."

Richard glanced up, amazed that it took Sandy this long to come see him. He knew she was going to be angry, but he really wanted to avoid dealing with their situation until after he had gone on vacation and had a chance to sort things out. But he thought Sandy would have burst in first thing and he could have gotten it over sooner. And the longer he waited, the more he dreaded it, as if he just ignored the situation, Sandy would have never come in. He was amazed by how easily his lust and love for her had turned him into such a mess so quickly. When he saw Sandy standing there in this stunning light pink and cream woven suit with the sheer top and pointy pumps, for once he was glad he had a big desk with a high top. His penis sprang to attention and almost popped a hole through his suit pants. Wouldn't it be fun explaining that to his wife, Richard grinned.

"You're laughing at me," Sandy narrowed her eyes, quickly growing furious at Richard's amusement to her confrontation.

"No, Sandy," Richard panicked, "that's not true." Richard was aware Sandy was now defiantly leaning on his desk, unaware of how her cleavage was taunting him, daring him to shove his face inside her blouse and bury himself between her soft, oversized breasts. But he couldn't stand up. His hard on was an iron pole, and if Sandy saw it, they'd be in trouble, big trouble, because Richard knew neither had enough strength to stay in control, and they'd be tearing off each other's clothes in front of his employees.

"Please calm down, Sandy," admonished Richard. "I apologize for not calling sooner, but I had to get this budget done before I left. By the way, that suit is stunning." Richard knew a compliment would soften up Sandy, and he was right. Sandy sat down across the desk, and set the layouts on top so Richard could review them.

Richard took the layouts and gave them a quick once over. They were good, but for this client, not good enough. He was almost afraid to tell Sandy, thinking that she would take it more personally than professionally. But he had to do what was best for the company; this client was way too important, regardless of how much he cared about her.

"I think you have the basic idea, but these columns will never work, and the choice of materials is all wrong on this first one," Richard pointed out briefly. "On the second, I don't see them in this period approach. They're more geared toward a contemporary feel, so this isn't good, either," he continued. "And this one," Richard reached for the final board, the one Sandy felt was some of the best work she had ever done, "I'm just not crazy about the color scheme." What else do you have?"

"What else?" Sandy was standing again, this time her voice was a little louder, her face a little redder, and her nostrils flaring slightly. "I worked like crazy on these! This one here," she pointed to the sketch that Richard just dismissed discourteously, "this is the best thing I've ever done! How can you say you don't like it?"

"Because I don't," Richard retorted, standing up now, since his anger quickly diminished the hard on. "I know you're capable of better work than this, and now that you're a vice president, you need to step up to the plate. Do something different, more creative. This is the biggest and most important client this firm has ever had, and I'm not going to lose them by showing them these mediocre sketches."

"Excuse me?" Sandy was steaming, her voice gaining enough volume to make those passing by slow down enough to eavesdrop. "As a vice president, I feel I have the right to propose these to the client and let them decide. Besides, what have you developed so far?" Sandy practically screamed at him.

"Calm down," Richard said softly because he knew the walls had ears, and his door was still open, but he was just as furious at Sandy for making such a big deal about this. "You need to go back and give me better work than this, and that's an executive order," he hissed in a low but indomitable tone.

"Tell you what," replied Sandy, her voice growing louder and angrier with each word, "Why don'tyoucome up with your own damn ideas while you're relaxing on the beach. I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to show me your vision of what this client wants since you seem to believe I have no idea!" The last words were more yelled than spoken; then Sandy turned around and stormed out, with the eyes of the entire staff watching her ass stomp back to her office.

"Damn," Richard shouted to himself, and glared at the eyes that were looking at him from the hallway. He got up, went to his door, and slammed it shut, which was an obvious clue for everyone to get back to work. Since there was only an hour left before everyone went home for the half-day vacation Richard had promised, he knew he could hide out until the office was empty. His only hope was that Sandy felt like leaving as well so he wouldn't have to face her either. He knew this might happen; their feelings for each other were getting tangled up with work, and this was the last thing he wanted. As he leaned his chair back, he clasped his hands behind his head and closed his eyes. Was it worth it what he did? He thought about her hungrily devouring his cock, teasing, licking, sucking him until he blew his wad in her mouth. And he shivered as he remembered pumping his dick in and out of her slick pussy, how wet it was, how hot it felt on his cock.

"Shit," Richard sighed, as he opened his eyes and pushed his chair back from his desk. She was the best he had ever had; how the hell was he going to be able to give that up?

A little past noon, Richard felt brave enough to open his door and explore the office. Sure enough, everyone was gone. He even dared a peek into Sandy's, and wasn't sure if he was relieved or disappointed she wasn't there. As he moved around the hallways, he heard sounds coming from the fabrics room. He glanced inside and saw Sandy, jacket off, shoes off, on her hands and knees digging through piles of material looking for something.

He thought about surprising her from behind and taking her hard and fast, but knew she was too angry to let that happen. Instead, he quietly moved to her front to see what she was doing.

When Sandy looked up and saw Richard, she felt like punching him in the face. First because he hated her ideas, and second because he made her lose her temper in front of everyone else. A vice president isn't supposed to do that, and she felt humiliated and embarrassed. But she was never one to quit. If Richard wanted her to stretch and come up with better ideas, then dammit she was going to do it, to prove to him that she deserved the promotion, and she has more than what it takes to be successful in this business, with him or without him. She glowered at Richard, and continued to rummage through the samples looking for that piece of fake fur she wanted. It had a specific pattern that she remembered and needed to copy it for her next layout.

Richard saw the glare and quickly realized he'd better apologize, because he didn't want to go away for two weeks and let her anger fester. He really did believe she was amazingly talented, and realized he once again had let his emotions take over instead of remaining calm. She just set him on fire in every way, and he was so full of emotion when she was around, his brain misfired to the point of distraction.

"I'm sorry, Sandy," Richard said calmly. "I think some of those ideas were workable with a few tweaks. I know what you're capable of, and I know you can do better. C'mon, isn't that the sign of a good boss? To be able to push his employees to shine?" He flashed one of his signature smiles that he knew she loved.

Sandy ignored him, knowing that if she looked up and saw his face, she'd melt and surrender, and she was still too angry to do so. But she did feel like torturing him, so she shrugged her shoulders, and then hiked up her skirt just a bit too much, as she reached forward and spread her legs just a bit, reaching farther so he could have a view of her slit, shining in all its glory since she had gone pantiless today.

Richard's jaw dropped, since he didn't know if Sandy was teasing him on purpose or if she was just too wrapped up in her searching to notice she was exposing herself to him. Once again, Mr. Woody sprang to attention like the good soldier he was. If he was called to action, by gum he was going in prepped and ready.

12