Its Eyes Are for the Stars

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Leaning forward, he kissed her lightly on her lips then pulled back to tsk her. "Not until you tell me why you thought that, Aara Belle."

Her struggling ceased. "Fine, but only because I need to go on my run."

"You don't need to run," he responded.

"No, I don't, but it helps clear my head. Plus there's this part of me that relishes in the feel of a long run. It must be the wolf in me."

He looked up as if pondering what she just said. "Makes sense. Now, back to the topic at hand. Explain."

Sighing once more, she opened her mouth as if beginning to speak but closed it once more. "Okay... I didn't really believe you hated me, your actions tell me as much. It's just that... Alex..." she paused.

"What about my brother?" his curiosity was now piqued.

"You don't see it?" she asked.

He was confused now. "I don't see what?"

"He can't even look at her anymore. He spends all of his time away from her and during the occasional moments that he looks in her direction, it's with blame, distrust, sometimes hatred. It's killing her, Aaron." This was the most emotion he had ever seen from her.

Santana. She was talking about Santana and Alex. He had noticed the tension between the two over the last couple of months, but nothing more. He would admit that most of his attention had been on his own grief and his slow-to-warm mate. But now that she mentioned it, this was not the same brother who had nearly slaughtered him for threatening his mate.

"And if he hates her after the sort of love they have and their bonding, I can only imagine what you must think of me."

He thought for a moment before he spoke. "Alex is the youngest. He has yet to live a lifetime and experience death the way I and our older siblings have. He's more sensitive to the world. I miss Aislyn with nearly everything that I am, but he and she were the closest out of us seven. She doted on him and was probably more like a second mother. "

"That's still no excuse for how he's treating my sister. She doesn't deserve that. If he should hate anyone, let him hate me," she said with finality. She moved to leave his embrace once more. He shook with head no and she pouted prettily, ceasing her movement.

"Hating you would hurt me. That's probably how he sees it right now. He's not thinking straight. This haze of grief will end soon and when it does, he'll feel like a jackass for pushing Santana away," he said right before leaning down and crushing his lips to hers. Her lips were so full and soft and he couldn't help sucking on the bottom one before pulling away. She moaned her disappointment as he ended the kiss.

"You're so hot when you're compassionate and concerned." He was staring down at her, enjoying the light pink flush of her cheeks.

"Don't get used to it."

"Can I join you on your run?" he asked, gesturing to his workout clothes.

She pretended to think it over as she backed out of his arms. "Just try and keep up this time," she called over her shoulder as she took off.

12