It's Just a Business Transaction Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mythrana
Mythrana
35 Followers

"NO! YOU PROMISE ME SHE'LL BE ALRIGHT! GIVE ME BACK MY WIFE!" Alex screamed at Ian while his hands had gone to his friend's throat.

The other doctors and nurses hurriedly pulled Alex off a choking Ian. "Alex!" Ian wheezed between words. "It's all...all...up to...her. If she comes...comes out of her...coma she will be...fine."

Eventually when he had calmed down he knew his friend was right. It was really up to Aida now. So for the past eight days and seven nights he had stayed by her bedside and had kept talking to her.

Now as he looked at Aida, he felt his tears welling up again and he gave a silent pray of thanks once more.

"Go to sleep sweetheart. I promise I'll be here when you wake up next," he kissed her hand gently.

Aida gave a smile and a nod and fell into a peaceful slumber.

The next time she woke up, Alex was sleeping soundly with his head on her bed. She looked at him lovingly. How vulnerable he looked in his sleep. She thought.

She lifted her hand and gently stroked his hair. Alex immediately woke up from his sleep.

"Hi sweetheart, sorry I fell asleep. Hope you didn't mind I share your bed," said Alex, his old quirky charm back a little.

"How are you feeling?" Alex asked while pressing kisses on her fingers.

"Better but still tired," she replied softly. The oxygen mask was still around her nose and mouth. "Alex, I am sorry I lost the baby."

Alex looked at her for a moment. She knew but how? Of course she knew. She is a woman and women were sensitive creatures unlike men. Anyway it did not matter. As long as Aida was willing to continue to be his wife and to love him again they would have more babies. But he could not help it, a surge of anger rush forth to the surface. It was because of Sonja that they lost their baby. He wished he could witness her dying all over again.

Even though Aida was still weak just after regaining consciousness, she could sense his emotion. Was he angry with her for losing their baby? She could not help but to blame herself for the loss of the baby. If she hadn't acted recklessly and ran off she might not have gotten kidnapped, might not get shot at and might not have lost the baby.

"Let's not talk about it," said Alex, avoiding her eyes. He felt angry with himself too.

"Wh...why did you save me that night?" Alex asked her hesitantly. He was hoping to hear that three little words from her again. Hoping she would say she had did it out of love for him.

"I don't know...it seemed to be the right thing to do at that time. Your grandpa would be very sad if anything would happen to you. How is he anyway?" Aida whispered softly.

Alex felt his heart would break into pieces when she did not tell him what he had hoped to hear. Had she fallen out of love with him so soon? Had she changed her mind after that night?

"He is fine. He came by this morning to see you," said Alex.

"Alex, I am tired. You don't mind if I go back to sleep?" said Aida tiredly.

"Of course not sweetheart. Go ahead and sleep," He got up and kissed her forehead.

_________

Over the next two months her health had improved tremendously. The gunshot wound on the surface had healed up nicely but the tissues beneath her skin were still raw and needed a longer time to heal. The cigarette burnt marks were slowly fading off too. But she still needed to wear a splint for the next four weeks or so as her lower scapula were shattered when the bullet had penetrated it. Ian had told her another two more weeks stay in the hospital and she could go home and Nicole had assured her, she was ready to conceive again as there was no complication to her miscarriage.

Alex was almost by her side 24/7. Although Alex was very attentive to her, somehow she felt there was a changed in him. He had treated her politely; so polite it was as though he had only known her recently. He didn't touch her like he used to do before the shooting or kiss her like the way he used to. Was he feeling disappointed or angry because she had lost their baby? So did he really meant those words he said when that night she had regained consciousness or was it said out of guilt? So what would happen to him and her now? And then she remembered Greg and those that have died? She would ask Alex when he came by later.

____________

"How are you today?" Alex asked politely and bent forward to kiss her cheek lightly.

He had brought her flowers today; in fact he had been bringing her fresh flowers every day.

"I am feeling much better, thank you," Aida replied with equal politeness.

"Is there something you want to ask me?" said Alex as he noticed she was looking at him intently.

"I...I just want to know what...what's going to happen to Greg," said Aida hesitantly not sure if Alex was still angry with Greg or not.

Alex didn't answer her immediately but had arranged the flowers in a vase and set it next to her bed. Then he went to sit next to her. He didn't look angry. Aida thought with relief.

"He will be charged in court soon," and added quickly, "But I'm doing all I can for him. I've got Dilbert to represent him."

Aida looked at him with tears hovering on her lower lids, "It was my fault. I should've called you that day to let you know and might've prevented him from going to your oil refinery but I was too distraught with my emotions that I couldn't think..."

"Don't blame yourself, it wasn't your fault," said Alex.

"And how is Wendy? Is she alright? She hasn't been to see me..."

"She is fine. Just that she felt bad with what Greg has..."

Aida nodded her head in understanding. "So what's going to happen now? Did the disc..."

"No, the disc has already been destroyed. I hope it will be the last one. Since you are feeling better now, I'll tell you everything about that night after you...you got shot," said Alex.

He told her Detective Hudson had dropped by later that night to pass the disc to him. He felt it was not necessary for the world to know what Alex's late father was really like. Children should not be punished for the sins their father had committed. Of course with three dead bodies it would be hard to keep it from the media. The very next day the Jefferson's rivals had caught wind of the incident and had wasted no time in digging into it hopefully to bring the Jefferson down. His grandfather had secretly sought the help of the President, whose own father, was also a President back in the early 90's and who had benefited greatly from the Jeffersons' support. The truth about his late father was covered up again.

The public received partial truth of the story only. Roderick and Sonja's pictures made headlines the first week after the shooting naming both of them as the mastermind of the kidnapping of Mrs. Jefferson. Sonja was being portrayed as the spurned lover while Roderick was the black sheep of the Jeffersons' family; a forgotten disgruntled second son of the late William Jr. and together had teamed up to seek revenge against the Jeffersons. As for Greg and Rupert, Sonja and Roderick were manipulating both of them with the promises of riches. There was no mention of Greg's involvement with Rupert physically.

"What about Emily? Emily was Rupert's wife. And Marie? Surely..." said Aida.

"She still didn't know it was Greg that was having a relationship with Rupert. But she was devastated when being told about Rupert's death. And she won't talk to the press about her husband's role in the kidnapping, as she really didn't know anything about it. Of course the media hounded her just the same but I had arranged for them to hide away for a while in one of my mansions where they would be safe. As for Marie...she never got over Roderick's death. I've arrange for her to be taken care of in one of the mental institution," explained Alex.

"Then there was no mention about Sonja's real identity?" said Aida.

"No, it's for the best. Besides, my family owed her that much. I know what you're thinking, sweetheart. I know you think we are distorting the truth but we really can't afford to let the public know the truth about my family. It won't be just my family's name that will be involved. Those who had helped my grandpa to cover up years ago would be involved too and some of those who had helped us back then still held very high positions in the White House and alive and..." Alex tried explaining to Aida.

"I do understand Alex," said Aida sympathetically. "But with your power can't you let Greg go?"

Alex felt his heart gave a painful lurch. Even now, knowing that Aida and Greg were never together he still felt jealous. He was jealous that Greg had a good friend in Aida who cared so much for his well-being.

Aida caught Alex stiffened up slightly when she mentioned about letting Greg off.

"Even though Greg was very much a victim himself in this case because his sister was being held hostage, nevertheless he will still be charge for obstructing justice and for withholding information. He will most likely get the maximum three years jail sentence with parole," explained Alex.

"His future would be ruin with a criminal record," said Aida sadly.

"Is he really that important to you?" Alex blurted out before he realized it. The words sounded a bit harsh and accusing.

"He is still my friend. He was just an innocent bystander. Why do you hate him so?" said Aida agitatedly.

"No! I don't hate him! I'm sorry Aida. It's just that...ok! I feel jealous. I hate myself for feeling such...such...when you...when I..." Alex felt extremely frustrated and angry with himself.

"Jealous of Greg? Why?" Aida asked.

Alex looked at Aida, and then took a deep breath and looked her in the eyes.

"I love you Aida!" There, he finally said it. He had wanted to say those words to her ever since she had regained consciousness but had yet to build up enough courage to say it out loud to her.

"I know," said Aida simply.

"You know? But I didn't..."

"That night after I came out of my brief coma. I heard everything. Thank you," said Aida.

That was it? Thank you? What else was he expecting her to say to him? To profess her undying love to him when he had acted like an animal and a jerk to her that morning where he had drove her from the house? Not to mention it was because of him that she got shot in the first place and it was because of him that she had lost their baby.

"Aida, I've something to discuss with you if...if you are up to it and if you are not that tired?" Alex said hopefully. No, he couldn't let her go without a good fight. He had to try to gain back her trust and he knew just what to do.

"What is it that you want to discuss with me?" Aida's heart skipped a beat, when he mentioned the word 'discuss' he sounded so business-like. She hoped he was not going to ask her to sign another of his bloody contract. And if he was really going to do that no matter how much he said he love her, she would leave him. She couldn't stand looking at another contract for the rest of her life.

"Give me ten minutes. I'll be back," Alex said a little excitedly.

He ran out the door then ran back in, gave her a quick peck before running out again. He startled his bodyguards and the nurses around when he dashed out so quickly.

Ten minutes later he was back, a little breathless. Aida almost screamed at him. In his hand was that oh-so familiar file! Another one of his bloody contract! Her face had taken on a very angry look. Alex saw her expression changed and knew he had to explain fast before she burst out at him and hurt herself again.

"No, no sweetheart. It's not what you think! See? This is our old contract. I meant to tear it off. See?" Alex quickly opened up the file and pull out the papers. Then he tore it in half, in quarter, in one-eighth before throwing them into the wastebasket.

"You...you are voiding our...our contract?" Aida asked, astounded with his behaviour. Not only he had confessed his love to her and now he even had their contract destroyed! She felt her heart singing with happiness. Tears were leaking out of her eyes now. She was so choked with emotions she could hardly speak.

Alex was confused with Aida sudden crying. Why was she crying when he had destroyed their contract? He went to her and held her gently. She did not pull back but had clutched to him, crying even harder.

"I am sorry sweetheart, what...what did I do wrong? Please tell me. Don't cry," he coaxed her feeling totally perplexed now.

"Thank you, Alex. You don't know how...how I hated that bloody...bloody contract!" she was crying her heart out now.

He let her cry while gently rocking her. After a while, "So what will happen to us now?" Alex asked hopefully.

"What do you think will happen to us?" Aida asked him back. She was still clutching to him resting her cheek against his chest, feeling safe and warm in his arms.

"Well...even though the contract is null and void now but we are still legally married...but...but if you want a divorce right now, you can always serve me with the papers immediately if you can no longer stand looking at my face for another munite..." he hated to say the word 'divorce' but he had to give her a choice. She was entitled to her own decision after what he had put her through. As much as he wanted to keep the marriage but he knew he should not impose on her.

"Who says anything about wanting a divorce?" Aida pushed away from him to look into his face. She cupped his face in her hands, her eyes shining with love, "I love you Alexander William Jefferson!"

Alex couldn't believe his ears. She loved him still! She loved him! If she didn't have the bandages and the splint on her, he would have crushed her to him and kissed her soundly.

"Thank you sweetheart," he cried happily and leant forward to kiss her lingeringly. Their first lips to lips kiss after so many weeks, "I never thought I would hear those words from you again."

"When did I ever tell you I love you before? This is my first time," she said blushing a bright red.

Alex smiled and kissed her again before replying.

"That very first night on my bed after we had made love so passionately," said Alex unabashedly.

"No, I didn't!" she cried petulantly.

"Oh yes you did! I wanted to ask you if you truly meant it but you were already snoring away. But it doesn't matter; I mean not that I mind. I am so happy! Can you tell me again?" Alex whispered against her lips.

NO! You first!" Aida cried, pouting her lips.

"I love you Mrs. Aida Jefferson! I love you very much!" said Alex, his heart soaring with happiness.

"And I love you too Alex. Not because you were rich, or because you were handsome but because I love you!" Aida whispered softly back.

"You mean I am losing my good looks?" said Alex pretending to be hurt.

"Well...even if you were fifty, old and wrinkle, I will still love you," whispered Aida, kissing him back.

They sat on her bed hugging each other for a long time basking in their love.

"Alex, were you angry that I lost the baby? I don't mean to," said Aida sadly.

She felt very sad about losing the baby even though it was only a seven and a half weeks old foetus but she had felt a very close bonding with it already.

"How could you say that, sweetheart? I was never angry with you for losing the baby. It was because of me that you lost the baby. I am solely to be blame for this," Alex assured her. "We could always try again sweetheart. I am still very virile. I could show you if you let me. We don't have to do any moves that are strenuous," said Alex lasciviously trying to make light of the situation.

"Alex! You are incorrigible!" Aida blushed profusely.

"I love you sweetheart," said Alex and bent forward to kiss her again.

Aida murmured back before surrendering to the sweet assault of his lips.

"Ahem! Anyone has any love left for an old man?" cried William Sr. by the door.

Both were taken aback at William Sr. sudden intrusion and Aida tried to pull away from Alex but he held on to her.

"I'm so glad you both have finally kiss and make up. I think a wedding would be most appropriate now," said William Sr.

"Wedding? But we're already married," said Aida feeling the blood rush to face again.

"I think grandpa is right. We never actually had a wedding ceremony just a solemnization. So what do you say Mrs. Jefferson?" Alex asked.

"But won't it be odd? A wedding ceremony..."

"I want to see you in a real wedding gown and I want to see you walking down the aisle..."

"Ahem! Excuse me. Am I an invisible being? Can I get a little respect?" William Sr. chided.

"Sorry grandpa," grinned Alex before turning back to kiss Aida again much to the chagrin of his grandfather.

"Bah! Love-struck fools!" William Sr. pretended to grumble and walked off with a smile on his wrinkled face.

______________

Two and a half months later on a beautiful sunny morning, Aida, dressed in a gorgeous strapless pure white Italian satin & lace gown; with soft pleats at the back; hand embroidery on the sweetheart neckline and a long train, walked down the aisle to a waiting beaming Alex. There were four bridesmaids and Wendy was one of them.

A week before the wedding, Alex had used his connection to get Greg out of the low medium security prison for a few hours to attend their wedding, much to the delight of his sister and Aida before he was escorted back to his cell. Alex had made sure that Greg was to be treated well while he served out his sentence. Although Greg was grateful to Alex for saving his sister, nevertheless the two men still treated one another coolly.

There were close to five hundred guests that attended the much talk about wedding of the year. Among the guests was the newly appointed Police Commander, the former Detective Hudson. After the traditional vows were exchanged, the bride and groom and the guests were driven back to the Jefferson Estate. The celebration had begun. Rows and rows of beautifully decorated buffet tables were piled full with exquisite and delicious cuisines prepared by well-known chefs. Smart looking waiters in black tuxedos with gold trimming on their lapels were busy moving around serving expensive wines and champagnes. The celebration went on through out the day till sunset.

Alex and Aida were so busy mingling with the guests that they could hardly find a private moment to really seal their union apart from the kiss they had shared in the church. Finally it was time for the bride and groom to dance their first dance. Alex expertly waltzed his radiant bride to the lovely music until the guests started to join them. Very quietly, Alex waltzed Aida to a secluded spot far away from the guests, where he had proceeded to kiss her until she was breathless. It took all his will power not to ravish her right there.

"Thank you sweetheart for accepting me for my faults and flaws. Thank you for making me realized love is not a business proposal or a mere contract. And most importantly, thank you for loving me again," said Alex, looking passionately at Aida.

"Hmm...are you trying to bore me with your speeches Mr. Jefferson?" Aida teased.

"I mean every word I say, sweetheart," said Alex earnestly.

"I just want to hear those three words from you, Mr. Jefferson. Think you can do that for me without the flowery phrase?" cooed Aida.

"I love you Mrs. Jefferson," said Alex with much passion.

"Tell me again," said Aida.

"I love you Mrs. Jefferson," and Alex said it again loving the sound of it.

"I love you too Mr. Jefferson," said Aida bursting to the brim with happiness eyes shining with tears. "There was something I wanted to tell you yesterday, but you were so busy..."

"What is it sweetheart, tell me?" said Alex while nuzzling her ear making her squirmed.

"Well, I think I am pregnant again," said Aida smiling up and him.

Alex looked so surprise that he was speechless for a few seconds, "Since when? Are you sure sweetheart?"

Mythrana
Mythrana
35 Followers