It's Not Easy to Be a Love Goddess Ch. 10

Story Info
Her grandson likes men too.
1k words
3.7
9.6k
1
0

Part 10 of the 13 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 07/07/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Cheleste
Cheleste
76 Followers

Reina graduated from college the same spring Paul graduated from high school. I hadn't seen any need for Reina to go to college, since she already had her life's work in front of her; but she really wanted to continue her education.

And besides, as she told me, "All those college guys are so hot, Grandma."

Well, I couldn't argue with her there, and it made Angela so proud to tell her friends that Reina had earned a degree in languages and literature.

Paul got accepted at a university across the country. He needed to get away from home and have the chance to find himself without all his family and old friends breathing down his neck.

The summer after his second year, he returned home and got a waiting job in a local restaurant. Paul was still a sweet guy, and his patrician features and wavy blond hair only enhanced his charm as a waiter.

I was downtown one day, having a late afternoon lunch with a prospective client, when I caught a glimpse of Paul out the window of the little bistro where I sat. He was dressed in a white shirt and tie, which told me he had probably just gotten off the lunch shift where he worked down the street. He had his arm around a young man with dark hair, wearing jeans and a muscle shirt. The young man was well built, and filled his muscle shirt out very nicely.

The two of them passed my restaurant and proceeded up the street, without realizing I was there.

My heart leapt for joy! It appeared that Paul had opened up to his truth; at least to the extent that he was dating men, now, and not women. What an awkward farce it had been, the few times he had dated girls in high school. I was relieved to see this new development.

The next time he came by my house, I said, "I had a late lunch with a client downtown last week, and I saw you coming out of work. Who was that handsome young man who was with you?"

Paul grinned a little self-consciously.

"His name is Ted."

"So, you two are enjoying one another's company, are you?" I asked coyly.

"Yes, we are," he nodded and grinned again.

Then his smile faded. "Please don't tell Mom and Pop."

I put my finger to my mouth. "My lips are sealed."

"But I'm so happy for you!" I exclaimed, grabbing him and giving him a squeeze.

"Thanks, Grandma," he said.

I knew those two words represented a lot of unspoken ones about my support of him over the years.

"No problem," I returned.

* * * * * * * * *

The following summer, he came to me with a problem. He was discouraged, he said, because all his relationships with men were turning out to be so short lived. None of them seemed to last very long.

"Grandma, it's like these guys come to me—they're so hot to do the horizontal mamba—and once we've done it, they just discard me. It's like, they've gotten what they wanted, and they go on their merry way."

"How do you feel about that?"

"Well, in some ways the variety is nice. I've had a lot of pretty powerful experiences, if you know what I mean. In fact, they seem to be getting more powerful all the time. But I can't help feeling rejected when I get turned down. It's not easy putting yourself out there all the time, and thinking there must be something wrong with you if a guy doesn't want to see you again."

"Paul," I said with authority, "you've got all the symptoms."

"Of what?" he asked.

"Of a love goddess. Or god, I guess I should say."

He waved his hand back and forth in a negative motion.

"Oh, no, no, no, Grandma. No, no."

I just smiled at him.

"Grandma . . ." he intoned. "What are you saying?"

"Just that it all fits."

"What fits?"

"The increasingly powerful experiences, the numerous liaisons, the sense of completion after only one time; it's the new Dispensation. There are very few gods and goddesses on this planet right now. The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. We cannot afford to distribute more than one celebration to our supplicants."

Paul just sat there; but I could see it sinking in. He wasn't rejecting what I was saying. He was just going to need some time to assimilate it.

He tapped his fingers to his lips, thinking deeply.

Finally, he asked, "What do I need to know, Grandma?"

"Why don't you come over tomorrow evening, and you and Grandpa and I can have some lessons."

"Alright," he said.

* * * * * * * * *

And we did just that. Darian and I explained some of the principles of the energy links involved in this ministry, the mechanism by which the Immutable Fire is accessed, and the techniques of implantation. We gave Paul some suggestions of exercises he could try, both alone and with his partners; and Darian gave him a cleansing session and installed a force field.

Since Paul would not have an angel as I did for protection, Darian was able to transmit some of his guardian energy into a permanent shield for Paul to enter into the work. We had done this for Reina, and it had been quite satisfactory.

As Paul prepared to leave, we wished him well and told him to come back any time he needed help or had any questions.

"Good luck," I told him at the door.

"Thanks, Grandma. I think this is going to be pretty awesome."

"Yes, it is. There's no other work I'd rather be doing," I smiled.

He kissed my on the cheek and left.

I sat down on the sofa and sighed. What more could a love goddess ask for than two bright, talented grandchildren to carry on the legacy of her mission? I felt so blessed and grateful. Their willing cooperation with the Golden Axiom was not a substitute for Angela's, but it sure went a long way to soothe the pain of that.

Cheleste
Cheleste
76 Followers