Ivanovs Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

Nicky was furious. She hated her mother-in-law, and the feeling was mutual. Gernick, please, be careful. I lo...

Gernick smiled. You don't have to say it. Just know that I love you and Jonathan more than life itself.

*****

"Nicolette, what's wrong?" Nina asked. She knew something was going on here. She wanted to respect their privacy, but if Nicky was upset, then she'd make it her business.

"Nothing, it's business. It will be fine." She explained trying to deflect from the topic at hand. Nina didn't buy it, but she'd let it drop for now. "Um, something came up and Gernick won't make it home. Momma and Claus will keep the boys and we can still go out. I'm not sure how much fun Thaddeus will have." She surmised.

Nina smiled and said, "I'll tell him. Who knows, maybe we can get a girl's night and take your mother with us."

Nicolette smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes. Nina pretended not to notice. Thaddeus, can you stay with the boys tonight?. Nina sent her mate. Nicky needs me. she explained.

Amerie walked into the garden where the two were sitting. "Amerie, we're having a girl's might. Can you get Claus to agree to help Thaddeus babysit. We want you to go with us." Nina asked. Amerie smiled. She hated being away from her new husband, but she'd love some time with Nicolette and Nina.

"I'll check. Give me a second." She stated smiling. Love will you help Thaddeus watch the boys. Gernick has to work late and the girls asked me to join them for a girl's night. Claus smiled. Of course, love. Have fun with the girls. Thaddeus and I need to talk with those boys anyway.

*****

Gernick rushed to his brother's home. It was eerily quiet. Only the faint sound of sobbing could be heard. With inhuman speed. Gernick followed the sound. He entered his brother's bedroom and found him holding his wife as she wept.

"Gernick, what in the hell are you doing here? You have no rights to simply intrude into our home." Garrick stated angrily. Shari froze and Garrick didn't want to upset her anymore.

"Garrick" she whispered.

"I'm sorry baby. Let me talk with Gernick. Rest, I'll be right down the hall. Alright." He kissed her temple. Gernick seeing this caused his levels of concern to increase. "Follow me." Garrick demanded.

"They walked into the game room. And Garrick turned on Gernick. "What the fuck are you doing here? Have you not..." he stopped. He knew this was not Gernick's fault, but he needed to vent.

"Cantar came to the office. She told me about last night. Garrick, I release you. Their problem is with me. I won't allow you to place yourself or Shari in harm's way. This is not your fight." Gernick explained. His stepmother was evil and he would not allow her to hurt anyone else. He'd deal with her and father directly. First, he'd make sure his family was safe and then it was time to end this.

"No, no, no! This is not just about you. She poisoned Shari. She is the reason we've had no children. She said so last night. "De'vul culto somi 'anui!" , an ancient chat, it means "You'll never be fruitful!"

Shari is pregnant, and when Mother said the words, she freaked. She has lost every child we have conceived, but she never said a thing. Centuries ago, when she began to withdraw from me, I figured she was just naturally frigid and although I was angry, I accepted the fact that she didn't want to make love as much. However, she told me tonight that mother gave her a special drink when we first married. She mixed it in a goblet, and as she drank, she said those words. She laughed, as if it wasn't anything. I wanted to kill her, but Shari screamed.

I hate them Gernick, and for this she will die. She has gone too far. So no, you will not release me and this is no longer your fight alone. We destroy them together, and if Kale joins them or even Cantar, they die too." Garrick stated. His eyes had turned so dark so desolate, that Gernick feared, he'd have to end his brother before this was over.

He opened his mouth to speak, but a soft voice interrupted. "Garrick, please, I can't lose you too. I need you here with me. I should have said something long ago, but I thought I was the problem. The midwife said, some vampires cannot carry children. I'm sorry I pulled away but I need you now." She caressed her flat stomach. "If this baby does not survive, then we deal with it, but I cannot stand losing both of you. You are my life, my heart Garrick. Please, stay here, stay sane."

"Shari, I can't let this go. They must pay." He growled. Gernick was stunned, silent. He knew she was evil, but to do this. This went too far.

"They will, brother. I promise, they will. Shari, I am so sorry. I never knew she'd stoop that low." He was heartbroken for them, but this news made his need to protect his family even more. I wonder will Javon allow Dr. Kim to check her and the baby. Maybe they can... he stopped the thoughts, Garrick might be offended at the thought and the council would definitely be in an uproar then. Then he had a thought. Maybe, they could bring Kim and her equipment to his home and she could examine her there.

"Garrick, I want to suggest something, but promise me that you won't lose it." Gernick spoke carefully. "I can contact the pack and ask that they allow me to bring a healer to my home. You know they love Nicolette and you know they won't hurt Shari. She can check her and the baby . Maybe, she can find a way to help."

"Dogs, filthy dogs. You want me to let-" Shari stopped him when she spoke.

"Yes, Gernick, if he agrees and it can help my daughter, yes." Garrick turned to glare at her. But he saw the fear, and the glimmer of hope.

Gernick met her gaze and restated, "I can't promise anything, but I'll try. You try not to worry, all right." He hugged her. Shari was stiff and surprised. No one touched her, only Garrick when they were intimate, but she found herself returning her Gernick's embrace.

"Give me a moment. Let me call." he excused himself as Garrick held his wife.

He dialed the Alpha. He'd explain the situation, and let Garrick and Shari know. Javon answered as soon as he saw his number. "Gernick, hello. Is everything alright?"

"Yes, Javon, Thaddeus, Nina, and Theo are fine. I'm calling for my brother, Garrick." Gernick explained. Javon tensed, He recognized that name. This vampire was cold and ruthless, but he trusted Gernick.

"Gernick, I cannot allow Kim to leave the compound. We have people here that need her." Gernick was disappointed, but he understood, The Alpha had to take care of his people. He was about to thank him when Javon spoke once more.

"He can bring her here. But he must not hurt any of my people." He stipulated. Gernick sighed. He was sure Garrick would refuse. "Javon, thank you, let me talk with them and call back."

He walked back in and Shari began to cry. "He refused to let her come, didn't he." She sobbed.

"Yes, she is needed at the compound, but Garrick you have permission to take Shari there. I can go with you . Nicolette has her friend is visiting, and I don't want to upset their visit, needlessly, but if she agrees to come. She and Nina can accompany us. We can be there within the hour and they will be waiting." He explained.

Reluctantly, Garrick's concern for his daughter and his wife overrode his aversion to wolves. "No, don't disturb her. Call the Alpha.and let him know we can come there."

Gernick called and Javon granted them permission. Within an hour, three vampires appeared in the medical center. They were met by the Alphas, who were gracious and kind. Kim examined Shari and was greatly concerned. Her body was treating the baby as if it was some sort of infection. So as a precaution, she started her on a protein regimen. With her body's natural defenses, within an hour, her womb stabilized and stopped trying to abort. But Kim was concerned, This pregnancy was extremely high risk, and Shari needed to stay here. However, she was not Nicky and the other weres were wary of her.

Kim came out and spoke to Garrick. She gave her prognosis, and suggestions for care. Garrick balked at the idea at first, but when he thought of his wife and child, he knew what he had to decide. Gernick needed to get home. It was late and he'd yet to tell Nicolette about the guest at the compound.

Nina was about to go out with Nicolette when Celia sent a message.Momma. Gernick brought two vampires to the medical center. What's going on? she asked.

I'm not sure. I'll ask Nicky. "Hey Nicky, Celia said Gernick brought two vampires to the medical center. Any idea who?" she asked. Nicky choked as did Amerie. "No, he said he had some..." she stopped. "He said she hurt his brother. Oh no, does Celia know if the vampire is hurt. Never mine Nina, let's go. Momma can you watch the boys? We'll be back as soon as we find out what's going on." Nina sent Thaddeus a quick message that she'd be back and she and Nicky vanished to the compound.

Gernick was talking with Garrick when his wife appeared. "Nicolette, what are you doing here? Where is the baby?" He knew Jonathan was safe, along with Theo, but he hoped to distract his angry mate.

Nicky glared at him. "What is it? What's wrong?" she demanded, as Nina stood beside her.

Garrick spoke, "Mother, poisoned Shari. Because of her she can't carry our child. She might miscarry this baby as well. The wolves are trying to help." Garrick explained through his tears. "I left Gernick and went home. She was in bed, in pain. I knew she didn't feel well. It happens often. It's one of the reasons I never pressured her for intimacy, because a few weeks after she'd become so ill. I never knew why until today..." He closed his eyes.

"We made love weeks ago, and I wanted to talk about having a child. After I held your son, I knew I wanted my own. As we were talking Cantar showed up and we were about to dismiss her when mother and father came in. Shari was hurting and he wanted to order me around. We argued. Mother smiled so evilly, that I got a chill so I told them to leave the room. Then she said those words and Shari froze. I struck her and father attacked me. Shari screamed, as some of the servants broke up the fight. Cantar stayed with us until I ordered her to go. I guess that was when she decided to finally come to you Gernick. She has lost so many of our children because mother poisoned her. Now, our daughter might not survive. So yes, Nicolette, Nina, you can hate me all you want, but I ask that you don't hate Shari. She never deserved any of the things that happened to her." Garrick whispered, broken. . Nina's heart broke. How could a mother be so cruel. She could never hurt her child, especially like this. "The doctor wants me to leave her here." Garrick cried. "For six hundred years, I failed my wife. When she needed me, I let my mother destroy the one thing..."

"Garrick, this is not your fault." Gernick whispered.

"Gernick, this ends now." he growled, pacing angrily. "She will not hurt my wife again, nor will she get near your family. If father interferes, his life is forfeit." He turned to face Javon. "I ask for asylum for my mate and child. I will send extra guards. Anything you need for protection here, I will provide."

As the men talked, Nicky, Nina, and Elise visited with Shari. Nicolette was never really friends with her sister-in-law and this situation did not change that. But as a mother she understood her fear. She sat and they talked.

"You are lucky she never gave you anything to drink. If I had known, I never would have." She stopped. "I wonder if she poisoned Cantar, and Brenwan, as well. I mean she... Or she just didn't want me to mother her grandchildren." she pondered.

"Enough, Shari. You are not some weak, insipid woman. You are a warrior, only your mate rivals you. Do not let her take that from you. This is not like you to wallow in doubt and self-pity. You are so much more." Nicolette declared. Nina was so proud. This was the Nicolette she remembered the one that fought. It was nice to see her emerge. Becoming a mother had softened her, but her killer instinct still existed. Elise knew Nicolette was on edge. This was a blatant attack on her family, and she knew the vampire well enough to know she would be ready to fight. She gently placed her hand on Nicky's shoulder, and she felt her relax immediately.

Shari stared at Nicolette, and then spoke, "Your son lives. He is healthy, strong. You never have known the pain of losing your child. So please, don't. Don't tell me how I should feel. How I should be right now. This baby has survived longer than the others, and I pray she survives, but..." she began to cry in earnest. Unable to help herself, Nina hugged the distraught vampiress, her heart shattering for her. All three women wept at the evil that was done to that by that woman, and in Nicolette's mind, she somehow would pay. Gernick had to see reason. One of them needed to end this.

"Shari. If anyone can save your daughter, Kim is the best. Listen to her." Nina spoke softly. Shari looked at the She Wolf. She had heard so many stories about her, and for a second she was in awe.

"Thank you. All three of you. Madam Alpha, Nicky, Nina, I don't have any friends really, so I hope one day.." she whispered. Nina hugged her gently, "We are already there. We are your friends."

Realizing the time. Nicky said. "We need to get back. Momma, Claus, and Thaddeus might be worried." Nina agreed. So the two women bid Shari good night, and Nicky went to say good night to her mate. Gernick was talking with Javon and Garrick. So she, Nina, and Elise shared a moment. The three women talked and they were greatly concerned for Shari's state of duress. After talking with Elise, the two women returned to the mansion, where Thaddeus was waiting anxiously as was Claus and Amerie.

Gernick stayed at the compound until Garrick was settled into the Alpha's home. He had to go home, so he spoke with Javon once more and they assured him that Garrick was welcomed. Garrick was silent for a moment, but before Gernick left, he spoke to the Alpha pair. "I know you don't have to do this for us. But I assure you that I will not harm anyone here. My brother has given his word, now I give you mine. I appreciate you helping my mate and our daughter. Alpha Javon, I apologize for any pain I've caused you. Before you speak, I remember everything I've ever done. I can't change my past, but I can admit when I was wrong. And I was wrong. You and your wife are admirable because you could have refused us, but you didn't. I know it is because of my brother, but I still appreciate it. You have no need to fear me or my mate. I give you my solemn vow." Javon swallowed, and Elise placed her arms around his waist. She was his strength, his life.

"Garrick, you and your mate are welcomed. As long as she needs to be here, we will care for her. I accept your apology and assure you that the past is the past. Now, you need rest. I know you will be at the medical center early." He turned to Gernick. "Your brother and his mate are fine. Go home, and check on Nicky and Jonathan, alright." Gernick nodded, bid goodnight to everyone , and then returned home. Elise checked in the twins, and Javon walked Garrick to his room.

Garrick lay in bed. For the second time, since he was a babe and Gernick was sent away, he cried for the pain his mate had gone through. Garrick, love. Please, don't cry. I love you and right now the baby is doing alright. Shari sent, feeling his sense of melancholy through their mate bond. She sent a wave of love to her husband, and he smiled and returned one to her. They spoke mentally until Garrick was ready to fall asleep. Shari lay in the medical center, listening to the beep of the monitors, praying that her daughter survived. But whether she did or not, her mother-in-law would die. She had to pay for the evil she had done. Shari would make sure she did. Right before Garrick slept, he vowed that tonight he'd stay, tomorrow he'd take care of his love, and then finally he and Gernick would deal with the council.

*****

Kale lay in bed with his mate, not quite believing the story mother relayed to him. He was even more confused when Cantar retold the same tale and essentially accused mother of murder. He was about to dismiss Cantar until she mentioned a drink and a strange chant. Brenwan stiffened. He knew then that Cantar spoke the truth. He tasked her with finding something, some evidence, anything they could use. And she vanished in their parents' home.

He called Garrick, and he didn't answer. He wanted to call Gernick, but he had not spoken to his oldest brother in centuries. However, Gernick was key to ending the tyranny of his mother. It was late, and he'd contact him during the day. Tonight, he had to care for his wife.

Cantar, appeared in her mother's secret room, and broke into her medicine case. She saw thousands of little black bottles. Bottles shaped like teardrops. She knew she didn't have much time. So she snatched a few and quickly vanished back to her apartment. Knowing that mother would find her elixir had been swiped, she had to get it to Gernick or Garrick immediately. However, she knew neither would trust her. She needed proof that her mother was indeed poisoning her father. Maybe then, she could convince her brothers that she too could be trusted.

Cantar thought and then she remembered. Fifty years ago, she met a young vampire. He was a chemist, and diligently searching for a cure to his vampirism. At first she ridiculed him, but eventually she realized he was extremely intelligent for one so young. She even flirted with him only to have her attentions spurned. Not willing to accept rejection, she retaliated by attacking him with homophobic slurs. Her abuse continued until he left the country.

Cantar learned he'd moved to France, and she'd often travel there to see him. He fascinated her, but because of her behavior, his attitude towards her was one of cool detachment. He was never rude, but exceedingly polite. It annoyed her beyond belief. Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, she refocused on the problem at hand. She needed his help, and she'd beg if she had too. She'd find him and see if he could test the substance in the vials.

Cantar returned to her home. She didn't have much time, so she had to hurry if she wanted to help her brothers. Within seconds, she'd transported herself to Madrid, Spain. As she appeared, she wondered would he be surprised to see her, or would she receive the same cool welcome as always. It mattered not, because she was a woman on a mission, and that mission was to stop her mother's madness.

*****

Gernick arrived back home. Everyone was asleep. Amerie had moved into Claus's quarters, Nina and Thaddeus were resting as were the two boys, who were now sleeping in Jonathan's nursery side by side. Gernick quietly entered his bedroom, hoping not to wake his wife. Not surprisingly, she was already awake.

"Gernick, I want the truth. Don't lie to me. Don't cover up. Gernick, what is going on? Is this because of that council?" she asked. Nicolette knew the council had issues with her, because she didn't conform to their beliefs. She'd suffered greatly at their hands, but if they were threatening her family, she needed to know.

"Love, Let me deal-" he started to say.

"The way you have in the past when you had me beaten, humiliated. You tried to hide me from them and I gave up my family." She exhaled and she knew her words hurt him. "I understand and I forgave you for those things, but you should know secrets are not good Gernick. What happened to Shari? Are they now targeting Garrick as well?" she asked.

Gernick started to try and mollify her, but he realized she was right. She needed to know the truth. "Nicky, sit down. Tell me, what do you remember about the council?" he asked. She knew of the council, but he didn't think he knew ruled it.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers