Ivanovs Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,296 Followers

Javon needed to say something. He considered Gernick part of his family. "This council, can you destroy them?" he asked. Javon had never met them, but he knew they hurt Nicolette and Gernick. That was reason enough for him to despise that group. After learning of the depravity of their mother, Javon felt they needed to be eliminated.

Garrick looked at the wolf before him, and he spoke truthfully. "When I go after them, they will die, even if I die with them."

Javon nodded. "Can we help? I have trained wolves that can fight, Garrick. If you need us, we're there." He added.

Garrick nodded. "I swore to my brother that no harm would come to anyone in this pack and will keep my word. But thank you, for your offer I am eternally in your debt. If you keep my wife and child safe, then you would have helped me greatly."

Javon nodded. "They hurt Nicolette. For that alone they should be destroyed. I know you may not understand vampire, but she is a part of us. She is family. Her son is as much a part of us as our own children, as is her mother, Claus, and yes even Gernick. They are pack, and we defend our family Garrick. Because of them, we extended our hospitality to you and your wife, but now that has changed. Last night, she connected with us. Garrick, we will lay down our lives to defend her and that little girl. I know you are a warlord. But have you considered them. If you go against this council alone, and they ... She is welcomed here for as long as she wants to stay. But you make damn sure you are successful and that this threat is eliminated. I don't want that girl's heart to be crushed." Javon concluded.

They accepted them. They considered them family and would die to protect them. He hugged Javon. "I promise that it ends. I give you my solemn vow."

The men stood for a moment and then decided to go back in. Shari was laughing with Celia at something a very pregnant Julianne said. He loved the sound and smiled as he moved to his wife, kissing her tenderly on the temple.

"Uh oh, we missed the party," Nina added as she and Nicolette popped in. "Nicky, Nina, you came. I'm glad to see you." Shari added as she hugged Nina and then Nicolette.

"How are you?" Nicolette asked, concerned.

"Last night was a scare, but the new medicine Dr. Kim put me on is helping." She answered. "I'm on bed rest, but Madam Alpha says I can help out with the young ones."

Nicolette smiled. Elise was such a wise and wonderful woman. Thank you. Elise smiled and sent a shaft of warmth down their bond. Nina was talking with Julianne and sharing wise tidbits about being pregnant. Soon the wolves noticed that Shari had gone quiet.

"Shari, are you all right?" Nina asked, clearly concerned. Nicolette soon joined her friend. Shari smiled.

"I'm fine. I just.... No one other than Garrick has ever been interested in me and it's nice." She answered quietly. Nicolette felt guilty, because she could have tried befriended the other female vampire, but she was wrapped up in her own life that she did not.

"Nicolette, you're here now. That's what matters." Shari answered. Soon Nina noticed the time and she and Nicolette had a spa appointment. They bid their friends and family good bye and headed out to enjoy their free day.

Julianne had an appointment with Kim and Celia needed to get home to her kids. Shari hated to see her new friends leave, but she understood. After everyone, including the Alpha pair had gone, Garrick climbed back into her bed and held her close.

"Garrick, you are going after them, aren't you?" she asked. "Just promise me that you'll come back. Come back home to us."

"I promise I will." Garrick assured his wife. After he comforted her, she took a much needed nap. Garrick stayed and watched her sleep.

"Hey, how is she doing?" Gernick asked appearing in Shari's room.

"A lot better, Kim gave her some medicine that stopped the labor and right now they both are fine. Look Gernick, we need to talk. Can we go to your home? I ... I don't want to discuss this here." Garrick stated.

"Sure, I need to get back. I'm keeping the boys and Thaddeus is filling in for me. Let's go. Let Kim know so if they need to Javon can call." Gernick suggested.

Garrick quickly found Kim and explained he needed to leave with his brother, but he'd be back shortly. He also called Javon and Elise and explained. They assured him that Shari was safe and not to worry.

Garrick and Gernick traveled back to Gernick's home and within seconds the men reappeared in the library. Thaddeus was watching the boys and was surprised to see Gernick return with his brother.

"I'm sorry, Garrick, this is Thaddeus. Thaddeus this is my brother Garrick." Gernick made quick introductions. The two men greeted each other and then the boys became cranky.

"Gernick picked up Jonathan and Thaddeus picked up Theo. Garrick scented both boys and was stunned. "They have the same scent. They have familial scents. Gernick, how is that possible?" he asked. Thaddeus was immediately on guard. Garrick realizing the seriousness of the situation decided to explain.

"Listen Wolf, I don't mean to threaten you, but I was stating the obvious. Your sons have the same scent. How is that possible? It's as if they are brothers." He explained. Gernick and Thaddeus looked puzzled. Then they too scented the boys.

"Oh my God, Gernick. He's right. Wait, Benny. Have you ever scented Benny?" Thaddeus asked.

Gernick looked thoughtful, "No, but we need to. Thaddeus, can your daughter in law bring them here. We don't want to hurt them, but if they have a similar scent of our boys, then that changes things.

"Let me call Javon." Thaddeus stated and contacted the Alpha. Javon was immediately concerned. They all were aware the Nina's and her children's DNA was altered, and because of that Theo inherited her traits as well. However, no one thought it would affect Jonathan so profoundly. He was for all intent and purposes part were. If the vampires learned of this, the children might come under attack. This new information caused Javon to pause. He contacted his brother and sister-in-law immediately.

Celia, Blaine, come to my office. Please bring Bennie and Nickie. He ordered. Thaddeus, ask Gernick and Garrick can they scent them here? They are on their way now. Within seconds Gernick and Garrick were at the alpha's home awaiting the arrival of the young family. Elise had returned and joined them in Javon's office. She started to question her mate when, Celia walked in carrying five month old Nickie. Seeing the adorable little scamp made Gernick smile, which was extremely rare. He loved these two kids, simply because they were a part of them. Nickie considered them hers and that made them his as well. Besides, Nickie was going to be a heartbreaker when she grew up, and the fact she was named for his wife made him cherish her even more. Benny was the oldest, and Gernick could see the leader in him. Even at his tender age, he protected his sister and cousins. His son was blessed to have such strong cousins, and he'd make sure he never kept them apart.

Remembering, their reason for being there, he scented the two cubs, as did Garrick. Garrick seemed to captivate Nickie and she grabbed a handful of his black hair and tugged it. He thought of his little girl and laughed. He'd check on Shari before he went back with Gernick. Then he scented Benny. Both children had a similar scent to his nephew. The children all shared a familial scent.

Blaine spoke, "Thaddeus, Javon, what is going on?" he asked. He knew Garrick and his mate were here because she was having problems in her pregnancy. He also knew, they were scenting his kids, because the vampire must have discovered something. He didn't like it and he'd go to hell and back to protect his children.

"Blaine and Celia, we mean no harm. Garrick discovered that Theo and Jonathan have familial scents. They appear to be related in some way. We were curious and have found that your children share the same scent. I know you all bonded with Nicolette and I'm sure that it's her blood that connects you all. Because if this, this discovery, it is imperative that we make sure the pack is doubly protected." Gernick explained. Javon stiffened. He knew Gernick had issues with the council, and he'd stand with him to face them. But as Alpha he had to make sure his pack was safe as well.

"Does Nicolette know?" Elise asked.

Gernick, smiled, "No, and please don't worry. I will ensure your safety above all else. My issue with the council is personal more than anything. You are family and I'd die before they harm any of you"

The wolves gasped. Gernick had just declared them family, and although they considered him as one of them, for him to make that statement was bold and final. Garrick looked at his brother and nodded in assent. "You heard my brother; no one hurts our family."

Javon started to speak, but Nickie wanted Garrick to hold her again. She was fascinated with his dark hair. Garrick was instantly in love with the little pixie. She was adorable, big green eyes and honey wheat locks framing her angelic face. Her brother was so protective and watched him warily. Garrick could not resist, and picked the cute little girl up and held her close for a moment. Blaine was actually a bit jealous. He didn't like the guy holding his baby girl. Garrick understood and gave the infant back to her father. He then congratulated him on having to perfectly healthy and beautiful children.

He excused himself and went over to the medical center to check on Shari. Kim met him and they talked. She assured him that his wife and child were fine. She was about to give her a sonogram and he was welcome to join them. Shari was already on the table when Garrick walked in. She smiled and once again, his heart melted. Kim applied the cold blue gel to Shari and took the wand and Garrick and Shari saw their little girl for the first time. He was awed, as was his wife. Kim measured the baby, and found that Shari was farther along than they thought. She was actually ten weeks, not six. They baby was well formed and seemed healthy. Garrick cried, unashamed, and proud before the wolf and his woman.

"Congratulations, you two. I'll leave you alone. Shari, redress and I'll send Nancy in to help you to your room, OK." Kim stated as she left.

Shari smiled, "Thanks Kim. Thank you." Then she rose to redress and Garrick helped her put her things back on. He then held her close and kissed her. He told her about Celia's daughter and that he could not wait to be a father. This proclamation pleased Shari and she whispered to her daughter, Ava, we love you so much, She held on to her husband until Nancy came in with the chair to take her back.

Garrick visited for a few more minutes, and then told her he needed to finish talking with Gernick. Garrick and Gernick soon returned to the manor, where Thaddeus had both boys napping as he sat reading a Dean Koontz novel.

"Sorry, Thaddeus, I know I'm supposed to watch them and I've been out leaving them on you. Let me-" Thaddeus groaned. "Gernick, stop. Tell me what did you learn? Are the kids-"

Garrick spoke, "They too have a familial scent. I think it's Nicolette's blood line." Gernick moved over to where both boys slept, and the three men just watched them. Garrick smiled. "One day, my daughter will be right here with her cousins." he whispered.

Garrick, we need to talk with you. Some information has come to light and we must meet. Kale sent once more hoping to reach his brother.

Kale, if you hope to save Mother. Forget it, the bitch dies. As does father. Garrick replied.

Garrick, can you come to my home? We must talk. It's important. Kale insisted.

I'm visiting Gernick and his son. I have no desire to listen to you defend her. Good day Kale. He muted his bond. Kale looked at Cantar. He had to call the one guy that he had not spoken to in centuries. "Kale, I'll call him. Maybe-"

"No Cantar, let me. He is my brother also." Kale closed his eyes. Gernick, we need to talk.

Surprised, Gernick looked at Garrick. Kale, what a surprise, little brother. What do you want?

Gernick, please. Can we come to your home? Some information has come to light and ... he asked.

Gernick wanted to refuse, but something in Kale's voice caught his attention. COME! he demanded, Kale, Cantar, Brenwan, and Thomas appeared instantly.

Thaddeus stood and gathered the sleeping boys to take them from the room when Jonathan woke up. With bright dark eyes, he reached for his uncle. Garrick quickly picked up his nephew, as the others watched speechless. Theo woke and joined Jonathan in Garrick's arms. Garrick laughed and lifted both boys.

"Thaddeus, you don't need to leave. Besides you need to be aware of what is going on as well. The boys are fine, and besides I thought Gernick was supposed to be watching them. That was his job right?" he teased. Thaddeus laughed as Gernick turned to face his stunned relatives.

"Gernick, he is wonderful." Cantar whispered awed by her nephew. She never thought she'd ever see that child, but now she longed to hold him. As if on cue, Theo reached for the vampiress, and she found herself holding a fidgety wolf cub. Cantar laughed and it was so innocent, so sweet. Kale had not heard her laugh like that for centuries.

"Theo and Jonathan settled down and enjoyed the attention the adults showered on them. Thaddeus along with Brenwan and Cantar placed the boys in the playpen. The adults sat down to talk. Kale faced his brothers. "She's poisoning father. This is Thomas Macavi. He's a chemist." He explained introducing the man that accompanied them.

"What does this have to do with me?" Gernick asked. "Kale, no matter what you say. I am destroying them. They will not have a chance to harm my wife and son."

"I'm with Gernick. Mother has to pay. Her poison has my daughter at risk. She has murdered so many of our children, so no Kale. I am with Gernick on this. Mother dies." Garrick stated.

"Do you think you are the only one she hurt? She gave the same drink to Brenwan, but Thomas tested her blood and he can reverse the effects of the potion. Unfortunately, for Cantar, she poisoned her when she was yet a babe, and she'll never bear young." Garrick was furious. Gernick was stunned. Thaddeus growled. He was of no relation to these creatures but Gernick's step mother went too far. Kale stopped speaking to let the gravity of this news sink in.

Facing their youngest sibling immediately, both men demanded answers. "What? Cantar, is this true?" Garrick asked but she didn't answer. She could not. Knowing her mother did this left her numb, cold, and simply devastated. Besides, did Gernick even care. He only cared about Nicolette and his child; she was not important to him. So she walked away and did not answer.

Then Thomas spoke. "Cantar brought some vials to me. I tested them, and the contents are extremely dangerous. I briefly studied the contents, and found that the vials contain arsenic. Arsenic is deadly to humans and harmless to vampires, unless the potency has been altered. Your stepmother altered it. If Cantar is correct and she has been giving this to her husband for decades, his body is no longer able to function because he is now dependent on this drug cocktail. If he doesn't drink it, he will die. I'm sorry to tell you, but the poison reduces mental function leaving the vampire that's taking it vulnerable. She can essentially, drug him and make suggestions. He'd think the ideas are his, but in reality, he's just a puppet. There is no antidote, no cure. Again, I'm so sorry."

"Esmeralda controls the council. Is that what you are saying to me?" Gernick demanded. He was furious. "How long has she given this to him Cantar?" he asked.

Cantar turned and looked at her older brother through tear-filled eyes she answered, "Over seventy years as far as I know. I first saw her mix his drink decades ago. When I asked about it she said it was herbal nutrients. After Gernick mated and Nicky almost died... Mother became agitated. She wanted father to declare you both rogue and have you and the pack destroyed, but he refused. It was then she increased his dosage. And he turned on you again. One night I went to see them and she was making her medicines. She was thinking loudly and I could hear. In her thoughts she said, "I should have killed the bastard when I killed the bitch long ago. They are the reasons we have never been truly happy." I vanished because I didn't want her to know I was there. It was after that night, that Daddy demanded you to bring Nicky and the baby before the council.

"She killed my mother. Cantar, are you saying she killed my mother?" he asked hate pouring from him. If she murdered his mother, then it was time to avenge her death. Esmeralda's end would be long and painful.

"I don't know, but I suspect she had something to do with her dying. She hates you Gernick simply because you live. Centuries ago, I would have denied that accusation, but after learning this, I would not put anything past her." Cantar answered honestly.

"This ends now." Gernick growled, but Thaddeus stopped him. "Gernick, you can't lose it. What about Nick and Jonathan? If you snap, what happens to them?" his question grounded Gernick enough to calm slightly and then he heard his mate. Love, what is it? What's wrong? I'm coming home, now! Nicolette informed him. Within seconds, Nicolette and Nina joined his family in the library.

"Wait, wolves can't vanish? Wait this is impossible." Kale declared. Nicky immediately stood between her in laws and her best friend.

"Why are you, people, in our home? Gernick, what is this?" she demanded. Kale realizing the intensity of the situation spoke.

"We are here about Mother and Father. Nina had no idea who they were talking about, but she was ready to shift. Love. Don't. Thaddeus sent. They need to tell her some things. Nina turned and glared at her mate.

"Wait, where are the babies?" Nina demanded.

"They are safe. We placed them in the nursery earlier." Gernick explained.

"Again I ask, why are you here?" she demanded once more. Cantar stood and answered. "Mother is insane and we learned that she's been poisoning father. She has used the poison to manipulate him for decades. She needs to be stopped."

Nicolette looked at her youngest sister-in-law and scoffed. "Why should we believe you. She is your mother, and you'd do anything to help her. If you think for one second that-" Cantar spoke once more.

"She poisoned me. When I was a child, she gave me a red drink. It made me sterile. She poisoned Shari and Brenwan as well. I found Thomas. He is a chemist and he tested the potion she gives daddy. He will die because of her." Cantar stared at Nicolette. "I wanted her to love me. I emulated her, yet she hated me simply because. Mother loves no one. And now she has poisoned daddy and she controls the council as well. Nicolette, I know you have no reason to believe me. But, I ... I have to stop her. We have to stop her." She sobbed.

"Brenwan, she gave you the drink as well?" Nicolette asked, thinking of Shari.

"Yes, but unlike Shari, I never conceived. Thomas can create an antidote that can reverse the effects of that drink. It may take a while, but eventually, if we chose to, Kale and I can have children."

"What about Shari? Can you find a cure for her?" Nina asked. She had grown attached to the other vampiress and wanted the best for her.

"No yet. After she has her daughter, I can test her blood, but she may not need it. If her body allows this baby to be born, it may be able to heal thereby nullifying the poison." Nina screamed.

"How certain are you?" Garrick asked.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,296 Followers