Ivanovs Ch. 07

Story Info
A family that stands together, stands strong.
14k words
4.78
17.6k
21

Part 7 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 05/29/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

Hello, here is the continuation of She Wolf. You may need to read that series before reading this story. None of the characters in this story are real. So please read and then relax.

Thanks to Overstar for editing and revising. Any errors found are not a reflection on this gentleman.

This is the final chapter for this section of the story. Don't worry; we will visit this world again. Margaret and Lakota are next, and Cantar meets the man that steals her heart. So, although this story has been told, there are many more waiting to be told.

Now I present the conclusion of Ivanovs. Thanks for reading.

IR2R

Chapter 7

Lakota Gaines was ticked off. Margaret drove him to distraction. It had been months since he told her of his true nature, and at first it seemed his mate would accept him. They were at Loess Falls, things were going well and then they went back home.

The bottom fell out. He explained to her what was expected from his mate. He didn't expect a lot, just complete surrender. She no longer had to work. Her main focus would be running Wildwood, and taking care of him and his children. He knew he wanted to pamper her. He'd waited so long to find her, and now that he had, he'd move heaven and hell to keep her happy and safe. He was shocked when she outright refused to agree to such archaic notions. Her first husband ran everything, and she was lost when he died. She would never again surrender her independence to any man. He was at work and called her to invite her to dinner, when her assistant told him that she'd flown to Texas. She was not sure when she would be back. Lakota rushed to the airport and caught the next flight to Texas. He then rented a car and drove to the Loess Packs compound.

Lakota knew the moment she approached the Alpha's home. Her friend was with her, and he could sense her fatigue. Margaret walked in, all smiles, and he was so happy that she was safe, and then he recalled he was upset with her. Javon and Elise were talking with him before Margaret arrived, but they quickly made themselves scarce. Lakota looked at his mate, and he could tell from her expression and the way she squared her shoulders that she was ready for a fight. "Margaret, why didn't you call? I know you wanted to be here with your daughter, but didn't you think I might be worried when you vanished?" Lakota asked concerned, because even though he'd backed off. Margaret still refused to consider mating with him. Yes she dated him, but it never went beyond a few chaste kisses. He was really hurt, and his wolf was confused. Finding one's mate was supposed to be a joyous occasion, not heartache and distrust.

His sister found her mate at the same time as he did. Her mate was Margaret's friend, best friend to her late husband. Within weeks they'd mated and were expecting their first child, a son. Lakota knew she'd been married to her husband for over two decades, and his death was devastating for her. He was actually jealous of Oscar Kent, because he had the love of the beautiful woman before him, a love he wanted more than his next breath. He feared that her love for her deceased husband was the reason she fought him so hard. Even though he'd done everything in his power to show her that they could have a life together.

"Lakota, my daughter, just gave birth, and I wanted to be here for her. At no point in time did I think I needed permission from you. We are dating, but we do have lives independent of each other, am I right?"

He nodded, and started to explain again, but the look at her face told him that she didn't need to hear it. Lakota Gaines did something foreign to him; he lost his temper with her. Lakota was incensed, "Margaret, you are my mate. You belong with me. Just because you keep laboring under the idea that you are still a free woman, does not make it so. I worry when I have no idea where you are. That may inconvenience you, but that's how it is. You could have called Lisa and told her. You just left, and didn't even think of how I might feel."

Margaret was not about to stand here and let this man tell her off. She fought back, "Who do you think you are? First of all, I'm not wearing a ring. The last time I looked, we were not married. I can come and go as I please. I was not obligated to call you, and I wanted to be here for Julianne. If you are so insecure that you need to know my every move, then you need to grow the hell up. Listen to me Lakota Gaines, I am my own woman, and I make decisions for myself. That includes decisions about whom I date. You need to remember that."

She's rejecting us. Our mate does not want us, his wolf mourned. Lakota struggled for hours to keep him calm, and within a few seconds, her words had shattered everything he'd tried to build. He had to accept the fact that the one woman he'd give is life for, did not want him. "Margaret, you are right. I have no rights where you are concerned, and I should not expect to to call me every time something happens in your life. I am sorry." He looked at her one last time and said the words that broke his wolf's heart. "I free you. You are free to come and go as you please. I will no longer bother you."

Margaret felt a chill. "Wait, Lakota. What are you saying? What do you mean?"

He turned and looked at the one woman who was his everything and answered, "Goodbye, Margaret..." Then he walked away. Margaret was stunned, but she followed him to his car.

Something was wrong. He had never just walked away from her like this. She demanded, "Lakota, wait. Where are you going?" He did not answer, simply got in his car. He looked at her once more, and Margaret's voice caught. The pain in his eyes was so heartbreaking, and she knew she put that hurt there. "Lakota, wait, I'm sorry. Don't lea-," he stopped her.

"It's alright Margaret. You're right. Enjoy your visit with your family and congratulate Julianne and BJ for me. Be safe." He started the vehicle, and looked at her once more. "I love you Margaret. Despite everything that was said." He then drove off. Javon, thank you for allowing me to talk with her. I'm headed back home. Congratulations on your new pack members.

Javon sprang from his bed, awaking Elise. "Baby, check on Margaret. Lakota left. I don't know what happened. I'm going to try and call him."

Elise moved quickly to Margaret's room. "Margaret, are you alright," she asked through the door. She knew the other woman was crying. If Javon could not get Lakota Gaines to come back here, she was going to Louisiana to kick his behind herself.

"Margaret, can I come in, please?"

Margaret let her in, after she dried her tears. It didn't take a genius to know she had been crying. "Margaret, Javon will talk to him. Hopefully he'll come back and maybe we can help." She offered.

"Elise, you are too sweet, but I'll be fine. I'm not the first woman's whose feelings were hurt by a man and I certainly won't be the last. Tell Javon, if he wants to leave, then let him go. I came here to spend time what my daughter and help her with my grandbabies. That's what I will do. He'll be there when I go home in a few weeks. I'll talk to him then." Margaret concluded.

Elise nodded and called her mate. She expressed Margaret's wishes, and Javon complied. However, he still wanted to speak to his friend.

He sent, Lakota, call me as soon as you get a chance.

Alright, Javon. I'll call tomorrow. I need time. Lakota replied.

*****

The next morning, Kim examined Shari. She and the baby were doing well. "Shari I think in about three more months, you and Garrick will become a family of three."

"Really, Kim. Wait, I thought I had four months to go." She stated worried.

"Yes, but Miss Ava here might arrive early. It's okay. Once you get past thirty-two weeks, the baby will be big enough to sustain without medical intervention." Kim explained. Garrick held her hand and was overjoyed. In twelve weeks they might be bringing their little girl home. He wondered who Ava would look like. He hoped she looked like her mother, because he'd make an ugly girl.

Shari threw her cup at him and said, "My baby will be beautiful no matter who she looks like." She laughed, "Shame on you thinking ugly thoughts like that."

Kim laughed, sharing in their joy. Kim gave her permission to attend the memorial. She wanted to examine her when she returned tonight. If all was well, she'd suggest that she go home with her husband. After a follow up, then Kim would set her monitoring visits, and Shari could go home permanently. Kim left the two alone to check on other patients. Shari was excited at the possibility of going home. There was so much that she needed to do. She needed to set up a nursery, and have it painted and order furniture. Garrick knew she was already planning for the baby, but they had to bury his parents first. "Baby, I'll be back. I'll bring you something to wear." Garrick kissed her temple as he excused himself and went to get dressed for the ceremony.

An hour later, Garrick arrived in Shari's room with a lovely black and gray maternity dress. It fit her perfectly. "Baby, when did you buy this?" Shari asked, amazed that he had time to find this outfit.

"Um, baby. It's Nicolette. Apparently when she was pregnant with Jonathan she and Gernick fought a lot. She wore funeral clothes to mourn the death of her freedom." He joked. Shari chuckled but the statement wasn't really funny. She knew a bit of their past, and often she and Garrick would talk during that time. She knew he was trying to make light of it, but the fighting and distrust almost took Nicolette's and Jonathan's life.

Garrick asked, "It's time. Are you ready love?"

"Can I peek in on Jules and the twins before we go?" Garrick smiled and they walked over to check on her new friend.

"Shari, don't stress, OK. And if it's too much, make Garrick bring you back here," Julianne whispered.

"I'll be fine. Kiss Heaven and Nevaeh for me," she stated as she left.

To two vanished and appeared at Kingston Manor. Cassius graciously agreed to allow them to host a memorial service for Gregor at his home. They decided to have a private family prayer for their mother. And simply lay her to rest. All three took her ashes and scattered them into the ocean as she requested of them when they were children.

*****

For Gregor's memorial, thousands walked though. Many offered words of encouragement to his children, while some came simply because they were curious. Others wanted to make sure Gregor Ivanov was gone, as was his wife Esmeralda. The crowd started thinning when a strange scent permeated Cassius's home. Four wolves were lurking outside the perimeter and his guards had apprehended them. They were bringing them in. The entire room was instantly alerted when wolves entered the sanctuary.

Cassius noticed the look of sheer rage on Krill's face as the men were brought in. He knew then that these wolves were the brother's he'd alluded to when they talked earlier. "Release them," Cassius stated. "They are welcomed. They are guests of council member Krill Kelvic, and not a threat." The guards nodded and exited the building.

"Brothers," Krill greeted his wolf brothers as they were brought into Cassius's home. "Is everything alright?" He asked. If something had happened to Ma and Pa, he had to go.

"No Krill. You and Ms. Eugenia did not return home and we were concerned. Ma felt strange and we had to come..." Lars spoke and then he noticed his surrounding and went silent. "I'm sorry. We mean no harm. We will go now." He expressed, as they turned to leave.

"No, you are my family. You stay. Please don't leave; sit with us." Krill pleaded.

Claus smiled. The four wolves were uncomfortable, but if they knew the truth, then they'd know they were with family. Nicolette was holding her son, who was a bit cranky. When the wolves entered he became excited. Cassius stood to speak, and the baby kept fussing. He wanted to go to Krill.

Cantar was sitting in between them, so she got the baby moving him closer to his target. As soon as Jonathan was close enough, he vanished and landed in Krill's lap. It was then, the Krill noticed his scent. Jonathan was like him, like his brothers. He had a blood bond with a were. To keep from disrupting further, Krill signaled to Gernick that the baby was fine and he'd keep him safe.

The rest of the ceremony went without problems. When it ended, the family traveled back to Gernick's home. The wolves were welcomed, and joined them hesitantly. At this point, Krill introduced his wolf brothers to his cousins.

"Everyone these are my brothers. They have stood with me my whole life over, eight hundred years. They live because we have a blood bond. This is the oldest, Manson, the next oldest , Lars, and the youngest two, Phillip and Terse, they are twins." The wolves spoke. Krill continued, "Brothers here are my cousins and their wives." He introduced each member of the family. Nicolette smiled. She could not wait to tell Nina.

Everyone was visiting, but the wolves never really relaxed. Eugenia seemed to watch Lars carefully. It was as if she expected something to happen. Finally Nicky had enough and wanted to know what was going on. Jonathan screamed, as Lars collapsed. His brothers surrounded him immediately, not letting anyone near him. "Krill he needs a doctor. Please, let us help." Nicolette begged. Shari, also knew, if they could get him to the medical center, Kim could help.

"No, it will pass. He will be fine." Manson insisted. Nicolette read his thoughts, as did Krill, "You lie, I can get help. Let me take him." She asked once more. "Krill, please, we can get him to a healer." She explained. "You will lose him, please."

Manson knew she spoke the truth, but there was no healer. Eugenia helped, but now the fits were getting worse every time. "We will take him home. Krill we are sorry for bringing this into your family."

"Wait!" Krill yelled. "The pack, the one you protect, will they help my brother?"

Nicolette. "We can take him there, and I believe that if they can they will." She promised.

"All of us must go, Nicky. It's the only way." Krill stated, knowing his brothers would not separate.

Javon, Elise we have a sick wolf. He is deathly ill. Can we bring him? He's... he's family. she sent.

Yes, come now. We'll meet you at the medical center. Elise responded. She then notified Kim.

Within minutes they were at the medical center at the compound. Javon met them, and welcomed the four brothers. Elise was at his side, and noticed how tense the five men were. It was obvious these wolves had a blood bond with the new vampire that accompanied them, and in her mind, that made them kindred spirits. Kim and her medical team rushed in, and the large male next to the one called Krill froze. Kim was so focused on stabilizing her patient, that she did not notice the brothers.

Lars was taken to the back, as Kim took a moment to introduce herself to his family and give them his initial prognosis. It was then she scented him. A scent so sweet, so strong, stopped her. He was here, the man she's waited for her whole life. This new wolf was with her mate. He was his brother.

She looked at all five men, and noticed Krill. He was one good looking man, and the man next to him growled. Save my brother, and then mate, we can talk about your wandering eye, he sent.

Startled Kim's eyes flew to the gorgeous blonde standing next to Krill. He was perfect. But right now she had a patient to save, and she could fantasize about tall, blonde, and handsome later.

Clearing her throat, Kim spoke "Gentlemen, I'm Kim. I will be treating your brother. Right now he is stabilized and we will run some test to find out what is causing his seizures. As soon as I find out a cause, I will inform you. Please sit and I'll be back as soon as I know something further."

Krill spoke, "Just save him, Miss Kim. Whatever you have to do, save my brother." Kim smiled at him and nodded, her eyes flew to the gorgeous wolf next to him, and they briefly made eye contact. She then turned and went to help her new patient.

*****

Eugenia was back at Gernick's and Nicolette's home. She was worried about Lars. He always had the seizures, but this one was the worse she'd ever seen. She wanted to ask her son if he was alright, but she knew he'd call as soon as he could.

"Aunt Eugenia, he'll be OK. The wolves saved Nicky and Shari and they are vampires; I'm sure Lars will be alright," Cantar whispered. Brenwan and Kale sat, stunned by the day's events. Garrick held Jonathan, because this once he was left in his care. As both Gernick and Nicky went with the sick wolf.

Shari rubbed her stomach and yawned. "Baby, are you alright," Garrick asked.

"Oh God, I can't yawn without you panicking. I'm fine. Let me hold my nephew." She stated, rolling her eyes at Brenwan and both women laughed at her overzealous husband. Jonathan hugged his aunt.

Shari held the baby close, but Ava didn't like being crowded, so she started kicking. Jonathan laughed and seemed to be talking with his unborn cousin. Soon, Ava calmed down, and Garrick took the baby from her. Garrick kissed his nephew's dark hair and held him so close.

Realizing Shari was tired and needed to rest; Garrick informed his family that he'd take the baby with him to the compound. Shari hugged her sister-in-laws and Kale; she bid a good night to Amerie, Claus, and Eugenia. Garrick held Jonathan as they returned to the compound.

As Claus and Amerie watched Shari with the baby, they seemed a bit sad. They realized that they'd be in Asia when her daughter was born. Love, we will come see them as often as we can. Claus sent to his mate. Kale looked at him and he knew.

He asked, "Claus, congratulations. Have you told Gernick?"

"No, I need to talk with Cassius and then we want to alert everyone." He explained.

Kale nodded. "I understand. It's just that..."

Claus had to ask, "Kale, did you want to be on the council?" He was aware of his political activities. If anyone was interested out of Gregor's children, it would be Kale.

Kale shook his head, "No, I can follow politics, but for now I want peace and quiet. I want to make babies with my wife and teach them to be good people. I want to spend time with my nieces and nephews and reconnect with my siblings and new cousins. I would also love to meet the wolves that are now a big part of our family. Claus, I just want to enjoy a simple life."

*****

Brenwan walked over to talk to Eugenia. She was ready to move on. She asked, "Do you have the medicine that can cleanse my system with you now? How long will it take to work? "

"The drink will take a few hours, and you might have some cramping and bleeding. But after it's done, your body will be ready to conceive. " Eugenia explained.

"Thomas created a pill for me to take from antigens in my blood; will your drink counter that? Brenwan asked concerned.

Eugenia stopped, "When he gave you his antidote, did the poison pass from your body?"

Brenwan was confused. She recalled having some cramps and heavy bleeding, which for a vampire was unusual. But Thomas had said it was a side effect. She had to take one pill a month for four months to flush out her system. She explained this to Eugenia. Eugenia nodded, "It's the same thing. Except he gave you the antidote in small doses, the plant extract is concentrated. However, you will have heavy bleeding and severe cramping. But it will only last a few hours. Once the poison has evacuated your body, the pain will subside.

Cantar listened. "Aunt Eugenia, can it really fix the damage Momma caused?"

Eugenia smiled, "Baby girl, I won't lie to you. She gave you the obta at a young age before your reproductive system developed, and it may not work, but we can try. If it does work, you can have all of the babies you ever dreamed of, OK?" She said to reassure her niece.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers