Jack and the Rollercoaster Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Kezza67
Kezza67
1,194 Followers

"I'm not so sure about that, Sheila. She is so young and vibrant, so full of life. I am not certain that I can give her the exciting life she wants."

"Rubbish! I know my daughter. She is so much in love with you, she is worried silly that she won't be able to be the woman you need. Her worry is not that she will leave you, it's that you could leave her!" Now that was something I hadn't thought about. Sheila was smiling, she could read the thoughts going through my mind. Why do women always have to be so damned clever when it comes to relationships? "There is something else, Jack. Ally is putting in a lot of effort to reconcile with her father." Now that did shock me.

"Well I am pleased about that. But I have to say that Ally was really quite adamant that she wanted as little to do with him as possible. What brought this about?"

"In a word, Jack. You."

"Me?"

"Yes, you. Ally is preparing her father for the day she tells him that you and she are getting married." I laughed then.

"She is determined isn't she?"

"Oh yes. She was infatuated with you before the Ball, but after, when she realised that it wasn't going to be as easy as she thought, she re-assessed the relationship. Then you and she cooked up this twelve month idea, now, she has seen the qualities of Jack Hunter she didn't know about. Sorry, Jack, but you have a lovely young woman hopelessly in love with you." She looked to see how that affected me. "She doesn't want an affair, she doesn't want to be your live-in lover, she wants to be your wife, because that make a statement of permanence."

"I don't stand a chance, do I Sheila?"

"No, Jack. But then, you never did."

To be continued...

Kezza67
Kezza67
1,194 Followers
12