Jack, The Man Who Was Invisible

Story Info
Jack perfects the invisibility formula.
832 words
3.55
59.8k
8

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 08/18/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jack was in his lab. After years of research, he finally concocted the formula. It was night outside. The moon was full. He got a syringe. He stuck it into the vial containing the serum, and pulled the plunger up, filling the tube. He put down the vial. He thumped the syringe, removing all the bubbles. He carefully unbuttoned his cuff and rolled up his sleeve. He took a deep breath. In one swift motion, he plunged the syringe into his arm, and pushed down the plunger. He found that he had closed his eyes. He opened one, then the other. He withdrew the syringe. He put it down. He curled and uncurled a fist several times, and looked at his hand.

I'm not dead. Yet. That's good.

He sat down at his chair and grabbed a book off the table. He read a few lines, but couldn't hold any focus. He got up and walked around some. Ate some snacks. He decided to go to bed. He flopped down on the mattress, and fell asleep before he could even pull the covers over himself.

He dreamed of his alma mater that night, being back in high school.

Jack woke up the next morning. He lay in bed with his eyes open for a few minutes, in no hurry to start the day. Then his eyes went wide, and he sat bolt upright.

The formula.

Jack noticed he was breathing hard. He closed his eyes and took deep, even breaths to calm himself down. He held his hand up in front of his face. Then, he slowly opened his eyes.

Holy. Shit.

Before Jack's eyes, he saw only a sleeve. He couldfeelhis hand. He even knew exactly where his hand was, the way you do when your eyes are closed. He could even touch his nose, touch his two index fingers together.This is amazing.Jack hopped off the bed and ran to the closet. He stood in front of the full-length mirror. There he was. Or wasn't, rather. In Jack's mirror stood Jack's t-shirt, Jack's button-up, Jack's boxer-briefs, Jack's socks, and Jack's sneakers. But not Jack. At least not as far as Jack could see. Jack considered his success.

Finally! At last. All my years of hard work have finally paid off. I can't believe this is happening. I have so much to do, so much to experience. But I mustn't rush ahead. First thing's first.

And so before he did anything else, Jack took his daily vitamin supplements, and acid reflux medication. Even invisible men need structure. That is what Jack's sister had taught him. At the thought of his sister, Jack asked himself if he should share with her his scientific breakthrough.Not just yet,he decided. Jack made himself a sensible breakfast of his favorite cereal in 2% milk, a handful of strawberries, and a nice tall, frosty glass of orange juice.

As Jack ate his breakfast, a thought occurred to him.Come on, just look. No, it's silly. Juvenile. Immature. But then again... Doesn't this whole project smack of immaturity? Alright, I'll look.And so he looked. He looked down at his midsection to see if he could see the food move down his gullet, like in a cartoon. Nope. All he saw was the chair he was sitting in. Jack chuckled softly to himself.Silly goose.

After breakfast, Jack put away his dishes in the dirty side of the sink. He decided today was a good day. He walked out into his living room and marveled at how he didn't see his reflection in his obscenely large television.

jack decided months ago that it was only sensible, when one was invisible, to go nude, unless the clothes one was wearing were specifically worn to make a fashion statement. And so he presently unbuttoned the last remaining buttons on his button-up, shrugged out of the sleeves, and tossed the shirt on to the couch. He then pulled his t-shirt over his head and discarded it similarly. He stood on his right leg, and took off his left sock, and he stood on his left leg, and he took off his right sock. He unzipped his jeans, and wriggled out of them. He then took off his boxer-briefs. He stood naked as a piece of statuary, and sighed a happy sigh.

Jack had always like being naked, from infancy, into childhood, and finally into his teen years. Now, at the ripe old age of 19, Jack finally had a way to be naked without violating the bounds of polite society. Well, until they invented new bounds, that is. One thing Jack loved about science is that it was always coming up with things with which polite society had no idea how to deal. Good old science, always one step ahead of the curve.People still don't know what to do about texting in theaters. Let them try to deal with this! Hahahahaha.

End of Part 1