James & Maria Ch. 01

Story Info
James meets his soulmate Maria.
3.1k words
4.61
18.6k
16

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/12/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
enlb90
enlb90
19 Followers

It was a cool summer night when James was heading to Oak Park. When arriving he hid in the usual old oak tree just waiting, waiting for Maria. He saw her one cold winter night back in December walking her golden retriever, Andy. After that fateful night he's been there every evening just to see her, her quiet beauty, her smile, and her graceful ways. Humans would consider James an obsessive stalker towards Maria but he was deeply in love with her, never crossing the line by following her home or manipulating others in order to be near her hoping someday he would actually have the nerves to confront her.

Last night Maria never showed up to the park which made him go into a panic mood forcing himself to wait pass midnight. Tonight she was back except he could sense that something was either wrong or off about her. Andy was not by her side in fact he was no where to be found. She slowly walked through the park keeping her eyes glued to the ground before sitting on a bench where she burst into tears. James knew this was the perfect opportunity to finally introduce himself. Many despised his type or were just in denial of their existence. Because of that fact he avoided his attempts and desires to talk with her but it was now or never.

Jumping from the massive oak tree he landed softly on the grass before walking up to her. She looked so beautiful to him, her olive skin, her long dark curly hair, those hazel eyes behind her thick eye glasses, her perfect 5' 4" figure not skinny but a healthy slender form. To him Maria was an Italian Princess...HIS Italian Princess. Hoping not to startle her, he asks softly, "Are you alright miss? "

Startled she wiped away hers as replied back as cheerful as possible, "Oh I'm fine, I just got an eyelash stuck in my eye." Faking a smile on her beautiful oval shaped face of hers.

Then and there James learned two new things about her; one that lying didn't suit her very well especially if she can't pull it off and second he had to think fast be convincing or risk losing out on this chance. So with that in mind he continued by saying, "Are you sure? I mean you look like you need someone to listen to you." Trying to sound sincere while using some of his power to persuade her, hoping she'd open herself and her mind.

"I don't know you. " Was all Maria could say while looking in her purse for something to use as a tissue with no success.

"Alright then my name is James Stanton. I'm your typical kind of guy. I like action movies, sports cars, and long walks around the lake. " Replying back while yanking out his I.D. from his wallet before handing it to her.

Maria was certainly not like any other girl James had ever laid eyes on. As arrogant as it may sound like, a girl could simply fall for his devilish good looks causing them to lose all inhibitions and throwing themselves at his feet. However his Italian Princess wasn't naïve like the others so making it difficult for him. But he still made one final plea, "Please Miss, tell me what's the matter, it could help to talk about it instead of bottling it up inside. It's really not healthy too."

She looked down letting the tears fall on her lap. How could she make him forget the skills of temptation? He knew how to get what he wanted when ever he wanted but he was dumbstruck by this shy, strong, beauty. James gave up she was obviously too smart to open up to a stranger like him. Maybe if he left and let time pass he could meet up with her again. With that thought in mind he began to turn away in defeat till he heard her sweet low voice.

"It's my birthday today." Maria stated as she locked eyes with his. She didn't know why she was saying this or even talking to him but she had a funny feeling that it was safe to.

James took that response as an offer to sit by her while letting her use his black cashmere sweater as a tissue to wipe the tears off her cheek. "Well go on. "

"It's my 18th birthday today and well my family forgot... I was going to buy myself a gift but my dog, Andy, passed away. So I spent my savings to have him cremated" Her voice filled with pain as she chocked back her tears.

After blurting that out Maria felt so embarrassed, here she was balling her eyes out simply because her WHOLE family forgot her birthday. She felt so selfish thinking about it when others around the world don't even have a family or are too poor to give and recieve birthday gifts. With that in mind she continued, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't be crying like this in front of you or even telling you this! You're a complete stranger! "

All James wanted to that moment was wrap his big strong arms around her while telling her that he going to make it all better. Still he knew it would be wise not to act like a complete psycho. "No it's fine...I'm sorry I never got your name." LIE, he knew it but again he didn't want to seem like a psycho or a stalker for already knowing it.

"Maria, Maria Mancini."

"So Maria why do you think your family forgot about your birthday?"

"Well you see I have twin step-sisters, last Tuesday was their 18th birthday. So my dad and my step-mom took them to Disney World for the whole week. They haven't called or anything to wish my happy birthday. Then my other family like my grandparents always send me money or gift cards before my birthday and well I haven't received anything from anyone not even a call." She replied back as looking up at him wondering what he was thinking.

"Well why didn't your parents bring you with them? " James asked while wondering why'd they leave her behind as if she was Cinderella.

"I work part-time, plus I take a few college classes so I have less credits to do for my high school senior year. " Maria replied back as the tears began to fade away.

"So where do you work if you don't mind me asking?" He asked trying not to seem too interested but he knew deep down inside he wanted to know everything about his Italian Princess.

"I don't mind at all, I'm a hostess slash waitress at De Luca's Italian Restaurant. Have you heard of it? " She replied back.

Pausing for a moment he thinks of the place before answering, "I think so... it's on Elm Street. Right? "

"Yeah that's it! My grandparents own it so my family all helps out over there." She replied back as she thought about her family. Her family...again remembering what they forgot causing her cheerful attitude to change.

Noticing the change from sad to happy to sad James wanted to know if ALL her family forgot. "Maria what about your mother? She couldn't of forgot your birthday."

Suddenly tears flowed from her eyes like the Niagara Falls. From James point of view she looked even worse from when she first started to cry. He so desperately wanted to read her mind but it was closed off but by her facial expression he knew he said the wrong thing. 'Fuck' was what was coming in his mind just wishing to erase this memory from not just her mind but his too. Yet all he did was only look helplessly at her.

"My mom passed away when I was 5 years old and Andy was the last gift she gave..." She stopped speaking as she choked up as she covered her face crying harder and louder. Letting out all the built up anguish of losing her beloved pet and being forgotten on one of the most important birthdays of a youth.

He felt so guilty he didn't know maybe stalking her a little bit wouldn't of caused him to screw up. An idea popped in his head he just hoped it wasn't too late. So with thought in mind he tells her, "Maria I'm so sorry, I had no idea about your mother. I'd like to take you to a restaurant and have some birthday cake. It's the least I could do, and it would really mean a lot I just feel terrible for causing this anguish upon you." He wiped her tears away in a caring manner, hoping deep down that it worked.

"Ok...Um, there's a diner around here it's my favorite and my family & I go every year for my birthday." She replied back with a little happiness in her voice as she perked out of her depression spell.

Taking her hand he felt a light bolt of electricity run through him. Made she felt it too? But he continued to helped up his Italian Princess from the bench before escorting her to the place of her choice. It felt so perfect and surreal to them as they walked with each other. At this point he didn't care that it took 6 months to be where he was he was simply in heaven now. Before they knew it, a 1950s style restaurant called Rose's Diner was right in front of them.

"Well this is it! " Maria stated as she walked in front of James as they walked inside.

"Good evening you two! My name is Midge and I'll be your waitress tonight" Stated a cheerfully elderly woman wearing an old fashion waitress outfit. Then continued, "So would you like a booth or table?"

"A booth if you don't mind," James replied back as he followed the women closely behind.

"Can I get you two kids drinks while you look through the menu?" Midge asked as they sat in the booth opposite sides of each other.

"Root beer for me please." Maria said with a sweet smile on her face.

"Me too, Midge."

"Okay then I'll be back in a second then." And with that the waitress turned around heading toward the kitchen.

Looking through the menu Maria looked up at James while asking, "Chocolate or white cake?"

"Which ever you want is fine, you're the birthday girl, you get to decide." He replied only caring for what his Italian Princess desired.

"Chocolate then. But I don't know if I want just a slice of the whole cake." She replied back talking more to herself than him.

Suddenly Midge was back with two drinks, setting them down before pulling out her note pad. "You ready to order sugars?"

"Yes. Today is my dear friend's birthday." James stated as he winked at Maria before continuing. "And she would love a whole chocolate cake if you don't mind."

"Well happy birthday Darling! It'll take a few minutes if you don't mind?" Midge asked as she wrote on her note pad.

"Oh no it's fine." Maria replied back before Midge headed back toward the kitchen.

"So Maria, what were you going to buy yourself?" He asked as he leaned back against his seat casually.

"A new puppy. See Andy was really old so I wanted to have another companion to keep him company. But also so that it wouldn't of been so hard when he passed away. Except now I don't know when I'll be able to buy another one."

A few minutes passed when all of a sudden a small group of waitresses in old fashion 50s style outfits were at the booth sing happy birthday to Maria while Midge sat the cake in the middle of their table. James had the urge to pull out his iphone to take Maria's picture as she began to blow out her candles. After the group of waitresses left, James watched Maria pray then delicately eat her slice of cake, so amused with everything about her. Everything seemed like a dream till a loud buzzing noise in her purse went off.

"Hello? Oh hey Amanda. Thanks for remembering seems like you're the only one...No... No... they forget, besides they're still in Florida but they'll be back tomorrow afternoon. I'm out eating cake with a friend over at Rose's Diner. Who? His name is James, no one you know. Hey can you hold a one second." Maria said as she covered part of her phone before talking with James.

"Sorry about the in convince here. It's my cousin just wishing me a happy birthday. It'll only be a few moments. Again I'm sorry." Giving him the most apologetic look she could give.

"You don't need to be sorry it's fine. I'm going excuse myself for a moment but I'll be back okay." He replied back as he stood up from his seat heading off to the restroom.

He stood in the restroom contemplating if he should tell any of his family or friends. It might of seemed like nothing just to hang out with girl of his dreams to people but with HIS type of people it was something to gossip about for decades to come. Knowing that he cancelled on the thought of telling anyone and headed back to his Italian Princess. He stopped right behind her when he heard her say his name so curious of what she would say about him.

"I'd say he's over 6 feet tall like cousin Jimmy, dark blue eyes, really light skin tone, brown hair it sort of reminds me of James Dean but an inch or two longer and a little wavy. Oh yeah he is sooo sexy and muscular looking, like one of those UFC fighters." Maria said as she giggled unaware that he was standing there till she turned around. Automatically she turned rosy red and full of embarrassment hoping he didn't hear. "Uh Amanda, I gotta go but I'll either see you at De Luca's or school."

"Well sugars here's your bill. I'll take this and put it in a box for you." Midge stated as she swapped the cake for the bill, before going over to the register.

"I'll pay." James said as they walked over to the register.

"No it's fine James I got it."

But before she could even reach for her wallet in her purse, James quickly yanked out a credit card of his handing it over it Midge. By the way of Maria's facial expression, he knew he made a smart move. Some girls these days were full on feminist not wanting to feel unequal and act like a man but luckily that wasn't the case for his Italian Princess which he really enjoyed in his women.

"Well thank you for listening and also for the cake. I guess I'll see you around town then." Maria said wishing that this wasn't the first and last time she'd be seeing Mr. James Stanton. But most guys only were nice just to get laid honeslty that wasn't her thing maybe that's all James wanted.

' Blowing me off...' He thought to himself before saying, "Wait, it's way too dark for you to walk home by yourself."

"No it's fine I only live right on the other side of the park."

"Maria I insist on it." he stated back using a little power to entice her as he took her cake to show he meant it.

"Okay if you say so then."

Crossing the street from the diner to oak Park they began they're walk to her home. It wasn't a long walk just a straight path to her neighborhood. The neighborhood was like something from the 1950s with classic style victorian or colonial homes, white picket fences, and massive sycamore trees along the streets. Maria stopped James in front of a brick colonial style home with red and white roses around the house and pathway.

"This is my home."

"It's very nice here. This area has the feel of 'Pleasantville' to it. I know this is a random question but would you care to have lunch with me tomorrow?" He asked hoping she wouldn't shoot him down on the offer.

"Sure. Here I'll give you my number so you can call if you cancel or not." She replied back as she grabbed her cell from her purse.

"I'm not planning on cancelling on you Miss Mancini." He flirtatiously stated as they traded phones to put their contacts in it.

"Hey James you know that picture you took?" She asked curiously.

"Yeah what about it?"

"I know this is weird but every year I go to Rose's Diner with my family, have birthday cake, and have my photo taken while I blow out the candles. It's something we've been doing since I was one years old. And I was wondering if you could make a copy of that picture for me." She said hoping that their tradition didn't sound stupid or weird.

"Yeah sure I'll give you a copy tomorrow when I pick you up. And it's not weird my family has birthday traditions too. Like for instance every year on my mom's birthday my dad gets her any kind of car she wants from like a new corvette to the first corvette from 1953." He paused for a moment then said."I have weird question for you now. What kind of puppy were you planning to buy yourself?"

She looked at him puzzled then smile sheepishly at him, "A black and white great. You know like the cow spotted ones." Then opened the gate and headed to the front door of her house.

As Maria walked in her home she turned the living room light on before she flopped on the couch with a smile on her face. Tonight seemed so wonderful, she never met a guy that looked so gorgeous and yet was so nice to her. It felt so perfect like it was meant for each other to meet, something about him that drew her to him. However she brushed it off as she headed up stairs to her room for bed.

It didn't take long for James to arrive home, he was so relieved that he finally was able to make contact with his Italian Princess. He sensed everyone was asleep inside his estate, so quietly he slipped inside that back kitchen entrance, grabbed a late night snack, and headed to bed. As he laid in bed he thought to himself, ' I'm a vampire who finally had his soul mate,' smiling as his fangs peeked out.

enlb90
enlb90
19 Followers