January 17th

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Slirpuff
Slirpuff
4,289 Followers

"That was nice. You still do it for me David," she said kissing me on the lips. "You plan on kicking me out tonight or can I share your bed until morning like before."

"Your choice. Just don't get any ideas that we're a couple again. This was just sex tonight, nothing more," I tried to tell her.

"You say that now, but remember I know you pretty well David. I felt something more than just two bodies slapping against one another," Sandy said cuddling under my arm now. "No matter what you say."

"What ever. Stay if you want." I said shutting off the light and adjusting my pillow as she pulled in even closer.

"What do you want for breakfast?" Sandy asked as I walked down the stairs.

"Just coffee."

"I was going to make omelets for us, but there's nothing in your refrigerator. You still don't know how to shop yet do you. Do you want me to go to the store for you?"

"Not necessary because I usually don't eat much at home anymore."

"Back to your old habits I see. Work until the wee hours of the morning and eat only when necessary. I thought I broke you of that habit?" she said sipping on her coffee.

I was going to say something ugly like, "I thought I'd broken you of your old habit of sleeping with other men," but thought better of it.

"David, we really are good together and I'm sorry I screwed up. Will you consider just trying to make it work again?" she asked.

"I'll think about it, but you cut me wide, deep and often Sandy. If it had been with someone I didn't know that would be one thing. But with Randy? I see him every week and that's the first and only thing I think about when I see him."

"I know I can't take it back, but just think about it. Will you?"

I agreed and we had a breakfast of what I had left in the refrigerator, which wasn't much. We did have another session, in and out of my shower, but it was nowhere as intense as the one we'd had last night.

Monday afternoon I got together some of my best work for my meeting with Ann. I had plans for two to five bedroom homes and more than a few styles of exteriors. Looking at the address I went into to Google Earth to look at the place where she was currently living. A condo complex about three blocks from Atlantic beach. Nice but not great.

At 7:00 sharp I was speaking into the speaker in the lobby of Ann's condo building.

"Ann, my name is David Ward from the auction. I'm here for our 7:00 appointment," I told her.

"Fourth floor unit 425," was her reply as I heard the buzz opening the lobby door. "Not a bad place, but most of these units were rentals. She's probably ready to build her own place," I said to myself as I walk down the corridor. When I found 425 I knocked on the door.

All right now I wished I'd had one drink. Hell, whom am I kidding? I wished that I were either drunk or some where else when Ann opened the door.

"Good evening David," Ann said as she opened the door to let me in.

"Robin?" I said with my mouth wide open.

"Are you going to come in or are you going to stand in the hallway catching flies with your mouth wide open?" she said with a laugh.

"How? Why? What are you doing here?" I finally got out of my mouth as I walked into her place.

"I work here in Jacksonville at the Mayo Clinic. I'm just renting this place until I can find or build something else."

"Well if that don't beat all. I move from Minnesota to Florida and run into you. What are the chances of that? Way too high!" I said now looking at her.

"You want something to drink? I've got everything you use to drink, instead of Ripple Wine. I looked for it but I'm not sure they even make it any longer."

"Just a Corona if you've got one," I replied.

Robin handed me a Corona and she poured herself a glass of Blush wine. She motioned me over to the couch in the living room and sat down.

"Well shall we talk about the designs you brought with you?"

"Not on your life Robin. I need a few questions answered before we go any further and just for the sake of curiosity, it is Doctor I hope?"

"Yes it is, and I have you to thank for that," she replied with a smile.

"How long have you been in Jacksonville?"

"About five months, two weeks and three days approximately," she said. "I heard about an opening coming up at the Mayo Clinic and decided to apply. After two interviews I received an offer, accepted it and here I am."

"Just like that?"

"Just like that," Robin replied. "You hungry? I've got a few snacks prepared for later but if you're hungry we can have them now."

"How did you find out I was in Jacksonville? I know there's no way my dad or my brothers would have told you, that just leaves mom."

"Oh do you live in Jacksonville to? What a strange coincidence," she said with this wide-eyed look on her face. "Imagine meeting up after all these years and living in the same town. What are the chances?"

"I'm going to let that one slide because I know my mom. Next question, how did you know about the auction?"

"I didn't, that was just a fluke. I went to the club for dinner with a couple of other doctors and saw the notice about the auction. Imagine my surprise when I saw your name listed. I just stuck around and bid. I guess I own you, or at least a set of plans. Ready for another?" she asked as she got another glass of wine for herself.

"I'm fine for now. What are you doing, trying to get me drunk?"

"That might be interesting," she said with this evil look on her face.

"Where's your husband?"

"Don't have one at the moment and if you're wondering no kids either."

"Sorry about that Robin. That was one question I wasn't going to ask for obvious reasons," I told her. "But since you brought it up, what kind of doctor did you become?"

"Fertility. I help couples that are having problems get pregnant. Go figure. I couldn't help myself but now I'm helping everyone else. And I'm damn good at it," she said with this look of pride about herself.

"What else do you want to know David? That I've had four lovers since you. That I almost got married a while ago but backed out at the last minute. That I never stopped loving you, that I like still like Mexican food and sleeping on a water bed."

"Wait. Wait. Go back a couple of items," I asked.

"You mean that I still like Mexican food?"

"No. Just before that," I asked.

"Oh, that I still love you?"

"Yes. That's the one I meant. Is it true?"

"Think about it David. I moved down here just after you and Sandy split up. I think I know more about what's happened to you over the last year than I know about myself. That you have a 3.85 GPA and will be awarded your diploma next Thursday night. You employ eight people full time and two part time single mothers who you actually made jobs for. What else do you want to know?"

"You've been following me?"

"Not really, just seeing where you were in your life every now and then," she told me.

"Why? Why do you care? You walked out on me, remember?"

"That's not exactly true. You left me if you'll recall."

"With good reason I might add. You were screwing around on me and I wasn't about to share you with one of your college buddies. So I just cut you loose like it seems you wanted."

"David I was drunk that night and yes I was playing tongue tag with that guy. I let it go too far but I never went to bed with him or anyone else up there. I was lonely and you were so far away. I screwed up ok? But not bad enough for you to toss me on the scrap heap," she said now with teary eyes.

"Robin, I just got the feeling that you and your uppity friends looked down on me, and when you never returned my calls or e-mails I got worried and came up for a visit. That's when everything went to hell in a hand basket."

"David, I got my priorities screwed up and by the time I realized it you were gone. Don't be too hard on your mother. It took me five years to get her to tell me where you went. I didn't know what to do. I was in a relationship but I wanted you back. I was torn. It took me over a year to get my head around what I really wanted and by that time you'd taken up with Sandy. I waited for you to dump her but you got married instead." Robin stopped and went and got a tissue and another glass of wine and took a deep breath.

"Why in the hell didn't you just talk to me? Hell, why didn't you just fly down and say David I fucked up and want to get back together?"

"I was afraid of being rejected. You were mad and I'd hurt you pretty bad so I wasn't sure how you'd react. I still kept tabs on you but found two other guys to fill my evenings. I was thinking about getting serious with one and even accepted his marriage proposal when you and Sandy started having problems."

I listened with this stupid look on my face.

"That's when your mother called. We'd kept in contact and would touch base about four times a year, especially around the holidays. Well to make a long story short, when you two separated, I moved down here. I figured it was my last chance and I was going to take it. If you rejected me, well so be it. It would be over and I could move on with my life. But, if you still had feelings for me, well then we could see where that would take us. Well I'm done…" she finally said chugging the last of her wine.

We just sat there looking at one another. Her dabbing her eyes and me twirling an empty Corona bottle on the coffee table. I walked over to the refrigerator and grabbed another and walked around the kitchen and then back into the living room.

"So what you're asking is for another chance?"

"Only if you want to," she said as I took a long swig.

"A lot has happened. I'm not the young naïve boy you left when you went to New York. I've grown a little harder especially when it comes to women. What do they say, once bitten twice shy?"

"And I'm not the same geeky seventeen year old girl you married either. I'm a professional with a lot more experience, if you know what I mean."

"Hey, I fell in love with that geeky girl and those were the best times in my life when we spent night after night learning what we both liked. I never want to forget those wonderful times. But I don't know Robin. Do you know I was in mourning for almost two years after I left? I wanted so many times to drive back home, grab you in my arms and never let you go. But you weren't there. You were in New York doing who knows what with whomever."

"Look David I can't take back what I did. I'm sorry it happened but now I have to look forward. I just need to know if there's a chance for us. That's all," Robin said looking into my eyes.

"That last statement sounded exactly like the one Sandy laid on me last Sunday morning," I thought to myself. "Let me think about it Robin. You've taken me by surprise and I need time to digest what you've told me. Why don't we get together this weekend and talk. Ok?"

"I'm on call all weekend, but since I'm so close to the hospital, we can meet here, have dinner and reminisce. How about that?"

"Sounds like a plan," I told her. "Well, at least let me leave this stuff with you, so if nothing else you can see what I've been doing these past few years," I said putting my stuff on her dining room table. With that I got up to leave.

"I've got your number and I'll touch base with you Thursday night,"

I told her. "You look good Robin and I'm really proud of you Dr Ann," I said walking towards the door.

"David don't you even think about leaving without giving me a kiss. I've dreamed about this moment for the last few years and I'm not going to let you go without at least one tonight," she said pulling me to her.

"Damn, she'd gotten a lot better and if this kiss was any indication of what she'd learned I was in for a wild night next time; if there was going to be a next time," I thought to myself.

"That was almost worth the wait," Robin said kissing me again and not letting me leave. "Maybe next time we could take it to second base," she said with a smile.

I gave her one more peck, walked out the door and adjusted the woody in my pants. "Well that's not what I expected," I said as I drove home.

"Hello mom," I said as she picked up the phone. "You'll never guess in a million years who I saw tonight," I told her.

"Don't be mad at her David, I gave Robin your address and phone a little while back," she told me.

"How long ago mom?"

"Oh just about a year ago," she replied.

"You two belong together and when that slut cheated on you I just happened to mention it to Robin," she said with a chuckle. "You know I only want the best for you don't you?"

"Yes mom, but Robin was the one who started this a long time ago."

"But you two were still so young and never had a chance to be a normal couple with her going to school and all. Just listen to her and do what your heart tells you to do. And if it doesn't work out, well I guess it wasn't meant to be. By the way, how is that tramp Sandy?"

"She sends you her love to mom. I've got to get going or are there any other surprises you want to tell me about?" I asked.

"Nope, none that I can think of for the moment. Dad says to tell you you're still a dumb shit but he's proud of you for finishing school. Take care, and let me know what's going on in your life."

"Yes mother. I love you," I said before hanging up. I wonder if Robin's parents know what she's doing.

I spent the next forty-eight hours going through the motions. I took phone calls, checked on the progress of three houses I had under construction and even took an order for a cute two-bedroom cottage in Saint Augustine. It was my favorite floor plan probably because it was exactly the same as the house I was living in.

You see I'd built this house for a young lawyer and his wife. She'd always wanted to live on the ocean and her husband wanted to make it happen. He got caught doing something he wasn't supposed to and they ended up getting a divorce. They both wanted the house but we hadn't closed on it yet. It got so mean and ugly between the two of them I felt nether one of them deserved it. So I bought it myself. I lived in it until I met Sandy. She wanted something a lot larger so I rented it out to a friend until seven months ago. So now it's all mine again.

I called Robin Thursday night and got her answering machine. I left a message that I'd see her Friday at about 7:00 and if that wasn't good for her to get back to me.

I watched the sun come up Friday morning, a cup of coffee in hand. "God I'm glad I bought this place," as I saw a little bright sliver come up over the horizon. Between the clouds, water vapors and the light from the sun, it looked like the sky was on fire. I snapped a few shots with my camera and sat down on one of my chairs and put my feet up.

I waved at a few joggers and looked through my telescope at what was happening up and down the coast, especially one house about a quarter mile down the beach. I could look right into their bedroom and more than once I watched as he got a little morning nookie from his cute blonde wife. "Nope, nothing this morning." I said to myself almost disappointed.

I called it a day at noon on Friday. I was worthless anyway. My head was somewhere far away and I was still trying to get the old image of Robin with that guy out of my head. Damn I hated her for what she'd done to me. She had meant the world to me at one time, was there still something left inside of me?

With a bottle of Pear Apricot wine I announced myself again to the intercom. I heard the buzzer and walked in. I took the stairs instead of the elevator this time. I still wasn't quite sure what I was doing here and needed just a few more moments to get my head together.

"I thought you got lost," Robin said as she opened the door.

"Nope, just took a little tour of the place. I think you'll like this," I said handing her the bottle of wine. "It's like a white zinfandel but a lot smoother."

"So we've become a wine aficionado?" she said putting it in a bucket of ice.

"Not really, I just know what I like."

"Well before we have dinner let me give you a tour of my humble abode and tell you what I like and don't like about it."

We spent the next hour going room to room as Robin said what she liked in a dining room, kitchen and bedroom.

"I like an open floor plan. That way I can always see and talk to whom ever is here."

"Are you telling me you've never purchased your own place?"

"Only rented from day one. I've never been anywhere long enough to set up roots. Until now that is," looking at me.

"Come with me," I told her as I led her out of her condo and down to my car. "I've got to show you my pride and joy," I said now beaming.

We turned into the driveway and parked the car in the garage.

"Close your eyes," I told her as I led her into my kitchen so she could see the entire layout. Just one more second," I said as I lit the gas fireplace in the living room and dimmed the lights. "Alright open your eyes."

"Oh my!" Robin said as she drank in everything. The back of the house facing the ocean was all glass and there were only two separation walls that were needed for structural support. From the living room you could look up at the master loft suite and see skylights letting in the light of the full moon.

She didn't say a word as she silently walked around the place and finally out onto the deck. With the sound of the surf in the background she turned around and looked through the massive glass doors illuminated by all the recess lighting.

I joined her on the deck with two glasses of wine.

"Well, what do you think?"

"You did this? You designed this place yourself?"

"Yes to both. I built it for another couple and ended up keeping it myself. It's kind of like my retreat from all the craziness of life. I can sit back, listen to the waves and nothing can touch me here."

"Its magnificent. It's just so beautiful," she said covering the distance between us. "It's a far cry from our apartment back home," she said taking the wine from my hand and setting it on the table as she grabbed me.

Our lips touched and it was like we'd never been apart. We moved from one side to the other without ever losing contact with one another as our tongues mated and did a love dance in our mouths. My chest was heaving; my heart beat wildly as we almost became one, clothes and all.

I wanted her now. I wanted her more than I'd wanted anything else in the whole wide world as I continued to caress her body through her dress that was now soaked with perspiration. I lifted her dress as I grabbed her ass cheeks and pulled her even tighter to me.

I was so hard that I thought I'd skewer her if she were any closer. I moved lower licking her from behind her ear to her neck, all the while unbuttoning her dress. Finding her braless I cupped one breast tenderly as I moved lower to feast on it when it happened.

I was so startled and surprised, that I almost fell over before regaining my composure as it happened again. RING.

Robin reached into her pocket on her dress and pulled out her cell phone.

"This is Ann," she said now switching to her professional voice. "Keep her stable, give her a saline drip and I'll be there as soon as possible," she told the person on the end of the line. "David, I have to leave, can you give me a lift back to my place?"

She sat next to me and as I drove she kept rubbing my thigh. When I pulled into her complex my heart rate had slowed down, my breathing was almost back to normal but I still didn't want the night to end.

"I'm sorry David," she said but I could see the pain in her eyes. "It doesn't happen often but my patient needs me right now."

"Don't worry about it Robin, just do what you have to and I'll take a rain check."

"You will call me right?" she asked.

"I'll call. Now go make a baby," I said, kissing her and opening the door for her. She laid a big kiss on me and jogged to her car and within three minutes she was heading out.

Slirpuff
Slirpuff
4,289 Followers