Jason's Story Ch. 12

Story Info
Moving on and a partial truth.
7.7k words
4.73
27.5k
15

Part 12 of the 20 part series

Updated 10/22/2022
Created 05/30/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hello all,

I've been busy typing away because the story is flowing at this point. The timeframe I've set up allows for longer chapters. I really appreciate all of the compliments and I hope you enjoy this latest installment. Don't forget to comment and vote!

Kitty

One month later

Jason was falling into a comfortable, albeit lonely routine. He was working 50 to 60 hours a week ensuring that he had little free time for his mind to be consumed by her. He hadn't seen her in two months, yet she occupied his thoughts constantly. Kane and Bria had come to visit and having her in his apartment made his heart ache for Nigha; so he kept his distance.

He was so jealous of Kane. Kane who had never fallen in love before was totally gone when it came to Bria, and he could have her. His brother had found his dream girl through the tragedy that was to be Jason and his. Although he was happy for Kane, he couldn't quell his feelings of resentment, and he knew it would be a long time before the mere sight of Kane and Bria being so perfect together didn't make him nauseous.

He wanted to keep Kane from being a spy so he never asked him how Nigha was doing. It still worried him about her mystery illness, although Bria had been kind enough to take him aside to let him know that they'd isolated the cause for her condition and she was feeling much better. He and Clyde still kept in touch through emails and infrequent phone calls. Clyde had told him that Nigha was wasting away, was still visibly ill, and had cut her beautiful hair.

Jason wanted nothing more than to come and "visit" Kane and "accidentally" bump into Nigha while he was in town just to see for himself that she was alright, but let his better judgment win out and decided to keep working. Work was his release and distraction.

**********

Nigha was struggling in the early months of her pregnancy. Instead of gaining weight, she was so consumed with morning sickness that she'd lost another fifteen pounds. Her iron levels had returned to normal, but her recent weight loss had her looking nearly anorexic at 5 foot 7 and 115 pounds.

Max, her OB was really concerned about her health as well as the twins if she didn't start putting on some weight soon. Nigha was worried about the same thing, but found it nearly impossible to keep anything down. She looked thin and frail and the thought of being huge seemed more and more appealing.

Bria told her that Jason was alright, although she saw very little of him when she and Kane visited. She also told Nigha that she'd told Jason that everything was going to be alright in the hopes that he wouldn't worry too much. Nigha could tell that she was leaving something out, so against her better judgment, she asked.

"How did he seem?"

"In a word; lost. Kane is so worried about him. He's barely spoken with his parents in the few months he's been gone so the whole family's worried about him."

"How did he look when you told him that I was alright?"

"Like he didn't totally believe me, or want to spend more than two seconds alone with me. I feel so bad for him girl, but this is the mess that he got both of you in. I'm sure it's just gonna take some time. Don't worry about him; you need to worry about yourself. Are you going to be okay?"

"God I hope so. I'm two months pregnant with twins; I should be getting fatter by now. I know everyone at work thinks I'm anorexic or something."

"Have you told anyone yet?"

"No. It's nobody's business, but I am tired of constantly reassuring them that I'm fine. My boss is constantly finding excuses to come by my office to see how I'm doing. He's so sweet, but he's starting to annoy the hell out of me" she said with a laugh.

"Girl, you know you probably should go ahead and tell your boss. He might have some suggestions on how to handle the situation at work."

"Who are you all of a sudden? I was expecting my smart-ass, wise-cracking sister and got the voice of reason."

"Nigh, you look a mess and you're already going through hell. I'm the first to admit that I'm a jackass, but this jackass loves her sister to pieces so I'm trying to be a good sister. But trust; as soon as you start to get those huge boobs and fat ass, I will be crackin' on you left and right" she said with a laugh as she took Nigha's hand.

"I love you nutcase; you know that?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah; I'm trying to be a good sister not a sappy sister! Lay off with the sugary sweetness."

"Dually noted."

The next few weeks brought Nigha more of the same. More morning sickness, weight loss, and concern. She had resigned herself to the fact that at any point now, she'd have a turnaround, but those around her weren't so sure. Her co-workers were worried sick about her, though none would just come out and ask what was going on. She knew something was up when she was called into Jack's office for a "spur of the moment" meeting.

"Nigha, you look...come in" Jack said, catching himself mid-sentence. He was so used to her looking beautiful at all times that he was falling into the same old compliments. This wasn't beautiful Nigha; this was the Nigha that he had to find out whether or not she was at death's door.

"Hi Jack; you needed to see me?"

"Okay Nigha; I respect you too much to beat around the bush. Quite a few of your co-workers have expressed concern about your appearance as of late and I would love to reassure them that you're going to be fine. The truth is I can't because I just don't know. You haven't told me anything and frankly; I'm worried sick about you myself."

"Jees; is it that obvious?"

He looked at her as if she were some alien creature before walking around his desk to sit in the chair next to her. He turned his chair to face hers and put a hand on the armrests on either side of her. He looked her straight in the eye before starting again.

"Look Nigha; I'm not one to pry, but you haven't been the same since you came back from your hospital stay. I know you had pneumonia and a severe case of anemia, but I fear that something else is going on and I care too much about you to watch you waste away without at least asking...what's going on?"

"I'm sorry Jack. I guess I didn't fully comprehend how this would affect those around me, but I just didn't want everyone in my business."

"Is it serious? You've got to tell me something because we're scared that you're dying. If you want me to handle how the news is delivered, I'd be happy to do so. I know that you're not obligated to tell me anything, but I implore you to please let me in anyway."

"Jack; I'm not dying. It is serious though. I'm pregnant!"

She saw the worry disappear from his face as his forehead relaxed and he sat back in his chair. He ran his hands through his hair as he tried to regain his composure.

"I understand" he said with a smile. "I haven't seen you go through a pregnancy before so please forgive me for asking but is this what normally happens to you?"

Nigha laughed a little before continuing. "No Jack, with Sean and Stephen I had very little morning sickness; I was a LOT younger, and I wasn't carrying them at the same time" she said with a smile.

"Oh...wait a minute...what? You're having more than one? Is it twins, triplets? Gosh I'm sorry, this really is none of my business but curiosity is definitely getting the better of me. I'm so relieved that you're not ill; other than normal, but I didn't even know that you and you're husband were trying."

"Well, we weren't; but we weren't trying with Sean or Stephen so why break a good trend" she said with a little laugh that he joined in on. "I don't know exactly how it happened (liar, she thought to herself), but in about seven months...well, more like six I'm told; Brett and I will be having twins."

A huge smile crept across Jack's face before he looked worried again. "Nigha, if you're having twins; how is it healthy for you to be dropping so much weight? Wait; forget I asked. I know that you'll be taking good care of yourself and I should be offering my help with how to get your concerned co-workers off your case."

"Like I said, I don't want everyone to know however, I don't want them to think I'm dying either. Everyone will figure it out in a month or two, but I leave it to you to field their questions without telling them about my condition. You're a great boss; I'm sure you'll figure it out. By the way, the morning sickness and the fact that I'd lost weight from being sick are hindering me from gaining weight now. I'm not really too worried though because before you know it, you'll be wondering how I'm carrying around so much weight!"

"I know just how to handle it. I'll let whomever know that we've spoken about it and I'll assure them that you're going to be alright, but in the interest of maintaining your privacy I'll let them know that I won't be discussing specifics. Thank you so much for trusting me with your happy news. Take care of yourself okay" he said with genuine concern evident in his expression.

"I'm trying" she answered playfully. "Jack, it means a lot to me that you care" she said before she walked out of his office, closing the door behind her.

"You have no idea" he said aloud to himself as he took his seat behind the desk.

**********

Jason was filling his time with three things: work, working out, and worrying about her. He'd get little emails from Clyde every few weeks and in each one, she was getting progressively worse. Keeping in mind that no good could come from him going to see her and the deal he made with God, he stayed put.

The amount of time and effort he was pouring into his work was benefiting him. Even though he'd only been in his new position for two months, he was already up for a salary increase and a bonus. Brian; Jason's boss, had explained to him that even though he was pleased with his performance, if he kept up his current pace, he was headed for a major burn out. Brian suggested that Jason take at least two weeks off in a couple of weeks and Jason could tell by his tone that it was more than a suggestion. He had his assistant schedule his time off, and in three weeks he would need another distraction to occupy his time.

Thoughts of her consumed him as he walked home. He would sometimes see her off in the distance; but realize that when the person impersonating his love grew closer, his mind was playing cruel tricks on him.

He had built up a routine: eat, work, eat, work, eat, workout, shower, sleep. Kane called him repeatedly, but was forced to leave messages because Jason really wasn't up for conversation. Talking to Kane would conjure up thoughts about Kane being the one to see her at will. His involuntary resentment toward his beloved older brother was growing and the fact that Kane and Brett were becoming such good friends didn't help matters much.

His daily life, or lack thereof had become a torturous affair and he was making no moves to improve his situation. The few times he did talk to his brother; Kane would drop hints like "go out and see the sights of Atlanta, you can't stay cooped up for forever." He had no desire to see anything but his apartment, work, and her.

On the Friday before he was planning a trip, he'd reluctantly agreed to go out with John and Terry for a "guy's night out." Even though he didn't really want to be on the bar scene, he relented and burst into laughter when Terry promised that it wouldn't be the "Chappelle's Show version."

The plan was to hit a few clubs, have a few drinks, and to get John and Terry laid. Jason would only partake in the first two, even though it had been three months since he'd been the third. The brutal attacks visited upon him by Rosy Palm and her five sisters had kept his "needing some serious pussy" stress level down, but it wasn't non-existent...far from it.

The trio hit a few bars, had a few too many drinks, and finally decided that the good looking women liked to dance so they moved on to the clubs to check out the scenery. John and Terry let out a simultaneous "jackpot" when they got to the second club because they'd finally found the good looking girls. Jason agreed that these were some of the best they'd seen, but in his mind he knew that none could hold a candle to her.

There she was.

He'd know her anywhere. She was off in the distance dancing with two friends; one he knew that he recognized and the other he'd never seen before. She'd caught his eye and started to walk over with that same sexy smile that he longed to see so much, but something was definitely wrong. The closer she got to him, her features started to change and then he realized why he recognized one of her friends. Her friend was Tina, and this was Gina. The drinks were playing tricks on him.

"Hey stranger; where ya been?"

"Oh you know; working, working, and more working" he said with a slight slur in his speech. "You look great."

"Oh this old thing?" she said putting her hand on her chest for emphasis. "Seriously though, thanks. It took me forever to pick it out. It's the first time I've been out in a long time. The first time I've felt like it since I dumped the jackass two months ago. I wanted to look hot but not desperate, did I pull it off?" she asked as she gestured with her hands.

"Definitely hot...like fire and the total opposite of desperate" the words poured out before he could catch himself. His mind-to-mouth strainer was too full of alcohol to work properly. The last thing he wanted to do was to give his new friend the wrong idea, but he spoke the truth; she was smoking in her strapless red dress.

"Wow! Coming from the president of the hot club, I'll take that as a stamp of approval" she said with a laugh. She looked at him with a hunger he hadn't seen in a sexy woman's eyes in a while, before some drunken idiot bumped her from behind and sent her sailing into Jason.

He wrapped his arms around her waist to steady her, and she hadn't realized just how hard his body was until that moment.

"Oh my" was all she could muster with her left arm wrapped around his neck and her right placed on his chest.

"Are you alright?" he asked with genuine concern in his voice. The feel of her against him was stirring up carnal feelings that he was trying so hard to suppress.

"Thanks for the rescue honey" she said as she tilted her face toward his. When his ice blue eyes met her London blue ones, they both felt the spark and looked away. Neither of them was ready for something or someone new.

"Dance with me" he commanded more than asked.

"You've got to be kidding me. All this and you dance? Pinch me I must be dreaming...oww!"

He'd playfully pinched her arm. "Now that settles that...come on" he said taking her hand and leading her to the floor.

'Oh shit, white boy has got skills' she thought to herself as he began to move to the music. She didn't realize that she'd been motionlessly watching him in awe until he grabbed her around the waist and pulled her into him.

Jason knew he was out of his controlled element. He'd lost count after the seventh Kamikaze, but something about the way she felt in his arms made him not care. He liked Gina; he knew that she was hot from the first moment he saw her, but his heart wouldn't let him see her as anything more than a friend. Now his heart was just as liquefied as his brain, and the head below his waist was beginning to take over.

Gina was lost in the moment with her handsome neighbor as well. Although she'd only had three Cosmos, she was feeling pretty good as well. The looks he was giving her were making her feel better.

Jason looked over to the bar and saw John and Terry looking on in amazement at the stuffed suit tearing up the dance floor with the hottest woman in the room. Terry tipped his glass to Jason and continued his conversation with Tina. Naturally, John was chatting up their friend Nina.

"So she's Gina" John said pointing in Jason's direction. "She's Tina, and you're Nina? Are you kidding me?"

"I know! Weird isn't it? Well I've got another one for you; my birthday is the day before theirs."

"Nuh uh!" he said with a laugh. "So how do you know them?"

"We've been friends since grade school. Everyone jokingly refers to me as the Indian triplet. We really caught it when those Benetton ads were popular" she joked. "How do you know him?" she asked motioning her head toward Jason.

"He works with us and let me tell you; I've never seen him like this. He's so uptight and quiet at work. I tell ya, I hate his guts. I mean look at him and then look at her, and her, and her" he said motioning to the women eyeing Jason. "It's like this everywhere we go and he doesn't even care; but enough about him and his dashing good looks. Let's talk about you and this smokin' dress you have on..."

Gina had turned her back to Jason, and he was grinding up against her sending her into a frenzy. She was attracted to him the first time she'd met him, but this was something different. This was something she wasn't ready for; she wasn't ready to want someone the way she wanted him. Little did she know that the feeling was mutual.

When he'd pulled her to him, he smelled her hair and the familiar scent intoxicated him; peaches. 'Damn that shampoo' he thought. 'Damn her for making me love her so much. Damn her for going on with her life and leaving me stuck in this mire. Fuck me for creating this situation.'

Gina turned to face him and noticed the faraway look in his eyes and then it happened. He looked into her eyes and she recognized the same need that she felt. She wrapped her hands around his neck and pulled his face within inches of her own as their bodies swayed with the rhythm of the music.

"Jason, I can't help it...I want you" she whispered so that only he could hear. She touched her nose to his and lightly brushed his lips with her own.

He closed his eyes at the contact and made no move to pull away. Her lips were so soft and she smelled so good. She kissed him; no tongue at first, and then she tested the waters and was rewarded by his tongue intertwining with her own. Before too long, the kiss sailed past the "R" rating onto "NC-17" as they got lost in the need to be close to someone. Gina had wrapped one of her legs around his hip as he kneaded her ass and ground his crotch against her.

"Let's get out of here" she said as she came to her senses and the realization of where they were hit her like a ton of bricks. She looked around to find her sister, Nina, and Jason's two friends looking on; dumbfounded. She gave a wink and a little head nod after she made eye contact with Tina, and led Jason out onto the street and hailed a cab in record time.

They were all over each other in the back of the cab and once they reached their building, Jason mistakenly gave the cabbie two hundred dollar bills instead of two tens. The cabbie tried to call out, but Jason just grumbled "keep it" and the cabbie just expressed his thanks and drove off.

The make out session continued on the elevator ride and when it reached their floor, they stumbled out in a hurry to make it to his place.

Jason could feel his heart pounding through his chest, but his brain was struggling to send him the messages that he hadn't been getting for the past hour.

'This is wrong man. She's not the one you want and you like her too much to use her to fill some basic need. Look at her; she's beautiful, funny, and easy to be with. If you do this, all that's gonna change. Tonight won't make her Nigha and tomorrow will just be full of regret along with the nasty hangover that's coming your way...STOP.'

As they hit the couch, his brain finally got through long enough for Jason to think about the situation as she straddled him. He grabbed her shoulders and gently pushed her away.

"Gina, I can't do this. My heart's a mess and you're too good to just be a one night stand. I like you too much to..."