Jed Finally Drops Anchor

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They arrived home after running off the road three times because Mike was unfit to drive as the quality of the wine had exceeded his expectations, so he drank lots of it. After Mike had checked Jed's burn sites and replaced the special 'breathable' protective dressings and announced the healing was coming along splendidly, Jessica arrived with the aloe vera and sent Mike off to bed. She fondled Jed into an erection, sucked it dry and after applying the dressing went off to bed. Jed sighed and fell into a drunken sleep, pleased Jessica hadn't fucked him because...Why pleased? Well he didn't know.

Next morning Douglas arrived after Mike had left for work, greeted Jed briefly and went out and fucked Jessica over the butcher's block in the kitchen while Jed went back to sleep.

Jessica saw Irma arriving late afternoon so began rehearsing her denials but Irma kissed her and thanked her handing across a big bunch of flowers and a check for $3000 'to buy a new dress.'

"W-what have I done to deserve this?" Jessica asked, her mind fixed on her act of adultery that morning.

"You have managed to take dear Jed from the clutches of my egomaniac husband." Irma said. "He is scheming to exploit Jed's business ability to generate profits and to raise his bank borrowing profile. He then plans to buy back all the other farmland in the valley once owned by his grandfather."

"What's so wrong with that?"

"At his age he should be retiring and taking me to places like Paris and New York and Rio. We are not filthy rich but at least at our ages we can run up debt to act as if we were. May I see Jed?"

"Yes of course -- he'd through there."

Rather than listen behind the door to Irma's conversation with Jed, Jessica poured vodka over ice and decided to ask Douglas to rack up debt and take her to Paris and New York and Rio when he could have his way with her, totally.

Irma inspected Jed's cock and said recklessly it looked better than new, although never having seen a new one on an adult male. She sat and they chatted amicably and he said he'd enjoyed the family gathering. He thanked Irma for the hospitality and for being so kind to him and said his only regret was Douglas attempting to push him into hard work again.

"I have no desire to ever again work hard. Some people are meant to be lazy and I'm one of them."

"Well you are right to shy off of teaming up with Douglas. He'll work you to a standstill. I'd like to tell you something but I need to trust you to keep your mouth shut."

"I promise."

"For the past three years I have been having it off with our executive chef. He loves me and is kind to me, unlike Douglas. His parents have left him their home in Hawaii and he wants to take me to live there and retire. I want to catch Douglas fucking Jessica and I'll them demand he divorce me, with a good settlement."

"Wow, but fair enough. In all probability Douglas and Jessica will be at it here each morning just after 8:00. I would ask you don't implicate Jessica publicly because in her way she's been hospitable to me."

"But not kind."

"No."

"I'm pleased about that because it tells me Douglas has unhappy times ahead of him. He, too, only cares about himself. Now, the reason why I'm here?"

"So it wasn't to inspect my dick."

"Funny man," Irma smiled. "This morning I had Douglas purchase a house in town here for Kitty and we take possession as early as Saturday. I would like you to move in with Kitty and Nick."

"So you know?"

"Yes, last night when she ran to you and I saw the way you looked at her."

"Well, you found out the same time we found out."

"I like it. She won't feel ready for full sex for perhaps another month as it takes time for things inside to settle after delivering a baby."

"I understand."

"I have spoken to the sisters and all three are willing to fill in. You are free to nominate all three, just two or them or even one."

"I nominate you."

Irma snapped he should not be so disgusting and then caught the teasing grin. "God you are impossible. I rather like it. So what will it be?"

"Yes, I will take care of Kitty and in the meantime will find someone not in the family to satisfy my need."

"Why not Jessica, everyone else is at her."

Jed held his tongue and thought God women would be so catty. It was possible Jessica had been faithful to Mike until the current lapse when she'd over-romanticized with Jed, wanting him to plunge into her, and had yielded to Douglas perhaps thinking it would be advantageous for her husband's career.

When Irma left he gave Jessica the bad news and resisted her offer to allow her to console her imminent loss by spending the afternoon in bed with him. He fought against modifying his thinking about her not being a slut. He called Kitty and congratulated her becoming a homeowner and she gushed on and on about his chivalry and unbelievable generosity in agreeing to act as guardian for her and Nick in their new home. As the plaudits flowed Jed felt out of the conversation, as if Kitty was talking to the wrong guy. No other woman had ever heaped him with praise like Kitty was; she must have milk fever and was hallucinating.

Jed shifted in with Rick and Kitty early Saturday afternoon and both seemed pleased to see him, Kitty showing her enthusiasm through hugs and slightly wet kisses while Rick stared in his direction and for the first time not did not go blue in the face and bawl. Jed chose to sleep with Kitty and had to promise not to try to fuck her or rather some word she used he gathered was an alternative to the F-word. He'd always used the F-word and would have used the C-word with equal ease except when he was small his mom had finally eliminated usage through impounding his tricycle for 48-hours every time he called their cat or her a cunt.

Spending some of the afternoon wondering if Kitty meant they could have limited sex Jed got his answer that night. Five minutes after Kitty was in bed she was up again to attend to the restless Nick. She was back fifteen minutes later and was just pulling the blankets over when Nick began crying again and off she went. Jed awoke sometime later to find the bed was rocking with Kitty sucking his dick. From that moment he felt completely at home and after Kitty lay back sucking her lips and pushing his head down between her legs she got what she wanted when Jed was left wiping his very wet face. It appeared they were on a wavelength that they would ride into a happy future together, but a big shock loomed.

Nick woke them just before 2:00. Jed jumped out and fetched Nick for Kitty and then wandered off to the kitchen to make coffee. Kitty wasn't drinking coffee. He leaned on the back of the easy chair looking at the ceiling and thinking about himself and where he was. Jed found his thoughts rather unpalable, too negative for his likening. He was happy to have excitement but that now appeared to be on the decline into domestic bliss. What that what he wanted? He didn't know. So what do he think of his progress through life to date? Not much although earlier years at university and the first eighteen months into his company restructuring role had been great, really rewarding actually. Perhaps he should have married Bess and worked for her father in her computer servicing company that had been the plan. On yeah?

Well asshole, what do you really want? What would you do if you found yourself on square one? Jed set his mind free and was surprised at the result and yet not surprised really, and he understood what that meant. He'd concluded he'd like to team up with a woman who'd push him into an exciting life, an older woman.

Yes, an older woman. Jed had discovered this when he became associated with Irma -- the woman had physical power and mental power but she lacked intellectual power; he'd want all three, although he'd never quite worked that through until now. Did such women exist? Yes, but he had no idea about going out and finding one, not that it mattered because now he'd committed to Kitty but perhaps one day they'd part.

" And give me the chance to start my life again," he mused aloud.

"Oh yeah?"

But incredible chances do happen, incredibly rarely.

A couple of mornings later when Kitty and Jed were having breakfast Jed answered a knock on the door.

CHAPTER 3

Kitty turned white as Jed returned to the kitchen with a younger guy in tow.

"Hello Jerry," she said.

"Hello Kitty."

Kitty turned to Jed and said apologetically, "Jerry is Nick's father."

"So I claimed. I thought it was lucky night for a number of guys."

Kitty looked down at the table. "I concocted that story to protect Jerry who was engaged to his childhood sweetheart...."

"I've told Rebecca and asked that we approach you to adopt your baby but she refused, so I broke off the engagement."

"Why?"

"Because I have to try to salvage a life for you."

Jed said, "Excuse me while I puke."

Kitty ignored that and Jerry hung his head. "What do you want Jerry?"

"I want to take you home with me. Mum and dad are agreeable."

"Ohmigod. Look, go Jerry and I'll call you in an hour or so. I need to talk to Jed."

Half an hour later Jed's offer to walk out of Kitty's life had been accepted and he'd accepted Kitty's offer to ask her mother's elder sister if he could stay with her for a while.

Kitty returned from the phone and said Aunt Helen would be delighted to have Jed stay on the condition he made his bed in the morning.

"Is that the only condition?"

"Yes."

"Well, go chase a headless chook."

Kitty ignored the queer response. "I feel a complete cow doing this. We were going to be so happy together and you would have been a great dad to Nick."

"Dad you said, but not father."

Kitty looked at the floor and said softly, "Nick can only have one father."

"Exactly what I thought," Jed said with conviction. "Make it work Kitty. Please call a cab while I pack and then call lucky Jerry."

Aunt Rebecca came to the gate to meet Jed. "Kitty had phoned me again; she's so upset and has asked me to be ever so kind to you. What do you wish to call me? Mrs Stiles -- I'm widowed -- or Rebecca?"

"Could I call you Aunt Rebecca?"

"Oh you darling boy," she said to the 30-year-old. "How absolutely charming of you. I am having some influential people for dinner tonight and it's your choice to eat out or join us Dr Smart."

Late afternoon when helping Aunt Rebecca set the table she said her niece might not arrive for dinner because of the crisis at work.

"What sort of crisis?"

"She's publisher of the Typhoon Daily. There's a spanner in the works and they might miss publishing overnight, the first time since publication ceased as a result of the exodus of volunteers to help in the war effort in 1916."

"Exactly what is a spanner in the works?"

"I really don't understand; it's something to do with the newspapers electronic production system."

"Is it a virus?"

"I don't think so."

"Did she refer to a computer crash?"

"No."

"Did she mention the words software corruption?"

"Yes, she did actually. She said..."

Jed was all action, virtually twitching. "Grab your car keys and take me to your niece."

"But you'll know nothing about their system."

"That's unlikely but it doesn't matter. I'm a highly trained software engineer, a rare breed who works on logic plus intuition boosted by the occasional ingenious irrational approach that sometimes works. I would still be doing it but got bored. But it's your niece and her people who face embarrassment if they fail to publish so you and I are the cavalry."

As they hurried to the car Aunt Rebecca said: "This is very exciting. She might date you if you succeed but don't get your hopes up because she's forty, almost over the hill."

"Whatever," Jed said, his mind working to narrow problem areas in the software, knowing the IT department would have already tried reinstalling suspected sections of software and used diagnostic software. As they neared the plant he said, "If it's this bad why didn't they call in experts from the suppliers."

"They are located in the south where airports are closed because of bad weather. Engineers are rushing east to the nearest operating airport."

The hassled niece Samantha said, "Two minutes Aunt Rebecca, two minutes is all I can spare."

Her aunt said firmly, "Well if the problem is not being fixed what is the urgency?"

"Because I have to run around looking like I'm leading the charge to fucking fix something," Samantha yelled.

"That bad language is uncalled for Sammy."

"Oh AR (Aunt Rebecca)," the stressed niece said, hugging her. "I'm sorry."

"Well," snorted her aunt, "Meet Dr Smart."

"A doctor who can give me Valium?" Samantha asked hopefully.

"Computer science."

Sammy's dull eyes lit and she brushed her blonde hair back. "Newspaper systems?"

"Some knowledge."

"Full production line systems?"

"I've worked on them."

Samantha almost whispered, "Software diagnostics."

"Yes, and pathology -- they were my former specialization."

"Oh Holy Jesus. Come with me."

Aunt Rebecca smiled and told Samantha, "Fetch him home in time for dinner."

Half an hour later Samantha with her management team watched the presses work up to a full-powered test run. And when the pressroom engineers began running the down to end the test the bystanders went to the staff cafeteria for coffee.

"It was fortunate for use you were familiar with our German-supplied presses," said the IT superintendent pouring whisky into Jed's coffee." Everyone hung on to Jed's reply.

"I guess every experience counts towards the whole but after I went through what you guys had done and checked and double checked I was confident if I looked at the big picture systematically I would find areas worth examining and then up it popped."

"The conveyer feed controller to wrapping," a senior engineer mused. "Command instructions were being run and re-run on continuous cycle instead of sequential cycle due to a slight controller malfunction, so slight it didn't report itself but signaled errors without logging them so when we analyzed the logs we couldn't detect where the problem was and why the whole system was shutting down."

"We don't need that crash team from the suppliers coming but they'll have to dissect the problem with the controller," said the supervisor.

"They'll send it to Germany and you guys can claim compensation for this entire stuff-up and if you are the first to report the fault if it's found to be potential endemic you'll get a fat reward," said Jed. "But that will be peanuts compared with them replacing all 7485-A-OOO6 controllers free of charge on all its presses."

A few minutes later Samantha took Jed by the arm and said, "Come on, I'm taking you to dinner."

She and Jed left to a barrage of whistles.

Outside the door Samantha stopped and gave Jed a long sexy kiss.

"Wow. Do you thank all your workmen like that?"

She grinned and said while he was examining print-outs she suddenly recognized who he was, the hero who'd saved Kitty McCain's baby."

"Kitty and I are related as I was a McCain from that family before my tragic marriage."

"Tragic?" Jed asked as they entered the elevator to the basement, suspecting it was an expected response.

"Gus was an older man and less than two years after our marriage he died in a plane crash and being his only surviving relative I inherited his publishing company -- well, he was the controlling shareholder. The board took command at my request and I worked up from sales manager to director of sales and then general manager and then publisher and vice-president. I become president in six months' time."

"I am sorry about your husband."

"So was I but that's water under the bridge. I was editor-in-chief at the time and that's how I met him. Our opposition newspaper described me as the sexiest editor in the country so Gus came down from his tower to have a look at me. His wife had not long run off with his chief attorney."

"How romantic -- er -- sorry for saying that."

Samantha smiled and said she liked a guy who could recognize a good story.

He took the risk. "I suppose you have a guy looking after you?"

Looking at him coolly, Samantha said, "I have several boyfriends on call. Are you about to suggest I add you to the list?"

Jed guessed he was halfway there if he impressed. "Don't think I'm greasing up to you insincerely when I say I figured you were an intelligent woman."

Samantha took him by the arm and led him from the elevator to her car. She asked didn't he think she was told old for him?

"What are you, thirty-nine?"

She sniffed.

"Dance, gamble, socialize, drink and like music?"

She sniffed.

"Are you sexually active, very sexually active?"

She breathed in audibly.

"I take that as a yes," he said taking the keys from her and hitting the security button and the lights of a white Mercedes lit up and the locks popped. "In that case please add me to the list."

Jed steered Samantha to the passenger side of her car and when seated, closed her door. When Jed was seated he decided to take the biggest risk of all: he leaned over and placed a hand high on her thigh. Samantha looked down at his hand and Jed kept looking at her. When he saw her lips open slightly he moved in slowly and kissed her and found himself being held tightly. When they broke she said, "I'll give you my answer after dinner tonight." Jed took that to mean he'd have to measure up socially.

After the last dinner guests including Samantha had gone, Aunt Rebecca yawned and said will you please help to clean up?"

Jed stifled a yawn and said, "Yes, of course."

"My guests all seemed to take to you well and keeping my eye on Sammy I suspect she'd decided to be a little naughty with you."

"That would be lovely. My impression is the women from the McCain family line I've met appear that way inclined."

Aunt Rebecca laughed and said Samantha was emotionally unstable and perhaps her association with Jed, however deep it became if he received the 'come on', it could be good for her. "Sammy tends to associate with males a little older than herself. It's time she was introduced to younger blood. McCain women enjoy lively sex."

Samantha called him right on midnight. "May I invite you to accompany me to my board of director's annual dinner on Saturday week?"

"Yes, I would be delighted but ask that I receive a tour of your entire establishment before that so I can take an intelligent interest in business conversation."

"There's not much business discussed because spouses find that boring."

"It doesn't matter."

"Very well. Mrs Gapp my PA will arrange that and be in touch with you and will arrange for you to be measured and fitted for a tuxedo at my expenses. AR said you arrived with only one travel bag."

"Thank you. May I have a casual date with you before then to help lose my shyness."

"I was thinking exactly the same thing for the very same reason. I'll be in touch."

The next Wednesday Jed toured the establishment with a gruff but very knowledgeable guy who was the company's chief information officer. The tour took almost three hours and Jed arranged to tour the huge commercial printing plant the next day with its assistant manager. On Sunday he met Samantha in a park as arranged by the super-efficient Mrs Gapp who'd earlier accompanied Jed to be measured for his tuxedo and returned for the first fitting on Friday where she'd be absolutely in command.

Samantha was sitting on a seat waiting when Jed arrived early.

"I was early to have the joy of seeing you arrive," he grinned.

Samantha said she was sorry and that she often was a disappointment to men. "Why did I arrive early?"

"To check that I arrived on time."

She smiled and said nothing.