Jennella Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I found a note asking why I hadn't called her that day and saying she was going to see Sandy after class and might spend the night. She said a dinner was in the oven for me. I was starting to get pissed. I checked my calendar and found that the coming weekend was an optional Army National Guard meeting for me. I hadn't mentioned it to Jen. I had skipped the last one so I needed to go. I got all my stuff ready to leave in the morning.

I called Trevor and Sandy's number and got a baby sitter.

I decided to drive to Tampa that night instead of leaving at 5 in the morning. I put on my uniform and drove to the college and found Jen's class. The class was taking a break when I got there. I finally found Jen. She was talking to a young man and didn't see me. The man had his arm around her waist.

I went back to the classroom and borrowed some paper from her professor. I wrote her a note. I said I saw her and her friend and didn't want to interrupt her and since she probably wasn't planning on going home to night anyway, not to bother because I wouldn't be there, I was going out of town.

I handed the note to her professor and asked him to please give it to her.

I drove on to Tampa and got a room. In the morning I reported to the Headquarters and Headquarters Company of the 53rd Infantry Brigade in the new Pinellas Park facility. It was a long and hard weekend. I didn't pull in to the house until 7 Sunday night.

The house was empty and I called Sandy's number. Sandy answered. "Mike where have you been?"

"Sandy I had to go to Tampa with the National Guard, is Jen there?"

"No, we are worried to death. We haven't heard from her. She stayed here Friday night. She was very upset because she was afraid you were pissed off at her. She went off in the morning but was supposed to be back that afternoon. We are real scared for her. Trevor is at the Police headquarters now. He is afraid Jack Hobson grabbed her."

"Has anybody seen him around?"

"Yes, we heard he was in town."

"That may well be, she has been avoiding me for the last four or five days, I guess she took up with him." "Mike, you are crazy, that girl loves you and would die before she would cheat on you. NO FUCKIN' WAY. She wouldn't do that."

"I went to see her at her class Friday night and she was sitting very close to a young guy on the break. He had his arm around her. I just left her a note. Let me call her professor and see if she got it. Call you right back." I called her professor and he said he gave her the note and that she read it and started crying. She left the class early. It didn't make sense to me. I called Sandy back and told her what I had found out. She didn't understand it either. Then she said, "The Edgewood Motel. That's where Jack Hobson always had a room."

"Call Trevor and tell him. I'm headed there myself right now." I heard her say, "No, be careful." But I ran to the den and got out my little S&W Combat Magnum and shoulder holster and armed myself. I took my Mossberg Mod.500 ATP-8S 12 gauge from its case and loaded it with double ought buckshot and was ready to go. I got Trevor's cell phone number from our phone number list by the phone. I punched it in my phone. I held off on hitting the call button until I was on the road.

He answered and said they were on the way and for me to meet him at the Sheriff's Office Substation on 441. He was there with a Swat Team when I pulled in. He yelled at me. I ran over. The first guy I saw was Tommy Good. He grabbed me and said, "I understand it is your wife."

"Yeah! Caution everyone that she may be with him."

"Are you armed Mike?" "Yes, I sure am." He grinned at me and slapped me on the arm. You still know how to shoot old buddy?" "I qualified on the National Guard Course yesterday. Shot a possible."

"Ok. Hold up your right hand and consider yourself deputized. Don't get me in trouble. Grab one of those POLICE vests over there. We are ready to roll." I ran to my car and came back with the Mossberg and climbed into Tommy's Car with him. Tommy grinned, "Reminds me of the old days, the best pistol shot I ever saw and he grabs a shot gun the first thing."

"That was because when we were partners I knew you couldn't hit anything and I would have to do it all."

"Hey! Here we are. There is there command post, come on let's find out what is going on."

We walked up to a group of men outside a large motor home festooned with all sorts of antennae. Tommy walked over to a large gray haired man in uniform. He said, "Sheriff, do you remember Mike Murphy?"

I sure do Mike, is that your wife in there?"

"Yes Sir it is. Are you talking to him yet? Is he still in the military?" "Yes, Mike, he is talking to us but not listening to us. He is a deserter as far as we can tell."

"Please let me try to talk to him."

"Smithers, see if we can get the 'perp' on the line, we have someone who wants to talk to him" I explained that I had had a run in with Hobson before.

I was handed a handset. He said, "Hello, who dis. I wanna talks to de big boss out der."

"Hello Jack, this is Jen's husband, we met before, remember."

"Ah remember ya mothafucka, what ya wants."

"I want my wife back, I am the military man here. You are military. I have jurisdiction. I have two Recon Teams from Camp LeJeune on the way. They'll be here in 45 minutes. If you surrender now the cops get you. Hold out a few minutes more and I get you. I only messed with you a little before. Think about what will happen if my wife is hurt. Your best chance is to come out right now or I will get my hands on you. I am already a little pissed at you. You don't want me real mad. Especially if my wife is hurt."

"Mike I am OK. Let me talk to him for three or four minutes, I love you."

The sheriff looked at me, "That your wife?"

I nodded as tears poured from my eyes. A speaker said, "Mike, are you there?"

"Yes dear, I am here. Go ahead."

"He will come out if you come and get him. He will let me go first."

"He has a deal, come on out; I am walking towards the door." I turned and yelled, "Don't trust him."

"I held my Mossberg in my hand and walked toward the door. I saw it open a little bit. Then the light inside went out. Shit! I could not see anything now. Then I saw Jen step out. "Hit the deck I screamed." She dropped like a rock and I was by her side in a second. I pulled her back quickly and pushed myself between her and the door. I heard a frightened voice whisper, "Ya out der mista? Tell 'em Ah comin' out wit ma han's up."

"Come on out then. Have both hands in plain view or we will shoot and discuss it later." The police lights concentrated on the door. I felt like we were in a spotlight on stage. I screamed, "Kill all but one light." The lights snapped off one at a time. They were all out and then one came back on. Meanwhile I pushed Jen further back behind me.

I couldn't see Hobson. I had the Mossberg in one hand aimed at the door. Then I saw a hand holding a M1911 Colt pistol aimed where we were crouched. I pulled the trigger as I saw flame blast from the muzzle of the gun. I felt myself being slammed back. I heard my Jen screaming and everything went black.

I was awakened by the sounds of people softly talking and crying. I tried to look around but couldn't tell what was going on. I yelled, "HEY! Hush up and let a guy get some sleep." But nothing came out. I felt hot wet drops on my face and soft warn lips press against mine. They pulled away. I said, "Please kiss me again, Jen."

I heard her scream, "He's alive."

People poked at me and did all sorts of things to me. They sounded happy, like a party. "Did I fall asleep at a party?" I fell asleep again. When I woke up later I felt much better. Jen was holding my hand tightly. I saw she was watching me. I saw Mom and Dad were there too. I smiled at all of them, "Did I fall asleep again?"

She leaned forward and gently kissed my lips. I tried to reach for her but my arms were restrained. She kissed me again on my lips. She quickly stood and turned away. I watched as she walked to my mother and they hugged and I could see Jen's shoulders heaving and could hear her sobbing. Mom's hands caressed her head and back. I turned a bit and saw my father looking at me. I said, "Dad, am I going to make it? I feel pretty damned sore all over. What is going on?"

"Mike you are doing great now. You took a .45 slug in the chest. Your heart got pretty chewed up by bullet fragments and pieces of bone from your ribs. You had three open-heart surgeries. We almost lost you several times. You are doing just fine now. We haven't been able to get your wife to leave your side since they brought you in here almost two weeks ago. I think she just let go of your hand for the first time in a longtime."

"Mom, how are you holding up?"

"I feel much better now. I love you son. All of us do."

I said, "I love all of you too! I think I knew Jen was here with me. I woke up and saw her several times and was happy she was here. Jen can you come where I can see you and feel you touch me?" Jen hurried to me and held one of my hands in both of hers. I looked at her carefully. She had dark marks under her eyes. She appeared to be exhausted and worn down. I was worried about her.

"Jennella, dearest Love, you are not taking care of my girl. I can't make it with out you. I need you healthy. Please go get about twenty hours of sleep, have a couple of good meals, then come back and take me home. Will you do that for me?" I looked at my parents, "Both of you look like hell too. You guys go too. I'll be fine. I'm going back to sleep anyhow." I slowly shut my eyes.

I felt lots better the next time I woke up. I had to pee real badly. Couldn't see how to press the nurse button. So I said. "Hey! I need some help here." A nurse appeared in just seconds. I told her my problem. She got a bedpan and held it for me. When I was through she wiped me and pulled the covers back up. I asked, "Is there any way a guy can get a Whopper, fries and a coke around here?" She laughed, "let me see what we can do. Wait here." And she left. Like how was I going anywhere with IVs in both arms and a cannula in my nose. The nurse was back in a little while. She said, "I know this is not what you wanted but I have a nice bowl of chicken and rice soup. Let me raise the head of you bed a bit and I'll feed you some of this soup."

It did taste good. I finished most of it. She grinned at me, "We are all so happy you are doing better. Everyone here has fallen in love with your sweet wife. She has been your primary care giver as long as you have been here. I don't know how she has managed to keep going so long, except that she loves you so much. Tonight is the first time I have ever come in here on any shift I was working when she was not here holding your hand or doing something for you. She always had a little smile and a cheery word for everyone."

"I sent her home to rest. She looked terrible. So did my parents."

"Yes, they have been here a lot too."

"When do you think I can go home?"

"I do not really know, but I would guess in a couple of day if you promise to take it easy."

"Do you happen to know what happened to Jack Hobson, the guy that shot me?"

"Yes I do, let's just say he won't be able to bother you from where he is now."

"Good, I was worried about him trying to get my wife again. I feel better now. I think I'll rest some now." Three days later I was wheeled out to our BMW and an orderly helped Jen get me in the front seat. She drove me home. I was sure glad to get there. Jen opened my door and I walked slowly into the house. I headed straight for my favorite recliner then changed my mind and sat on the couch. Jen fussed around for a while then asked if I needed anything. "Yes, woman, I sure do. I need my dear wife to come and sit next to me so I can hug her and kiss her to pieces."

"Oh! God, I can do that. I will love that. I have missed being close to you so much."

"Why girl, you didn't seem to miss me before I got shot?"

"What? We were both busy, that's all there was to it."

"Yeah! I saw how busy you were between your classes. I left you a note that night. Look Jen, I know you think you owe me for getting shot but you don't, just get on with what you want out of life. I am going to be fine. I just ask for a couple of days to get a little strength back and I will be out of your way."

"What are you talking about? You are not going any where."

"When are you leaving me then?"

"Leaving you? Never! I could never do that. Not ever. Why would I do that?"

"To be with that young guy you were with."

She stared at me, and then her face slowly began to smile.

"Mike Murphy there has never been another man for me since I first met you about three years ago. There will never be another man in my life. That was Toby Jensen; He lived next door for years. He is being sued for thousands of dollars for rape. He says he never did it. I was reading the suit with him trying to figure out what kind of case they had against him. It looks as if there is no evidence against him except her word against his.

"The girl claims to have DNA evidence that the child is his."

"What does she want from him? Does he have any money?"

"No, he is broke, I think she wants a name on the birth certificate. Other than that I don't know unless she is hiding the name of the real father."

"All of this is well and good, but why did he have his arm around you?"

"What? He never had his arm around me. I do remember him sitting close to me so we could both see the papers, and I do recall being nervous about him being too close to me. I'm sure I would remember if he had put his arm around me because that is when I would have slapped the shit out of him."

"I saw his arm definitely around your hip. I know because it pissed me off." She looked in my eyes, "If it was there I didn't know it. You have to know how much I love you. No other person will ever tough me sexually as long as I live." Tears ran down her face. How do you think I have felt since you got shot? You almost died saving me. I knew I wouldn't be able to go on without you. I have never wanted you to suffer even a scratch over me. I am not worth it. You don't deserve to be hurt. You are good to everyone and you have been like a God from heaven to me."

"Jen, I guess it was my fault. I couldn't get to talk to you for days and I had to go to Tampa for the weekend. I stopped by and I saw you were occupied and I said to hell with it, wrote you a note and left. I was wrong, I didn't trust you enough, but I thought you had been avoiding me for days. I was wrong there too."

"Mike, my dearest Mike, this will never happen again, it was all my fault, no husband should EVER have to wonder where his wife is. I realize that nothing in the world is as important as our communicating with each other and making time for having our special time together every evening even if we only talk. Please forgive me for not being there for you. That is the most important thing I do. I won't fail you again."

I looked in those brown eyes and saw the love. I felt her soft sweet lips press against mine and the troubles were lifted from my shoulders and I was at peace.

12