Joseph Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,666 Followers

She turned her attention to the back of the board when Professor Rizzo walked in. Many didn't like him or the way that he taught, but Lainie did. He was a hard instructor who expected his students to know the law. He cut no breaks unless it was something like a death in the family. It hadn't taken her long to realize something else. He liked being challenged. His wrinkled but chiseled face lit up when a student dared to argue with him. Lainie made a point of arguing with him every chance she got even when she knew that she would lose the argument. Every so often he would actually concede defeat. He would appear angry, but Lainie always saw the twinkle in his eyes. The lecture was over before she knew it. As she packed up, Professor Rizzo walked up to her and waited for her to look up at him.

"Have you applied for an internship anywhere?" he asked.

"Yes," Lainie replied curious as to why he was interested.

"May I ask with whom?"

"Richardson and associates," Lainie replied. "They're small but very successful..."

"I know who they are," Professor Rizzo interrupted. "Would you consider taking another offer?"

Lainie stared at him for a few seconds before responding.

"Whose firm?"

"Mine," he replied. "Lainie, you have one of the finest minds that I've seen in a long time. You know your law and you know how to think outside of the box. You're also not afraid to argue your point even if it is wrong. I need people like you. After you graduate and pass the BAR I am prepared to hire you in as an associate. I'll match whatever Richardson is offering you as an intern plus add to it. We can discuss your pay and benefits as an associate once you pass the BAR."

Lainie was flabbergasted. She knew of Rizzo's firm and that they handled some very high profile cases. Interning there would definitely look good on her resume.

"I don't know what to say," she said softly.

"When do you start at Richardson's?" Rizzo asked.

"Next week..."

"You can always change your mind," Rizzo said and walked away leaving a perplexed Lainie alone in the classroom.

What to do? Lainie asked herself during the bus ride home. More money would be nice but she wouldn't have the opportunity to experience different parts of the law if she went with Rizzo. But then, she had no real interest in criminal law and if she wanted to do pro bono she was sure that Rizzo would let her. By the time she got home, she had made up her mind.

Immediately she sat down at her laptop and drafted an email.

"Dear Mr. Richardson and associates,

I sincerely appreciate the offer to intern at your firm but I must decline. I have opted to take a position with a firm that I believe to be a better fit.

Thank you,

Lainie Nguyen

She reread the email and hit the send button. Then she sent an email to professor Rizzo accepting his offer and giving him the particulars of her deal with Richardson's. Afterwards, she had the vague feeling that she had just made a mistake.

******

Joseph sat at his desk looking through his emails. Most of them weren't important but he read them anyway. There was always a chance that one that looked unimportant was in fact crucial. Near the bottom was the email from Lainie. He read it and reread it not understanding why he felt disappointed. He had never met her. He had very little to do with the hiring of interns or the ancillary staff. In fact, he didn't know that one was hired until he saw them. He wondered how it had even ended up in his email. He shrugged the feeling of disappointment off and prepared to leave for the day.

*****

Robert looked over in disgust at the sleeping Lucinda. He had only stayed because he had no place else to go and he didn't have to work. The novelty of being a kept man had long worn off but not enough that he wanted to find a job and his own place. He simply had it too good. All he had to do was fuck Lucinda silly and the rest was gravy.

As he lay there, he began to think about Lainie and her perfect life. As always he got angry at his own stupidity. If he had played his cards right, he and Lainie would be married and living off of her parent's money. Once Lainie finished school, he would be living off of her money. Of course he would have had to work or at least be in school, but that would have been temporary.

He turned away from Lucinda unable to look at her anymore. He no longer saw the beautiful woman of three years before. What he saw was a harpy who was now demanding marriage. He didn't want to marry her or anyone else for that matter with the exception of Lainie if he could. Even that would have been for strictly mercenary reasons.

Lucinda let out a soft snore and then a fart. This wasn't a new thing but yet it bothered him immensely. He got out of bed, went to the bathroom closing the door softly behind him. He hoped that Lucinda slept through the shower. He didn't want to come up for a reason not to fuck her in the shower. He looked down at himself. Even though he didn't want her in the shower with him, he was rock hard. He closed his eyes as he wrapped his hand around his cock and thought about the first time he had taken Lainie.

*

They had been dating for a month before she would even allow him to cup her breast in his hand. He had been irritated but hid it well. The thing that helped was that after a date with Lainie, he went to see one of the girls that gave it up without a fight. He moved slowly with Lainie knowing that the wait would be worth it.

It was another month before he could slip his hand up her skirt and then another month before she would bare her top. All the time he whispered that he loved her and that she was the only one. He played upon her naiveté about men in general and before long she was letting him suck on her nipples while he massaged her mound through her panties. As of yet she had made no move to touch him. He took her hand and put it on his throbbing cock.

"See what you do to me baby?" he murmured against her ear. "That is for you. No one touches it except for you. "Rub it baby. Make me feel good."

She had hesitated but then began to rub him. He didn't know if it was because she was inexperienced, but it felt better than anything had in a long time. He directed her until he came in his pants.

"That was good," he assured her. "Now it's your turn."

He sucked on her small nipples and slipped a finger into the side of her panties. He grinned when she gasped when his finger touched her clit.

"Like that?" he asked around her nipple and then flicking his tongue across it.

Her breathing told him that she did. He sucked on her nipple harder as he slipped a finger deep inside of her. So tight he thought to himself as he gently moved the finger in and out of her. He could hardly wait to put his cock inside of her.

"Robert," Lainie moaned as she felt the first orgasm of her life approaching.

"It's alright baby," he soothed. "I've got you and you're going to feel real good. Trust me."

And she did. Lainie relaxed and allowed the orgasm to take over. After that night, she was ripe for the picking.

*

Robert yanked on his cock at the memory and then stopped. He hadn't thought about those times in years and he wanted to enjoy the memory. A moment later, he was stroking himself to the memory of the first time he had entered Lainie's virgin body.

*

He had taken her to his house. No one was home and wouldn't be until late. They started as they usually did, with him kissing her until she was asking for more. Over the months she had changed. She had become more assertive (his term) and said that she was ready for the next step. By this time her parents had forbidden her to see him but she was hooked. Her grades remained good and she had become the accomplished liar.

"Where did you tell them you were going?" he murmured against her neck.

"Study group," she replied cuddling closer to him. "Remind me to call them in a few minutes."

"Call now," Robert replied between kisses on her neck. "I plan to be very busy in a few minutes."

He watched as Lainie made the call and smiled. Little Lainie wasn't as perfect her parents thought. After the phone call, he stripped and let Lainie see him in all of his naked glory. He took a moment to thank his father who taught him all that he knew about making a woman come.

"You make her come and the bitch is yours," he had said repeatedly.

He had been right; Robert thought he looked at Lainie who was now undressing. She had long gotten over her nervousness about being naked in front of him.

"Lay down baby, I've got a special treat for you."

Lainie did as she was told. Robert got between her legs and grinned at her before bending his head and taking a long, slow swipe at her clit. He felt her tense and then relax as he did it again and again until she was raising her hips in search of his mouth. He spread her vaginal lips, took her clit between his lips and sucked. He heard her calling his name as she came on his tongue. He kept sucking and licking until he coaxed another orgasm from her.

At the end of the second orgasm, Robert climbed on top of Lainie and eased the head of his cock in.

"Do it," Lainie breathed. "Just do it."

He didn't need to be told twice. Robert gave one hard push and broke through her barrier. She cried out in pain but didn't stop him. Even if she had wanted him to, he couldn't and wouldn't have stopped. All too soon it was over. He remained seated inside of her, relishing the tightness wrapped around his cock. Then he remembered that he hadn't used a condom. There was a momentary panic that turned into an idea. If she were to get pregnant her parents would demand that he marry her hence...

"Was I okay?" a soft voice asked interrupting his thoughts.

"Yes baby, you were perfect," he replied as he rolled off of her. "So perfect in fact that I want to do it again. How about you?" he asked not really caring whether she wanted to or not.

By the time the evening was over, they had sex or fucked as Robert called it three more times. Each of those times was without the use of protection. Whether the thought crossed Lainie's mind or not he didn't know nor did he care. As much as he hated her and her family, she had become a way out of his current life. If there had to be a kid in order to make that happen; then so be it.

*

He was about to come when he heard Lucinda's reproachful voice on the other side of the shower curtain.

"Shit!" he moaned as the curtain opened and Lucinda stepped into the shower.

"Let me help you with that," she said as she dropped to her knees.

Robert closed his eyes as he slid into Lucinda's waiting mouth. As she sucked and licked, Robert imagined that it was Lainie and her first time sucking him off. He came with his head thrown back and a bellow. He was barely conscious that he was holding Lucinda's head in place as he pumped wildly into her mouth. When he was through, he released her and stepped out of the shower without reciprocating the favor. She would have to get over it. He had plans to make.

*

Lainie showed up at Rizzo, Santini and associate's bright and early. She was forty five minutes early since she had to take public transportation. While she waited she filled out all of the necessary paperwork, signed it and handed it back in. She didn't miss the snide and angry way that the receptionist looked at her. After trying and failing to initiate a conversation, Lainie gave up. She looked around the plush, expensively decorated office and felt unsettled. Instead of questioning why she felt that way, she attributed it to nerves and excitement.

Her mind had just begun to wander toward...

"You must be Lainie," a soft tenor voice said. "I'm Marcus Santini -Mr. Rizzo's partner."

"Hello," Lainie said as she stood up. She had to look up at the man speaking to her. He was handsome but in her estimation- too handsome. There wasn't a hair out of place, his hands were immaculately groomed and his suit probably cost more than the rent on her house.

"I've heard nothing but excellent things about you," Marcus said as he extended his hand. "According to Lou, you're the brightest student he's seen in a long time. Welcome aboard."

"Thank you," Lainie replied accepting the offered hand. "I'm hoping to learn a lot here."

"Interning is a thankless job, but you will learn; that I can promise you. I assume that you've met Arlene?"

"Yes we've met," Lainie replied looking at the woman who was glaring at her.

"Good, Arlene would you please show Lainie where to put her things and give her a quick tour of the building? I can take care of the phones."

Lainie could tell that Arlene wasn't happy with the idea and wanted to object. Instead she plastered on a fake smile and stood up.

"Let's go, shall we?" she asked with forced cheerfulness.

She strode past Lainie without really looking at her. When Lainie caught up to her, she was ignored-until they were behind closed doors.

"Look here," Arlene said coldly. "I'm going to give you the same talk I give to every pretty young thing that walks through these doors. I don't give a rat's ass that Mr. Rizzo thinks that you're the cat's meow. If you go anywhere near Mr. Santini, I will find a way to get rid of you. Got it?"

Lainie blinked in surprise at the attack and understood the woman's attitude toward her. She was in love with Mr. Santini and sentiment didn't seem to be returned. Lainie waited until Arlene was done talking and tried to reassure her that she was there to work and learn.

"Listen, I'm not here to tramp on your or anyone else's toes. I'm here to work and learn. Mr. Santini is yours- I'm not interested."

"That's what they all say at first," Arlene snapped.

The feeling that she had made a mistake in accepting the position with Rizzo returned. But she was stuck. She was almost positive that the intern position at Richardson's was gone. She had no choice but to stay where she was and stay out of Arlene's way.

"I swear to you," Lainie said holding her hands up in surrender. "I have no interest in him or anyone else for that matter. I have a boyfriend." The lie slipped out before she thought about it. She felt guilty and then relieved as she saw Arlene relax.

"What's his name?"

"Oh it's... Robert," Lainie replied saying the first name that came to her mind. Later she would wonder why she chose that name.

The rest of the tour passed in a more amicable manner. Arlene became more pleasant, animated even but Lainie didn't trust her. She would have to watch her back. By the time they got back to the front office, Mr. Rizzo had arrived. Arlene was acting like her new best friend and Lainie played along.

By noon, she was back on the bus and headed home. Two hours later, she decided that there was some merit to what her parents said about her having a car.

"You don't have to drive it all of the time," her father said softly, "but there will be nights when you will be late and the idea of you taking the bus at night disturbs me."

Lainie argued that she had always taken the bus with no issues and that a car wasn't necessary.

"This is true," her father agreed, "but you know that I have never liked the idea. Now I must insist that you have a car."

The argument ended with Lainie promising to think about it. Now she was seriously considering it. The thing was that her father would want her to have a brand new car. She knew what he would say.

"It is a graduation gift from me and your mother. Please accept it as such."

She would argue with him-and lose. The only question was what kind of car she would get and when. As soon as she got home, she called her parents and told them about her decision. They planned to fly in the following weekend to go car shopping.

That conversation over, Lainie changed into more comfortable clothes and settled in for a night of studying. She sat at her desk and began to read. Somewhere along the way, her mind drifted to the past.

*

She could still remember the first time she laid eyes on Elliot Robert Mitchum. To her he was like the ultimate dessert that she would and could never have. He was tall, good looking and definitely out of her league. She was nothing like the girls that he surrounded himself with. She was pretty but not glamorous. She didn't wear designer clothing although her family could afford it- she just wasn't interested. She was quiet and surrounded herself with people similar to her. She was near the top of her class scholastically and all she did was concentrate on her grades.

She was invited to a few parties but never attended especially when she found out what happened at the parties. More than one girl ended up pregnant after going to a party, getting drunk and then having sex with several of the boys. She wanted no part of it and soon earned the reputation as a snob. That's why when Robert spoke to her, "I haven't seen you here before," she was shocked.

She had heard that he sometimes went to the parties but he always wore protection. Little by little he had worn her down until she agreed to go out with him-providing her parents agreed. As Robert integrated himself more and more into her life, she had less and less time for her real friends. The girls that surrounded Robert gradually accepted her and began giving her tips on how to do her hair. Deep down Lainie knew that they weren't sincere and that they weren't her true friends but it felt good all the same.

One day, one of her friends pulled her aside.

"Lainie what are you doing with them?" he asked. "That guy is a jerk and a scumbag and he's using you."

"No he isn't!" Lainie protested.

"Yes he is," Brad replied. "I hear the talk in the locker room. His only goal is to get inside your pants..."

"You're just jealous!" Lainie snapped.

"No... you're wrong, well- I may be a little jealous, but Lainie; I'm your friend and I care about you. He doesn't...

Lainie walked off not giving Brad a chance to finish. Years later she would often wish that she had let him finish. She couldn't say that she would have believed him, but maybe something would have stuck her as true.

"Hindsight is twenty-twenty," she muttered under her breath and went back to her memory.

Brad and another one of her friends had tried one more time to get her to see reason but she had turned a deaf ear. Soon after that, her old friends stopped talking to her. Robert's friends had become her friends. She began writing his papers for him helping him to pull his grades up. Her attitude toward her parents had begun to change. She no longer saw them as caring about her; she saw them as controlling her. They forbade her to see Robert- something in her mind they had no right to do. She was a junior in high school and smart enough to make her own decisions- so she thought. She hadn't been aware of how much she was listening to Robert and his friends. That realization wouldn't occur until her senior year.

During her junior year, she became the one thing that her parents despised- a liar. The more she did it, the less guilt she felt and the easier it became. It wasn't long before she could look her parents in the face and lie without blushing. The one thing that kept her secrets safe was that she maintained her grades. By the end of her junior year; Robert's senior year she was sneaking away every chance she got. There were a few close calls, but she didn't get caught until the middle of her senior.

At this memory, Lainie closed her eyes and pushed it away. It was simply too painful of a memory. She wiped tears away from her eyes. She forced herself to think about something else. What came to mind was her new job. The feeling that she had made a mistake was back and even stronger than before. She thought about calling to see if the position at Richardson's had indeed been filled. The only thing that stopped her was pride. She wasn't about to renege on her agreement with Rizzo and then go crawling back to Richardson's because she had screwed up.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,666 Followers