Journal of an Agent Ch. 25

Story Info
Dean meets up with Alyson Hannigan.
9.9k words
4.33
56.3k
4
0

Part 23 of the 28 part series

Updated 10/23/2022
Created 05/22/2001
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Feedback and suggestions always welcome. This is a continuation from chapter 24, read the note below to catch up. The next four chapters will consist of one long story line, so make sure you follow along if you want to enjoy the story to it's fullest.

* * * * *

Standard Disclaimer:

You must be 18 to read this story, be able to read erotica in your community, not be offended by the contents of it...blah blah, you know the rest.

This story may be distributed freely, for commercial or non-commercial use, but PLEASE leave my email/name on it! That's all I ask!

This is Part 25 of an ongoing series. Yes I know the celebs don't act like this in real life, but this is a fantasy after all.

* * * * *

(In the last chapter, our hero Dean was run off the road by a mysterious man in a large black truck. Plunging off the guard rail off a cliff into the cold, blue Pacific ocean below, we pick things up in mid air, moments from impact into the water)

It's true what they say about your life flashing before your eyes right before you think you are going to die. For me, that happened in those few seconds right before my BMW landed like a breaching whale into the dark ocean off the California coast. I saw lots of things and lots of people - my family, my friends, the girls who had broken my heart, the girls I had fallen in love with and all the flings and one night stands in between.

I could see nothing in front of me beyond the black horizon that the headlights lit up, a dizzying sense of floating overwhelming me as I braced for the thud into the water. By some sort of miracle, my car managed to hit the water almost completely level, the front end where the engine lay pulling me down only slightly. Whatever you can imagine falling off a cliff over 100 feet into water below is nothing compared to what it really feels like.

With all the grace of a brick hitting concrete, my car smacked into the crashing surface of the waves with a jolt, sending my head rocketing towards the roof of the car painfully, the force of the hit enough to break my jaw, my mouth filling with blood immediately. And for a moment, just a split second, after I hit the water, I felt like I was going to be okay. As if the water would somehow float my car and let me gently swim away from it to shore. But then the reality of physics took hold and I began to sink, nothing but deep ocean bottom beneath me to stop the plunge. The first thing I felt after I hit was the icy cold January water seeping in through the cracks at the doors. Slowly at first, then coming in as a torrent, the air escaping from cracks and holes in the cars frame work that I didn't even know existed. The water rose quickly, first to my ankles, then to my knees, and then to the middle of my chest, before I even had a chance to react.

The engine had gone dead now, all that fancy safety technology for walking away from an accident useless as I sank. I struggled with my seat belt, my instincts taking over now as I didn't act rationally but only like an animal, struggling to survive. I saw out of the corner of my eye the surreal image of the water overtaking the night sky above me as I sank. The water was up to my neck now as I lifted my head towards the roof, grasping at all the air I could suck into my lungs. My body was cold, colder than I had ever been in my life, as the water finally finished seeping in, filling every available pocket of space in the vehicle. I held my breath, opening my eyes to look around in the murkiness of the vehicle, trying to make out familiar shapes. Thankfully, the headlights of the car were still somehow on, allowing me enough light to tell what was up and what was down. My mind raced as I tried to think of what I had in my car that was heavy, what I could use to break the window and swim out, my only chance for survival now.

I felt the car gently land with a thud on the bottom of the sea floor, the front plowing softly into the mud and mirk, kicking up dirt all around me. Half swimming, half leaning, I felt around in the backseat for something, ANYTHING to help me. My lungs burned now, running out of air as I frantically tried to escape. I had always been able to hold my breath longer than my childhood friends growing up, and I hoped that skill would pay off now. My head felt dizzy now, things becoming black all around me as the car belched and spit out gases and air from...the trunk? Yes, of course!

I grabbed onto the back seat of the car, feeling around blindly for the switch that I knew would lower the seat and open up into the trunk. My hand finally touched onto a hard piece of plastic and I yanked, pulling hard. The pressure inside the car fought me, but after a moment I was able to get the seat down and see inside the pitch black of the trunk. I jammed my body halfway in, seeing that the trunk had not yet filled totally with water (God bless those Germans and their water tight design, I thought). I pushed my nose to the surface by the roof of the trunk, my face hitting the metal of the inside as I inhaled a whiff of life saving air. The water from the rest of the car was quickly filling in, gurgling like a stream into the air pocket.

Wedging my whole body now inside the trunk, I felt around for what I knew would save me: the child lock in the trunk. If I could just open that, whose very design was to keep people from suffocating inside of car trunks, I could use the force of the air inside to counteract the water pressure and hopefully get out. My hand touched it and I grabbed hold, pulling. It didn't budge. Frantic now, I yanked harder and harder, putting the weight of my shoulder against it. Things were going black now, my lungs on fire like the hottest fires of hell, and my body began to feel weak and tired, as if I had no energy left. Determined, I kept focused not on the pain that had spread from my lungs to my chest and legs, but onto the effort of pushing against the trunk. Finally, just as I was about to lose conscience completely, I felt a pulling on the other side of the trunk as the buyoancy that was left in the car, combined with my shoving and jostling, opened the trunk door.

By now there was nowhere else for the water to go and once the trunk was opened, the pressure seemed to magically dissapear. Inspired by my success, I wriggled out from the trunk and into the open water. I could make out the faint light of the moon above me, which meant that I was not too deep in the water. Kicking my legs like crazy, I moved agonizingly slowly up to the surface of the water.

Feet seemed to pass like miles as I raced as hard as I could, my last bit of energy spent on moving upwards towards the surface. Time seemed to slow down to a crawl as I kept my eyes focused above me, the pain of the water rushing against them, the salt from the sea stinging each and every nerve cell, almost unbearable. The light became more and more clear now and I couldn't tell if I was near the surface or dying. Still I kicked.

A second later, just as the last strength in my legs escaped me, my head broke the surface. I gasped deep, rich breaths of air, my body feeling as if it was without any weight. I thrust my arms to the surface and treaded water with strength I didn't know I had. A wave crashed on top of me, plunging my head back under for a second, but I held on and fought, pulling myself back to the surface. Blinking my eyes rapidly, I tried to get my bearings to see how far from shore I was.

Off in the distance, I saw a series of rocks jutting from the water and began to half swim, half float to them, the strength of the waves carrying me most of the way. I reached them within a few strokes and my hands brushed over the slimy surface of their jagged edge as my fingers wrapped tightly onto them, clinging desperately. The rock I had flung myself onto was big, it's point sticking out about three feet over the waves. The neighboring rocks around it were also quite large and I noticed one with a smooth, flat surface to it. Letting go of the one I held to, I made my way slowly to it.

I managed to get my foot onto a jutting crevice beneath it, my heavy leather shoes providing very little traction. I climbed upwards onto it and collapsed onto the base, my fingers hugging the otherside tightly.

My jaw ached and my fingers were red and bloody from the encounter with the rocks, the stinging water and it's coldness making them throb, but I knew I had made it. I was alive.

I don't know how long I clung to that rock, or how I made it to shore, nor do I remember waking up in the hospital, my mouth numb from pain medicine and my body wrapped tightly in blankets to get warm. Opening my eyes was an effort in and of itself, but I was glad that when I did open them, I saw Damon, my assistant, standing there.

"Hey man, you're awake," he said. He was sitting in a chair near the bed, his clothes looking like he had slept in them.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"You're in a hospital just outside of Santa Monica. Some surfers found you this morning, passed out on some rocks and they took you to shore. Lucky for you they were considerate enough to say it was an accident and not let the police know about what happened. Your jaw was bleeding pretty badly and the doctor says you lost three of your back teeth, but at least you are alive," he said gravenly. They must have found my wallet and called the office. I'm sure that when they couldn't reach anyone, they called Damon, who was one of the emergency contacts in case anything happened to the agency.

Feeling around in my mouth with my tongue, which felt heavy and thick, I noticed the gap he was talking about. Two teeth were missing in the very back of my mouth on the left side and one on the right. I must have knocked them out when I hit the roof right as the car splashed down.

"How long have I been asleep?" I asked groggily. My mind was beginning to unfog as I tried to remember what had happened to get me here.

"Well, you were in shock when they brought you in, screaming like a banshee the doctor said, so they gave you some morphine and knocked you out. How do you feel?" Damon asked.

"I feel like shit. But I'll make it through. What about the cops? What do they know about the people who sent me into the water?" I asked.

"Cops? No one even knows what happened yet, it happened too late last night. We don't even know how you got into the water in the first place. Unless of course, you'd like to TELL me what happened," Damon said, his face showing that he was eager to know more.

I proceeded to recount as best as I could remember the details of what happened: How after leaving the office following a wonderful night with Julia Stiles, I followed a guy who had been sneaking around the office. And how he had called me on my cell phone (something I still didn't know how he got) and then how I had been run off the road and barely managed to escape from the car.

Damon's face had turned ashen almost, taking in every detail with a look of shock and confusion and anger.

"So who do you think it was? Why would someone try to kill you like that? I mean, no offense man, but you aren't anybody THAT famous," Damon said, standing up now and pacing the room as he lost himself in thought.

"That my friend is the $64,000 question. When I get out of here, I'm going to set out to figure that out," I said, trying to sit up in the bed. Damon rushed over to stop me.

"No, no, hey bro take it easy. The doctor said you can leave first thing in the morning but he wants you to stay the night just in case there was any kind of internal damage. Let me go get him in here and you can explain what happened," Damon said, walking out the door.

I collapsed back onto the sterile pillow of the bed, the drabness of the room sedative in it's decorum. The doctor and Damon returned in a few minutes and after mentioning the part about being run off the road, the doctor called for the one duty police officer in the hospital to come and take my statement. By the time I finished telling the story for the third time, I was exhausted. Damon told me that he would let me get some sleep and left me alone in the room flicking off the light as I slipped off into a drug induced dream.

The next day, after checking myself out from the hospital, I returned to the office, determined to find out what happened. I was surprised when I arrived to find that the entire staff had gotten me one of those oversized novelty cards and signed it. And on top of that, Damon presented me with a normal size card, adorned with signatures from some of the firms best and brightest clients.

"I acted discreetly about this, getting as many as I could last night. I didn't want to tell anyone why you were in the hospital so that it didn't sneak into the papers again like what happened with Natalie. So I just told them you were sick," Damon whispered as he handed me the card.

"Thanks man, I really appreciate that. But right now, I want to get to the bottom of this thing," I said as I walked quickly into my office.

"Uh Dean," Damon called to me as I opened the door.

"What?" I said, stepping in and in the process bumping right into and knocking over Alyson Hannigan.

"Oh! Geez Alyson, I didn't see you standing there! Damon, why didn't you tell me that she was in my office?" I said, shooting him a scowl from across the room as I bent down to help her up.

"I tried to. But you didn't slow down," he said. I shot him another dirty look but then returned my attention to Alyson.

"I'm terribly sorry," I said as I helped her to her feet.

"That's ok. I heard you outside but I shouldn't have even been waiting in your office in the first place. That's what waiting rooms are for I guess," Alyson said sheepishly.

"No, don't worry about it," I said as I made my way to my desk. "I'd ask you to come in and have a seat but we've already taken care of that part I think. Now, to what do I owe this privilege?"

"Well, I had made an appointment with you last week. Damon said this was the only time you were available. So I get up early and drive all the way here to see you and then he tells me that you were in the hospital all night! Are you okay?" she asked, a look of concern on her face. Alyson wore a jean jacket with a white t-shirt underneath and a pair of black Capri pants. Her short red hair was pulled back behind her ears.

"No, it's fine. I'm fine. Just a little late getting in, that's all," I lied. Part of me was putting up my business front while another part of my mind was still stuck fiddling with the puzzle in my head over what happened yesterday.

"You sure? Your face looks a little, well, swollen," she said, pointing to my right cheek. I ran a hand over it and it was a little hard and puffy I could tell.

"Yeah, it's no problem. I just had some trouble with my jaw. Any ways, what's up?" I asked, changing the subject.

"I came to ask for your advice on my career," she said with a deep breath.

"Well, I'm your agent. That's what I'm here for. You want off of Buffy, is that it?" I asked, shuffling some paper work on my desk but not really paying attention to her.

"No, I love 'Buffy' and being on the show and all that. I was talking more about my film career. I want to do more movies, but I'm afraid that I'm going to be type cast as the 'One time, at band camp...' girl," she said. Her legs were crossed and she bounced an ankle up and down on her thigh. I had seen many women do this before - it meant that they had something on their mind and they were determined to do it.

"Ok. But Alyson, those movies aren't exactly a bad thing. They've made almost $500 million combined in box office receipts alone. Do you know what kind of power that has when I go to the bargaining table with a studio? It's tremendous," I said to her.

"I know that. And again, they are a lot of fun to do. But I want something else. I want something deeper, something besides a catch phrase and a running gag," she said.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Well, something more dramatic. Something more...sexy," she said, shaking her head in self agreement with what she had just said.

"Sexy? Alyson, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but you've only gotten into this business as far as you have not because you are sexy. You're cute, your attractive. You have that girl-next-door look going for you. Sorry, but Sarah Gellar is the type who exudes sexiness. Not you, not in the roles you have done so far in your career," I said. I hated being so blunt, but sometimes stars egos get out of control and they think that they can do any kind of role.

Alyson looked shocked - as if someone had just killed her beloved puppy or something. She stood up from her chair furiously.

"You! You can't say that...you're my agent! You can't...I mean, I'm...don't tell me...I am too sexy!" she said, the anger in her voice rising. Her copper red hair flew wildly around her head, her face turning a deep shade of red in her anger and frustration, her high cheek bones and freckles looking like spotted apples.

"Alyson, calm down. I've had a rough past 24 hours. I didn't mean to be so harsh on you, it's just...I have a lot on my mind, that's all,"

Alyson sighed to herself and I could tell she was mulling over if I was being honest or not. "I wish you could tell me why things were so rough, but Damon out there said that it was a personal problem. Regardless, I still can't believe you don't think I could pull off a sexy role. Didn't you see my pictures in FHM?"

"Yes, I did. And that was quite the interview you gave. But again, it all comes down to how the audience perceives you. Buffy fans wouldn't have a problem with it I'm sure, but the rest of the general public I'm not so sure about. And to get those kind of vamp roles, you have to be sure about it or else the studios will go with someone else," I said to her, reclining back in my chair. My jaw and head throbbed mercilessly and though I enjoyed Alyson's company, I simply wasn't in the mood to get into a long argument with a star over her roles.

"Hmm...well, I'll tell you what. Why don't you come over to my place tonight. I'll fix you dinner and then I'll show you how sexy I can be," Alyson said with a wry smile as her fingers danced invitingly over the leather of the chair she sat in.

I pondered the invitation for a moment - my mind and most of my body said to just go home and recuperate, but as always my dick had other ideas. "Alright. What time?" I said with a half smile, half sigh.

"Let's say 7:00. You have my address in your Rolodex, right?" she said. I nodded. "Great! Ok, I'll see you then. Oh and Dean, it would be very gentlemanly of you to bring some wine you know,"

"I'll see what I can do. See you at 7:00," I replied as Alyson walked out of the office, her hips swishing as she walked. Was she really not cut out for a sexy role? I honestly didn't know. I knew that tonight though, I'd find out.

That afternoon, I busied myself with a mountain of contracts and submitted forms by wanna-be actors and actresses. It was incredible the amount of girls that came in and left their resumes. Girls of all colors, dispositions and types - black, white, asian, thin, voluptuous, runway model thin, brown hair, blond hair, black hair, GREEN hair...after a while, they all started to look alike. Part of me felt bad that most of these women would try so hard to get into the business and yet never make it. Some would return home heartbroken; others would wind up staying in town, finding another wanna-be actor (or actress) and shack up together, further expanding LA's population. And even a handful ended up in the adult film world, making pornos for the quick money that it brought about. And yet, here I was in the middle of everything, knee deep in some of the hottest stars and I hadn't done a damn thing to earn it. The accident the night before had put things in perspective - maybe I needed a change of scene. Maybe I needed something new and fresh. But now was not a good time, I couldn't just walk away. Not with so much to do and so many people depending on me...