Julie and Dom

Story Info
An older man and a med student find romance.
6k words
4.56
39.3k
14
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Notes: This story represents my first finished attempt to write a longer sex focused story with identifiable, unique characters as opposed to the more general approach of my previous stories. You can probably imagine that putting it up leaves me both excited and a little intimidated. As always I really appreciate feedback both positive and negative but especially constructive.

I'd also like to profusely thank Estragon who helped me with many of the details of the story. Ultimately, he didn't think this final draft was something he wanted to attach his name to, but anyone who has read my unedited writing (like this note) and then the story will understand that he was a profound influence for good on me. So thank you Estragon for your support, patience and wisdom. Even if this story is not up to your standards, it's MUCH better for your involvement.

***

Domenico "Dom" Delpuerto lived with the kind of ersatz grandiosity that seemed to be the birthright of Italian men. His patterned button down shirts didn't come close to enclosing his neck until well into the autumnal months leaving a broad swath of his tanned chest proudly on display. A gold chain hanging around his neck in case anyone's eyes should fail to be drawn to his built up pectoral muscles. His salt and pepper hair wasn't too long, but it had an anarchic poof that made it seem ready to explode out even farther, especially when his thick lips pulled back in a wild grin and his crow's feet somehow made his blue eyes sparkle brighter rather than making him seem old.

In Dom's case the book matched the cover exactly. His personality was like his hair, mercurially living at the very edge of the acceptable, always poking and probing for its chance to burst out. He married three times before he figured out that the kind of woman he could love enough to marry was the kind of woman who was as unsuited to settling down as him. He still thought fondly of each of his exes, at least enough for the occasional casual communication.

After accepting that he'd never do his mother's memory the honor of marrying for good he embraced all the epicurean pleasures. Granted, at his age the best fish in the sea had been largely snatched up, but there were still some real winners out there, and as a purveyor of art he appreciated the beauty of younger women like a museum display: look but don't touch!

Julie Chang made it very easy to look. The young med student had moved into the house next door with three other girls who attended the nearby university. Dom thanked his lucky stars every day since. Julie and her housemate Vasha, were serious runners and as spring started to make the air muggier their already light running clothes became downright scant.

Today Julie wore a gray Harvard tank top she had picked up while college hunting, pale green bra straps on her shoulders, a pair of red running shorts that didn't really hide much of her long legs, and sneakers. Her mid-shoulder length dark hair was tied back from her face, and little rivulets of sweat trickled down her body as she tilted her head back and squirted some water from her bottle into her mouth.

The flower bed that Dom was tending was quite pretty. They were not what he was looking at. Julie ambled to the side of her house and proceeded to stretch, bracing against the wall balance. As he furtively studied the curve of her golden tanned thigh Dom hoped that Johnson had earned a special place in heaven for the Immigration Act of 1965. He'd never had a chance with an Asian of any variety and watching the succulent Chinese runner come down off her athletic high made him wish he was 20 years younger.

"Looks like you had quite the run," he said casually, taking a break from his plants to lean over the railing at the edge of his porch garden. She turned to him, grinning, hands on her hips, firm, pear-sized breasts rising and falling with each heavy breath. Her sweat made the thin material of the tank top cling to her body in a way Dom was careful not to appreciate too much.

"Yeah, well, you know we'll see how long the good weather holds. Gotta enjoy it while I can!" As she spoke she had a sloppy grin spread across her face, and as much as Dom loved bodies there was nothing like the way the right kind of girl's face lit up when she smiled.

"Heh, at my age I worry about more than the weather lasting."

"Whatever, I'm sure you'll bury us all," Julie said, cocking her head with a sparkle in her exotic brown eyes.

"And is that your expert opinion, Dr. Chang?" Dom retorted, hunching forward a bit as he answered her grin with a grin of his own. He might be too old to do anything, but he'd be damned if he was too old to enjoy flirting with a pretty young thing.

"Hm, well not until your insurance forks over some money and you wait 40 minutes to see me."

"That's the first thing they teach you in med school, isn't it?"

"First and only!"

Dom chuckled as he considered the cheeky young woman. He hadn't really had that much interaction with his neighbors, certainly not like the old days when living on a block meant being part of a community. Mostly it had been just reflexive pleasantries, but he really did like Julie. She had a spark in her that he remembered having himself, and being around it was like old times again. He felt an impulse, and he'd never been one to fight his impulses.

"In lieu of insurance, how about a drink? I've got a great merlot and they say I'm an alcoholic if I drink it alone."

Julie was a bit startled by the proposal. She'd had a few brief exchanges with Dom before, but it had mostly been perfunctory chatter by the numbers. They lived in different worlds and the sudden invitation broke their settled rhythm.

"Maybe later," she said, carefully hedging her words. "Right now, you know, I'm all gross from running."

"Sure, sure, wine just gets better with age."

As he watched Julie head into her house, the smile on Dom's lips felt disjointed and awkward. There was a time when he would have shrugged off a declined invitation, but the look on her face when he'd asked was a painful reminder that he was past the age when he could just be out there on the prowl. Glumly, he turned his attention back to his flowers.

***

The invitation stayed in Julie's head as she took her shower. The mindless routine of scrubbing down did nothing to distract her from it. She hadn't meant anything personal by declining his offer, but she could see in his face that he had felt it was personal. Julie had never been as good at mixing it up as she wanted. Her instinct was to follow her routine and let things take their course. She'd been working on that instinct ever since it had left her alone and depressed as a freshman in college, separated from the friendships she'd spent years nursing.

So what if Domenico wasn't the kind of person she normally hung out with? Or was expected to hang out with? He was charming, they meshed well, and as neighbors they certainly saw each other enough to be social.

Although it still hadn't clicked in her head by the time Julie had wrapped herself in a towel, she had subconsciously resolved to take Dom up on his offer. When she reached her closet to get dressed the decision had percolated into her conscious mind and she knew she was dressing for a visit.

Julie's fashion sense had always run toward the bland and practical, so if she wasn't going out clubbing (and she generally wasn't) it was easy to pick out an outfit. Given the increasingly summery weather she opted for an eggshell halter and a thin, ruffled, oak brown skirt that hung loosely around her knees and a pair of tan flip flops. She got her hair back with a black scrunchy, grabbed her bag and was out the door.

As she crossed the brief green space between the houses the strangeness of the rendezvous threatened to give Julie cold feet. She barely knew the guy and he was at least old enough to be her father. But it was just a social call for some drinks, right? A neighborly thing.

When Dom answered the door he was surprised to see the pretty med student standing there freshly cleaned up from her run. His surprise must have shown because she shot him a coy smile. "Is it too late to stop your descent into alcoholism?" she asked.

"Well, generally when pretty ladies ask me to come in I say no, but for you exceptions can be made."

She chuckled and stepped inside, glancing around and taking in the décor. The room was not big, but it got a cozy snugness from the various knickknacks that crowded every surface. A lifetime of travels accumulated in the house, from pictures to artifacts to books and maps. Julie, who fancied herself a bit of an aspiring traveler herself, was drawn to an image of a much younger Dom looking like a young Frank Sinatra in khakis, perched on a rock in front of a sweeping verdant vista.

"You like it?" Dom asked, coming up behind her. "I think that was South Africa, must have been the late seventies."

"Oh yeah, it's beautiful," Julie answered wistfully.

"You gotta travel when you're young," Dom playfully chided, heading to his bar to retrieve the promised bottle.

"Oh, I try," Julie said, breaking away from the picture and sauntering towards the bar where Dom stood, cradling the bottle.

"What did that Yoda guy say? 'Do or do not, there is no try.'"

Julie laughed and leaned forward, resting her elbows on the bar. "Well I do! I've been around you know, mostly Asia and South America, still working towards the rest of the world."

"That so?" Dom asked as ran the corkscrew into the bottle, glancing at Julie out of the corner of his eye, considering her, then popping the cork and pouring two glasses.

"It is indeed."

Dom raised his glass and Julie followed. "To travel."

"To travel," Julie agreed, clinking their glasses together then taking deep sips as each appraised the other.

Domenico's mother had been a consummate Italian woman and, while Dom would never match her propensity for overwrought hospitality, he certainly wouldn't let any guest leave until they had been wined and dined. He broke out all kinds of finger food, reminding her that it was the crappy store-bought stuff and that she needed to give him some warning if she wanted to see what REAL food was. She laughed and enjoyed the food and sipped her wine until a red glow had settled on her cheeks.

She hadn't meant to stay for long, but between her host's food and stories she found herself staying and listening and laughing. They swapped stories of their travels, of their ethnic families, good meals and cheap rooms. She heard about his ex wives, he heard about her struggles to learn English in elementary school. She related her fears about medical school; he assured her things tended to wind up okay.

As they talked and talked and talked Dom noticed Julie rolling her shoulders every now and again. At first he tried not to bother her about it, but after a few times he gave in and pointed it out.

"You're looking a little tense there."

"Yeah, med school will do that to you," she said with a wistful smile. "My little sister used to give the best back rubs but now I'm here and she's off in college."

"Making her roommates very happy I'm sure."

Julie laughed. "Yeah, I'm sure. She's never driven ANYONE up a wall."

Dom chuckled. "Well, if you want one I happen to be quite proficient with my hands."

"Hm." Julie rolled her shoulder, pondering the feeling. "That would be really nice."

"Well, you just relax and sip your wine," Dom said, coming around behind her. He put his hands on her shoulders – which were mostly exposed thanks to the halter top – and was amazed at how soft her skin was. His hands were much bigger than Julie's sister, and where her sister shared Julie's soft skin the feeling of Dom's leathery fingers was a surprise.

But when he squeezed her shoulders, the heels of his hands working into the knotted muscle, it was clear that he knew what he was doing. Julie closed her eyes, settling back into the soothing feelings of his hands.

"Mm... you ARE good at this," she observed in a distracted sigh.

"You don't get through three marriages without learning a trick or two."

They shared a laugh, and for the rest of the massage Julie sipped her wine and chatted with Dom, letting the low buzz of alcohol weaken the walls she'd built up over the years. By the time she walked back across the lawn to her house, the whole night had turned into a happy buzz that ran through her body. It actually scared her a little bit to be that happy and not really know why.

***

Over the next few weeks Julie would stop her daily run at Dom's house when he was home, catching her breath and stretching against his porch as he tended his flowers. They'd chat about whatever, the edge of gentle flirtation running through their conversations.

She noticed how he liked to look on her and it always brought up mixed emotions. She liked their flirtations, and it was nice to feel desired, but she was worried she was leading him on. Obviously with the age difference between them, their flirtations were not going to go anywhere, but emotions were funny things and she worried about them getting out of hand.

For his part, Dom was all too aware of his attraction to the athletic young med student. Ever since he'd felt her soft skin in his hands he had thought about palming her breasts, feeling the curve of her hips as he laid her on the bed and stroked her midnight hair back. They were private fantasies, and he kept them out of the way of his friendship with her, but no matter the odds he was the sort of man who kept his eyes on the prize and he was looking for his opening.

That opening came one night when Julie found herself alone at the house pouring over a lengthy chart of pharmaceuticals and their assorted benefits and pitfalls. Her housemates were all out, and the absence of human interaction combined with monotonous drudgery was turning her brain to mush. Staring at page after page of obscure names she felt a need humming through her. She had to do SOMETHING, ANYTHING, just to press the reset on her brain.

Julie got up and paced her house like a restless cat, but that little break only served to whet her appetite. She didn't want to go far, she wanted something now. More to the point, she wanted someone. She craved the kind of mental stretching that only a good conversation could give her, and in a spur of the moment decision was out the door.

Dom was surprised to hear his doorbell, then very pleased to see who was standing there unexpectedly but very pleasant to see. Even dressed casually in a black t-shirt and jeans, her hair tossed loosely back with a scrunchy and a nervous look on her face Julie was very pretty. Dom could feel the grin grow on his face.

She was relieved at his reaction, and visibly relaxed as he beckoned her in, sighing and explaining that she just had to get out of that house before it drove her mad.

"Hey, all work and no play would make anybody crazy," he said as he shut the door. "Take a seat and let me get you something to drink."

"Oh no, that's fine," Julie replied almost reflexively, as she plopped into the couch, letting out an academic year's worth of frustrations with a sigh. But Dom was in host mode and not to be deterred.

"Come on, a little wine is good for stress. And it's red so you can do it for the anti-oxidants." The bottle was already out. "Besides, it's opened so I have to get rid of it fast."

Julie rolled her head to face him as he brought her a glass, a wry smile on her face as she acquiesced. "Second hand wine, thanks."

He smiled and clinked their glasses. "Only the not best for starving students!"

They both laughed at that and had the first sip, studying each other over the rims of their glasses. Then he sat next to her and they started to talk. Or more accurately, he listened and she vented.

Around the time she was talking about her stupid anatomy professor (as opposed to her stupid pharmacy professor) Dom managed to get an arm around her shoulder, the weight of it pulling her towards him. She never stopped talking as she adjusted, fitting herself in against him and loosing a string of invectives. He chuckled sympathetically and she pressed tighter to him, something reassuring in his baritone belly laugh.

One glass led to another and soon Julie was showing the Asian glow, her face flushed red under its gentle tan. The warm aura of alcohol and Dom's reassuring touch had soaked away Julie's anger. Dom, who was also feeling the buzz of the wine, toyed idly with Julie's pony tail as she came down, the soft hair tickling her exposed collar bone.

"That feels good," Julie murmured. She'd always liked having her hair played with.

"Oh yeah?" asked Dom.

"Yeah... no one's played with my hair in a while."

And so began a more sedate, drunkenly pensive conversation about her love life. She had more medical school. Then being a resident, maybe a fellowship. She didn't feel like she had time for a guy, and wasn't sure when she would. Dom touched her cheek gently, assuring her that she would find the right one. That there was plenty of time.

She turned her head and looked him, letting the silence hold a moment. She knew what they were really talking about now, and she could see from the way he smiled at her that he knew that she knew. After a few long heartbeats she finally got up the courage to ask. "Do you think I'm sexy?"

Seeing her there, emotionally open and vulnerable to him, Dom felt his cock tent pole in his pants as he touched her soft cheek.

"Of course," he said plainly as I leaned in and planted a kiss on her forehead. She tilted her head back, lips slightly parted, searching or his. But Dom didn't let the game end so easily, kissing her nose and cheeks as he wrapped his arms around her.

Then there lips met in a slow, clumsy tongue wrestle. He took to time to let his hands wander over her body, exploring his shape, slipping up under her shirt to feel figure. He pulled her up from the couch and led her to his bedroom, where they kissed some more, drunk one wine and newfound companionship.

He laid her on his bed, looking into her exotic eyes. She looked back at him, her chest rising and falling with each expectant breath. The look on her face made it clear that she was willing. All he had to do was pull off some clothes and he could slide right into her, but that was not what he wanted tonight. No, instead he just stole another kiss, telling her how beautiful she was. He lay across her, his erection pushing into her thigh as they kissed, and in the end she fell asleep in his bed.

***

The next morning Julie jerked awake, lying under the sheets of an unfamiliar bed but thankfully fully clothed. It took a second for the memories of last night to reassemble in her head, bringing with them a profound sense of shame. She really couldn't get into a relationship. Not with someone of his age, but what was she supposed to say about last night?

She got to her feet, a little unsteady from the remnants of the wine, a gentle ache in her head, and made her way to the door. As she passed the kitchen she heard the sounds of cooking, followed by an entirely too cheerful Dom spotting her and telling her to sit down and eat.

It was a little after 11 – she thanked God that it was the weekend and so free of classes - so it felt rather odd to be eating an omelet while drinking coffee and orange juice, especially in this situation. But it was good and she was hungry, and besides it would be rather rude to just slip out like a thief in the night. He sat across from her and started to eat.

"So about last night," she asked, like poking her toe into a cold lake.

"It was fun," he said as if it were so simple.

"It was," she concurred, frustrated by the fact that it was true. As a matter of fact she distinctly remembered wanting to have a bit more "fun". "But I'm not really like that."

12