Julie Ch. 07

Story Info
An impromptu first date?
1.1k words
4.53
10.1k
1
0

Part 7 of the 10 part series

Updated 10/05/2022
Created 04/16/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Henceforth I shall be waiting for Thursday night no longer!" Peter declared in a loud voice. "And I'll curse any man, woman, or child that gets in my way tonight! Cutting me off during transit! Separating me from my chicken dinner! Distracting me from the beauteous wait staff! These are just some of the crimes that will be met with God-like vengeance should they occur." A strike of his hand on the counter demonstrated for him though he hid the pain it gave him for the display.

"You do realize that we're lapsed Catholics, right? We don't do much of anything dealing with religion, let alone casting spells or depositing the evil eye on people's heads." Christopher stopped sweeping long enough to give a glance to size up his twin. "And I never knew you were such a drama queen..."

With an insuppressible snort, Peter grabbed his jacket. "I guess this means you're not going to wish me luck."

"Never said that." After some consideration, his bigger brother responded, "Good luck. Just don't get your hopes too high."

"Too high? Since when do I aim too high?"

"Sorry, Pete -- you know I've got to save some witty retorts for the customers. Get your sorry ass out of here."

Peter didn't need to be told twice.

***

She could have sworn her back was only turned for a second... but when Julie turned around there was another customer in her section, almost hiding behind the menu. The last possible second for one, but Julie couldn't help but take the person on. It was only twenty minutes before her shift ended. Who was she to begrudge a gratuity?

"Hey, what can I get you?"

The self-same eyes that had drifted through her sketches bored through her over the menu. "Anything you'd recommend?"

Julie felt glued to the spot yet strangely unable to speak. "Uh... I—"

"I hear the Special is especially good..."

This she knew -- she could get that. "Yes, it's chicken a la king. What would you like to drink?"

"How about a nice '91 Merlot?"

Not sure it was a joke, Julie jotted down the special before she dared look into his eyes again. They shined up at her with mirth as she responded, "Sorry. But we've a good 'ten minutes ago,' brewed to the tastes of discerning men."

"I'll try a glass ere I drink the bottle. Or a mug would do just as well."

A smirk crept across Julie's face as she extracted herself from his presence. Yet with more grace than she felt, she placed the order and gathered it and the coffee up for Peter's approval. "Enjoy."

His voice called her back. "Are you free at all any time soon?"

"My shift finishes soon."

"I don't suppose you would want to spend the evening in my company." An eager glint in his eyes struck Julie in an odd way; strangely, she was considering it. And he seemed to know the effect he had on her. "I promise I will be a gentleman. Scouts honor."

"I'll think about it. Eat up."

***

It wasn't exactly what Peter had thought would happen. He'd considered his options for long enough as it was, preparing for every conceivable outcome his prey would opt for and had missed one.

"What are we looking for again?"

"A nice portrait frame."

"Couldn't we have gone to a super-store and got one -- oww!" Damn second-hand store was filled with all sorts of old junk, piled too haphazardly for Pete's big feet. Furniture was placed every few yards as were lamps, book stacks, magazines, cutlery, and mismatches clothing racks. "What was that, the sixth time I've stubbed my toe?"

"Thereabouts." The way Julie smiled at him eased the pain in his foot long enough for the two to make it to their destination. The smile was a small one and more of a smirk, but just what the doctor ordered. "And we're not at a megamart because we're looking for charm."

Peter smirked at some of the items on the wall. "What could be more charming than a moose head? He would do well right over the bar door, welcoming people in. I'd even name him Ed." She rewarded him with another lippy smile, broader than her last. Good, it seemed as if he was finally getting under her skin as much as she'd done to him. "So what are we framing?"

"You're just full of questions, aren't you?"

"And stubborn enough to get you to answer them." He winked cheekily at her.

"Well, I'm framing a portrait. Thus having to buy a portrait frame, dum-dum." Julie's eyes were drawn to a tarnished, hand-carved piece of junk. "That one."

Peter stepped forward to take it off the wall just as Julie moved to do the same. She felt warm and smelled of something faintly sweet. Unfortunately, she ended their comfy collision all too soon for Peter. He efficiently removed the old frame from the wall and handed it to Julie.

"Oh, too bad. It's about to fall apart." She turned it over carefully in her hands.

"It's not that bad. Some of the screws are loose. I could fix it for you." The way Julie regarded him was worth it, Peter decided -- worth the odd first date, worth all the waiting and awkwardness. "And for a very measly price, too."

"Okay." She quickly paid for the 8 by 11 bit of charm and headed out of the store with Peter right behind her. The drive back to the diner was quiet but comfortable. Still playing the gentleman, he even walked Julie to her car in the dark lot.

Just as she got her car door open, he touched her shoulder. "It's funny... you never asked me what I'd charge you."

Her purse was opened and she looked down to rummage through. "I've only got about ten bucks, if that'll do."

"Nah, I'm much cheaper than that. I ask two things. One, a real second date. I think dinner would be best, when you don't have to serve it."

"What? I didn't think we were --"

The kiss Peter could no longer stop himself from planting stopped her talking. After the initial surprise she kissed back with all the warmth Peter could ask for. Her arms wound about him, mimicking his own wrapped firmly around his beauty. The cold offered a stark contrast to the woman in his arms. And yet again, it ended all too soon for Peter.

Julie let out a large breath that haloed her in the faint light. She blinked the haze Peter was proud to place in her eyes before she could speak again. "And the second?"

"Is permission to do that again, very soon." He grinned confidently at her slight blush he almost missed in the night.

"Okay."

"Can't wait until then." Peter placed a tender little kiss on the top of Julie's head.