Julie Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
KKHowling
KKHowling
359 Followers

Maybe it was the drinks. Maybe it was the conversation. But when Ashlee got up to order a pizza, Julie went back to her email. This time she replied to Greg's email.

"I'm staying with a friend for the moment. I don't know if it's a good idea to meet, but I would like to talk to you before you go."

She re-read it before sending it. Then she went back to the living room and Ashlee.

Ashlee had ordered the food and was sitting waiting for her.

"So does it bother you that guys like that are, uh... not looking for any kind of long term relationship?" Julie asked, suddenly interested in reviving their earlier conversation. If Ashlee was surprised by Julie's question, she didn't show it.

"I don't know," she replied thoughtfully. "There are times when I'm a little jealous of folks like you and Gary." She shrugged. "At the same time, I don't think I'd ever be satisfied with something like that. Kind of a catch twenty-two, I guess." She sipped her drink and reflected for a moment. "I mean, a guy like Gary, well, he's terrific and I guess any girl would be happy to have him. But, I don't know... a guy like him just doesn't work for me. Not that I ever really tried dating guys like that, of course!" she added with a laugh.

Julie nodded her understanding. Hadn't she been wondering if she could ever be happy with what she had before, knowing what she did now?

Her whole life with Gary was very nice. It was the life that everyone said they wanted. Throw in a couple of kids and it would be a Norman Rockwell painting. How could that be wrong? How could that not be enough?

And it wasn't wrong, obviously. If Julie had never met Greg, she would probably have lived very happily with Gary, never thinking for a moment about greener pastures elsewhere. It might very well have been enough.

But now that she had met Greg, slept with Greg, discovered the heights to which he could lift her... how could she just turn away? How could she give that feeling up for the rest of her life? Could she do it? Hearing Ashlee's answer, Julie was inclined to believe there was never going to be a day when she didn't long to feel the way Greg made her feel. Ever again.

KKHowling
KKHowling
359 Followers