Just a Matter of Time

Story Info
Was there a loose end?
5.8k words
4.53
31k
4

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/12/2022
Created 09/14/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
magmaman
magmaman
2,696 Followers

{There is some sex in this story, but it's not really erotic. Nothing else really fits.}

Dan walked in to the big ballroom at the local Elk's club. Looking around at the roughly 30 or so people there, he realized he did not recognize a single soul.

The chairs surrounding tables by the dance floor were filled with a sea of white hair, oversize people chatting away. Heads turned to look his way, he didn't see any sign of recognition at all.

40 years is a very long time.

Dan had no idea at all how they had found him, but they did. The world of the internet, probably. The nosy one, her name was Marge. She was the self appointed person in charge of keeping track of everyone and everything, she always had been that way, even back in high school.

Dan had stopped by the postal drop box he kept, there was the simple envelope with a printed invitation to his class reunion, along with a hand written scrawl at the bottom.

"I hope you get this, we really would like to see you there, Danny!" Marge had written. He nearly instantly forgot about that, wading through the junk mail addressed to "occupant" he found the other envelope.

The name of the town was just 100 miles inland from the seaside city he had grown up in. There was a key to the other drop box and two names, along with a photograph of each of them. He once again looked at the invitation.

"Why not?" He thought.

+++

That day back in 1964, he had climbed into his 1959 Impala, packed with everything he owned in the entire world, and drove away from the small coastal town he had grown up in, the only real world he had ever known up to that point.

40 long years. He would have told anyone who asked that he would never set foot in this town again. Of course no one ever asked, the identity he had carefully created was so complete he almost believed it himself.

Damon Ringer, he was known as. He had no home, he lived nowhere except where he was at the moment. He had no credit cards, no checking account, no utility bills, nothing. He did not even own a vehicle. He had no Social Security number, and he had never filed a tax return. The few documents he did carry all checked out perfectly, the address was a private postal mail box.

Once each month or so he checked his mail box, never spending a single night in that city.

Damon Ringer was a ghost.

+++

The moment he walked into that room, he somehow became Dan again. It only took an instant.

Dan stood there not entirely sure of what to do or who to approach, one glance up the big banner hung over the main entrance told the story of why so many older people were in the room.

"Seaport Class of 1960." It read.

He wanted to just turn and leave, it was almost like he was back there, back in that time. He had been in this room many times before, it looked exactly like it did back then.

He remembered those times, Friday nights he was up on the stage with Jerry as the drummer and Debbie, Jerry's girl friend singing. She was a tall and skinny flat chested blond barely eighteen at the time. She had a manner that appeared to be innocent, vulnerable.

There was nothing innocent about her at all.

The guitar in his hands made pretty good music, he found out very quickly that helped a lot with the females.

Their little three piece band was beginning to get popular locally, they even got a few other bookings around the little mill town. Dan was having a lot of fun, housewives of the men that worked the graveyard shift often lined up at the bar, obvious in their hopes for a turn.

More than a few of them slipped out of bed at around 5 AM to get home before the hubby arrived from work.

Then Jerry had found out that he was also hosing Debbie on the side, there had been quite a scrap. That was a bad time, the entire damn town had found out and Dan was quickly a bit of an outcast.

Besides, that wasn't all his fault, Debbie had simply climbed on him at the first opportunity, like she did with about every male she got close to as he found out later.

Fucking memories! Most of them from this place weren't good. Dan wasn't sure he wanted to be here.

He turned and walked to the bar, ordered a drink from the late 30's something woman behind the bar. Normally pretty bartenders try to take advantage of their looks, use some sex appeal, not this woman, not in this place.

Just like it was way back then. The clothing had changed out in the world, no longer was it dowdy long dresses and modest bodices. Glancing around the room, he saw several mildly familiar but rather large women. They all appeared to be wearing dowdy long dresses with modest bodices.

The bartender had on dark slacks, a simple white blouse, and a vest that matched the slacks. Normal attire for a place like this, not what Dan was used to though.

He was more used to what he might see in France or Greece, perhaps Vegas or on the boardwalk.

She did look mildly familiar, Dan couldn't place that though. Of course it couldn't be someone he knew, he had been gone from this place for forty long years.

"Here for the reunion?" She asked, just making conversation.

"Yea, but I see none of these people have been eating right, they sure do look old!" He wisecracked with a grin.

She laughed right on cue, a twinkle in her eye.

"$2.50." she said, setting down the drink.

"Wow, people around here must be rich!" He told her, peeling off a hundred dollar bill. He was used to paying $6.00 for the same thing in the places he frequented. He did that without thinking, wanting some smaller bills so he could leave a tip.

That was one tiny problem he did have, when he picked up cash transfers, he then always left the city he picked it up at instantly.

Bars, large nightclubs and casinos made pretty good banks.

Then he saw the blank look on her face as she looked at the bill in her hand.

"Sorry, do you need something smaller?" He asked.

"Yes, we don't...."

Dan reached in his pocket and found a ten, handed it to her. She smiled, handing him back the larger bill. Then she glanced down, but Dan always kept his roll of cash down out of sight since the time years before that a man followed him out of a night club.

That had turned out badly for the man, and Dan had barely managed to vanish as the sirens were already getting far too close.

"Danny?" Someone touched his shoulder. He turned, a woman that was about 300 pounds stood there smiling.

"Judy?" He asked. It took a moment for it to register on him who she was.

"Yes, I am so glad to see you, it's been ages! How are you?" She smiled, sliding onto the stool next to him.

Her blouse was low cut, far lower than anyone else in the room.

Same old Judy, some things never change.

"You look fantastic, I don't think you have gained a single pound!" She gushed, then she turned and ordered a drink from the bartender, reached for the bowl of snacks sitting there. She stuffed a handful into her mouth, reached for some more.

Dan took a sip of his drink. Judy was right about that, he still weighed 180 pounds, exactly the same as he did the day he left this place.

That was something he made sure of. He made sure he worked out regularly between assignments, sometimes it helped that he was fast, and in shape.

"So what are you doing now?" Judy pressed.

"I am a...uhh..troubleshooter, I spend a lot of time on the road." Dan told her, trying to sidestep the question.

"What about you?" He asked, before she could come up with a response or ask any more questions.

"My husband passed away last year, I am living out by Rock Creek, we still have the little farm out there."

Dan nodded, taking another sip of his drink.

"I am single now." She added, giving him an obvious sidelong glance which he ignored.

Dan knew where that was, he had driven out to pick her up many times. The memory of being parked with her up behind the local hospital popped into his head. They had necked, he got to feel up her big over sized titties, even got his hand on her slender and solid feeling hip, but those white panties were bolted on.

She was a big gal even back then, but muscular with no fat he could find. He had looked everywhere that she would let him.

They had quite a few major wrestling matches, Judy absolutely refused to give in. But she also always agreed to go out with him again, knowing there would be more wrestling matches.

Then one night parked up at the lake the mill used as a water source, Dan had his hands up her dress and actually made it to the damp crotch of her panties, she had sat up quickly at that.

"No! Please, I can't." She had said, pushing his hands away.

Then reaching over, she undid his pants and had his erection out in a flash, her hands went very busy on him. Dan really liked that, Judy sat there with her big bare titties jiggling as she pumped away, he could see them clearly in the moonlight shining in the window.

He had blasted off so hard that some of it hit the roof of his car, he had used some baking soda and bleach to try and clean it up the next day.

The lighter spot was still there on the headliner of his fancy Impala the day he loaded up and left town.

They used a towel after that, Judy spent a lot of time jacking him off. But he never did get her panties off although she did let him rub her through the panties quite a lot.

Then there was that time with Margie down by the gas plant. He did get her panties off, she was sloppy wet, and didn't feel at all like some of the other girls he had managed to get his fingers into. Margie's tits were almost non existent, and she had no idea at all what to do with an erection. She just wrapped her hand around it and held on. That was irritating as hell, she had her legs spread out letting him stick his fingers in there, but every time he tried to stick his dick in she twisted it away like it was a fucking broom handle or something.

They only dated twice, both times with the same result.

"Move your hand up and down." Dan had mumbled to her, his finger feeling her insides. Margie did, about three times, then she stopped and just held him in that death grip.

Judy had met Bobby, that was the end of that and Margie was playing the field which he didn't care about.

It was only about six months out of high school that he had started dating Jeanie. She was absolutely beautiful, even dressed in a manner that was designed to hide her figure, there was no way to hide that.

Dan had never even asked her out in high school, as far as he could tell no one else really did either. He happened to be headed out down the bay road to catch a Salmon and there she was on her bike so he stopped to talk. The local lodge held a dance every week for anyone under 21, the idea was to keep them out of trouble.

Of course that didn't work, that just got more young people together with the usual results. Jeanie actually appeared tickled when he asked her to go with him.

Jeanie's Mom was a huge woman, that should have been a warning sign but it never crossed Dan's mind. Her Dad was a short and skinny little guy, nice and mellow. Her Mom was a bossy type, always loud, and if she didn't get her way she whacked the hell out of her hubby.

In fact, she treated about everyone she met the same way, including Dan. For some reason she loved to be running things.

She told Dan to have Jeanie home by midnight and he usually did, but one evening they got sidetracked while parked down in front of the docks. The lights from the city up above shined right inside the car and Dan had Jeanie's tits out. They were spectacular, her nipples inverted, and he was having a ball sucking on them, making them pop outwards. Then watching them, they rolled right back inwards.

He tasted something when doing that, looked down and saw a drop of fluid. That was amazing, he had no idea at all that women could do that without being pregnant.

It was a quarter to two when they pulled into the driveway.

Her Mom met them on the porch mad as hell. She had on a monstrous housecoat, and she yelled at Dan. That pissed him off.

"Hey, I am 19 and so is Jean, we don't have to listen to your shit!" He yelled right back at her, which got him slapped upside the face.

Two beers helped some with his courage, they could always find someone down on the waterfront to buy them some for a couple bucks extra.

The woman could swing, that was for sure. It made Dan's mind blur for a second, then he lashed out right back with a backhand and popped her right in the kisser. That dropped her right on her ass, her hands went back to catch herself and the robe flopped open.

She was naked as a jaybird underneath it, her big tits flopped over on each side, her legs apart. Her belly hung down far enough to almost cover her hairy crotch and she sat there just like that for about 10 seconds, stunned.

Then she managed to get up, pulled the robe closed. Giving him a hateful look, she went inside and slammed the door.

Jeanie stood there in shock. Her Dad appeared in the doorway.

"You better go on home now, Dan. I will talk to you tomorrow." He had a huge grin on his face.

+++

Dan kept right on dating Jeanie, she wasn't really upset at all about him popping her Mom. It seemed that her Mom was also abusive to Jeanie, too.

Her Mom never said a single word about any of that, not one word. They also came home when they wanted to from then on.

The petting while parked became a regular event, but Jeanie would not allow him to actually fuck her, although they sure got close. When he did get close things became a wrestling match, the word no didn't mean no back in those days.

Jeanie kept insisting that she wanted to be a virgin on her wedding night, and the fact that she was a devout Catholic apparently gave her the strength to resist. A few times he did manage to spray some seed in her direction during a heavy session of petting, then one day he actually did get it partway in but she managed to wiggle away.

That was frustrating as hell, he felt himself spasm and wanted in there deep but suddenly his erection was back out in space.

It was just a week later that the deal with Debbie happened, there was no denying it at all since the door had slammed open and there they were, both naked and right in the middle of an orgasm. Jerry was the one that caught them, of course.

That was one hell of a fight, it ended up outside which wasn't good at all since all Dan had on was his socks. Jerry was smaller but he more than made up for that by being fast. There must have been a dozen people that saw that, Dan would have just run for it but Jerry was trying to kill him. He finally managed to knock Jerry down long enough to run for his car before he could get back up. He knew the asshole was probably going to get up, too, he had already knocked him down five or six times.

Then began the car chase, that went on for a solid hour. Fucking Jerry's Ford was just as fast as Dan's Impala. But on the straight stretch up Donahue mountain out East of town he got a good quarter mile away, sailing right by a cop.

The cop caught Jerry, but he didn't catch Dan. Not that night, anyway, they showed up at his house the next day.

The fucking newspapers had a field day with all of that, news around their seaside city was usually how good the Crab festival was and crap like that.

Sex? 100 MPH car chases, major fist fights while naked right out in the street in front of everyone?

That was great fun, Dan figured they doubled their fucking circulation over that.

Less than a month later he loaded up the Impala and was out of there. Part of it was someone shot out his living room window one night, plus Jeanie would have nothing to do with him. He had begged and cried, tried everything. Then he found out she had joined the Army, that was the end.

Dan had been screwing everything that would hold still long enough, but none of that meant anything.

Dan was miserable, he realized that he really did love Jeanie, but by the time it did register on him he had already fucked up the works.

+++

"Danny!" Someone yelled, then she was hugging him from behind. Margie, of course.

"Hi, Margie. Danny here is being the strong silent type." Judy said with a grin. He realized he had been sitting there, lost in thought and the whirlwind of memories.

He nodded at the woman behind the bar for another drink, turned to Margie. She had white hair, of course. The same glasses, the same slender body.

"I see you stayed in shape." He told her. She beamed at that.

"You, too, you look good!" She grinned, looking him up and down.

"Come on, join us!" She grabbed his hand and pulled him along with her, Judy right behind. He found himself parked at a table with several of his former classmates, it took a little bit but one by one they all came back to him.

No one mentioned the incident that caused him to leave town, a good thing.

Margie filled him in on who was dead, it turned out quite a few of their classmates were. He was on his fourth drink when a three piece band took the stage, they were a sixties type group and pretty good.

Walt, one of the classmates that was the jock type in school insisted that Dan get up and play. Dan resisted for awhile, then finally he found himself up there with an unfamiliar instrument in his hands.

It took a bit but he ran off the lead to "Pipeline", then switched to "House of the Rising Sun" with quite a few missed notes. Everyone was getting nice and drunk by then so they didn't care, they were actually cheering.

Starting to have fun, Dan picked it up with some rock numbers, he did some Creedence and Beatles stuff, then ended actually playing and singing "Peaceful, Easy feeling."

Playing and singing was his hobby, although the only time he ever did that was when he was alone.

That one brought down the house, they actually stood up to applaud. Grinning, Dan set the guitar down, he figured he might as well end that on a high note.

He was half way across the dance floor when he looked over and saw Jeanie.

He came to a dead stop. They stood there looking at each other, the entire room went stone silent, all of them staring since everyone there knew everything that had gone on in the past.

They must have just stood there looking at each other for a solid minute.

Mercifully, the band started to play a slow number as Dan and Jeanie still stood there, about ten feet apart. Finally he got his legs to move, he walked over to her.

"Dance with me?" He asked.

She stepped into his arms, without a word. No one else got up, they all just sat and watched.

Jeanie felt the same in his arms, she still had her figure, her hair was even the same color, she smelled the same. Dan's head began to whirl, it was like 40 years had not even happened, they moved together exactly like they had so long ago. Even the tune the band was playing was one they had danced to before.

"I have missed you." He told her, the very first words out of his mouth.

"I missed you, too. I thought about you a lot." She said. The song ended, he stepped back, still holding both of her hands.

"Let's go sit by ourselves, so we can talk." She said, finally. Looking around, Dan saw some seats at the bar were empty so he led her over there.

"I will have a Vodka Collins, Danielle." She told the bartender. Dan nodded to the woman, she went to mix the drinks.

"So, how are you? Are you married?" He asked her.

"No, my husband passed away four years ago. Are you?" She asked.

"No, I never did get married."

"Really? Why not?"

"I just never met anyone I wanted to be with, I guess."

"Here you go Mom, I made it just the way you like, with some Orange." She set down the drinks, smiled at them and moved away.

"Mom?" Dan asked, surprised.

"Yes, Danielle is my daughter."

"Oh. I thought she looked familiar." Dan took a second look at the woman, she did look a bit like Jeanie.

magmaman
magmaman
2,696 Followers
12