Justin Thyme Ch. 19

Story Info
Prom!
9.1k words
4.82
75.4k
123
Story does not have any tags

Part 19 of the 19 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 12/11/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Callicious
Callicious
1,837 Followers

"Mommy, I have to have a picture of this, with Carole and Suzette, and one with Joanne in it, too. Please take it for me? I know I'm going to look hideous the way I've been crying, but this dress is so beautiful, and I couldn't have it, or feel pretty tonight without these ladies."

Carole and Suzette stepped up onto the platform with Susie and each stood with an arm around her waist as she hugged each of them to her. Tears in her eyes made them luminous and the smile on her face more than made up for any tear damage or puffiness around her eyes. As much as she looked forward to Prom at the same time she had dreaded it, feeling she didn't look good enough for someone like Michael, nor would she have had a clue what to wear had it not been for Joanne. She would have messed things up for sure, but now she was confident. No matter how badly her stump hurt tonight she was not going to pass up on a dance with Michael!

Joanne stepped up and joined the picture, standing next to Carole, and then she asked if she could have a picture for herself with Susie. She held Susie closely to herself for the picture, knowing what Susie did not, and feeling deeply within how fortunate Michael was to have found this young woman who brought out the very best in him.

After the pic was snapped Joanne said to Susie, "Susie, my dear, you look absolutely wonderful! You are really going to blow Michael's mind when he sees you tonight! I'm afraid, though that he is going to do the same to you." Susie drew back and looked up suddenly afraid.

"What's wrong?" It was a gasp.

"Oh, nothing really bad. I just wanted to warn you before you saw him, because he had a little accident this morning, and he broke his nose. He'll be wearing a bandage, and he'll probably have black eyes if he looks anything like Jeff did when he broke his in a game once."

"Is he OK?"

"Oh, I think so. He's having someone drive him to Tucson. He said there is no way he is going to miss this night with you. He just didn't want you to be startled when you see him. Now I have to run. I've got to meet him down the street for a minute before he gets out of town." With that Joanne stepped down from the platform, gave Madge a quick hug, and made her way to the door waving before Susie could ask any questions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I quickly jumped in the shower and started getting ready for the night. As I showered I pondered what I was going to do with the Koala. There just was no way I had time to finish putting the stuffing back into it, plus add stuffing to replace the small camera and transmitter, and then sew it back up and make it look right. Putting it together took quite some time the last time, and time was something I just didn't have! I could have done it easily if I didn't have to go across town to help Michael. There had to be something I could do to improve the Koala somehow to give an excuse for having taken it apart. Rosemary would buy my excuse that I was working on it and had to go help Michael, but not without coming up with a reason. I was stumped!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael lay back as well as he could in the seat with a large icebag balanced precariously over his eyes. He hoped desperately the ice would shrink the swelling enough that he could at least see Susie tonight. He was anxious to see the gown, knowing how beautifully Carole produced them, but he also wanted to see the necklace and earrings. Besides that, he hadn't seen Susie in a couple of days and was anxious to be with her again. For sure kissing was going to be severely proscribed for the night! Maybe he would be able to manage a small peck on the lips when he proposed. Eating was also going to be an impossibility. The very thought of trying to chew anything brought pain.

"Sargent, if you could do me a favor."

"Sure. Anything I can I'll be happy to do."

"When we get down there most people know me as Michael Borden. It's my mother's maiden name, and my middle name. I'm not ashamed of my Dad or the name, but it brings notoriety and a lot of attention I prefer to stay away from."

"Gotcha."

"Everybody seems to think getting to know the kid gets an in to know the old man, if you know what I mean. Then too, the girls don't seem to care about who I am, but are just out for what they think they can get out of me."

"What about your girlfriend? How does she handle all of this?"

"That's why I love her! She doesn't care! She loves Mom and Dad, but didn't even recognize his name when she heard it. She doesn't care about football, and she didn't know who I am when we met. Susie is the most unassuming person you'll ever meet. In fact, unlike others who just wanted what they thought I could get them, she gets upset when I do things for her."

He went on to tell about the accident, and how they got together. Before he was through Sargent Jimmerson realized just how wrong he had been about the kid when he tried to arrest him for drugs. Besides that, how many kids had the sense to understand police officers had a tough job to do, had little time to make judgments, and that officers often develop jaded attitudes toward the people they were around? After all, it wasn't the good people they dealt with on most occasions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stephanie and Rosemary had a fun day. Because they had a couple of hours to kill before their hair appointments the stopped at the mall for a little retail therapy and then went to have their hair done. A long line of girls was waiting at the salon, making Rosemary especially glad she had made an appointment! By the time they finished with their hair and had facials both decided they were hungry and dropped by Al's for lunch.

A leisurely afternoon lying out in Stephanie's backyard getting some sun finished off the afternoon before they had to get ready for the evening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Madge and Susie walked back into Jacqui's salon to see her flying all about the place, taking care of customers, talking on the phone, and cutting hair, all at the same time. Susie giggled. "Did you ever see anyone move about like that? She is amazing! I don't know how she keeps going so fast."

Jacqui looked up in the mirror as she cut a lady's hair and saw them. "Ah, you've returned! And so soon! All is well?"

"Better than you have any idea!"

"Good, good. I'll be with you in just a few minutes. Jennifer is back there if you'd like to go on back."

Susie led the way back to the private salon where they saw Jennifer sitting reading a magazine. "You're back already? Good. That will give me a little more time than I thought I'd have. Have a seat."

Susie looked at her quizzically.

"Oh, don't worry! I'm not going to touch your hair! I'm a Mary Kay consultant, and I always try to give a lady a facial when Jacqui fixes their hair. I know what it meant to me after I finished with chemotherapy and Jacqui fixed my hair. That's why I started coming and giving manicures, but I also always give a facial to go with the hair. I knew it would be pointless before you went over to Carole's though."

Jennifer gave Susie a big smile. "I know this has been an emotional day for you, and I'm not going to let you go meet Michael not feeling like you look your very best! You, young lady, are going to knock his socks off! You really don't need much. You are such a pretty girl already, but a little bit to bring out your highlights and emphasize your beautiful eyes will do wonders."

Susie watched in the mirror in wonder as Jennifer first cleansed her face, removing all traces of her earlier makeup and then began the process of applying fresh makeup, bringing out as promised Susie's blue eyes, and then bringing just enough color to her cheeks and lips. "Always remember this when putting on makeup. Dressing too, for that matter. The eyes are the windows of the soul. Draw his attention to your eyes and you will always have him where you want him. Don't overdo it. Highlight, don't dominate. You don't want your eyes to look like it has been so humid they have mildewed, but you want just enough color there to catch his attention."

Jacqui swept in. "Finished already? I'm disappointed." She looked into Susie's face. "Beautiful! I always like to watch her do her magic! I can fix hair, but I cannot do a masterpiece like Jennifer."

Suddenly the slow, phlegmatic, Jacqui was back, taking the time to carefully and gently touch up Susie's hair to just the right fullness and look. "See this Madge? This is what you will want to do for Susie until she gets the hang of it. It isn't always easy from the front, especially when there is scarring to deal with, but she will learn."

A light mist of spray over the top and she was done. "It is important one does not overdo the hair spray! Too much and it weighs the hair down to where it can't do its job. Just enough to keep it from being flighty. If the wind blows it, that is why you carry a brush."

Madge impulsively, and totally out of character for herself, engulfed Jacqui in a bearhug. She had managed all day to keep the tears from her own eyes, but now seeing how her daughter had been restored to her beauty was too much.

Susie, on the other hand, had finally come to terms with her situation and she glowed. Not with pride, but rather a confidence born of suffering. She was confident she could now face anything and looked forward to her future.

"I have to have a picture with these two wonderful ladies, too, Mommy. Please?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was still wracking my brain for an answer as I drove over to Michael's condo. By now my nerves were quite on edge. I love my sister, I mean I really love my sister, and I can't imagine how I did something so stupid that could jeapordize our relationship. To see her naked with her consent and participation is one thing, but to invade her privacy the way I did was over the top.

I saw a dark sedan pull into Michael's drive as I sat in the street in front. When I saw Michael get out of the car, though I was quite surprised and concerned. He lowered the ice bag and waved me over. Both eyes were quite black, and the bandage over his nose took up half of his face. One thing was for sure: His prom pictures weren't going to be anything special! Another thing; he wasn't going to be taking any engagement pics for the society pages tonight!

"Hey, Justin. Thanks for coming over. I want you to meet Sargent Jimmerson from the Phoenix PD. He's a good guy, my looks notwithstanding." He gave me a crooked grin, and then winced in pain.

Sargent Jimmerson stuck out a hand. "I'm pleased to meet you, Justin. Michael told me all about you on the way down. He said you would be able to take care of what he needs tonight?"

"Certainly. What's up?"

Michael started to say something, but the Sargent waved him silent. "We had a drug stakeout going today, looking for a guy in an Escalade when your friend here pulled up in an Escalade. When his mother showed up so that he could show her the engagement ring we thought it was a drug deal and went to make a bust. Unfortunately, Michael didn't resist like most druggies do, and when I went to put his face down on the trunk I broke his nose. I also got the bones under his eyes, but he insisted he had to be here tonight, and since he couldn't drive and it was my fault, I drove him down." Turning to Michael, "now are you sure you'll be OK, Sir? You sure you don't need me to hang around?"

"Thank you, but no, Sir. Justin is a good babysitter. He's been with me before. We have a limo for the night, so I don't have to drive. I'll work something out for getting back up to the Cardinals training facility tomorrow."

"OK, Sir. If you are sure. You have my number. If you can't find a ride for tomorrow give me a call, you hear me?"

"I'll do that. Thank you for taking it on yourself to drive me down here, and for telling me about your job. Remember, I'd really like to do a ride-along with you one day once this is taken care of. I'd really like to see what you guys go through in a day."

"I'll look forward to it." Sargent Jimmerson stuck out a hand and then turned and got back into his car. "Hey, wait a minute. We forgot the flowers and tux! Wouldn't do for me to take them back north!" He quickly pulled them from the back seat and handed them to me, then got back in his car and drove off.

I looked into Michael's eyes and saw the pain that was there, but he waved it off when I said something. "I have some Vicodin if I have to have something, but I'm going to try to get by without it. I don't like having my mind clouded, and I have to be sharp tonight."

I didn't know how he could be sharp in the pain I could see he suffered, but his mind was made up. We went into his condo, and I helped him get his tux laid out, with the shirt and cuff-links while he grabbed a shower. "I'm going to have to have something in my stomach, Justin, and there is no way I can eat anything. Could I trouble you to hit McDonalds and get me a couple of Vanilla milkshakes? The cold will feel good, and I won't have to chew or open my mouth much."

I scurried out the door and drove to Mickey D's as quickly as I could and got him two vanilla shakes and hurried back with them. Michael quickly drank them down and sighed. "Thanks. I was getting pretty hungry there."

We dressed, with Michael needing less help than he had thought, although I could certainly tell he was in considerable pain. The shot of Demerol he was given at the hospital had worn off long since, but he was a determined guy. I did manage to convince him to take a couple of Ibuprophens, with a couple of acetaminophen to be taken in a couple of hours. I remembered once my doctor had allowed me to double up on them in alternating doses at the mid points because he didn't want to use a narcotic on me. Michael didn't know it, but I slipped the bottles in my pocket to have with me, and I was going to keep track of the times, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Madge and Susie made the trip back south in very good time, and arrived in time for Susie to catch a quick shower, being very careful not to wet her hair, before getting dressed for the night.

Tom Collins found he was pacing about the house like a caged cat. He knew what Michael had planned for the night, at least in part, and while he had given his permission he wasn't sure he was really happy with his decision. The fact was he wasn't ready to give up his little girl yet. While he wanted her to be happy, and he knew she loved Michael with all she had it was hard to see this time come. He really regretted taking the afternoon off of work so he would be there for the guys to come pick up the girls. He needed something to do with himself. Finally, he threw up his hands in frustration and went out to the garage and raised the bonnet on the old 'Bug-Eye' and unnecessarily pulled the spark plugs, cleaned and regapped the leads, and cursing heartily when he didn't get the wrench on properly, banging his knuckles, all just because tears in his eyes kept him from seeing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Doctor Tom Meechum and Mary returned home from work to find two very excited girls touching up hair and makeup prior to putting on their dresses. Mary insisted they sit down and eat something, but both girls were so keyed up they weren't able to eat. Tom hid out in the room they used as an office, totally unused to all of the carryings on among the female gender. He really didn't see what all of the fuss was about. He'd been to quite a number of Marine Corps Balls, and even when he had a full set of the Mess Dress uniform it was just a matter of putting it on and making sure everything was shipshape.

Charlotte Thyme rang the doorbell while the girls were still sitting at table. She and Mary had agreed to both help the girls get ready at the Winters' home because Rosemary wanted to surprise Justin with her dress, just as if she was really a date instead of just his sister. Mary thought it was 'cute' and happily agreed.

"Pete said he'd come over later, in time for pictures. He didn't see any need to be underfoot now." Tom overheard Charlotte and wished desperately that he could go over to the Thyme house for a bit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At last Michael and I were ready to go. I really have to say there is a big difference between a tux tailored specifically for you, and a rental that is quickly altered for you. Michael looked very sharp and crisp, while I felt like a little boy wearing his father's suit!

At last the limousine came to pick us up, and Michael and I went out to it. We had a Lincoln Navigator that was stretched one hundred twenty inches, more than we needed, but with the girls dresses being what they are we thought the extra little bit of a stretch would be nicer than trying to squeeze into a shorter car. Michael double-checked when we got in, but the driver had removed all of the alcohol since we are under-aged. "That would be the last thing I need tonight of all nights. If they did a car check and found alcohol in here I'd be really cooked!"

I gave Rosemary a quick text to let her know we were on the way, and to remind her about Michael's accident so they wouldn't react badly when they saw his bandage. Texting Rosemary reminded me. What was I going to do about that Koala?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dad arrived at the Winters' house at about the same time we did, so he waited for Michael an me to get out of the limo before we walked to the door. "Shall we see what your mother and sister have spent my money on together? By the way, I really appreciate you taking your sister to Prom along with Stephanie. That isn't normal for a guy your age."

Of course I couldn't really tell him how badly I wanted to take her, so I played it off by saying, "It isn't normal to be a twin, either. I guess that makes us closer than most. I think she's special, and she doesn't look badly on my arm either."

Dad nodded. "Well, I'm appreciative anyway. I just don't understand the guys in your generation. I would have thought all the guys would have been falling all over themselves to ask her out."

"She intimidates them." Dad looked at me incredulously, and I just nodded. He shook his head in disbelief.

"We really have emasculated this generation!" Dad took one look at Michael before exploding, "Good Lord! What happened to you?"

Michael gave him a wry smile. "I had a little accident this morning and broke my nose. I'll be all right."

Dad shook his head. "You look great other than that, but you don't look like you have any business going to this tonight."

He just shrugged. "It's not an option. I have to be there," and he headed for the door, obviously wanting to forestall any further conversation.

We opened the door to find the girls actually ready on time. Rosemary was wearing a gorgeous green dress, the same color as the peignoir she surprised me with some time ago. Her hair was piled on top of her head with little ringlets strategically placed here and there. Please don't ask me to describe it! I'm a guy for Pete's sake! The skirt of her dress was puffy and came to just above the knee, but the thing that caught my eye and stopped my breath was her plunging neckline! Actually, it wasn't all that revealing, with only a narrow vee that ran down from her collarbone to nearly her navel. Obviously she wasn't wearing a bra, and I couldn't see what was holding the two sides over her breasts.

When I thought I could catch my breath again Stephanie stepped out from behind her. I had seen a splash of yellow, but when she stepped out my eyes bugged! She was wearing an off the shoulder, strapless yellow (I learned later it was called Saffron) dress that started at the tops of her boobs, but cut down and away to just above her waist in the back, leaving her with a lot of skin without tan lines showing. I learned later also that her top was held in place with what they call boning, which in the old days would have been made of whalebone, hence the name. At the waist the dress flared out into a wide hooped skirt covered by some sort of gauzy fabric.

Callicious
Callicious
1,837 Followers