Justine Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,664 Followers

"The queen wants to see you." Mikhail said, "How soon can you get to Philadelphia?"

"When does she want me there?" Delgado asked.

"As soon as possible, can you be there by tomorrow evening?"

"Of course, is there anything that I should know?" Maurice asked.

"Just that everything that you've heard about her and the king are true with the exception of them being insane." Mikhail replied. "And whatever you do, don't lie to her even if you think that it's what she wants to hear."

"I understand." Maurice replied, "I'll be there by tomorrow evening."

He hung up and hugged Regina, "Have you ever been to Philadelphia?" he asked.

"No and what's going on?" Regina asked.

"It seems that the queen wants to talk to me." he replied

"About what?"

"I don't know, but I suspect it has something to do with me not saying anything for three days but Regina, there are some things that I need to tell you."

*******

Jeremiah rubbed his head, which was now covered with fine dark hair. The rest of his body was as it was before Mimi got a hold of him. From time to time, he could hear Albert scream as a memory from Mimi hit him. As for himself, he had seen more of his victims some of whom most of them didn't want to hurt him. He began to harbor hope that he might make it through the next several centuries without too much pain.

He lay on his cot and closed his eyes trying to imagine what all of the excitement was about. There was levity in the atmosphere that was previously missing. Even the guards were smiling. It couldn't be that they had found Josephine he thought. The search for her had just started. He took a chance and asked the guard who was the most likely to talk what was happening.

"The Queen mother is alive!" he exclaimed excitedly when Jeremiah asked about the much lightened mood of the house.

"They found her?" Jeremiah asked, a sick feeling settling in his stomach.

"No, not yet but there are viable witnesses who have seen her but it is only a matter of time before they do." The guard said happily. "Get moving, its time for your shower and you have a visitor coming."

Jeremiah hardly heard him making the guard repeat his request. He stood up and walked out of the cell not thinking about who his guest was, it really didn't matter. In the weeks that he had been here, he had seen hundreds of women thanking god for each one that wanted no more than an apology and an explanation. What surprised him was that as time went on, the apologies were slowly becoming more sincere. With each woman that chose to heap their justice on him, Jeremiah realized how selfish, greedy and stupid he had been but and that the knowledge had come much too late. However, even with those realizations and regrets, he knew that if given a chance, he would do it again and the consequences be damned.

He sighed at the knowledge that he would and could never change who and what he was no matter how sorry he was and how much he wanted to change. That fact and that alone was what would keep him here for eternity even if Josephine stopped the punishments. He stepped under the hot water and inspected his body. There were a few healing bruises left from the last woman. His hair was growing back just as thick as it had been before Mimi shaved it off and his cock...

He couldn't look at it or touch it without remembering Mimi. He still jumped when he showered and left any erections unsatisfied. He didn't want the pain that he thought would come if he ejaculated. He hoped that whoever was waiting for him didn't want retribution in the form of sex; he would rather have a beating. He wondered if Mimi had ruined his want and need for sex as Albert had ruined hers. It didn't matter; it wasn't as if he was going to get another mate. His stomach dropped when he saw that the clothes waiting for him weren't his usual prison garb. Memories of Mimi came back and he bit back a moan and then squared his shoulders. There was no point in fighting it; it would change nothing. He put on the tan Khakis, light blue dress shirt and black loafers and stepped out of dressing room.

Jeremiah stopped the guard as he was being taken back to his cell.

"Where did they find the queens mother?"

"As I said, "the guard said, "she isn't found yet, we only know that she's alive and was spotted last in England."

"England? How ...."

Jeremiah bit off his question when the guard scowled at him indicating the end of the conversation. When he got back to his cell, another guard was waiting.

"You visitor is waiting for you upstairs."

"Please, bring her here." Jeremiah said softly.

"I can't do that, the queen wants you too see the visitor upstairs."

Jeremiah nodded and fell into line between the two guards. He wracked his brain trying to think of who it could be that the queen wouldn't allow her to come to his cell.

**********

Genevieve Mathers looked at Justine with a mixture of surprise, awe and respect. She really hadn't expected a response when she requested an audience with the new queen. She hadn't even expected to like her even though her son was a prisoner in her basement.

Justine smiled at the woman in an attempt to put her at ease.

"Could I offer you another cup of tea?" Justine asked gently.

"No thank you, I thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to see me." Genevieve replied. "I don't know what to say on the behalf of my son except to apologize fro all that he has done not only to you but others."

"Did you know what he was doing?" Justine asked.

Genevieve looked away unable to meet Justine's eyes which had seconds before mesmerized her with their beauty.

"I knew that he was into something but I didn't know what. When he started asking questions about a children's story, I knew that whatever it was that he was thinking, that it couldn't be good. I asked him about the sudden interest and he shut me out."

"Tell me about him." Justine urged.

After an hour, Justine had a better understanding of Jeremiah and told Genevieve as much.

"I understand how he must have felt but that in no way excuses what he's done. I won't tell you the details; I can see that you are in enough discomfort as it is. It took a lot of courage for you to come here." Justine said.

"This isn't about courage; this is about a mother speaking on the behalf of her son."

"A son who has raped, killed and sold thousands of women after turning them without their permission. A son who has no regrets other than that he was caught and if given the chance, he would do it again. This is a son who gave no thought to how his actions would affect others, you especially. Tell me, what should be done with him?" Justine asked but not unkindly.

"I don't know... but if what you are doing is true, it's too harsh."

"Let me ask you this," Justine said, "what if you had been one of the women or your daughter? Would you be saying the same thing? I understand that you are looking at this from the viewpoint of a parent, but try to see it from a woman's point of view. Your son is a monster who even as we speak may feel some remorse but knows that he will never change."

"You don't know that!" Genevieve snapped forgetting to whom she was speaking.

Justine ignored the outburst but continued, "I do know that just as I know that you came here hoping that I would give in to the tears of a mother. I'm not unsympathetic because one, he is your child and two, you're also a victim but in another way. You have to live with what he's done."

"He's my only child...."

"Stop." Justine said her eyes flashing, "don't lie to me, you have another son even if you don't acknowledge him as such but back to Jeremiah, when you see him, ask if he has any regrets."

Genevieve shook at the sound of Justine's voice but spoke anyway.

"And if he does will you reconsider your sentence?"

"No."

"No? Why not?" Genevieve asked now angry.

Justine's eyes flashed in warning which Genevieve wisely acknowledged.

"I beg your pardon." she said as she bowed her head.

Justine waited several seconds before replying.

"I'm not a mother so I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that I completely understand what you must be feeling. What I do understand is that Jeremiah has hurt thousands of women for profit. I also know that I don't have to explain my decisions to you and therefore I won't. But you can ask Jeremiah whatever you want, you might get your answers as well as a better understanding of your son."

"You're not staying?" Genevieve asked.

"No." Justine replied. "This is the one time where Jeremiah will be allowed a guest without guards present. In case you're thinking of using the opportunity to help him escape, don't. Not only is it impossible, it will land you in the cell next to his. One more thing, hand me the vials that you have hidden in your pockets and in your bags."

Genevieve stared at her and knew that she had underestimated the new queen. She handed the vials, all four of them to Justine with a small smile.

"I had to try."

"I understand but let me warn you, if you try anything like this again, you won't be allowed to see your son. Is that understood?"

"Yes my queen." Genevieve replied thankful that she was getting off with a warning.

"Jeremiah will be brought to the study that's through that door, you can go wait for him there."

Justine watched Genevieve hurry to the small study and waited for Jeremiah to be brought up. A few minutes later, he was standing in front of her.

"Your guest is through that door." she said, "Have a nice visit."

*********

Jeremiah hesitated at the door surprised that the guards had moved to the other side of the room. He slowly opened the door not knowing what to expect. He glanced around the small room until he saw a figure sitting in a chair in the corner.

"Mother?" he asked.

"Jeremiah, what have you done?" she asked softly as she rose from her chair and walked to him with her arms open wide to receive him.

Jeremiah stepped into arms that he hadn't felt around him in centuries. He inhaled the light floral scent of the shampoo that she had used for years and hugged her back not speaking but relishing the feel of being in the arms of someone who loved him. Reluctantly he broke the embrace and gently pushed her back.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I had to come see you. I talked to the queen but she won't change her mind, she says that you don't have any remorse and that given the chance; you would do it again. I told her that she was wrong... she is wrong isn't she?" Genevieve asked already knowing the answer.

"Jeremiah, why?" She asked when he didn't answer her.

He didn't answer but turned away from her. She had never understood how that night when they were trapped, hiding from the people who wanted them dead had affected him. She didn't understand how the hunger pain that had him doubled over and in tears had made him swear that he would never go through anything like that again no matter what he had to do to prevent it.

Malcolm and Justine were right on one point, he had made more than enough money that he could have stopped long ago but he grew to like it. He could finally admit that now. The money had become secondary only he hadn't realized it until now. The being hungry all those years ago was no longer a viable excuse; he simply liked what he did. That knowledge also explained why he didn't feel more remorse and why the remorse that he felt was temporary.

"Mother, I want you to leave and never come back here."

"What? You don't mean that!"

"Yes I do." Jeremiah said. "I've caused you enough pain and I don't want to remind you of it by your coming here."

"Just tell her that you feel remorse!" Genevieve begged, "Please...."

"I can't." Jeremiah said softly, "it would be a lie that she would see through."

"Wh... what are you saying?" Genevieve asked.

Jeremiah hesitated before replying.

"I'm saying that she's right. I am sorry but not nearly as sorry as I should be. In the beginning, it was all about the money but after awhile, I liked it... it's something that I am only just now admitting to myself."

Genevieve couldn't believe her ears. She backed away from Jeremiah as if he were some strange man that she had seen on the street and struggled to understand what he was telling her. She didn't know who the man standing between her and the door was but he wasn't her son, at least not the son that she gave birth to but still she tried.

"You don't mean that." she said.

"Yes mother, I do and if I were released tomorrow, I would start again but with a few lessons learned."

Genevieve wiped her hands on her dress as if she had just touched something filthy. Her throat was so tight that she couldn't speak. Tears ran down her face as she made a wide berth around Jeremiah, opened the door and walked out without back. She had another son who needed his mother more than this one did.

Justine stepped into the small room right after Genevieve walked out. Jeremiah turned to face her. There was not a hint of remorse on his face that he had hurt the only other person other than Olivia that loved him.

"You are piece of work do you know that?" Justine asked.

Jeremiah shrugged and waited for her to continue.

"She came here to beg for your life because she loves you." Justine said softly, "she came here prepared to slip vials of poison to you to help you escape your sentence fully aware of what would happen to her if caught. She didn't deserve what you did to her."

"I didn't...."

"Please don't say that you didn't do anything to her." Justine said. "Because you did. No parent should have a child like you and then have to face friends and other family members. Go back to your cell."

"Wait! Is it true that they know that the queen mother is alive?" Jeremiah asked as the guards came back into the room.

"Yes it's true and no, I haven't changed my mind about letting her decide your fate." Justine said answering his question before he answered it, "but that doesn't mean that I won't give my input but hypothetically, let's say that my mother chooses to release you, what would you do?"

"I would do it again but I would be smarter about it. If I hadn't let Napoleon cajole me into capturing your mother, I wouldn't be here... I liked it, is that what you wanted to hear?"

"No but it's the truth." Justine said.

A guard stood on either side Jeremiah and got ready to lead him out of the room. Jeremiah stopped, turned around and looked at Justine.

"I'm never leaving here am I? He asked. There was no anger in his voice, only quiet resignation.

"Only my mother can answer that but my suspicion is that you're right... Jeremiah, do you have any idea of the damage you've done? Do you even care?"

"No, at least not as much as I should." Jeremiah replied.

"Ah... finally some honesty." Justine said.

"Why lie anymore?" Jeremiah asked, "You would know but since we're being honest, I should have listened to Malcolm and never hired you, I wish to god that they had killed you. I will never recognize you as my queen or Quinn as my king."

Justine smiled and shrugged, "do you think that I didn't know that?" she asked, "and do you think that I give a shit?"

Jeremiah took an involuntary step back as Justine approached him. When she was within inches of him, she spoke.

"I hope that my mother decides to uphold my decision and let every wronged woman have her chance with you. I hope that she takes it a step further and allows the wronged male mates of these women have a chance with you as well... maybe ....."

She stopped when she saw the panicked expression on his face realizing that it was something that he had already given thought to.

"I think that I'll just leave that up to her... enjoy your evening." she said as she walked away.

She caught a faint scent of something that she hadn't smelled for a couple of weeks...Jeremiah's fear. The other vampires stiffened as the scent hit their noses. Justine not concerned for his safety continued to walk away. It would be good for him not to get too comfortable.

She felt for Jeremiah's family and couldn't begin to imagine what it would be like to know that a child that had been raised and loved was an unfeeling monster. She said a silent prayer that if she and Quinn had children, that they wouldn't turn out anything like Jeremiah Mathers.

******

Maurice sat holding Regina in his lap for a long time after he spoke to Mikhail. He felt Regina's growing anxiety and sought to calm her the only way that he knew... he had to tell her the truth. He took another minute to collect himself; he couldn't believe that this was happening. The events in a child hood story were happening. He shook his head to clear it.

"Maurice?" Regina called the worry in her voice evident. She had never seen him so shaken.

"Regina, I have some things to tell you that ... well let me explain."

She let him talk uninterrupted and then didn't know what say. She didn't want to move, she had come to love New Orleans in spite of all that had happened there.

"Why didn't you say something before?" she asked.

"I didn't believe it." Maurice replied, "It was a child hood story mostly told to the females. Part of the story is that any vampires who are day walkers are automatically part of the queen's guard unless she eliminates us for some reason."

"Is that why you have to go to Philly?"

"No." Maurice replied. "The queen wants to talk to me about my part in the search for her mother but I'm sure that she will know me for what I am." he added.

"Do we really have to move?"

"That remains to be seen," Maurice replied, "go get ready, you and Jon are going with me. Regina, I'm sorry... if I had any inkling that the story was true, I would have said something."

"I don't understand," Regina said, "how do you know that it's true?" Regina asked.

"I just do." Maurice replied, "Everything in the story has come to pass. Maybe she won't want me." he added.

"Come on, you know that she'll want you and admit it, you're excited." Regina said.

"Are you angry?" Maurice asked.

"No... nervous, a little scared, proud of you but not angry." she replied.

"Thank you Regina, you have no idea of how good it makes me feel to know that I have your support." Maurice said as he kissed her. "Go get ready and I'll make the arrangements and yes you can call Annie and the others and see if they want to move too." he said smiling at her.

Three hours later, everyone was on the plane and headed to Philadelphia.

**********

Freddie looked at the vampire in the cell next to him and wondered what he had done that he was here.

"Hey!" he called over to Jeremiah, "What are you here for?"

Jeremiah looked at him and turned away. He had no interest in talking Josh and hoped that his silence would indicate that.

"My name is Josh Archer..."

"I don't give a fuck." Jeremiah said dryly.

Josh kept talking, ignoring the obvious blow off.

"I'm here because I kidnapped some chickee who turned out to be the queen's mother....."

"What?" Jeremiah asked his interest suddenly piqued. "Who was she?"

"She told Eppi... my cousin that her name was Jeri but I think that she lied. Had we known who she was we would have let her go."

"Who came for her?" Jeremiah asked.

"Her mate but here's the thing; she broke the wards on her....."

"Wards? What wards?" Jeremiah interrupted.

Josh gave Jeremiah an irritated look; he hated being interrupted.

"If you'll stop butting in, I'll tell you the story." he said tersely.

Jeremiah's heart raced as he listened to Josh talk, it became clear to him that Josephine had lost her memory. It was the only explanation for her not looking for Justine and for her not telling her captor's who she was- she didn't know. He snapped back to full attention at the mention of David Sheffield's name.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,664 Followers