Karma Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Or you'll have that muscle-bound oaf hit me?" he sniffed. "This isn't over by any means. I've already called my attorney to get the will overturned. You may have..."

Even as I stepped up to him, I wasn't sure what I was doing. The impact of my knee into his crotch was almost as much a surprise to me as it was to him.

Conrad's eyes bulged and he collapsed in a heap, groaning and writhing.

I stepped back, stunned at my own actions. I didn't get into fights. That was so not me. I firmly suppressed the satisfaction I was feeling.

Tony walked back up the stairs, dusting his hand off in a metaphorical gesture. "That's it for him, he took off like..." He stopped, staring at us. I tried not to look smug. "I see you and Conrad have finished your little talk." He grinned at me with an expression that just oozed approval. "Let's see him out."

Tony grabbed Conrad by the collar and pulled him to his feet. I followed them as he frog-marched the unresisting Conrad to the driveway. Then he stuffed him into that crappy white SUV of his. I suppose I could've made him walk and kept the car, but it hardly seemed worth the trouble.

Conrad was coordinated enough to get it started and drive away. That was enough for me.

I turned to Tony and pulled him into my arms. "I can't imagine karma bringing you into my life, so it must be redemption."

He smiled at me. "It is our redemption and their bad karma coming back to roost."

We'd melted together and had only just begun kissing when my cell phone rang. I groaned theatrically and pulled it off my belt. "Regan."

"Oh, my God," Gina said into my ear. "Regan, I'm so sorry! I just heard the news! I'll be on a plane as soon as I can. Are you okay? Where do you want me to meet you?"

I smiled at Tony while he held me. "Gina, calm down and take a breath. It's okay. I'm doing fine. Don't cut your trip short. Come see me when you get back and we'll talk then." I kissed Tony on the lips softly. "I have the most amazing thing to tell you, but it can wait. I'll see you then. Call me." Then I hung up before my stunned friend could ask me questions I wasn't ready to answer yet.

Tony whispered in my ear. "You love Gina?"

I looked into Tony's eyes with a smile. "Yes, I love her. I love Margot, too. I can't wait for you to meet them." Exploring the similarities and differences of loving a man would be interesting. I couldn't wait for them to meet Tony.

"Let's call the locksmith and arrange for a caretaker for the chalet. I know of a young soon-to-be mother that would be perfect for the job."

Tony kissed me thoroughly and led me back into the chalet. The sound of the door closing behind us reminded me that in life, when one door closed, another opened.

The End? No. The Beginning.

12