Katie Joins the Sisterhood

Story Info
Vampires' victim learns the mysteries of Astrid's coven.
3.4k words
3.43
16.1k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note: The Carter brothers' legend is a well-known piece of "fakelore" in the New Orleans French Quarter. Tour guides who tell a good story can get a larger tip by pointing out the home of the vampires who cheated death in Louisiana's electric chair and escaped from their family crypt in St. Louis Cemetery. I've been writing about the Carter brothers for over a year and until now I never got back to dealing with what Katie went through in the lair. Every story can stand alone, but this one ties together events from:

QB Murdered Cheerleader Missing

Lair of the Carter Brothers

Katie After the Prom

Mage and Spirit

Mating With the Priestess

Priestess-Bride and the Spirit

The pagan religion of the Carters and Hamiltons is not to be taken as a statement of the author's faith or any real belief system, so don't send suicide bombers after me if you're insulted!

All characters are over the age of eighteen.

*

Part 1: Cartier Plantation outside New Orleans

Astrid had just put her priestess' robe over her naked body when Maggie knocked on the door of the bedroom. Disturbing the priestess before a ceremony was simply not done in the Sisterhood, but Astrid had expected something unusual this night, so she opened the door.

"A word, Priestess," said the gray-haired elder, formally. Astrid gestured her to come in and closed the door behind them.

"Astrid," Maggie began, "I wish I could put my finger on it, but there is something about this initiation that troubles me. Katie is... different. I mean, oh, it's so hard to put into words, her age, her..."

"We've initiated women old enough to be her mother," Astrid interrupted, "and we have initiated girls after their first menstruation."

"But never one with a child's mind in the body of a twenty-one year old," Maggie countered. "She's so... I mean... Oh! What the spirits did to her..." Maggie turned her back on Astrid and closed her eyes as if trying to un-know what she could not forget.

Astrid stepped close, placed a hand on each of Maggie's upper arms and her chin on Maggie's shoulder. "What that spirits did to her the Sisterhood must undo," she whispered in the Elder's ear.

"Are you sure we are able?" Maggie responded without turning.

"I am sure The Ashera is able. I plan to offer a sacrifice on her behalf after everyone else leaves. Will you stay and join me in worship tomorrow night?"

"A ewe lamb for her sanity?" Maggie asked, still not looking at Astrid.

"A yearling bull... offered in holocaust," Astrid said softly.

Maggie practically spun to face Astrid, her eyes wide at the thought of how much Astrid was offering to the feminine aspect of God: A normal sacrifice ended with part of the animal being burned and part being cooked and eaten by the supplicant's family and guests. In holocaust the entire beast would be burned and the ashes scattered so that nothing visible remained. To offer a breeding bull or a ram signified that Astrid was placing her confidence in the Goddess to provide for the future of the family's livestock.

"Does Lucius know how much you are spending on this?" Maggie gasped.

"He insisted on cutting the firewood himself," said the priestess. "Lucius knows more about Katie than any sister has ever told her husband about anyone we've initiated. Katie was his brothers' victim before the ghost touched her."

Maggie threw her arms around Astrid and hugged so tightly that Astrid had difficulty breathing. Maggie pressed her check against the priestess' neck. "Forgive my insolence, Priestess!" she begged. "I underestimated both you and your mage!"

"You are forgiven," Astrid said, pushing the elder away so she could look her in the face. "I'm only surprised that you didn't come to me about this before now. She has been in your home for almost two months."

"Because she was in your home first, Astrid," said the elder.

*

Part 2: Astrid and Lucius' Apartment in New Orleans eight weeks earlier.

The townhouse had been in the Hamilton family for as long as anyone in New Orleans could remember, long before the remodeling had turned it into separate luxury apartments. Astrid presided like a queen over the home and business matters from the antique desk while Lucius was out of town. Natural light, filtered by two-hundred-year-old oak trees, was adequate in the morning and her black silk robe was the only clothing necessary for today's duties in the warm New Orleans weather.

"Katherine completed the assignment last night," Astrid wrote carefully in the leather-bound journal, and then paused. What should she write next? At length she decided to only write "Next assignment: The Feminine Mirror," and closed the book as Katie knocked on the office door.

"Enter, dear," the priestess said softly.

Katie opened the door, entered and curtsied respectfully as Astrid had taught her. Her gray homespun tunic did little to hide the athletic body under it. Her hair was drawn tightly into a bun behind her head to exaggerate her humble position in the Astrid's house; partly a servant, partly a minor child, no matter what the age of the initiate, she was being taught not only knowledge but her attitude as well. Humility, once as foreign to her as one of the "popular girls" in high school, had become her nature. It would serve her well, Astrid thought, when she went to Maggie for her final evaluation.

"Did you rest well?" asked Astrid.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Speak freely, child," said the priestess. "What were your feelings last night?"

Katie blushed. "I was... afraid of being seen. I mean... I was naked in your back yard... and this IS New Orleans."

"I've found that women who come into the Sisterhood as adults frequently have that feeling," Astrid replied with a smile. "Those of us who grew up in the Old Way feel more comfortable with our bodies in the privacy of our gardens. My mother had me gathering herbs naked with her before I could read. Did you feel anything else?"

"Yes, ma'am," said Katie. "I felt alive. The moonlight... the scent of the spearmint, and..." Katie paused, remembering the cruel things she had said and heard among her girlfriends in locker rooms: Girls who were less than perfect were treated disgracefully by popular cheerleaders, even at St. Genesius High School. Her experience in the vampire's lair had rid her of much of the pride she once felt and she tried to suppress those memories. "And you weren't judgmental, Priestess," she finally finished the sentence. "I felt... grateful."

"Sisters do not envy young bodies," Astrid said quietly. "I know you meant that as a compliment, thank you, but when you're my age I hope you understand that our bodies are more than collections of parts."

"I wish I had known it when I was much younger. I might not..." an unwanted memory entered Katie's head. "I... uh, Bobby might still be alive if I hadn't... teased him with my..." She couldn't finish so Astrid cut her short.

"You're off to a good start. That brings me to today's lesson. Remove your tunic and hang it on the coat rack."

An observer, had there been one, would have been surprised at the speed of Katie's obedience, but after months of training with Astrid the pupil was confident that they were alone in the house. She hung the tunic and faced her teacher. Her breasts, small, firm and beautiful, were dappled by the shadows of oak leaves in the morning light. Her pubic hair was sparse and short naturally, not trimmed by scissors or razors. Astrid considered for just a second that she had not been honest when she said she didn't envy Katie's young body, but quickly dismissed the though.

"Have you said the appropriate prayers for the day, child?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Let me hear you repeat them."

Katie closed her eyes and raised her hands above her head, right palm up to receive the Mother's blessing, the left palm down to pass the blessing on. She began the chant.

"Ka Na Ma, Ka Laja..."

"Stop," Astrid cut her off. Katie was puzzled but maintained her composure and kept her eyes closed.

"You know the ancient chants. Let me hear you pray in English," Astrid said, standing up and walking around the desk to place her arm around Katie's waist behind her and lean close to her to whisper "From your heart: The Adoration."

"Creator, Redeemer, Comforter," Katie resumed. "Worthy of all my praise..."

Astrid cut her off again; "The Contrition."

"I confess that I have..." Katie hesitated. Astrid's silence was painful to both women so Katie thought of her worst sin and resumed.

"I have been proud of that which does not bring You glory. I have used Your gifts for my advancement, not for Yours... I have... led others into..." thoughts of Bobby lying on the ground gasping out his last breath flooded her mind. "I have led others into sin and caused the death of the man I love!" she began to cry through closed eyelids.

Astrid was extremely pleased. Her pupil was beginning to break with the past.

"The Thanksgiving," Astrid whispered in Katie's ear and placed her other arm around Katie's belly so that her hand rested on the girl's hip.

"For the life You gave so freely," Katie said. "For Your Sacrifice and my rescue I thank You..." Astrid smiled.

"The Supplication," she whispered, "and the Mote."

"I beg Your wisdom and blessing," Katie whimpered, "upon myself and my Priestess..."

Astrid was surprised that Katie had prayed for her: It was not part of the ancient chant, but Katie's tears indicated that it had come from her heart.

"Make me the vessel of Your will, Goddess, that You may love others through me. So mote it be upon the earth You created," the pupil ended and dropped her arms to embrace her priestess. Astrid held her pupil tightly and let her regain her composure. Today's lesson would be taxing, even for a pupil who had not been touched by evil as Katie had been.

When she felt Katie relax in her arms Astrid told her "Sit down on the window seat." Katie obeyed as Astrid returned to the far side of the desk to take a hand mirror from the top drawer.

"Tell me, Katie," she said as she came to Katie's side and seated herself next to the naked girl, "what is the most important relationship in the Sisterhood?"

"Our relationships with our husbands," Katie said mechanically.

"Do you know what I meant when I told you that?" Astrid pressed, looking Katie in the face.

"I... I think you mean living with Master Lucius..." said Katie.

"Go on."

"You do things to further his... to make him a more powerful mage..." Katie fumbled for words. "I hope one day I can... have..."

"A relationship like Lu and I share?" Astrid asked? Katie nodded.

"Actually, dear, you'll do better to observe Maggie and John when you go to her home to complete your training. They've been together for more years than I've been alive and she's the Elder who advises me on such things. But that's another lesson for later."

"It seems odd to me that a Priestess needs advice," said Katie.

"When it comes to living with men," Astrid replied, "all women need advice from older sisters. In the Sisterhood we believe that husband and wife complete each other by displaying the nature of the God and Goddess to each other. While all marriages have things in common, each relationship is special, unique because every man and every woman is a unique creation. Understand so far?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Very good," said the priestess. "Now, today's lesson is something you'll have to help your husband learn someday, unless you take vows as a Sworn Virgin. Even then you'll be allowed to pleasure yourself, so... Katie, you're trembling."

Katie was visibly shaking although the room was warm. Her mind was reeling at the thought of "pleasure yourself": she had not masturbated since Bobby's ghost had touched her and sent her into madness.

It suddenly dawned on the pupil that her priestess wasn't moving, not breathing or blinking. The shadows of the oak branches outside the window had stopped moving as well.

"Priestess?" she asked.

No response.

"You're nothing but a sheep," said a male voice.

Katie looked across the office to see Aaron and Phinneas Carter, the vampires who had killed Bobby and held Katie, Molly, Bruce and Philippe in their lair to feed on their blood. The brothers' eyes glowed bright red.

"You're only a side dish," said one.

Katie couldn't move. She could only stare at the apparition.

"They're not there," said another voice, a calm familiar voice.

Katie turned her head to see the glowing form of Bobby, her dead boyfriend, the boy she meant to marry, who died before he could take her virginity that night in the shadows of the ancient oak.

"Bobby?" she whimpered. She tried to stand, but couldn't find her legs, so in desperation she reached for him only to see her hand swish through the glowing form.

"Bobby!" she shouted and burst into tears.

Bobby reached out and offered her his hand. This time she felt it and took it in both hands and pressed her face against the back of it, letting her tears flow. When she opened her eyes she saw what appeared to be blood where her tears had fallen. She remembered how the vampire's evil manifested itself when the ghost touched her clitoris on his last appearance: What looked like blood was the evil being poured out of her.

"The part they left in you must come out, Katie," Bobby said.

"Let go of her hand, Bobby," said Elizabeth.

Katie saw the glowing form of the nun who had died praying for her while she was in the lair: The ghost that had visited her so many times in the lair: The ghost who had, unknown to Katie, ordered Astrid to bring her into the Sisterhood to complete The Master's plan.

"Let go of her hand," Elizabeth repeated.

"I don't want to," said Bobby, looking longingly at Katie.

"Not your choice, Robert," said the nun. "She must join the Sisterhood. You and I have other tasks."

"Yes, ma'am," said Bobby, but before he released her he looked at Katie and said "Katie... I love you."

"Katie, you're trembling," said Astrid.

Katie was suddenly back in the world of the living.

"Yes, ma'am. I... I haven't 'pleasured' myself since the night..."

"Oh, child!" said Astrid. "I'm sorry to hear that!" She thought for a moment, then wrapped an arm around Katie's back and asked "Will you let me guide you through what the Sisterhood believes?"

Katie didn't hesitate to nod.

"Tell me, child, do you know when animals mate?" Astrid resumed.

"Ma'am?" Katie questioned.

"Cattle, sheep, dogs and cats," said Astrid. "When do they mate?"

"Only when the female is in heat..."

"Is that what humans do, Katie?"

"No, ma'am," said the girl. "We can have..." She couldn't complete the sentence.

"In the Sisterhood," Astrid picked up the conversation, "we say 'Wives and husbands choose to have sex, but the Goddess chooses when to create new life in our wombs.' Do you understand?"

"Yes, ma'am," said Katie, gaining confidence.

"Now, dear," said the priestess, "when you have a husband, YOU will have to teach him what makes YOU feel good. Any man can masturbate in a woman's vagina, but to make love is something that a couple learns from each other. Are you still with me?"

Katie nodded but said "I never thought of it that way before."

"Most modern women don't," said Astrid. She handed the mirror to Katie and said "Spread your legs and hold this so you can see your vagina."

Katie slowly reached down and parted her labia with the other hand.

"Pull the hood back to expose your clitoris," Astrid whispered.

Katie's breath was shallow as the pleasant feeling she hadn't even remembered began to grow between her legs.

"Very good, Katie," Astrid continued with a smile. "Judging from the look of the fluids running down to the window seat, I'd say you're ovulating this morning."

"Oh! I'm sorry, Priestess!" Katie gasped.

"Don't be!" said Astrid. "It's not wrong! In fact it makes what comes next easier: Place a finger in your vagina."

Katie inserted her forefinger into her dripping flesh up to the first knuckle. It felt surprisingly... satisfying.

"Do you know how to do kegel exercises, dear?" Astrid asked quietly.

"I... I don't know what 'kegel exercises' are," Katie stammered.

"OK, dear," Astrid replied. "Imagine that you're urinating and try to stop the stream. Can you flex the same muscles?"

"Yes, ma'am," said the pupil. "That's called..."

"Kegels," said Astrid, "named after the doctor who first wrote about it. Women have been doing it for generations beyond count, but now it's called a 'kegel.' Can you do one?"

Katie clinched her vaginal muscles around her finger and moaned in pleasure, much to Astrid's relief.

"Take your finger out and move it to your clitoris, dear," Astrid said.

Katie hesitated: She had never masturbated in front of anyone, but she obeyed.

Astrid smiled and moved her hand between the girl's labia and gently moved two fingers into Katie's vagina.

Katie's mind was spinning: No man or woman had ever touched her like this. Tears were flowing in both painful memories and physical pleasure.

"Do the kegel again, dear," Astrid ordered.

Katie clinched her muscles around the Priestess's fingers and continued to rub her clitoris. The first wave of an orgasm rolled over her crotch, the first she had felt since Bobby's ghost touched her. In a few seconds another swept her entire body and she dropped the mirror to the carpeted floor.

Astrid felt Katie go limp pulled her fingers out of the girl to catch her with both arms. She held Katie's body tightly and rested her own head on the pupil's shoulder. She planned the next entry in her journal: "Katherine completed the assignment."

Neither of them saw Elizabeth tug at Bobby's sleeve. It was time for the spirits to leave.

*

Part 3: The Ceremony at Cartier Plantation

Katie waited alone in the room, naked under her grey pupil's robe. She heard the chants from the other side of the curtains and her heart beat faster. Then there was a sudden silence.

"I've come to congratulate you, dear," said Elizabeth.

Katie looked at the glowing ghost without fear. "Does Priestess Astrid know you're here, Sister?" she puzzled.

"No, dear," said Elizabeth. "I have to exert considerable effort to make her see me; She's a fine priestess, but seeing spirits is just not her gift." She took Katie's hand in both of hers. "That's why you're joining the Sisterhood."

"You planned it this way?" Katie puzzled.

"Not I, dear," said the ghost. "I'm just the messenger. The Master has plans that you will fulfill in this coven." She let go of Katie and said "Look at your hand."

Every time the spirits had touched Katie before she had seen what appeared to be blood as the residue of the vampires' evil manifested itself. This time there was nothing.

A bell sounded and Elizabeth was gone. The bell was Katie's signal to enter the next room so she dropped her robe to the floor, parted the red curtains and stepped through.

To the assembled women, the naked woman emerging from the curtains symbolized the child emerging from her mother's womb, reborn into the new life of the Sisterhood. Katie knelt before the altar and bowed her head.

"Elder, has this woman learned that which is required for her to enter our mysteries?" Astrid called out loudly?

"Yes, Priestess," Maggie answered from behind Katie. Katie had feared that Maggie would not be satisfied, and she breathed deeply in relief.

"Rise, Katherine Boudreaux," said Astrid. Katie stood and Astrid continued her lines: "Look upon what no man may see!" Behind the altar two sisters parted another set of curtains.

Katie's jaw fell open and her eyes opened as wide as saucers at the sight. The room seemed to spin and she felt herself falling. Two women behind her caught her before she reached the floor and blackness overwhelmed her.

12