King of the Zombies

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Samuelx
Samuelx
2,123 Followers

Definitely not what I expected. The leader of the undead forces was a tall, good-looking, blonde...woman! Can you guess who it was? If your guess included my sister-in-law, give yourselves a cookie. There she was. Kayla Quincy. My brother's wife. The evil mastermind behind the undead takeover of the planet Earth and the nearly complete extinction of the human species. I was too stunned to talk, even though I had a lot of questions. She didn't mind doing the talking, with a smirk on her pretty face too. I couldn't believe my eyes. How could a zombie get inside the city of Boston and live? Any human who saw him or her would kill them. Zombies were intelligent, highly capable fighters. But infiltration wasn't something they did. They liked to come at you with fangs bared, guns blazing and all. Deceit of this magnitude wasn't part of their repertoire.

Kayla Quincy grinned at me, and told me her story. She was born over a century ago. One of the first zombies ever. She discovered that she wasn't like other zombies. She was the daughter of the female scientist who created the virus which spawned the undead in the first place. The virus which infected her made her different from all the others. She was special alright. Ordinary zombies were barely above animals. They could walk and talk, but they were slaves to their instincts. Not big on planning. Any human with a gun could be the death of them. Kayla changed all that. She organized the zombies into a fighting force. And they went after the human cities.

Long after human civilization fell, there were Fortresses which humanity still kept and the war against the undead raged. These were the small human strongholds I grew up knowing about. My native Chicago. Boston. Chugiak, in Alaska. The Vatican in Italy. We stayed in touch with each other. Back when every fortress had at least one helicopter for long-term travel. The zombies swarmed over our cities because we were fighting a different kind of zombie. The original zombies walked and talked, doing little more than uttering threats while charging into human strongholds like mindless beasts. Kayla changed them. She taught them. She smiled in a feral way and told me the undead called her the Matriarch of their race. The Holy Mother of the Dead. I would have laughed if it weren't so damn scary. This bitch was responsible for rendering humanity nearly extinct.

I suddenly felt dizzy. One person had done all that. An undead woman. Billions of men and women had perished because of this one woman. And I was on a ship filled with her loyal subjects, all of whom were armed to the teeth. Literally. So, this is how humanity ends. Betrayed by a half-human woman with a grudge against all mankind. And I was to be the shmuck who stood there, unable to change any of it. Well, not if I can help it.

As I stood there, absorbing it all, Kayla came closer. She wanted to drive a few more nails into my coffin. She told me she had a few undead spies among the humans of Boston. They would strike at the right moment, when given the order. I voiced my amazement as to how she could remain undetected in a city filled with paramilitary paranoid humans.

Kayla laughed and took my hand, pressing it against her chest. I gasped as I felt her heart beating. In a chilling voice, she told me that she wasn't undead, merely halfway there. She had the superhuman strength and speed of the zombies, along with their ravenous desire for human flesh and blood. However, she didn't register at room temperature the way they did. So, our machines would never detect her as anything other than human. She laughed as she told me how naïve my brother was to fall in love with her. She had fooled everyone. Fighting alongside us while betraying us. And we never even suspected any of it. Damn, the bitch had thought of everything.

I looked at her. She was smiling cockily. She had a right to feel cocky. She had single-handedly brought down the remnants of human civilization and was leading an army of countless undead super soldiers upon the last human city. A city that would soon fall. She had won. What could I, a mere human, do against such supernatural might? However, I remembered something. In the back of my trousers, near the crack of my ass, I keep two things. Condoms and lube ( for random sexual encounters ) along with a tiny pocket knife. Folks, life isn't all that happy in twenty-second century earth. Sometimes, I've gone to bed with a lively, attractive and very human woman and woken up next to a snarling undead witch. It happens to many guys. They just don't like talking about it. So I brought my knife along on dates.

Kayla's beautiful, cocky face was dangerous close to mine. She grabbed my face and planted a Judas kiss on me. I saw an opening, and took it. This might be my last move as a living man, and I wanted to make it count. Fast as lighting, I whipped out my knife and plunged it into Kayla Quincy's left eye socket.

The half-undead superwoman screamed in pain and shock. Her undead troopers surged forward, guns ready. I stood there, not caring whether I lived or died. I smiled, admiring my handiwork.

Kayla frantically ran her hands over her face, and blood rushed over her fingers where her eye had been. She stared at me through her baleful eye, a rage unlike anything I'd ever seen filled her face. I realized that I was about to die. That's okay with me. I've always been a fighter. I never pick fights with anyone, man or woman. However, anyone coming after me should know that, even if he or she wins against me, I'm going to give them a reason to remember the name. How do I do this? By taking from them something they can't replace. And I was right. Kayla Quincy, Matriarch of the Undead and Holy Mother of the Damned could heal, and she had super strength and speed, but she couldn't replace what I'd taken from her. She wasn't as invincible as she thought she was. And that realization dawned on her only when it was too late.

Every undead soldier on the ship had his or her gun aimed at me.

They were ready to fire. But Kayla stopped them. Instead, she took me out herself. With superhuman strength she grabbed me, and sank her teeth into my neck. I screamed in pain. In spite of it all, I fought against her. She struck me harder than a truck could have, unintentionally sending me flying overboard. I think that's what saved my life. I fell into the sea, and didn't surface. The current carried me off, away from the undead soldiers rifles and their wounded queen.

I don't quite know how I got to Boston, but somehow I did. The current brought me back up the Charles River, and I went back to my city. I knew I was infected. Soon, I would be a zombie. They would have to kill me. I accepted that. However, I had to warn them about Kayla's undead spies and the extent of her treachery. I was captured by human soldiers and brought before the Supreme Council, a group of seven men and four women who ruled the city of Boston. These individuals controlled everything, including the paramilitary hordes of the Protectorate.

Nothing went on without them. I told them the entire story. They didn't believe me. Not even my family did. That's when I saw the truth. The men and women of the Council weren't human. They were super zombies, much like Kayla Quincy herself. And so, for the second time that day, I took it upon myself to face a traitor.

As Kayla's undying venom coursed through my veins, I realized something. I was not only becoming a zombie, I could also somehow sense other zombies. They were obvious to me. Like telling red from blue. And so I saw the Council members for what they were. I ordered them searched. The Council was outraged, as were the leaders of the Protectorate. However, for once my family came to my defense. Lucas himself volunteered to scan the Council members. And surely enough, they were all zombies. Completely human-looking zombies who had mastered the art of infiltration. They were immediately put to death. The entire city was reeling. As for me, I volunteered for termination. Nobody wanted to do it. Until one of our scientists came with a plan.

They observed me in a lab for the next few months. I had become a zombie, but I wasn't a regular one. My heart didn't beat. But my brain functions were essentially unchanged. When a person becomes a zombie, he or she is no longer the person they once were, though they can walk and talk like a human. Zombies crave human flesh and blood. It's what drives them. They have no conscience. With their overriding aggressive instincts, they're incapable of doing anything without fighting and feeding, though they retain the ability to speak and some of their human intelligence.

I wasn't like them. Somehow, Kayla Quincy's bite had transformed into another kind of zombie. My brain produced a chemical which protected my higher mental faculties, thus preventing me from becoming a slavering beast like all zombies. Using my blood, they were able to create a behaviour-modification serum. They acquired fresh zombies as test subjects. They effectively tamed them and put me in charge of them. Thus, the Blood Runners were born.

Unfortunately, the serum didn't work long term. The behaviour modification program failed. My fellow zombies Slice, Melinda, Nikki and Anthony reverted to their natural state. They were desperate to rejoin the undead army. But not before finishing me off as a traitor to their cause. So, here I am. Resting on the barren floor of the wasteland. I've nearly run out of gas. My rifle is low on ammo. What's a guy to do? As if on cue, my former team mates appeared. All four of them. Slice. Melinda. Anthony. Nikki. All of them were armed to the teeth. And they were not smiling. Zombies don't usually feed on other zombies but

I guess in my case they felt like making an exception. I smiled. Everyday is a good day to die.

I stood up, facing them. A bullet struck me on the chest, and another hit my thigh. I fell. I felt no pain, but even though I was technically undead, I'm not invulnerable. I looked up to see my team mates looking down at me. All of them were once human.

Then they became zombies. The human scientists captured them and reprogrammed them to hunt their own kind. For months now they'd been acting against their will. They thought I was one of them. But now they knew I wasn't. I was a zombie who fought against his fellow zombies of his own free will, all to protect humanity. I was the ultimate traitor. My thoughts flashed to Kayla Quincy's one-eyed, hate-filled visage. I suddenly remembered I've been in worse situations, even as my former comrades began hacking at me with machetes.

They were so focused on venting their rage by hacking me to pieces that they didn't notice the hand grenade I clutched in my right hand.

Melinda's baleful eyes widened when she saw it. Slice groaned in frustrated rage. Nikki kicked me in the nuts. Anthony spat on me.

I laughed, and uncapped it. Then I threw it in the air and rolled away. All around me the world went boom. I never get tired of hearing the sound of explosions and screams. Nor do I ever get tired of the sight of blood. They're a big part of my life. Kind of like breathing is for you, I guess. So, here I am. Folks, I'm literally falling apart. My guts are hanging out. And I can't feel anything. Wait, I couldn't feel anything before the explosion so fuck that!

I looked around and saw my former comrades, lying in pieces. I took a nearby machete, and went to each and every single one of them. I had a present for them and there was no time like now to share it. I caught Slice first. He had been literally blown apart. His upper body lay near me, and the rest of him was gone. He glared at me with hate. I smiled. Hey, stud. You're missing your lower half. I bet the Missus is gonna be upset. He didn't get a chance to reply. I chopped his head in two. Then I went after Melinda. She crawled away from me. The grenade had severely damaged her, but her ass still looked great. Too bad she fought for the other side. I decapitated her, and threw the skull away.

I suddenly felt something grabbing me. It was what remained of Nikki. The once-sexy Asian zombie chick now looked like a mess. I guess explosions will give you bad hair days. She was gnawing on my foot. I lunged with the blade and cleaved her head in two.

Where was Anthony?

Suddenly, I felt something rip through me. Anthony stood over me, glaring at me with undisguised hatred. I laughed. No hard feelings, amigo? He speared me with the long metallic blade he always carried. If I could feel pain, I would have screamed. Instead, I kept laughing. That really pissed off Anthony, who stomped on my face and spat on me. I blindly lashed out with the machete, and suddenly Anthony was on top of me. I had cut both his legs off. The fat bastard began gnawing on me. I dug my fingers into his eye sockets. Bet that's upsetting. Even blind, he kept hitting me. His fanged mouth opened, looking for my throat. With a final swipe of the machete, I chopped his head off. He lay still at last.

I don't know for how long I lay there but it was quite a while. Long enough for the feathered bastards to come. Carrion birds. They love us zombies. We're walking smorgasbords. I caught two of them, and feasted on their flesh. Yummy. Not as good as snake meat but tasty nonetheless. I felt the strength returning to my undead body. I felt like I had just died yesterday. Goody. I got up and picked up the machete. I took my bike and rode away.

I don't know for how long I wandered the wasteland. Here and there, I saw legions of zombies. Hordes of them. Numbering in the millions. All marching toward a single direction. I saw a small group of them at the back of the horde. They didn't sense anything different about me, so when I asked them for information they were forthcoming. Apparently, the Matriarch of the Undead Nation, as Kayla Quincy now calls herself, had summoned all the zombies of the world. They were to mount a final assault against the crumbling city of Boston.

I traveled with this troop of zombies. I don't know why, but I didn't feel like being alone. Also, I was weakened from my battle with my comrades and quite hungry. They fed me, at least. Deer, bull, wolf and even tiger. Sometimes, they fed on a human tribe they caught. I didn't participate in the feeding on humans. I didn't look suspicious, though. Only the generals of the zombie army got a taste. I was a nobody. This was a well-fed, well-trained zombie army marching toward Boston. They were bringing reinforcements to the hordes currently besieging the city. I don't know what I could do, but I'd do something. I couldn't let my city fall. mankind could not be allowed to perish. When we got there, the city of Boston lay in ruins. Nearly two hundred thousand were dead. A few thousands had escaped while the remainder fought. There was a sense of consternation in the zombie army. How had the humans escaped?

Apparently, they'd been building boats and made their escape while their fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters sacrificed their lives to give them a chance. I smiled. Human ingenuity at work. So, mankind had a chance to rebuild elsewhere. Cool. Slowly, carefully, I left the zombie army. I wandered off on my own.

Something disturbing had happened to me as I was with the zombie army. You see, zombies don't heal. They live forever unless they are slain or starved. But no injury sustained by a true zombie ever heals. Healing is an ability of living things, not of the dead. I put my hand to my chest, and realized that my heart was still dead. No pulse. I registered at room temperature, just like all the undead. What was going on? I don't know. But I like it. I wasn't a zombie. I wasn't human. I also wasn't whatever Kayla Quincy was.

What in hell was I? I don't know. I walked to a watering hole, and saw a snake slithering nearby. I caught it and ate it. It tasted good. I whipped out my dick and took a whiz, then did something I hadn't done in ages. I slept. I dreamed of tomorrow. Someday, humans and zombies would be long gone, after dancing their little dance. And the world would be mine.

Samuelx
Samuelx
2,123 Followers
12