K's Candy Ch. 006

Story Info
Candy plays 'beat the clock'.
1.8k words
4.19
60.5k
3

Part 6 of the 31 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 04/09/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Part 6: Busy Day

I was cleaning up after breakfast when Katherine called to me. "Here's everything you need." I peeked around the corner at her. She smiled.

"Oh, and I realized I might not have been clear about something. When I said 'wash the cars' I meantyouwash the cars, not take them to a car wash." She turned and started to walk away. "OK, time for me to get showered."

I gulped softly. I actuallyhadplanned on going to the car wash. My day was getting more hectic by the minute and I hadn't even started to do anything yet. I laughed to myself and thought thank goodness I don't know how to change my own oil!

I finished cleaning up and got dressed in a T-shirt and a pair of ratty cut-offs and old sneakers. I had to rummage around a bit for a bucket and some rags. I found them, grabbed the soap and went out to get the hose.

Washing the cars turned out to be actually sort of fun. It was a beautiful day out and the simple process of making something clean was quietly pleasing.

Miss popped her head out the door and watched me as I was finishing drying her car. She called out.

"Don't forget to vacuum the interior spotless, Candy. Oh, and I'm guessing you don't have a good car wax on hand. Add that to your list today, to pick some up; both cars are to be immaculate and well-waxed each time."

"Yes, Miss," I replied, blushing wildly and looking around, wondering if any neighbors had heard that exchange.

I vacuumed Miss' car thoroughly, then went about washing and vacuuming mine. I started to worry about the time, mindful of her instruction to have her car back 1. I put away the car-washing things and went about hurriedly getting ready to go out. Katherine watched me dashing around.

"Hm, for today, I'll let you go out like that. As a rule, I don't ever want you dressed as you currently are, even around the house or washing the car. And especially in public. You represent me, after all. But for today, it's more important that you get everything done in a timely fashion, and I need my car back."

I couldn't think of anything to say other than "yes, Miss." And normally I wouldn't have gone out looking like this, even to the gas station and Quik-Lube. But one look at the clock told me it was time to scoot.

Miss swatted my butt playfully . . . "get going, girl . . . see you before 1."

I jumped a little, more in surprise than anything else, both at the little swat and at her calling me "girl." Like everything else with Katherine it seemed perfectly normal, natural. I shook my head in wonder as I headed out the door.

I got Miss' car gassed up and the oil changed; there was a bit of a wait. Nervously I watched the clock and fretted as it seemedeveryonewas getting their oil changed today. But it all worked out and I got done and out of there and pulled into the driveway at 12:52.

I went inside and put Miss' keys on the table. She came out from her bedroom, casually but very elegantly dressed, as she always seemed to be. She hugged me.

"Good job, Candy. Well, I'm off lunch and some shopping with a couple of friends." She looked me up and down. "I need everything done and you back by 4. You'll want to shower and change before you go out again . . . but watch your time. And be sure to eat lunch at some point."

I nodded. "Yes, Miss. Should I get dinner started when I get home?"

She thought a moment. Hmm. I'll call later and let you know." She turned and headed for the door. Bye for now, Candy. Enjoy your day." She laughed softly.


"Bye, Miss . . . you too."

I watched her go and then picked up my list, crossing off the items I'd done and adding "get car wax" and "have lunch." Ididneed to write that last one down . . . missing lunch was something I could easily have done without a reminder.

I looked at the clock again and quickly got the shower started and stripped. I didn't dawdle in the shower, although I usually love a long shower on the weekends. I could feel myself giving over, surrendering in some way to the pace, her pace, as I did everything I'd normally do, but more efficiently. Normally, I'd obsess for half an hour on what to wear; today I found a top and a denim skirt, saw that they matched, and put them on. I got my makeup done in record time, it seemed, put on a pair of nicer sneakers, gathered my list, keys, phone, and what Miss had left for me and headed out the door.

Mentally I planned the route. Gas station first. Easy – in, fill up, out. One thing off the list. I felt a peculiar, disproportionate sense of joy at the simple act of crossing something off of my list.

The Post Office was next. That would be easy. They have a little drive-up mailbox, so I wouldn't even have to get out of the car. This list was goingdownunder the efficient whirlwind that was me today!

Just as I pulled into the drive-up mailbox, my cell phone went off. It was Katherine.

"Candy? Did you do the Post Office yet?" No hello, right to the point.

"Was just about to."

There was a short silence, then I realized.

"Was just about to, Miss."

"Good, glad I caught you in time. I need you to go inside and get one of those little charts with the international postal rates on it. And I need stamps."

"Yes Miss."

"Good girl." The call clicked dead.

I sighed. So much for the drive-thru errand. I found a parking space after a bit and walked into the Post Office. Of course, a long line. I cursed silently and stood there, with no recourse but to watch the smoothly efficient schedule start to crumble before my eyes. Leaving and coming back wasn't an option – they'd be closed before too long.

After what seemed like forever I got to the front of the line and got what I needed. I rushed back to the car, crossed the Post Office off the list, and headed out, destination Nordstrom's.

I got there. Not a long line, only one person in front of me, but of course some drama about the return. Eventually it got sorted out.

Another list item bites the dust. The Post Office had thrown off the schedule, but still, I could do this. I saw a deli and pulled in. I got sandwich, chips, and a soda and headed on my way.

I ate my lunch driving to the T-Mobile store. Nothing is ever simple with a cell phone company. Finally I got out of there with Miss' new charger in hand. I glanced at the cell phone. Time was whittling down on me. I headed for the drycleaners.

That, at least, was simple. In, out, and on my way again. Only the grocery store and the car wax were left now.

I literally raced through the grocery store, making a quick stop at the auto parts store for the wax and drove home, lucky to have not gotten a ticket, and got into the house and the groceries inside. I glanced at the clock. 3:56.

I collapsed onto the couch, breathing a big sigh of relief. I'd made it. I closed my eyes.

I was jolted awake by the ringing phone. Panicked, I raced for it and picked it up, not knowing it I'd been asleep for five minutes for two hours.

It was Miss. I looked at the clock – exactly 4. It was four minutes I'd been asleep.

"Hi. I see you've made it home on time. Get everything done?"

"Yes, Miss."

"Good girl. I'm guessing you got home just in the nick of time, plopped down on the couch, and promptly fell asleep. Probably didn't even get a chance to put the groceries away yet."

I was glad she couldn't see what must've been my all-over blush.

"Errrr . . . Yes Miss."

She laughed softly. "Well, get the groceries put away. I'll be home soon."

"Yes, Miss. Shall I start dinner?"

"No, Candy. I think we'll go out tonight."

"Oooo . . . yes, Miss."

The phone clicked dead.

I got the groceries put away, and was just about to plop back down on the couch when the phone rang again.

"I'm just about to pull onto the block. Meet me outside; I have things to be brought in.

"Yes Miss."

I went outside, and Katherine pulled into a driveway a minute later. She indicated what needed to come inside and walked by me, into the house. I got the bags and went inside.

I set her bags down. She was sitting on the couch, idly flipping channels with the remote. She looked over at me.

She dropped a couch pillow onto the floor in front of her. "Come and kneel here, Candy." I moved across the room and knelt, facing her, feeling the relative ease of kneeling on a pillow. She smiled down at me and set the remote down.

"I planned to have us go out for dinner tonight, Candy, but I decided that we still have a lot of "getting to know each other" to do, and I didn't want to take the extra time away from that." She picked up the cordless phone and dialed a number, looking at me as she waited for her call to be answered. "So we'll have pizza delivered and hang out here."

I smiled. I was tired from running around all day and while going outsoundedgood, a pizza at home was a much more appealing thought.

She ordered our food, paid with her credit card, and hung up, setting the phone down. "It'll be here in half an hour. I want you to change. To wear something more conducive to an evening in."

I listened, thinking, "cool, sweats and a T-shirt." But what Isaidwas "Change, Miss? Did you have something in mind?"

Katherine smiled. "Actually, I do, Candy. Go into the Bradburn's bag you brought in and pull out the white box."

I did as ordered and got the white box. "Open it," she said.

I took the lid off of the box and moved the tissue paper out of the way. . . .