L Is For Lesbian

Story Info
An unexpected friendship changes a divorcee's life.
1.8k words
4.35
30.1k
5
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
velvetpie
velvetpie
1,283 Followers

Inspired by Sue Grafton’s alphabetical series.

Gracie Abernathy gazed at her reflection in the mirror and sighed deeply. Her dark brown hair hung limply around her moon-shaped face. Her thin lips were pursed in an eternal scowl and her watery blue eyes bore the marks of little sleep and much anxiety. I look like a train wreck. Twenty-four hours ago, she was the most beautiful woman in the world, Twenty-four hours ago, she was Mrs. David Allan Abernathy, queen of all she surveyed. Twenty-four hours ago, she had been married.

Today, she was divorced.

The papers still lay on the floor where she’d tossed them and she stepped over them, heading for her bed. She didn’t feel like seeing anyone today. She just wanted to crawl back in between the sheets of her queen-sized bed and sleep the pain away. Unfortunately, the phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Hi, Gracie.” It was David. Her heart crumbled. “How are you?”

“How do you expect me to be?”

“I’m sorry, Gracie. Really, I am.”

“Funny way to show it.”

She thought about how he’d broken the news. Over dinner at her favorite restaurant, eating her favorite sole meuniere and vinegar cream leeks, drinking her favorite Meridian Chardonnay.Gracie, I want out of our marriage. I need more.More what? His answer didn’t surprise her. Sex.

“Look, Gracie, I didn’t call to argue.”

“Then why did you call?”

“I just wanted to make sure that you were okay.”

“I’m just fine, David. Now run along and fuck your new bimbo!”

She was still trembling after slamming the phone onto its cradle and angrily glared at it a few seconds longer. How dare he call and ask about her well-being? Where was all that care and concern the last 19 years of their married life?

The phone rang again. “Hello?”

“Hey, girl!” It was Monicca, a good friend from work. “What’s up?”

“My blood pressure.”

“You got the papers?”

“Yeah.”

“I’m on my way.”

“No, Mon, you don’t have to.”

“Yes, I do, Gracie. You don’t need to be sittin’ in that great big house, thinking about his dumb ass!”

“You’ve got a point there, dear girl.”

“Get dressed. Let’s do some power shopping!”

Half an hour later, Monicca arrived and Gracie felt the fog lift in her friend’s embrace. The black woman smiled into her eyes.

“You okay, honey?”

“Better now that you’re here.”

Monicca grinned. “Good. Now, are you ready to go?”

“I guess.”

“You guess? Come on, Gracie. You knew David was a shit.”

“Yeah, but he wasmy shit.”

Monicca laughed, grabbing Gracie’s car keys. “Well, now he can be someone else’s shit!” Gracie laughed. “Now come on!”

Monicca drove them to the Highland Mall, a two-story edifice that held all the major department store chain and then some. Traffic was light, due to the hour, and she was happy to find a space near the west entrance.

“This way, we don’t have to walk so far with our bags.” Gracie nodded, agreeing with her friend and the twosome entered the mall. Monicca bought several pairs of shoes and a handbag while Gracie only bought a pair of shoes and a bracelet. “Girlfriend, where are your goods?”

“Huh? I bought some shoes.”

“I boughtsix pairs!” Monicca shook her head. “I can see that more drastic measures are needed. Come on.”

“Where are we going?”

“To Bergdorf’s to look at some dresses.”

“Monicca … “

“What? You aren’t going to tell me that you don’t wear dresses, are you?”

“No, it’s just that … “

“You’re not in the mood, I know. Well, hopefully, by the time we’re done, you will be in the mood. Now come on!”

The dresses were beautiful but there were so many racks of them that Gracie was having a hard time choosing one. Monicca took her selections into the changing room, leaving her friend still searching.

“That one would look great on you.”

Gracie turned to a smiling brunette wearing a smartly-cut suit over her perfect figure. “You think so?”

“Absolutely. It’s perfect for your coloring.”

Gracie took a long look at the dress. “I don’t know. It’s a little daring, don’t you think?”

“A beautiful woman like you is afraid of a waist slit?” The brunette laughed. “I’m sure that you have some knockout legs under those pants. You’ll have the guys all over you wherever you go in that.”

Gracie immediately hung the dress back on the rack. “Then I don’t want it.”

“The dress or the men?”

“The men.”

The brunette seemed to digest the information, looking at more dresses. “Women would be all over you, too.”

Women? Gracie thought that was strange. Was this woman trying to tell her something? It had been a long time since she’d even thought about women. She’d played around in college but nothing serious had come of it. Still, she had never forgotten the feeling of a woman’s tongue in her mouth and soft fingers on her thighs. “I don’t know.”

“Well, why not try it on? Seeing yourself in it is always a clincher.”

“You’re right.” Gracie draped it over her arm. “Thanks for the help.”

“You’re very welcome.”

The stranger had been right. The dress complimented her long torso and showed enough leg to make a eunuch blush. The neckline plunged just enough to show off Gracie’s ample cleavage and the cool periwinkle color brought out the blondness of her hair and fair skin. Gracie came out of the dressing room and gave a twirl in front of Monicca.

“Oh, Gracie! Now that’s a fuck me dress if I’ve ever seen one!” Gracie laughed. “We’ll have to find some fuck me pumps to go with them.”

“I agree.” The brunette chimed in and Gracie blushed with a shy smile. “Try these.”

While Monicca and the young woman talked, Gracie slipped the satin sling backs onto her feet. The fit was perfect and the design gave her feet a sexy look.

“Perfect!” Monicca exclaimed. “You were so right about those, girl.”

“That’s my job.” The brunette introduced herself as Alyson Smithers and she was a professional personal buyer. It explained why she knew so much about clothes. She gave Monicca some pointers about some of her selections and even allowed them to use her discount card when they were ready to make their purchases. “You’ve got to get your hair done.”

“Why?” Gracie tugged on one of her limp locks.

“Because I’m having a party tonight and I’d love it if both of you would come.”

Monicca laughed. “You won’t be able to get anyone near her hair with a ten-foot pole.”

“Why’s that?”

“Gracie doesn’t let anyone touch her hair.”

Alyson turned to Gracie. “Is that true?”

Gracie nodded. “I had someone screw my hair up so badly one time that I decided that no one was ever going to touch it again.”

“And so you cut it yourself?”

“Yes.”

“Well, that ends today. Come with me.”

Alyson took Gracie and Monicca to her favorite salon, one that was almost impossible to get into and had Gracie sitting in a chair with her hairdresser, Alain. While Alain did her hair, Monicca and Alyson giggled and grinned at her, as if they were sharing some private joke. Nearly two hours later, Gracie emerged and was moved to tears when she saw her new hairdo. She was gorgeous.

“Wow!” Monicca gave her a hug and a kiss. “Stunning!”

Alyson’s green eyes seemed to sparkle at Gracie. “Now you fit that dress.” Gracie couldn’t speak. “So will you come to my party?”

“Yes.” Gracie smiled, hearing the word from her own mouth. “Yes.”

*****

Monicca looked like a million dollars. She always did. That was what made her tears all the sweeter when she saw Gracie.

Gracie’s limp hair was effervescent with vitality, now fashionably windblown and very alluring. Her make-up was flawless, her lips pink-plum and full and her eyelashes long and dark. The dress clung to her curves and showed her delicious legs and shapely calves.

“Gracie, if you were a man, I’d fuck you!”

The two friends laughed and hugged again before heading to Alyson’s house. Alyson did not live far away and her house was nearly as large as Gracie’s mansion. Lights illuminated the path to the front door and a valet was parking cars. Alyson answered the door, her eyes locked onto Gracie.

“Wow! You look beautiful!” Gracie blushed and Monicca gave her a funny look. She had noticed that this was the second time that Gracie had blushed with Alyson. “You look great, too, Monicca! Have you ever done any modeling?”

“Just when I was younger.”

“Would you be interested in doing any now? You’d be perfect for my personal shows.”

“I might.”

“Good. We’ll talk about it next week. Right now, why don’t both of you head on down those stairs, grab a drink and mingle?”

“Great. Thanks, Alyson.”

Monicca asked for a gin and tonic for Gracie and a rum and coke for herself and the women downed them quickly. “So what’s going on?”

“With what?”

“You and that girl.”

“Alyson? Nothing.”

“Yet.” Monicca hefted her new drink, grinning at her friend. “You like her, don’t you?”

Gracie swallowed, deep in thought. She knew that she had not imagined Alyson’s interest. But she was unsure of what she was going to do about it. “She is pretty.”

“Yes.”

“Do you think I’m crazy?”

“Not at all. Just make sure you give me all the details, eh?”

Gracie laughed. The party was a huge success and both women met the movers and shakers of their area. Monicca had made several promises for dates and Gracie had found a couple new clients for her law firm. Alyson moved effortlessly in the crowd, her red dress drawing the attention to her curvy figure. A few times, Gracie had caught her staring but had been unable to hold the stare, feeling shy and uncomfortable.

Near the end of the evening, Alyson found Gracie on the balcony, enjoying the cool spring air. “Hi.”

“Hi. Your party is very nice. Thanks for inviting us.”

“You’re welcome.” Alyson smiled. “You look very beautiful, Gracie. You take my breath away.”

“Really?”

The brunette nodded, touching her hand lightly. “Gracie, at the risk of losing your friendship, I have to be honest with you. I’m a lesbian.”

“I figured that.”

“Does that bother you?”

“No.”

“Does it bother you that I’m attracted to you?”

“No.”

“Then would you go on a date with me?” Gracie turned to Alyson with a shocked expression. “I mean, we could go to a movie or have dinner in … “

“I’d love to, Alyson.”

“Good.”

Monicca came out, a big smile on her face. “Are you ready to go?”

“Yes.” Gracie smiled at Alyson. “I guess you’ll call me next week?”

“Absolutely.”

As Gracie left the house, her eyes still on Alyson’s, she felt better than she had in years, all because of a lesbian. And she smiled.

velvetpie
velvetpie
1,283 Followers