Lady Hideaway Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Blulady
Blulady
624 Followers

Conner gave her another reassuring smile and leaned to kiss her, but her lips thwarted him as she pulled her face back. Conner jerked his head back, not knowing whether or not to be offended. She was now holding his hand rather tightly. It was the suspicious expression on her face that made him nervous.

“What did Misty tell you?” Tessa asked, her voice was shaky and he could tell that she was trying to remain calm. “Obviously you know what happened to me Conner. We’ve already established that.”

Conner nodded in agreement.

“I wasn’t sure you wanted to talk about that.” he replied.

“I don’t… but I need to know. How much did Misty tell you?”

Conner glanced at their joined hands. Her fingers were turning white; she was gripping his hand so hard. He was almost afraid that if he said the wrong thing she might accidentally break his hand. When he met her eyes again she looked expectant, and afraid of what he might say. Conner knew he had to say something. He had been waiting for this moment to speak to her but now he had no idea how to start.

“She told me about David,” Conner explained after a few moments, “and how you never came home from the prom. She told me about the stalker, and she told me that when you came home you were very brave.”

Tessa closed her eyes for a second, refusing to let herself cry. She didn’t want to cry around Conner. She wanted to be happy.

“And?” she whispered.

“She didn’t go into detail Tessa. She told me how you escaped, and how hard it was for you when you found out about David.” Tessa nodded, and when she didn’t speak Conner forced himself to continue. “It was Katrina who told me how he… I know he came back Tessa. I guess you haven't told anyone much about the second time, and that’s all right, I don’t expect you to tell me either. I won’t pretend to understand what it was like for you, but I can guess… Tessa, it’s all right to be afraid. The man who did those things to you is still out there, and you have every right to feel the way you do… is that why you’re afraid to go outside? You’re afraid he’ll come back again?”

Tessa took in one panicked breath and then let it out, forcing herself to be calm as the first few tears were blinked away from her eyes. She couldn’t look at him at this point; she could only stare at her hands, refusing to look into his eyes.

“I don’t know what happened to me.” She breathed, shaking her head, “It wasn’t always like this, it really wasn’t… At first I stayed in my house because I thought I needed time. I thought that if I stayed in here I would forget. I couldn’t even look out the windows because I thought he could see me, he was always watching.”

Conner frowned, her last statement bothered him. He was always watching? Or, it felt like he was watching?

“I don’t know how, or when it happened,” she continued, “but one day I woke up and I realized that I had been in here so long that I could hardly remember the rest of the world. The only thing I could remember was the one thing that I wanted to forget. I guess I was cut off for so long that everything outside of my house started to feel so far away, and scary.”

The tears were falling down her face and she made no effort to stop them, so Conner lifted a napkin from the table and gently wiped her tears away. She turned her eyes on him but only briefly. He hated that she couldn’t look at him.

“You’re not alone Tessa.” he said softly, “and if you want to go outside, you won’t be alone then either.”

Tessa looked up quickly and shook her head.

“Conner I can’t go…”

“I know.” he insisted, “I meant, when you’re ready to go out, I’ll be there.”

“And what if I never am?”

Tessa was obviously afraid of his answer, but Conner was ready to assure her that it would be alright, even if there was no doubt in his mind that Tessa would eventually be able to go out again. He leaned forward and wrapped her in his arms. She let him do it and rested her head on his shoulder.

“It doesn’t matter.” Conner whispered, “You have to do what is right for you. I’m not going anywhere.”

“You don’t hate me?”

Conner pulled himself back and studied her again, wondering where the hell she came up with these asinine questions. He wanted to tell her to knock it off, but when he saw how serious she was he just wanted to hold her.

“For not going outside?” he asked, trying to determine a reason for the question.

“No,” Tessa shook her head. “You know what happened to me. You don’t hate me? I’m… I’m dirty, Conner.”

Conner quickly wiped more tears from her face as he cradled her head and then pulled her into his chest, closing his eyes and trying to keep his own emotions in check. He gently rocked her, hating that she seemed so broken.

“Never.” He whispered, “You’re not dirty Tessa. You had no control over what happened, it’s not your fault. It’s not your fault.” He continued to pull at her, lifting her from her chair until she was in his lap, and although she seemed relatively calm except for the tears, he rocked her in his arms, caringly running his fingers through her hair. It almost seemed like Conner was suddenly more upset than Tessa was. “Jesus Tessa, it’s not you’re fault. Why do you think it’s you’re fault?”

Conner seemed to be thinking out loud, not really asking a question, but he still wanted an answer, and when she didn’t respond he touched her face and tilted her teary eyes towards him.

“Why do you think it’s your fault?” he asked again. Tessa’s eyes fell and her frown seemed to control her entire face, “There’s nothing to be ashamed of,” Conner insisted, “Please tell me.”

“The things he did to me…I didn’t stop him, Conner.”

“You couldn’t.” Conner frowned, “and I think you know that Tessa. It wasn’t your fault. He hurt you. You didn’t ask for it, and you didn’t want it. The only one to blame is that psycho.”

Conner seemed to be glaring at her, waiting for a response and after a few minutes she reluctantly nodded in agreement. He tried to smile at her, but by now he could hardly do that. He decided to kiss her again, holding her as his tongue slowly explored her mouth. He took his time, holding her as her arms held tight to his neck and she almost desperately accepted his kiss before she pulled away to breathe.

Tessa rested her head on his shoulder and listened to the sound of his heart through his warm body. Conner had stopped rocking her and now he seemed to be calmly stroking her hair. He was silent, and she could only imagine what he was thinking. She closed her eyes for a moment and then opened them when she heard Conner’s voice again.

“Tessa, why didn’t you tell anyone about the second time? Why didn’t you talk to the police?”

Conner expected her to pull away but instead she hugged him tighter.

“I couldn’t.” she whispered, “I still cant, I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.” He sighed, “I just want to understand.”

Tessa leaned back and wiped the lingering tears from her eyes as she looked at him. He looked so concerned that she felt momentarily foolish. She hadn't meant to upset Conner, but when she realized that all of his concern was for her she was touched by it. It was true, he never tried to push her, he was willing to stop a conversation if she wasn’t comfortable, and he was giving her time that no one else would. If Tessa had even brought up half of the things she told Conner with her family, they would be pushing her for answers until they got them. It was no wonder why Tessa felt like Conner understood her on a level that no one else could. He was probably the best friend she could have ever asked for.

“Thank you, Conner.”

Tessa knew that he probably didn’t know everything that she was thanking him for, but he smiled so she leaned in and kissed him again. The soft sound of his stomach growling broke them apart and they started to laugh, breaking whatever tension was left in the room.

“Are you always hungry?” Tessa laughed.

Conner gave her an innocent face and a sheepish grin.

“Yes.” He nodded.

Tessa quickly kissed his cheek and they turned their attention to the pizza as Conner opened the box and Tessa went to get some plates. She sat down in her own chair and looked up when Conner suddenly left his seat.

“Just, one thing first.” He smiled.

Tessa looked suspicious as he walked to the nearest window, and she seemed to grip the table as she froze and watched him open the curtains, bringing an unfamiliar light into the room along with the view of the empty street outside. Tessa immediately wanted to object but as he returned he gave her a reassuring smile and they both stared at each other for a moment in silence as Conner waited to see if Tessa was going to say something. Eventually she passed him a plate and gave him a small smile, and that was the best reaction that he could have asked for.

Tessa didn’t look towards the window through dinner, in fact, she seemed to avoid it, except for a few times when a car would drive by and put her on edge, but she was dealing with it rather well. As the sun lit up the room she seemed to have a peaceful glow about her. Conner smiled. She looked perfect, and he wondered what she would look like outside. They ate in silence, but it was a comfortable one, comfortable for both of them. ………….

Conner wrapped a towel around his waist as he stepped out of the shower and made his way downstairs to where someone was pounding on his door. There was only one person he knew who would knock until the door caved in. He reached the door and swung it open coming face to face with Mike, who was juggling a cardboard box in his arms.

“Well if I would have known you answered your door naked I would have invited my sisters over.” Mike teased, “They would have loved this.”

“Shut up.” Conner frowned, stepping aside and ushering Mike in, “You got it?”

Mike lifted the box and grinned before placing it on the sofa. He stepped aside and Conner smiled as he quickly went to the box and peeked in before closing it again and looking at Mike.

“Thanks.” Conner smiled, “it’s perfect.”

“Yea, yea,” Mike waved, “Thank my mom… so are you going to see Tessa tonight?”

“No, I’m going over this morning.” Conner replied, “I don’t think I can wait until tonight.”

It was Saturday, and Conner was ready to take advantage of his day off. He still had a few things to do but seeing Tessa came first.

“You really do have it bad.” Mike remarked as Conner ran up the stairs to find some cloths.

“Yep,” Conner was man enough to admit it. He laughed to himself as he called back down from his room, “So Mike, did you ever call Misty?”

“Wouldn’t you like to know.” Mike retorted.

Conner returned a few minutes later, dressed and barefoot. His hair was still damp from his shower but neatly combed back and he immediately went to the box, smiling as he looked in again.

“So you did call her?” Conner asked.

Mike smiled.

“We’re going out tonight.” Mike admitted, “You don’t mind?”

Conner shook his head.

“Nope, have fun.” He grinned. “and good luck.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” Mike asked suspiciously.

“Nothing.” Conner shrugged, “I just thought you might be a little intimidated, that’s all.”

“Why?”

“Misty’s older,” Conner teased, “More experienced, but don’t worry Mikey, I’m sure she’ll go easy on you.”

“I’m not worried.” Mike scowled, “And I’m not the one so wrapped up in a girl that I forget to zip up my fly.”

Conner glanced down; he was in fact zipped up and glared at Mike as his friend laughed.

“Thank your mom for me, alright?” Conner smiled.

“Sure.” Mike nodded, “You’ll have to come over for dinner some time.”

“Yea,” Conner nodded, although he wasn’t sure that he wanted to have dinner anywhere except with Tessa.

Conner walked his friend to the door and then quickly finished getting dressed before picking up the phone and dialing Tessa’s number. She wasn’t expecting him until later so he asked if it was all right if he stopped by for a few minutes before he moved on to his errands, he had something to show her. Tessa obviously agreed and ten minutes later he was on his way to her house.

Conner stood outside of her door holding the box securely in his arms as he took a moment to knock. He heard the sounds from within as Tessa unlatched the deadbolts and Conner quickly used his key and came inside. Tessa smiled as he quickly kissed her cheek and then moved into the house as she took the time to lock the door.

“I thought you had errands to run today.” Tessa said as she followed him into the living room.

“I do.” he replied, “but I wanted to stop by first, I have a present for you.”

Tessa eyed the box suspiciously as he placed it on her sofa and curiously stepped forward.

“Why?” she asked.

Conner looked up and shook his head.

“Do you want you’re present or not?” he smiled.

Tessa smiled and took a step forward, but paused when he lifted a small bag of dog chow from the box and placed it on the ground. She was momentarily confused, but her eyes seemed to widen as he lifted the German shepherd puppy next and cradled the pup to his chest as it set about licking his face. Conner smiled as he moved towards Tessa.

“I hope you’re not allergic.” He said.

Tessa shook her head and reached for the animal as Conner offered it to her. Her affection for it was almost immediate, the fact that she had not held a puppy in years had a lot to do with it, and the fact that this one was licking her face like crazy also helped.

Conner watched as Tessa fumbled back onto the sofa with the puppy and tried to fend off his insistent wet tongue. She laughed as she became acquainted with her gift and Conner plopped down next to her, cradling both Tessa and the dog with his arm.

“Do you like your present?” he asked.

Tessa blushed and responded by bringing her mouth to his. Conner cupped her face with his hand and closed his eyes as she thanked him in her own way, and they laughed again when the puppy decided to join in their kiss. They both whipped their mouths free of puppy drool and then Tessa smiled at Conner again as she snuggled the dog close.

“Thank you, he’s beautiful. What’s his name?”

“Doesn’t have one yet.” Conner shrugged, “I thought you could think of one today. I should really get going, errands and all. I’ll see tonight?”

Tessa nodded, but she wasn’t looking at him. He watched her and the satisfaction washed over him. She was wrapped up in the puppy and she really did look happy, just like in the pictures he kept in his office. Conner would have loved to stay to just watch her, but he knew he couldn’t, and it had nothing to do with his errands. He had a plan, and he had to get out of there before Tessa began to ask the obvious questions when it came to owning a puppy.

Conner quickly kissed her goodbye, but didn’t escape until Tessa pulled him into a more efficient kiss. He kissed the puppy too before he went on his way, promising to call when he had the chance. Conner didn’t know if this would work, he knew it could backfire and he’d be the one stuck with a new puppy and no time for it, but he had to try.

He finished his errands early and fought off the urge to call Tessa. He wanted to give her a few more hours, but a few hours only turned into one hour when he realized that he didn’t have the patience to wait that long. All seemed to be well when he spoke to Tessa on the phone, and when he reached her house again he was glad to find that she hadn't separated from the puppy. They were playing in the kitchen when he entered and Conner was quick to join them.

Tessa had found an old sock that the puppy seemed to take an interest in and he was sliding back and forth across the kitchen floor as he whipped the sock back and forth in his mouth. And then when the puppy stopped abruptly and dropped the sock, Conner watched as the little fur ball decided to make use of the bathroom, right there, on the kitchen floor.

Conner heard Tessa gasp and he waited for the obvious realization to come over her, but instead she scolded the puppy as she went to it.

“Desy!”

“Desy?” Conner repeated, raising an eyebrow at her.

Tessa blushed as she retrieved some paper towels and lifted Desy up from his mess.

“I couldn’t call him Conner junior.” Tessa laughed, “So I went for the last name instead.”

“You named your dog after me?” he laughed as he watched her clean up the mess.

“Do you mind?” Tessa asked shyly.

“No, as long as we both agree that I’m the better kisser.”

Tessa raised an eyebrow and a sly smile appeared over her own lips as she picked up Desy and gently kissed his nose. Conner smiled as Tessa pretended to think about it for a moment, and then she made her way over to Conner where she gripped his shirt and pulled him down for a kiss.

“Yea,” Tessa blushed, “You’re definitely the better kisser.”

Conner smiled as he watched her hold the puppy. He was still waiting for the inevitable, and when Tessa suddenly turned and headed for the back door his breath caught in his throat for a moment as he silently followed her, keeping enough distance between them as they went. She was lost in her own world, and at the moment, Conner wanted to keep it that way.

Tessa had had a puppy before, when she and Katrina were young. It wasn’t housebroken, and obviously Desy was no different. It all happened so quickly, Tessa was thinking of nothing other than the fact that the puppy needed to learn where it was and wasn’t allowed to go to the bathroom. She didn’t even give it a second thought as she unlocked the back door and swung it open, smiling as she placed the Puppy on the ground. It was when she watched Desy run off to explore the yard that the realization hit Tessa. Heart pounding, she quickly backpedaled into the house only to be caught in Conner’s readied arms. She gasped and spun around to face him, only to find his welcoming smile and questioning eyes. Tessa suddenly understood the nature of his gift, and he was obviously waiting for her reaction. Unfortunately she was too speechless to give him one.

Tessa just stared at Conner for a few minutes, and strangely, she realized that she wasn’t shaking. Her back door was wide open, the warm air was on her skin and she was entirely exposed to what was behind the forbidden door of her home, and she wasn’t shaking.

Tessa slowly turned her gaze to look out into her yard, she watched Desy explore and make himself at home, and slowly she felt herself reach for Conner. He was there, and came closer so she could wrap her arms around him, and Conner did the same, holding her in the opened doorway, with only a few steps between Tessa and leaving the house she had turned into her own prison.

Blulady
Blulady
624 Followers