Laresa's World Ch. 21: Martin

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jeremy called for the maid, who had just walked back into the room. "Bring me a cool cloth," he demanded and soon was wiping Shastae's face. Within a few minutes she was back with him and his relief was evident. "Shhh . . . I'm sorry Shastae. We've been praying for him. If I had known that all this was happening to you I would have come sooner. Damn Martin. Damn him to Hell "

Shastae curled into Jeremy as she thought of Andrew and the news she'd just received. She felt Jeremy sigh and run his fingers over her arm. He was saying something, but it took her sometime to return to him. "I'm sorry, what were you asking me?"

Jeremy smiled and gave her a gentle squeeze. "Martin . . . has he been seeing anyone? Hired any new servants?"

Shastae sat up and looked at her fiance's friend. "How odd you should ask. I have heard him talking to himself in the gardens. He talks to someone named Laresa. But there are no servants here with that name, nor have I saw anyone unfamiliar to me on the grounds."

"Laresa?" Jeremy said, rolling the name around in his head. "It is a unique name. Have you seen this woman? Perhaps she is giving him the poisons to cloud your mind at night. Does anyone know of . . ." He eyed her torso.

She covered her stomach and shook her head no. "I believe Jessie suspects; she is my maid, but she would assume it is Andrew's. These . . . these dreams started the night he left."

"Shastae, I want to get you out of her, but now that I have thought about it, I can't. If I take you from this place, Martin could become more enraged. I want you to keep Jessie with you at night though. Order her to stay with you. Martin can't harm you with another in the bed. This Laresa you speak of . . . that name . . . it seems familiar and yet I know I have never met anyone by that name."

Jeremy stood and escorted Shastae to her rooms. "Remember you are to sleep with Jessie now and do not eat or drink anything Martin offers you. I will be back tomorrow, hopefully with answers. This Laresa, whoever she is will not remain in hiding for long." He kissed her brow and the left. Shastae watched him go. Deep inside she knew tonight would be no different whether Jessie was with her or not. Martin would see to it that she still dreamt of him. She felt it in her soul.

The day dragged on for Jeremy as he posed questions to the villagers and to the farmers. No one knew or admitted to knowing a woman by the name of Laresa. When he returned to his own home, he was in a foul mood and down a glass of brandy as he contemplated the next step in saving Shastae. Guilt swept over him as he thought of the promise he had made to his friend to look over the beautiful woman. If Andrew were home and so Shastae now he would have challenged Jeremy to a dual and Jeremy would have willingly accepted and lost. He had failed his friend, but he would do all he could to right the wrongs Martin had created.

"Jeremy, you're back "

The high-pitched squeal made him smile and he scooted his chair back, welcoming the embrace of his six-year-old niece. "Hello minx; how are you?" he asked, taking in the smudges of dirt that adorned her fair complexion.

"I am fine, here it is time to read to me," she demanded thrusting an old leather bound book into his hands.

"Aye minx, it is. What have you brought for me this fine day?" he asked taking the book from her and glancing at the thickness of it. "Where did you find this?"

"In grandmother's closet. But don't tell. It has pretty pictures. Look," she said taking the book back and flipping through the pages. "Isn't she lovely? Is she a princess?"

Jeremy stared down at the drawing of a woman barely clothed and he admitted she was quite lovely, erotically so. But he only admitted that to himself. "She looks like a Princess," he told her and glanced at the words under the portrait. His jaw dropped as he read the small captive that proclaimed the picture was that of the Genie of the Ring, Laresa. "Where did you find this again?

"In grandmother's closet. Will you read it to me?" she begged.

"Yes, minx . . . but first you must go change; you reek. I'll look over this and see if there is an appropriate story for you to hear. The way this Princess is dressed is not the way a young lady should be displaying herself." Jeremy watched his niece leave and then began to read the book of folklore and legends she'd found.

That night Laresa watched Martin take Shastae again and then Jessie. She cringed as the two women moaned and purred as their bodies reached climaxes that they would only remember in their dreams the following morning. Martin had been furious when he learned that Jeremy had visited Shastae and he worked out his frustrations using Shastae as his weapon of choice. When he was finished, he again commanded Laresa to clean up after him. Once she was done, she met him in his chambers.

"Tell me Laresa, what should I do? Shastae still has not admitted that she is with child. My child Jeremy has discovered that the messages aren't reaching her. How could he not know after seeing her? Did you notice the way she glared at me during supper? Yet her body hummed with pleasure later, did it not."

Laresa said nothing, knowing that Martin didn't really want her to answer. She had learned long ago that he was prone to ranting. This was one of those times.

"Where is Andrew?" he asked.

"He and his crew are safe. Their ship destroyed, but they all made it to the shores of an island, where water and food is plentiful."

"Good. I don't have to worry about him then. But Jeremy . . . the King won't send him away. He's the head of his family, but there has to be a way I can keep him away from Shastae. I will think more on this, for now I want you to disappear and leave me to think alone. Your disapproving glare upsets me."

"Yes, Master," she whispered and became one with her ring again.

The following morning Martin was surprised to see Jeremy having breakfast with Shastae. "To what do we owe the pleasure?" he asked, claiming his seat and looking at Jeremy with hostility.

"I came to offer an escort to Shastae into the park. I noticed she looked under the weather yesterday and thought it best to get her away from the norm that has become her life. You are welcome to join us," Jeremy said, resting his eyes on Martin's hand for a brief moment, before returning to his breakfast.

They left an hour later, Jeremy and Shastae riding together in a carriage with Martin riding his prized stallion. "He wears it," Jeremy whispered as he tapped the horses forward. He had shown up before sunset and insisted on having Shastae awoken. His title sent maids scurrying to do his bidding. He regretted his actions once he saw her exhausted state, but then when she told him that the dreams had continued even with Jessie in the room, Jeremy knew regret was no longer something he could concern himself with.

"I still can't believe it," she answered back, her fan hiding her words as well as did the cough she mysteriously developed.

Martin stared at the couple and felt the desire to pull Laresa from his ring and strike Jeremy down. He didn't though, knowing that he would lose Shastae forever. He would find a way for Laresa to deal with Jeremy later.

The group came to the park and Shastae asked that they all walk the perimeter. Martin agreed and hurriedly moved to assist the woman he loved from her conveyance. Jeremy however was already there, helping her down and taking her hand in his. They conversed about the local gossip as well as touching on various political factions that were stirring up the locals. When they circled the pond, Shastae cried out and slipped to the ground. Jeremy showed his concern and fell to his knees. "What?" he asked.

Martin too dropped to see what had befallen her. "My ankle," she muttered, rubbing her hand up and down the supposedly hurt joint. Martin pushed her fingers away and eyed Jeremy, almost daring him to try and examine Shastae. Jeremy made no effort, but waited patiently to see what Martin would do. As he ran his fingers over Shastae's leg, she shuddered. Martin chalked it up to pain, and continued to trail his fingers around the trim appendage.

"Martin?" Shastae asked, reaching down and touching his hand. "This is lovely," she told him, running her finger over the amber ring he wore.

Martin stared at her hand and watched how her skin contrasted with his. His cock jerked at her gentle touch and when she started to pull away, he took her fingers in his. "It is an old heirloom."

"It is beautiful. May I?" she asked, looking up at him as if he were the only reason to live.

Martin felt his body responding to her imploring gaze. He watched her turn away from Jeremy and toward him. Her other hand moved to cover his and she started to rise, he assisted her and then she dismissed Jeremy. "Martin will see me home," she answered, somewhat breathlessly.

Martin grinned and wondered if Laresa had been right all along. He simply needed to use kindness with Shastae, to touch her intimately during her waking hours, and to show how much attraction there was between them if she would but only notice. He watched Jeremy take his leave and then he offered to help Shastae lean on him.

"Thank you," she whispered and pressed her body against him. "Perhaps tomorrow we can do this again?" she asked. "Do you have other baubles like that?"

"I wish." He laughed, then stopped at Shastae's look of confusion. He didn't explain himself, but he knew that if he had called forth Laresa and had said that in her presence he would have had other amber jewels, all he would give to Shastae. "Would you like to hold it?" he asked, suddenly wanting nothing more than to see her smiling up at him again. Lust and desire to be welcomed by her clouded his judgement as he slipped the ring from his finger and took her hand.

"Oh Martin," she sighed and watched him slide the gold band onto her hand. "It's almost like . . ."

"Like I was wedding you?" he asked, lifting her hand to his lips.

Shastae jerked her palm away. "No. It is almost like wearing a snake coiled and ready to strike." She stepped back and twisted the ring, shouting Laresa's name and then Jeremy's, knowing her champion had not gone far.

Laresa stared at the group of players whose lives she'd been forced to control. She looked to Shastae, recognizing the pull of power had changed. Martin charged toward her and Laresa lifted her palm, sending him staggering backwards.

"Laresa I demand you to . . . "

"Martin," Jeremy said, coming up to stand behind Shastae. "You can no longer demand anything of Laresa . . . but I am curious. Where is she?"

"She's right here," Shastae answered. "Can't you see her?"

"They cannot see me unless you wish it. Mistress, I would like to council you. This is a very public place and . . ." Laresa's words were cut off as Shastae lifted her hand.

"You are right. Can you hide us from others?" she asked.

Jeremy watched as Shastae seemed to talk to the air beside her. Martin too stood still as he tried to comprehend what a fool he'd been. "Yes, Mistress. We are all shielded. Would you like me to appear?" she asked and received a quiet, "Yes."

"Laresa," Jeremy whispered as the vision from the book seemed to suddenly appear before him. He turned to Martin and shook his head in disbelief. "How? Why?"

Martin's eyes grew darker as he sneered at Jeremy and faced Shastae. "Because I love her " he demanded and took a step toward her. "I did all of this for her. I needed Andrew gone, so she would see me. He's safe, but . . . "

"Safe?" Shastae turned to Laresa. "You did this?" she asked. "You can control the sea?"

"Mistress, I have so little choice in what I can and cannot do. There are rules, but all the things Martin asked for, I did do. Whether I wanted to or not, is never a choice I had. He speaks the truth. Your Andrew is safe as are all the men. Mistress, I feel your confusion and pain. I am sorry," she whispered, suddenly confronted with the pain of what her gift had caused to another. It was a rarity to have to face someone you had wronged through acts beyond your control. Another lesson learned, she told herself as she waited for her Mistress to command her.

"Andrew lives. Bring him . . . "

"Wait " Jeremy replied. "Not yet, remember you are with child and . . . "

"That's right, Shastae. My child. Not Andrew's but mine."

Shastae's face paled. "You did this to me," she muttered to both Laresa and Martin. "I hate you both."

Laresa felt her chest tighten as pain of displeasing the woman washed over her. She looked to Jeremy, a man she sensed knew more than he was admitting. He saw her cast an imploring look at him and stepped forth. "Shastae, she had no choice."

Shastae shook her head and turned away, pulling the ring from her finger. Laresa immediately dissolved into smoke and slipped into the jewel. "Take it," she demanded of Jeremy, who quickly slid the jewel on. Laresa again was summoned and this time she felt at ease with her new Master.

"How may I serve you?" she asked.

"Keep Martin here," he ordered, "and keep us shielded from prying eyes."

"It is done," she said. A sigh of relief filled her.

"Become visible to all of us," he demanded and again his wish was granted. "The rules, and be quick." She was as well as thorough. "Now," Jeremy said as he turned to look at a pale-faced Martin. "Change him back to the man he was before."

Shastae and Jeremy watched in amazement as Martin became the lanky man he was before. His facial features became thinner as did his arms and legs. His hair retained the color him and his brother shared, but it lost the healthy shine and was replaced with the oily cap he was constantly patting down. His clothes now hung loose on him and the only thing Laresa could not change back was the hate that shown in his steely gaze. "Amazing," Jeremy whispered and then turned back to Laresa. "Send a ship to wherever Andrew is and make the winds blow swiftly. What island is this that you sent Andrew too?"

"It is a chain of Islands off the southern coast of Africa. It is rich in food and water. They did not suffer, Master," Laresa answered.

"Send Martin there. He is to remain on that island unless Andrew wishes him back. Can you do this?" Jeremy asked.

"I can," she told him and immediately Martin disappeared. "He is there now Master. Alone and afraid, but the others will never find him nor will he find the ship that has already been spotted by Andrew."

Jeremy nodded and then walked over to a quiet and stunned Shastae. "Shastae, this child . . . What do you want me to do?"

Laresa waited. She could read her Master's thoughts and knew that he would regret Shastae's decision to end the pregnancy, but she also knew it was an option that was open to the woman. "Can she take it?" she whispered and nodded toward Laresa.

"I cannot become pregnant," Laresa told her. "I can take your discomfort and your pain." She didn't want to though. She didn't want to live that ache again.

"Shastae you do not want this child, but I can tell you do not blame it for existing," Jeremy whispered and cupped her face. "Let me take you somewhere to give birth. Then when Andrew returns, we will tell him what has happened. You and he can decide what to do."

Shastae nodded and then looked to Laresa. "I don't want her there. You promise me I will never see her again," she told Jeremy and he agreed. "You won't. I promise you. I will take care of you," he said. "Laresa, send Shastae back to Chambers Manor and then later we will find a place to hide her while she gives birth."

Laresa lifted her hand and soon only she and Jeremy remained in the hidden shield she'd created. Jeremy walked over to her and touched her face. "You really don't like hurting people, do you?" he asked.

"I had no choice Master," she whispered as a tear fell from her eye. Jeremy wiped it away. "Send the animals home and then take me to my own study. There is much that you and I need to do in order to set things right. Besides . . . there is a little girl who will want to meet you."

Laresa smiled and felt at peace with her new Master. She knew Shastae's promise would be granted. She would never see the young Englishwoman again.

**** Present Day ****

"There is great discourse in the Society," Geoffrey Higgins said as he crushed out his cigar. "There is talk that in light of Aaron's behavior we should begin to use the powers of the Jinn so we can crush him."

"I for one agree," a voice from the end of the table said, as he rose from his chair. "Aaron is a loose cannon and his obsession for power is creating ripples that will eventually have a greater impact than any of us can imagine."

"Nonsense," another older society member grunted out. "They do not have the power to alternate history in such a dramatic way."

"How do we know that for sure? How many little things can build up to something great? Perhaps it hasn't happened yet . . . but imagine if it did," the voice gave way to the striking features of Benjamin Gray, another member of the Society. "I believe it is time to have a National meeting, one where we all can discuss what is to be done with Aaron. He must be stopped. There is no telling what damage he will do . . . and now that he seems to have a personal grudge against Laresa . . . the possibilities are endless."

Several in the group muttered their agreement. Within a couple of hours a meeting of the Society was scheduled and the fate of all the Society stood for wavered on the votes of mere mortals.

12