Legal Issues Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Lycandope
Lycandope
1,065 Followers

When Lynn put on her bra, she knew something was different; the clasp she was used to hooking were too tight. The young woman took her bra off and gently hefted her breasts. Her c-cup breasts felt heavier in her hands and, circling them with her palms, she was sure they felt bigger.Note to self, Lynn thought.Get tampons on the way home.Lynn attached her bra at a different hook before heading into the bathroom. A basket on the back of her porcelain toilet held her few remaining tampons. Lynn pocketed one before sitting down for her makeup.

Lynn stared at herself cross-eyed in her small makeup mirror. She held tweezers to her chin, searching for tiny brown and wispy white hairs that occasionally grew out. Two small brown hair stood just under her chin and she winced as she plucked them.

"Perfect," the young woman said after a quick examination. On her way out of her apartment, she grabbed her purse and coat.

The drive to work was slow through the dawning heat of the morning. Lynn cursed at a few drivers but mostly she used the time to mentally prepare for her meeting with the other two partners. She knew they wouldn't be pleased with the lack of progress but she still had time before P&G really started bearing down on them.

Lynn parked at her reserved spot. It still made her happy to see her own name on the small sign in front of her parking spot; a small victory after her years of hard work. The young woman swiped her keycard at the panel by the front door and then entered when she heard it unlock.

"Good morning, Ms. Hathaway," the receptionist said cheerfully.

Whether it was the full night of actual sleep or the calm she'd felt or something else, Lynn stopped to look at the girl. Normally she would just nod on her way to her office but, today, she felt better somehow. More relaxed, even with the meeting in a few minutes, Lynn smiled at the girl. "Good morning," she told her.

Humming a simple tune, Lynn walked through the side door that led to the maze of offices and cubicles in their small building.

-----

"So, do you think he'll change his mind?" Mr. Spiel asked. The old man looked like an inflated human pug that was stuffed into a blue suit and Lynn had a hard time maintaining eye contact with him.

"Not immediately, no," Lynn answered. "He seems fairly certain of his convictions. I mentioned his neighbors. They won't sell unless he does but I told him they're prepared to sell right now."

Mr. Spiel picked at a large spot on the back of his hand; a habit he'd formed over the years and one Lynn knew meant he was anxious. "Hmm. What's next? You know how important this account is for us. We're riding on the coattails of our success with Shell but that will only get us so far. Can you change his mind or not?"

"I'll put together some numbers for Mr. Meza at P&G to see if they're willing to increase their funding. I'll also meet with Mr. Chapman's neighbors again. He's very community minded and if I can convince them to talk to him, he might be swayed that way. He's-" Lynn stopped as a yellow butterfly fluttered past Mr. Spiel's window. The sun played through its fine wings as it landed on the small bush in front of the window. The small creature slowly settled into place as Lynn watched. Something about its gentle elegance pulled at her and a flash of a memory played through her mind: her as a child, chasing butterflies through a green field.

"He is what, Ms. Hathaway?" Mr. Spiel interrupted.

"I'm sorry?"

"You were saying 'He is' just a moment ago."

Lynn thought back.WhatwasI saying? I was talking about Christopher... Mr. Chapman and his... the community... The neighbors? Right, the neighbors and his sense of community."Sorry, yes. Christopher- Mr. Chapman- is really interested in the community around him. If I can get his neighbors to talk to him then they may have better luck at convincing him to sell." From the corner of her eyes she watched the butterfly take flight.

"Well," Mr. Spiel said. "It's worth a shot. You might also look deeper into their backgrounds and financial records to see what you can find that might help."

"Yes, that's a good idea. They do seem like honest, good people so I'm not sure what I'll-"

Mr. Spiel scoffed. "Ms. Hathaway, I assure you, nobody is honest or good these days. Perhaps Mr. Chapman has a debt owed or an ugly habit. Or his neighbors do. Something will break them all loose."

Christopher's green eyes and open expression came unbidden to Lynn's mind at the remark. The young woman grimaced, tossing the thought away. She knew the older man was right, everyone had a secret; some dark spot they held close to their chest. Lynn found herself slowly messaging the tender skin of her lower belly. It felt slightly loose to the touch and the gentle massage was oddly satisfying.

"You're right, of course. I'll push harder." Lynn stood from the desk without another word. Mr. Spiel was already staring at his own computer screen; no further words were needed. Lynn walked slowly to her desk, fingers playing distractedly with the soft skin on her belly while her mind wandered.

Lycandope
Lycandope
1,065 Followers
12