Lemon Park Horror Ch. 01

Story Info
Two College kids Meet their Demon
1.6k words
3
5.2k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic LiteroticaĀ® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
aksarben
aksarben
23 Followers

This is a true story. It happened back in 1995. Names have been changed due to the fact this story may lead into some future fantasy stories written with this factual occurrence being the base for them. Please read and enjoy. Suggestions for direction for future stories is appreciated.


It was an unexpectedly warm night back in February 1995. There was this wonderful girl I was hanging out with at the time, Andi. We had some speedbumps in our relationship and had kinda lost touch with a few of the things that had brought us together.

I remember that evening starting in the cafeteria at PCC with Evan and I hitting the cereal bar before the Game that night. We were both getting ready to watch Pratt vs Hutch (our riva) when Andi came over to the table and informed me that we needed to talk. I had plans already, and if I remember right, I might have even been signed up to be the Beaver mascot for the evening. Yeah, me inside a big Beaver...

So, being a complete hopless romantic, I immediately decided to go with Andi rather than go watch the game in my super suit.

Andi stopped by my dorm and we walked out to her Thunderbird parked out in the lot, which was already filling with spectators for the big game. She was dressed to exercise, her beautiful long brown hair flowing over her teal sweatshirt. She wore a teal pair of pants matching the sweatshirt to complete the ensemble.

We drove out to Lemon Park and parked on the north side, as we decided we would talk while hiking the nature trails. We got out and started walking south. As I mentioned before, it was a beautiful night and it was unseasonably warm. There was a bit of silence between us so as we were walking the trails on the backside, I told Andi how when I was a kid there were lots of rumors about Lemon Park, including aligator stories, a man with no legs that used to swing from the trees scaring kids, and an old man that lived in the woods bewteen Lemon Park and Beaver lake. I told her the rumor was the old man would wander thru the woods with a shotgun and shoot at kids who came upon his land. I also told her there was rumored to be lots of money in the old man's cabin, so we should go see.

Andi and I walked one complete circuit of the trail, following it along the Ninnescah river, back to the highway (south entrance) and back to the beginning. She thought it would be fun to go exploring for the cabin so we got off the trail on the west side and began walking thru the woods. A few weeks before, at a party, I found out that she had trouble seeing in the dark, so as a joke, when I saw a small shrub, I told her it was a porcupine, sleeping. We crept up on it and I gently pushed her into the waiting "quills". She jumped back and slapped me, laughing at the prank. We then kept moving south. We came to an empty depression in the forest area that was covered with sand dunes, as though something had been dug out of the area before. As it was getting dark, I decided we should continue to the south entrance and see if we could find the trail again.

After several minutes, Andi and I found the south part of the trail and started working our way back. We had walked a few hundred yards when I noticed for the first time, a trail behind a large Oak Tree. I had been by the Oak twenty times at least walking the trail and never noticed the trail running just behind the tree. There were steps cut into the roots of the tree as the trail went up and around. Always before I had remembered there was about 20 yards of woodland then a fence. I pointed out the trail and Andi said she had never noticed it before and we should stay on the path we were familiar with. I looked up and out and could see perfectly through the trees, the night sky being a medium blue, lit by a full moon and cool crisp air.

Having fun, we began to push each other toward the trails that we wanted to go on, laughing while doing it. Finally I called upon her sense of adventure and she explained she was scared as she couldn't see well. I took her hand and told her to trust me.

We climbed the root steps and began walking along the new path. The path was lightly covered by less than crisp autum colored leaves and the trees were on both sides of the path, blocking any view beyond several feet. We walked south, hand in hand for about 100 yards when both heard rustling of leaves in front of us.

I could see the sky thru the trees but it was almost as if done on a blue screen, as there was no depth to what I could see beyond 20-30 yards. The light of the moon was clear as there were no leaves on any of the trees. Andi sqeezed my hand hard as I heard the large heavy footsteps not 50 feet in front of us, on the forest floor, just short of a left hand bend in the trail path.

Suddenly, as the the "thing" stepped forward, I heard Andi's soft voice in my ear. "What is it? Do we run?"

I looked at her and without words I told her I didn't know what it was. My attention was drawn back to the "thing" as it took a couple steps forward. I saw the leaves move, and I heard Heavy, labored breathing. A monstrous sound that appeared to be coming from a very large being in front of us. The sound seemed to come from the 6 foot level but I could see no body, no corporeal proof something was there.

As the "thing" took a couple more steps to the side, as though it was trying to flank us, I told Andi in my mind to "run on three." It took a few more steps, I could feel its weight move the ground as it walked. "1, 2, 3!" We both began running the path, as quickly as we could. We ran by it and took a left on the path as it screamed in anger. We ran along that path as fast as we could, both of our senses totally acute from the run in.

After several yards the path took a sharp left turn and there were a couple steps cut into some rock. We went down the rocks and ended up on the path we had always known. We continued running, hearing the occasional tree branch snap behind us.

When we got to the oxbow of the Ninnescah, there was a small wooden bench. Andi leaned against it and dug her inhaler out of her sock, her breath short from the running and fear. As she took a few hits off her inhaler we both heard crashing thru the woods as the thing was coming after us. We continued along the oxbow until she began to collapse. I grabbed her inhaler and as I watched, I could see large circular foot prints clambering down the opposite bank of the oxbow. I yelled to get up and run and as the foot prints reached the water's edge, the thing yelled back in a primal scream of hate. Andi stood up and we ran.

We ran as quick as we could and soon came to the wood bridge over the river. As I started to step onto the bridge I had an overwhelming urge to turn around. There was a shadow approximately 12 feet high and a few feet wide beside an old broken tree. I started to walk to the shadow, and as I did, I felt the most warm feeling of love I have ever felt. Total acceptance. Total peace. I was thinking in my mind to stop, as I knew the feeling couldn't be real. I continued walking toward it though. I felt Andi tugging on me as I slowly walked forward and I could hear her yelling, but it sounded like she was a hundred miles away.

I continued. I stopped for a minute and could see the panic on Andi's face. I knew I needed to calm her down, so I told her that I was an EMT and I bet the sounds we heard came from a man having a heart attack. She tried to argue but I countered saying that I believed it was just a baby deer, injured, and we needed to make sure it was okay.

Andi didn't listen, so I grabbed her by the waist and picked her up over my shoulder in a fireman's carry. I took a few steps toward the shadow, the feeling of total love wrecking all my other senses. I could feel her hitting my shoulders, back and head but the feeling was totally numbed. As I was about 15 feet from the darkness, Andi kicked me in the groin. Hard.

I dropped to my knees and suddenly realized whatever had made me numb, had tried to take over my body. We ran. We ran all the way from the bridge, the almost half mile to the car. As we ran we could hear what sounded like the scream of complete anger/pain/torment.

There will be a second part and third part to this story, if not more...

aksarben
aksarben
23 Followers