Lessons Learned Ch. 05

Story Info
Shane and Angela's story continues.
3.4k words
4.54
9.7k
4
Story does not have any tags

Part 5 of the 17 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 05/26/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I was speechless. I didn't think she'd find out this fast.

"Well..... I'm waiting." She replied.

My throat immediately got dry. Talks with my mother always ended up being an argument. I was not in the mood, but I knew it had to be done. I cleared my throat and replied, "Yes Momma. It was my house."

By this time Shane was fully awake and was looking at me with a bewildered stare. He mouthed to me, "I didn't want to bother you mom."

" You.. Didn't.. Want.. To.. Bother.. Me..."

"No ma'am" I answered softly

By this time Shane had awakened. He turned to me and mouthed, "Is that your mom?"

I nodded.

"Ok."

He got up from the bed and left us some privacy.

For a few brief moments I didn't hear anything. I thought that I'd lost her.

"Hello?" I replied to the phone.

"Oh, I'm here. I'm just trying to figure out when our relationship went so wrong, that you didn't even think it was important to call me when your HOUSE BURNED DOWN!!"

"Mom, I.."

"SHUT UP!!" she interrupted.

"Mom.."

"Angela Bianca Monroe what did I tell you to do?"

"To be quiet." I answered.

"Then I suggest you do it."

I didn't say a word. There were a few more moments of tense silence and then she finally spoke.

"Angela you're my child, and when you're in trouble I should be the FIRST one you call, not Chessa, not Devon, not even Marguerite, ME"

"But Mom.."

"DIDN'T I TELL YOU TO SHUT UP. I'M NOT FINISHED."

"Yes ma'am."

"I don't know where you got it in your head that it was alright to keep something as big as this from me, YOUR MOTHER!!"

"Mom, you and haven't talked in over a year. I know I should've called and I apologize that I didn't. But every time we talk, it always ends in a fight. And... I was so mentally exhausted yesterday. I hadn't called anyone, least of all, you."

"Angela, we have had our ups and downs but it doesn't take away from the fact that you are my daughter. And if something happens to you, I need to be the first to know. You could've died last night. You could've been in that house when whomever or whatever started that fire. I could've lost you. Do you realize that?" My mother tearfully replied.

Tears began to steam down my face. "I'm sorry Momma. I didn't mean to make you worry. I wasn't thinking. It just happened so fast." I replied in between my own tears.

"I understand baby. But you got to promise something."

"What's that?"

"The next time something like this happens, You. Call. Me. FIRST!! No matter what I'm doing, or where I am, I will be there for you. You may not think it, but you're still my little peanut. I love you so much Angela."

"I love you too Momma." I replied with a smile.

"Now, WHO or WHAT caused this fire?" Mother asked.

"The fire dept hasn't told me anything yet, so I don't know."

"I've kept everything to code; so... it shouldn't have been anything like a gas leak or something like that." "Where you in the house when this happened?"

"No ma'am."

"Thank God for that but I have to ask, where were you?"

"I was out with a friend."

"Devon?"

"No ma'am. Devon and I had just broken up."

"You and Devon broke up the same day your house burned down? That can't be just a coincidence Angela." Mother replied.

"It's not. I caught him with Sherise." I replied softly.

"I'm sorry. I think misheard you. Did you just tell me that you caught you're boyfriend with Sherise?"

"Yes ma'am."

"I see..."

"Mom, don't start."

"What the hell do you mean 'don't start?' I've told you repeatedly not to let that heifer in your house. I told you that she was no good and she was going to bring you down. And what did she do?"

"She brought me down" I answered softly.

"Exactly, she brought you down. I bet that you didn't even tell the fire marshal that she was the one that started the fire."

"No ma'am I didn't. I wasn't there. I can't openly accuse her of doing it without proof. Yes, I think she did it. Sherise is a mean, spiteful individual. But with me not being there, I don't know WHAT happened."

"Are you serious? Are you kidding me with this shit?"

"What?"

"Even now, when she has taken everything from you, you're taking up for her. She's not worth it Love. She's NEVER been worth it."

I shook my head in exasperation. "Don't you think I know that? Mom do you realize that she's paid her rent maybe five times out of the four years that she's lived with me. She's disrespectful and she's a whore. Devon isn't the first boyfriend she's slept with." I replied

"Why did you put up with that? Why didn't you kick her ass out?" she asked.

"I tried Mom. Went to Uncle Tony's law firm and everything. And they told me that since she's been living with me for over a year she has a right to that room and everything around it. And her rights double because she signed a legally binding contract. If I kicked her out, she could've sued me and took the house."

"Are you serious?"

"Yea, so I had to tolerate her until the lease was up." I replied.

"So what happened yesterday that changed everything?"

I wiped my tears away and answered her, "I just became too much. I was tired of not having control over my own house. And before the house was burned down, I was prepared to do whatever I had to, to make sure that she never stepped foot in my house again."

"Well, you did the right thing baby." She replied

"If that's the case mom why don't I have a home anymore?"

"Baby that was just a structure. You will always have a home. What have I always told you?" Mother asked.

"Where ever you live, so will I." I replied.

"Exactly. You had insurance correct?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Well here's what we'll do. I know the some people at the Fire Inspector's office. I'll make some calls, see if we can get the report rushed a little so we can get it to the insurance office. They'll find that it was arson, you'll your money and you can get another house. Until then, you'll stay here with me and your sister."

"No mom. You know Marguerite doesn't like me. I stay there and it will be more chaotic then it was, with Sherise." "Angela this is not up for discussion. You will come home. You need to be around family right now. If you had never left in the first place we wouldn't be having this conversation....."

" Oh Lord, Here we go again..."

"Yes we are having this conversation again. You were just a baby when you moved out. You were not ready to leave the nest."

"Mom I was 20 yrs old. Most parents kick their kids out at 18. And let's be the truthful. YOU were not ready for me to leave the nest."

"Well I'm not most parents. I'm YOUR parent and I didn't like you being out there by yourself then and I don't like it now. Things can happen when your out on your own without family support. Your house burning down is proof of that. You need to come home where I can take care of you. You can't know, how hard it's been for me to not to have any type of contact with you. I've missed you so much." Mother replied..

"I Love you Momma and It's been hard for me too. You and I used to be so close, but then I moved and everything went to hell."

Mother chuckled to herself, "That it did. I just wanted to keep you close to me. I want all my children to be close to me."

"And we are mom. We couldn't be more closer if we tried. But you got to let us live our own lives. You have to let us make our own mistakes and learn from them in our own way. We know that you love us. You tell us all the time. But you can't live our lives for us. I realize that it was a mistake to invite Sherise into my home. I can't take that back and I'm going to have to live with it. But it's my burden to bear mom, not yours."

"Well, you wouldn't have this burden, if you would just come home."

"Mom you didn't hear a word I said." I replied.

"I heard every word you said. And I realize something."

"What's that?"

"You get more and more like me every day. Independent as hell and stubborn to a fault. That's why we clash you know!"

"Mom we don't clash. We just are very passionate about our own thoughts."

"Child please, we clash. And the only reason we do, is because we're just alike!!"

I smiled at the phone, "I wouldn't say that's a bad thing. I wouldn't be the woman I am today if it weren't for you. I strive to be like you."

I could feel her smiling through the phone, "Now you're really going to make me cry."

"You might as well, I've been crying this whole time." I replied, as I began to tear up again. But these tears weren't sad tears.

She laughed.

"I love you Momma." I replied through my tears

"I love you my darling Angela. Don't ever doubt that."

"I never have Momma." I replied.

"Now to the next order of business.."

"Ok."

"Where are you?"

"I'm with a friend from school. He's been very helpful. He was actually with me at the burn sight. "

"Ok is this a 'Chessa' kind of friend, or a 'Devon' kind of friend?

"More of a 'Devon' kind of friend."

"Ok, I see some wounds heal faster then most."

I laughed into the phone. "Yea I guess they do."

"Can I meet this new friend?"

"Some day soon momma, I promise." I replied.

"So when should I expect you home?"

"I haven't said I'm coming home yet mom."

"Oh but you will. I won't have it any other way. You're my daughter and it's my job to take care of you. Maybe I overdo my job. I don't care. Your mine, I had you, I raised you, and I'm going to protect you until the last breath leaves my body. So deal with it. You WILL come home and that's final. And if I have to tear through the city to get you, I will. So, are we going to do this the hard way or the easy way?"

"I'll come home. But you know my schedule Mom. There are going to be times when I'm late coming home; or maybe not even come home at all. You'll have to respect that."

"Sweetheart you are a grown woman, I will give you your space. I promise. So shall I have Andreas come and get you or will you find arrangements?

"I'll ask my friend to drop me off."

"Alright. Then it's settled. I'll see you soon." She stated.

"Yes you will. And Momma?"

"Yes Baby?"

" Thank you."

"See you tonight."

"Ok, see you tonight."

We both hung up together. I looked up and Shane was standing at the doorway watching me. Our eyes stayed on each other for a few moments and then he said,

"Now I see where you get your resilience from. Your mother seems like a force to be reckoned with."

"She is. There is no fighting with her. She always gets her way."

"I'm sure she does. Is that what I have to look forward to in the future with you?"

I got up from the bed., went to him and wrapped my arm around his neck. His arms immediately wrapped around my waist.

"They say I'm more like her then any of my other siblings. So it's very possible. You think you can handle it?"

He smiled, "I know I can!!"

He brushed his lips against mine We stood in each others embrace for a few moments. I separated from his kiss, looked into his vibrant green eyes and smiled. "I have one more question for you?"

"And what's that?'

"You have had me for about a yr now correct?"

I nodded yes.

"When you first had me you were a little thicker then this. Did you lose the weight because you wanted to, or was it something else?"

I lowered my head in shame and replied,

"It's been really hard baby."

Shane brought his finger under my chin and lifted my gaze to his, "How have you been able to survive Angela if you've been paying all the bills for the last few years?"

"I've just been conserving food and clothing the best I can."

" So you've had to starve yourself because of this bitch? Why didn't you say anything?" he asked.

"I was ashamed. I walked around campus like a confident "diva" but in real life, sometimes after I paid my bills I couldn't afford to eat much."

Shane looked at me with a concerned expression after my confession.

"Don't look at me like that.", I uncomfortably replied

"Well how the hell am I supposed to look at you Angela? You're telling me that you lived in almost poverty because of some of trifling bitch. How am I supposed to feel about this?

"Look , this is more my fault then anything. I should have asked for help and I should have kicked her out. And that was my poor judgment. I was thinking with my pride instead of my head. All I could think about was getting through so that I could prove to those who didn't think I could it wrong." I answered.

Shane brought me back into his arms and held me tightly.

"Well you're not alone anymore baby." he whispered in my ear.

"I'm here now. And you will never want for anything ever again. I'm going to make sure of that."

I separated from his grasp and stepped back, "Baby you can't fight my battles for me. I've got to learn on my own." I replied.

He stepped forward. "Baby I'm not trying to take your independence away from you. But you need help. You have lived in hell for almost three years now. Your house just burned down. I'm sorry baby but there's no more of you this just 'getting through' anymore. I'm in your life now and I'm going to take care of you. I'm glad you're mother called when she did; because if she hadn't you would be staying right here with me."

"I don't need your charity Shane!" I replied.

"Oh don't get it twisted, This isn't charity. This is your man taking care of his woman. It's time you got some good out of all that bad. I say this as your teacher, your friend, and as the man who loves you."

His confession shocked me. I was speechless. I stood there and gazed at his loving expression. Taking it all in for my own personal memory book. I memorized his gorgeous dimples that showed when he smiled, his gorgeous green eyes that shown bright as green grass on a sunny day, his strong jaw, and his perfect Roman nose. Instantly I saw how our children would look. Plump beautiful babies with their dad's hair, his nose, my eyes or even his eyes, curly hair, and my hips. I couldn't have been happier.

I into his arms with tears of joy streaming down my face,

"I love you too my love. Always."

He smiled at me and took my lips into his. I opened up my mouth slightly and allowed his tongue to enter. We stood in each other's passionate embrace for long moments of time. It was as if time had actually stopped. I was the first to stop the kiss. I looked into his eyes and smiled.

"I wish I could stay, but I have to go home."

"I know you do. I'll drive you."

I nodded and replied, "Ok."

When my mom had hung up her phone she shook her head and allowed the tears of both joy and anger fall down her face. My mother is a control freak. When things don't go her way and we as her children don't do exactly what she wants she goes ballistic. This was the biggest reason why I moved out.

"Is everything alright Mom?" A voice said from the doorway of her study.

"Oh yes my child, everything is going to be just fine. Your baby sister is coming home."

My brother Andreas smiled at that. "Really?"

"Yes she is."

"How did you make that happen?."

" What do you mean, 'How did I make that happen?' I had nothing to do with it. Something tragic happened to her and she needs her family now more then ever. "mother replied.

"WHAT? What happened to my sister?" Andreas exclaimed as he sat down in the opposite chair from our mother's desk.

"Calm down, she's fine. Her house just burned down."

"WHAT!!" he exclaimed. "When did this happen?"

"It happened yesterday. We aren't exactly sure who did it, but there is some speculation." mother answered.

"Ok, who do you think did it?" Andreas asked.

"Her roommate."

"SHERISE? Why would Sherise burn down Angela's home? She lived there to. If she burned it down, then she burned her own home down as well."

"Oh contraire my love! Angela kicked her out yesterday. Apparently, Sherise has been sleeping with Angela's boyfriend, or should I say EX-boyfriend Devon."

Andreas sat back into the chair with a look of total shock.

"I can't believe this." He whispered.

"I know, it's craziness isn't it?" Well we don't have to worry about that little slut anymore. Momma's going to take care of things this time. That little bitch won't know what hit her. She'll rue the day when..."

"Mom, I have to go." Andreas interrupted.

That took our mother back a little, "Um ok, is everything alright love?"

Andreas lifted from his seat and smiled his winning smile, "Of course mom, I have to take care of something. When Angela gets here. Tell her I'll check in with her when I get back."

"Ok Baby. I love you Andreas. You know that right?"

"Of course Mom. Talk to you soon."

Andreas quickly left our mother's study. As mom watched him leave, she wondered to herself, "What are you up to Andreas?"

Andreas felt the door close after his wake. He took out his cell phone and pushed a button in his speed dial. A feminine voice answered,

"Hello?"

"What the hell are you doing?"

" I'm hanging with my friends, what do you think I'm doing?" a female voice answered

"It doesn't really matter, I need to see you." Andreas replied.

"Can it wait? I'm in the middle of something."

"NO!!! I need to see you NOW!!!" Andreas demanded.

"Ok, Ok, Don't get your panties in a wad. Where do you want me to meet you."

"Our regular place in 15 minutes. And don't keep me waiting." Andreas replied.

"You can't talk to me like that, I'm your....." Andreas hung up before the woman could finish her sentence. He rolled his eyes and went to his car.

Andreas ran to his Mercedes and flew to the Monroe Towers; which happened to be owned and ran by he and all his other siblings. When he entered the hotel the attendant immediately acknowledged him as he went to the desk to check in.

"Hello Mr. Monroe, is always a pleasure to see you."

"Thank you Maurice, it's always a pleasure to be here. I hope everything is well!"

"Oh yes sir. Everything is going smoothly!" Maurice replied.

"Is my room available?"

"Oh yes sir. And your guest just arrived."

"Excellent Maurice. I won't need the maid service till tomorrow and I wish to not be disturbed for the rest of the evening." Andreas replied.

"Oh yes sir, I will make sure of it myself."

Andreas smiled. "Thank you Maurice."

Andreas nodded at Maurice, caught the elevator up to his penthouse suite and the elevator opened to a candle lit apt.

"Hello my darling!" a voice said from the hallway entrance.

Andreas turned and his eyes met with those of the woman he just got off the phone with. The woman who he just recently asked to be his wife.

"Hello Sherise! I see you've been VERY busy."

*

CopyrightÓ November 2009 BBWLove 8369

Revised 2010