Life after Death Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Any thoughts on who we can use to handle the transition and implementation role Ed?" "Well actually I have had an idea, but I am not sure you are going to like it Steve…."

"Shoot" I said, "I have one too…but you first," grinning.

"Ok then……… Sarah …… She'd be brilliant at it Steve" almost apologising for suggesting we relinquish her from her current position.

He looked at me expecting the worst but I roared with laughter and told him those were my exact thoughts as well, and that I knew we were good together in business, but I never realised that we were that good. My next question was at what level would she operate? Providing ofcourse she was interested, I thought she would be as she had been increasingly expanding her workload over the last two years. He thought that we should give her a substantial raise, but was happy to leave those issues to me and that she should report directly to us, again something I thought perfectly acceptable. My next subject was a little trickier as it would have a profound effect on everyone.

"Ed, the next thing I want talk about is me, as you know too well the last couple of years have not been easy"

He nodded sympathetically and started to say something, I raised my hand as if asking him to let me finish.

"I would like to take it easier once we have bedded this new deal in place, possibly even take a back seat, Rachel and I are going to make a go of this, and I have come to the conclusion that I would like to take some time to enjoy life a little. I have no interest at this stage of selling out or not being part of the company, but I would like to be less hands-on in the future. I suppose that I'm saying that by two years today I would like to be considerably less involved on a daily basis."

"Wow! I knew you were looking at ways to take things forward mate, but I wasn't expecting you to say this. Are you happy with her? I know how happy you and Jane were, I really hope it works for you"

"Thanks Ed, she's wonderful, so different from Jane, but I feel complete when she is near me and thankfully she and Alice feel the same about us"

"That's great Steve, honestly …. You take your time and we can work out the future later, but at the moment it is just between you and I…. ok?"

"Fine and thanks Ed" and with that he stood up and we shook hands and left, which made me smile slightly, because as close as were professionally there was little emotion there. We had just made two huge decisions with regard the future of business and he left without hardly any thought, but then we had known each other for a long time and the trust was very strong, he knew I would not leave the business in trouble and I knew he would understand my actions. I called Sarah in and asked her to shut the door as she sat down she looked unusually apprehensive; I was never usually this formal with her anymore.

"Sit down Sarah, I need to talk to you"

She looked petrified and I couldn't help noticing how lovely she looked, but it was just an observation, just as you would admire a beautiful racehorse or an exquisite painting.

"I'm just going to come out with this and we can talk about it when I'm done ..Ok?" She nodded worriedly

"First don't look so worried," I smiled" secondly as you know there are going to be some huge changes when we merge with Staffing Solutions, and we have some massive operational issues to manage if we are not going to jeopardise the future of both companies. We need someone can run the business operationally, co-ordinating the transition of our ways, processes and systems into theirs as we fully integrate. As you know I have been looking for the right person for a while now"

"Have you got someone then?" she asked?

"I hope so.. That is if they are interested in the role that is" I said smiling warmly at her for the first time.

"Who is it?"

"You, if you want it. Obviously there would be a significant salary increase and I would make you a director of the company with an initial group share holding of 2%. What do you say?

She was shaking, the shock was obvious, and then she just beamed, getting up and running to the other sofa she hugged me again, then she just stood there in complete shock.

"I don't know what to say"

"Just say yes" I grinned.

"I want to, very much but can I tell Mike first? It will have a massive impact on our lives; I would really like to tell him first."

"Ofcourse Sarah take your time … you know what the job entails better than anyone, talk it over with Mike tonight and let me know tomorrow"

She thanked me and said she couldn't believe that we thought she was capable of the role, but when I explained that she knew the requirements better than virtually anyone else other than Ed and myself, she seemed to accept it. Besides she had effectively been running HR for me for over two years, coupled to the fact that she was an extremely able manger who regularly deputised for me when I was away, she began to understand my reasoning. I told her to go home and celebrate and we could finalise everything tomorrow when she talked to her husband. I then said that I was going home myself in a short while, and could she ask Phillip to bring the car round to the front door for me as I had something important to do as well.

Grinning at me again, she thanked me and kissed me on the cheek, telling me that she hoped I would find the happiness I deserved. I hugged her again and told her how happy I was. She wished me luck for both my dinner with Jane's' parents and asking Rachel officially to be my wife. I thanked her and began to pack away my desk, just as I did, my mobile rang and I saw it was Rachel. Answering it I smiled as I said;

"Hi Babe …how are you?"

"Great just finished and was wondering what time you could get home?"

"Actually I was just packing my case.. Did you get everything you needed?"

"Great… yes nearly …… I was wondering if you could give me a lift home I left my car at yours and came in by taxi as I thought you would work later and I could get everything done and meet you for a lift, but I have done everything I was desperate for. So, if we can spend an hour or so together before you have to go out all the better! Can you give me 15 minutes and I'll meet you there"

"Ok, no problem…. see you soon… I love you"

"Love you too darling… see you soon"

Smiling I as my phone went dead, my office phone went and I began to wonder if I would ever get out of there today, it was Sarah telling me that Claire was on line 3 for me. Picking it up and after chatting with her for a while I could tell something was on her mind. So I asked what was wrong? She said that she and Rob had been chatting and they knew that I was going to ask them for their blessing to marry Rachel, which was automatically given, they could see how happy both the kids and I were and they knew Jane would be happy for us. So why didn't we all go out for dinner together early and go to one of the many child friendly places close by. I was so touched by this, that I was speechless and stood there stammering my thanks and said I would get hold of Rachel and see whether she could make it at short notice, I was sure she could, but I needed to give her the chance of declining if she wished.

I met her in reception 5 minutes later after saying goodbye to Sarah, and relayed my conversation with Jane's mum, and I could see the tears begin to show in her beautiful eyes and I heard the emotion in her voice as she told me how pleased she was that they felt so positive about our relationship and ofcourse she would love to come too. We decided that we would just go to a local Steak House because it was laid back and relatively quick, I phoned Claire and let her know and they agreed to meet us there at 7pm, which was later than we would have liked with the kids, but as it was so close to my house, it meant the girls would only be up an hour later than usual. Rachel, chatted happily all the way home, telling me about her shopping and a little more about the holiday, and how she had seen some great stuff for the kids to wear. It was mundane, normal chatter that thousands of couples have everyday of their lives, but it was like music to my ears, listening to her tell me about her day. After a while she slowed and I began to do the same, telling her about offering Sarah promotion and agreeing with Ed and that I wanted to take a step back, the only thing I didn't mention yet was the ring in my pocket, I wanted to do that in private at home before the kids came back from their daily sitter, Alice was also met from school today and was at a friends, so we had about an hour and a half to ourselves before they came home.

We arrived at my home around 4.15 or so and as we got out of the car and walked to the house with me carrying her shopping she stopped, turning around she kissed me telling me how happy she was and that she loved me very much. I couldn't hold her close because of the bags I was holding, but was happy just let her kiss me and responded as best I could, smiling I told her that I had missed her and was so happy she could come with me tonight. Opening the door I put the bags down in the hall and grabbed her close again, my lips brushing hers as my hands roamed over her back and down over her bum, I instantly felt hard, just being close to her today, was driving me crazy. Laughing, she pulled away and said as she gently ran her hands over the front of my trousers and stroked my hard shaft.

"Someone's pleased to see me at least!!" she almost whispered as she said; "You still owe me from earlier mind"

"I know darling, do you reckon we have time before we have get the kids?

"Mmm …. That would be nice, I bought some stuff you'll love today, lovely little summer dresses and tops and some really lacy underwear … I can't wait for you to see them."

I groaned as she nibbled my bottom lip and ran her finger nails over my chest, the feeling of them through the material of my work shirt drove me crazy, as well as the fact she ground herself against my hard shaft. Kissing her passionately for what seemed like a lifetime, I was lost in the feeling of complete belonging, pulling away for a second I led her into the living room and sat her on the sofa, leaning into and kissing her again as I knelt infront of her, nervously I checked that the little box was still in my pocket and after confirming I hadn't lost it on the way home I started to say;

"Rachel, I know we talked for so long this weekend about how we feel about each other, I love you so much, and today not being together, I realised just how much I truly love you, just hearing your voice when we spoke on the phone or seeing you sitting on a bench in a busy street made me realise that you are part of me now. I know I said this yesterday, but I wanted to show you how much you mean to me …."

Pulling the little box out of my pocket as I looked into her eyes and held her hand, I asked;

"Rachel would you do me honour of marrying me?"

I opened the box to show her the ring as she squealed in delight and threw her arms around me, tears running down her cheeks as she smiled and softly said;

"Yes, Yes, Yes, my love, thank you … ofcourse I'll marry you, its beautiful, I love white gold and the stone is lovely, I don't deserve this Steve, thank you so much …… Oh god I love you"

With that she just held me tight and we both sobbed with happiness, clinging to each other, as if we were the only two people left in the world, Slowly as we parted, I lifted her hand and put the ring on her finger, thank god it fitted perfectly and she sat there almost in a daze looking at it and smiling she said.

"Thank you, I love you so much and I can never remember being so happy as you have made me in the last few months. I can't believe we have arrived to this point so quickly but I know in my heart it is the right thing for us all and I want to spend the rest of my life with you Steve. If I had my way I would never leave your side, but just knowing you are there waiting for me is enough."

I agreed and we sat there quietly for a minute and just held hands smiling, I think we both felt that we had made our lives complete somehow, then as in all these situations we realised we could not sit there all afternoon and got up to do mundane things like put the kettle on and move the bags upstairs etc. I made a cup of tea as she took the shopping up and followed her with hers, I found her lying on the bed in just her camisole and panties just looking at the ring on her finger, she was totally unaware of my presence and I thought she had never looked so beautiful as she did then. This was the woman that had agreed to spend the rest of her life with me, and as I moved slightly she noticed my presence and lying back on the bed she smiled at me.

"I was just changing and was probably going to shower when I couldn't help looking at how beautiful it is."

She was blushing as she spread out on the bed and she patted the bed inviting me to join her, I said I was grubby from my day at the office and should freshen up, but she laughed and said that she was the same from her day shopping so why didn't I come here and lie with her for a while and we could be dirty together. I said ok but I needed to get out of these clothes first, to which she replied that was excellent idea. We both knew where this was leading but we just acted as if it was nothing out of the ordinary. Lying next to her in just a pair of white cotton boxers I held her close, enjoying the scent of her perfume and found myself nuzzling into her soft neck and kissing her shoulder as she lay close and softly kissed my chest, it was so intimate, so gentle that I was lost in the sensation of belonging I felt.

As I lay there next to her, she moved one hand from behind my head and pushed her hair back from her brow. I began to move the tips of my fingers down across her eyebrows, down her nose, gently moving them to her lips. Tracing their outline, before she licked the tip and began to suck it deep into her mouth as I moved my finger in and out as she sucked on it. Sliding it out, coating her lips with saliva, before moving it back in, thrusting it into her mouth. I whispered to her that I loved her lips, and that they were so soft and that I loved the way they look wrapped around my finger, but that they looked even better when she sucked my shaft. Slowly sliding my finger out of her mouth and resting my hand on her delicate shoulder, I pushed her back gently so that she was lying flat on the bed again. Turning so that I was leaning halfway over her, teasing me she told me that I still owed her from this morning and that she felt neglected and that she needed attention, infact she needed a lot of attention, and infact she was a little overdressed as well so if I removed her camisole and knickers I could give her breast and pussy some attention, infact I could give them a lot of attention if I wanted.

Chuckling as I remove the flimsy garments, I lowered my head, and took her nipple into my mouth, wrapping my lips around it, sucking it deeper into my mouth as I rubbed my tongue across the hardness of her nipple. As she held my shoulder, I gently bit down, sending a thrill that I knew ran right through to her core, she groaned with pleasure as I caressed her breasts with both my mouth and hands, then stroking my way around her body until I reached her pussy, tracing the vee of her mons, she softly whispered that her pussy was on fire, her juices seemed to be flooding over my fingers as I continued sucking deeply on each nipple in turn. As I take it deep into my mouth, my free hand caresses and tweaks the other. Her back arched her exquisite body against mine from the intense pleasure she was feeling. Telling me not to stop as it was so arousing, so exhilarating, yet again I moved my mouth to her other breast, and pulling the nipple between my lips, raking it with my teeth, suckling it hard. She moaned that I better not stop what I was doing to her or she wouldn't marry me.

Grinning, I moved back from her slightly, my hand trailing down to her pussy once more as she spread her legs wide to give me better access, I moved my hand through her wetness, rubbing across her clit, teasing my way down to her opening and sliding one finger into the fire of her pussy as far as I could. I'm always surprised how tight she is, I look down at her with a slightly amazed look on my face and tell her how tight she feels, that I can only go so far and that I love her so much. I press my finger in deeper, and then slowly pull out and inserted another finger into her as she ground against my hand urging me to go deeper wanting me to finger her harder and as I massaged her g-spot, her breath caught in her throat as I felt her climax start to rise, but I pulled back, because I needed to move myself around her, pressing my cock towards mouth. I told her that I loved the fact that she was so tight, and that I had to lick her so that she would be ready for me. I moved my mouth to her soft pussy lips and began to kiss and lick at her clit, gently blowing a stream of warm air against it as I traced the outline of her lips with my fingers. Then I softly started to lick. From the bottom to the top, when I reached her clitoris once more, I gave it a quick little flick and went back down again, each time I pushing my tongue in deeper and deeper scooping out the sweet juices with my tongue. Rachel moaned out loud and began writhing with abandoned pleasure as I took her swollen clit between my lips and sucked lovingly on it and slipping a finger in side again. I felt my shaft being sucked between Rachel's lips, and as she sucked I could feel the blood pulsing through my cock, as it throbbed and twitched and I got harder and harder as she sucked on the bell end of my cock, she managed to probe the eye of my member with the tip of her tongue, her teeth gently rubbing up and down the shaft and she moved her head backwards and forwards, encouraging me to match her rhythm with upwards pelvic thrusts. Yet her fingers nails were caressing the sack of my balls, sending shivers of excitement repeatedly through my body.

Within seconds I felt that I would explode and pulled away and moved down between her legs. I pressed my hot, hard cock deep into her, slowly sliding in. It felt so good as I crushed my body down into hers as I drove my cock, deep into tight welcoming pussy. She pulled her legs up, wrapping them around my waist, thrusting her body up into mine. She grabbed the pillow under her head; as I press my face down into her neck and pound my full length into her. I whisper into her ear that she feels so good, that she feels so tight around my shaft, and that I could keep fucking her forever.

I reached down around behind me, grabbing her ankles and pulled them up higher, as I pressed more firmly into her, the Sweat was covering our bodies as we slid together, then apart and then together again. As I thrust into her, I was reaching right to her very core, thrusting into her harder and harder, driving her so close to her climax. I pulled her legs up in front of me, almost touching her own shoulders, which gave me better leverage. She began to moan, deep guttural groans, telling me to keep fucking her that it felt so good and could I feel her orgasm building, begging me to fill her pussy with my hot cum, but I wasn't ready to cum yet as I pressed into her again, pushing deep into her scalding pussy. I started to tell what a great fuck she was, and that I wanted her to cum for me, she started to shudder telling me she was close, our bodies dripping with sweat as her orgasm began to explode around my shaft, as she cried out, her breath catching with each sob, with each sensual moan. Eventually I could take no longer and came hard and strong into her hot velvet pussy, willing her to milk my shaft of all my juicy cum. As I came to my senses, I reached out ran my fingers lovingly through her silky dark hair thanking her and telling her how much I loved her.