Life Isn't Always Fair

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,703 Followers

I had no such plan but it did make Derek look a little nervous.

"Sarah, how long do you have before the baby is due?" I asked, changing the subject.

"I went to the doctor yesterday and he said one or two weeks."

"Good luck to you. If you need me for anything, just give me a call."

Derek didn't seem too happy with that statement but knew better than to say anything. The following Tuesday I got a call from Sarah as soon as I got home.

"Jim, my water just broke and Derek isn't here. He left for Indiana yesterday. Is there any chance you can take me to the hospital?"

"Of course, I'll there in a minute."

I rushed out the door and drove around the corner to Sarah's place. She was sitting on the porch with her suitcase. I put it behind the seat and helped Sarah up into the truck. We both laughed when I had to push on her butt again.

"This is beginning to be a habit," she said and laughed.

"But a fun one," I said.

She gave me a list of papers for the admissions desk when we arrived. I also had a list of phone numbers of people to call while they checked Sarah. Mainly it was Sherry, whose phone was busy when Sarah had tried to call her earlier. When I talked to Sarah's parents, they said they would get to the hospital as soon as they closed the hardware store.

I tried Derek's number over and over but it kept saying out of area. That just pissed me off even more. What a creep she had for a husband.

When I went up to her room, the nurses let me in. They probably assumed I was the husband. I sat next to her, holding her hand while I told her about the phone calls. I don't know why I did it but I leaned forward and kissed her forehead. She didn't say anything, just gave me that beautiful smile.

Sherry got there and the three of us talked. Brad, Sherry's husband, was outside the hospital trying to reach Derek. When Sarah's parents arrived, Sherry and I walked outside to let her be alone with them. Brad told us he finally got through to Derek. He said Derek wouldn't be able to be there till late the next day. Again I had to think what a fuck-up for a husband he was, never there when she needed him.

We went back up to the room. Sherry told her what Derek had said. Sarah wasn't at all surprised, since Derek hadn't been there for her yet. Sarah's parent had a few harsh things to say about Derek but waited till they were out of Sarah's room.

When it was time for the delivery, the nurse asked what family members were going to be in the room. They needed garments and masks. Mrs. Johnson was the only one going in. The nurse gave me a mean look but didn't say anything. I guess she still thought I was the baby's father.

Finally the nurse came back. "She's one beautiful little girl. You can go in now," she said, looking at me.

Mrs. Johnson looked surprised to see me, but just kind of smiled. The nurse handed me the most beautiful little girl I had ever seen. I swear I had tears running down my cheeks as I looked at Angel Dawn. I walked over to Sarah who was sitting up and handed her Angel. She sure looked like her mother, which was a good thing in my opinion.

Everyone else came in to see the baby. Sherry looked over at Brad and said, "I want one."

"Honey, we'll start working on it as soon as we get home."

Everyone laughed at that. Sarah thanked me several times for being there for her. Even her parents thanked me.

The following day, Sherry and I went to visit Sarah on our lunch hour. She looked so happy holding her little girl. Apparently Derek had called to say he was sorry he couldn't make it back in time for the delivery. He would be there to pick her up in a few hours and take her home though.

Derek showed up, but I didn't want to be around him so I didn't see Sarah for a few days. She was going to take two months off from working at the store. Her parents were going to pay her anyway. After that she thought she would make a place in the back office and take Angel to work with her. Of course, Grandma Johnson was all for it.

In the following month, I saw Sarah and the baby a couple times a week. I would make something for dinner and take it over. Once in a while Sarah cooked for me. Those few hours the three of us spent together were some of the best times. We would laugh and take turns feeding the baby. Sarah even had me change the little one. I felt like I was all thumbs but it made Sarah laugh. I loved to see her laugh.

That's when I realized I was falling too deeply for a family that wasn't mine. I knew I had to do something about it. My friend Bill recently broke up with his girlfriend and asked if I wanted to go on a cruise for a few days. I thought the best thing for me was to go away, get laid and take my mind off Sarah. I talked with my dad and told him I would be taking a few days off for the cruise. Sherry was glad to see I was trying to get out more too.

I let Sarah know I would be gone for a few days so she wouldn't worry if she tried to get hold of me. She actually said she wished she could go. Derek had told her that he would take her on a cruise someday. Now that she had the baby, she figured it would be a while.

"I hope you have a great time. You deserve it. Bring us back a souvenir," she said as she smiled. "It's going to be a long weekend. Derek called and said he wouldn't be home till Monday. Maybe I will go stay with mom and dad since you won't be dropping by."

I leaned over and gave Angel a kiss on the forehead. She was a little sweetie, just like her mother.

"Lucky little girl," said Sarah.

I don't know why I did it but I turned around, put my hands on Sarah's face, and kissed her tenderly for maybe three seconds. When I realized what I had done, I stepped back. Sarah just stared at me with her mouth open.

"I'm sorry, Sarah. I don't know what came over me. I'm so sorry."

The thing is, Sarah hadn't pulled away. I'm not sure if she was surprised or shocked at me kissing her.

"Jim, you better leave, please."

"Sarah, I'm sorry, I don't know what to say..."

"It's okay Jim; please just leave now," said Sarah.

I turned and left her house. I needed to get away from Sarah before we were both hurt. Going on the cruise was ideal.

How do I say this? It was like a love affair between two people who never made love and never talked about it. We did our best to respect each other's situation, but deep down I think we both wished we could be together.

****

Bill and I headed off for our cruise. We were flying down to Florida where the cruise ship bus was picking us up at the airport. Bill was eyeballing a lot of women on the plane, hoping a few might be going on the cruise.

We talked about how we both needed to get away, have fun, and get laid.

Neither of us was out to find romance but just wanted to have a good time. He did tell me that he was able to get a cabin with two separate beds. Good thing, because I hadn't thought about that before. Even though Bill was my best friend, sharing a bed with him wasn't what I had in mind.

Two ladies sitting next to us asked about the cruise we were taking. They had overheard us talking. They were probably in their late thirties, and said they were going on the same one as we were.

Bill was a few years older than me, and these women were about his age. I thought they looked pretty good; I know Bill did by the way he spent so much time explaining about the ship. If they had any questions, he would do his best to answer them since he had taken several cruises.

Before we knew it, we were landing. We exchanged names, adding that if we saw them on the ship, we would like to have dinner with them. They both thought that would be nice. A cruise ship is very large, so you could be on it for days and not see everyone. It all depended where your interests were. Movies theaters, swimming pools, lounges, shows, gambling, and more were available to do on this ship.

As soon as we boarded and spent a half hour checking in, we headed for our cabin. It was pretty nice with the two double beds. Once we got settled in, we headed for the poolside lounge. This ship had three pools. We got our drinks and sat around looking at all the sights, mainly women in swimwear.

We could pretty much tell right away who was coupled up and which women were looking for a good time like we were. We hooked up with a couple of nice ladies as soon as the ship left the dock. They joined us in the lounge in their bathing suits. It wasn't long before we were having some naughty type conversation.

One gal mentioned that a movie was going to start shortly. It was an adult film but not hard core. They allowed bathing suits in the theater, so we went with the ladies. It wasn't long before we were playing touchy-feely games. It had been a long time since I had oral sex in a theatre. It was the start of a nice evening.

We stayed paired up with Bev and Violet the whole first day, going to dinner together, and later a little dancing. We weren't sure what to do about the room until Bev said she and Violet had no problem being in the same room at the same time.

I'm not a pill user. But I made an exception for this cruise, and was I ever glad I did. Bev and I must have had sex three times before I took a nap. When I woke up, Violet was in my bed. Damn, I couldn't remember the last time I had two different women in the same night.

After our little mini orgy, we headed to one of the all night pools and hot tubs. We played in the pool for a while, then Bev and Violet left for their cabin. It was a great first day as we headed back for a well needed rest.

We woke up late the next morning, missing breakfast. So we headed up to one of the small restaurants on board and got some coffee and a bite to eat.

Just a note for those who haven't been on a cruise. The ship we were on had three meals at scheduled times. Of course these were large buffets and special dinners. Usually all you could eat. If you ever missed one you could always eat at one of the small diners on deck. They had twenty-four hour service at some of them.

While there, we discussed the events of the previous night. All in all, it was a lot of fun. I didn't have time to think about Sarah, which was a very good thing.

Our ship was docking on an island for the day. We hit the beach and watched all the great sights. They had both a nude beach and one with swimwear required. We decided to hit the one with swimsuits. Both Bill and I had good bodies, but it never hurt to leave a little to the imagination, even for guys.

I was checking out the ladies when I spotted Amy and Barb from the flight. I waved to them and they came over and put their towels next to us. They said they spent their first day checking out some of the ship, and gambling. When they asked us what we did our first night, Bill said we saw a movie and spent some time in the pool and lounge.

Amy laughed, saying, "I bet you weren't alone."

"No, we met some new friends," I said.

"We're free the whole day and night if you want to hang out with us today," said Bill. "We can have dinner and those drinks we promised you."

"Sounds good to us," said Barb. "Had about all the gambling we could afford."

We all pretty much hung together, but eventually Barb paired with me and Amy with Bill. I went to the drink wagons near where we were and got us all frozen daiquiris. After a few hours, we headed to a food buffet set up just off the beach. As a whole, the day was really pretty good for us. Good company, great food, and all we had to buy were drinks.

We took the girls on a sightseeing boat that went around the outskirts of the island. All the crew had dressed like pirates. After a few drinks, the girls had no problem sitting on our laps, and didn't seem to mind some intimate touching.

Back on the ship, we had to dress up for dinner. We arranged to meet up with Barb and Amy to take in some entertainment and a little dancing. Damn, I loved holding women close to me. I came right out and asked Barb if she wanted to be with me tonight. She knew exactly what I meant.

"I was afraid you would never ask," she replied.

We went to her cabin and Bill and Amy used ours. Barb admitted that she hasn't been with a man in quite a while. I promised to be gentle and not to do anything she didn't want.

It was odd but we didn't kiss much. This wasn't about love; it was all about sexual release. After we both got undressed, I started by gently massaging her shoulders and back. I spent a lot of time caressing her buttocks and thighs. I stayed away from her pussy till I could smell her sex. When I heard her give out a light moan, I dropped between her legs and gave her pussy a good eating till she came the first time.

I didn't give her time to come down off her high as I inserted my hard cock into her. Beginning with a slow fuck, I kept it up till she was continually asking for more.

I wore a condom but she told me she could still feel me coming. That was the first of three rounds of sex we had that night. The next morning we met Amy and Bill for breakfast. After we ate, we said our goodbyes, and told them we hoped to see them again.

They were fun but they were just like us, out to try different things. They didn't want any serious attachments any more than we did. It was just about the sex and having a good time.

"I'm going to check out this black woman," Bill said when we were alone again. "It's been a long time since I was with anyone dark skinned."

"Then I'll go look around the gift shop. I promised someone a souvenir."

"Jim, you're here to get your mind off her. You have to understand it's a lost proposition for you," said Bill.

"Believe me Bill, I do understand. I just wanted to pick something up for little Angel. Plus, I might look around for another redhead," I replied and laughed.

In no time I saw Bill with a black woman. He smiled at me while I walked toward the gift shop. As I went in, I saw a woman with red hair who reminded me of Sarah. When I approached the counter, she turned and smiled at me.

I looked down and saw she was pregnant. "I'm sorry for staring; a close red haired friend of mine just had a baby. You reminded me of her when I first saw you."

"I guess I should take that as a compliment. Hi, my name is Dorothy, but my friends call me Dot."

"Pleased to meet you Dot. Is this your first child?" I asked.

"No, this is number three. I have two sons at home, ages eight and four. This will be my first girl, due in another three months," she said with a smile.

"My god, you don't look old enough to have three kids," I replied.

"I got married to my high school sweetheart ten years ago. We had this cruise planned for our anniversary and I wasn't going to miss it. I stopped in here to get the boys a souvenir."

"I came in to buy my friend's daughter a small gift too. I have no idea what to buy a baby a few months old."

"You seem close to this woman and her child. By any chance she's not your daughter? I'm sorry; I shouldn't have been so nosy. Please forgive me?" Dot asked.

"It's okay. No, my friend is married; I've known her since childhood. I do care for her but the baby isn't mine. Any suggestions?"

She held up a little shirt that read, "I love my Mommy".

"This is always a good choice."

"Dorothy, you seem like a very nice person. Let me ask you something. Would it be wrong for me to buy my friend a souvenir also?"

"That's a tough one. Are you good friends with her husband?" asked Dot.

"Not really. We're not enemies, but not friends either," I answered.

"Well, if you still want to buy her something, make it non-personal, like a book or coasters for an end table."

"Thanks for your help, Dot. Not to be taken as a come-on, but from what I can see and the little I know about you, you have one lucky husband. I wish you and your baby the best."

I don't know why I said all that, probably because she somewhat reminded me of Sarah. After she left the store, I bought the shirt she suggested for Angel. I know I shouldn't have done it but I also bought a nice necklace for Sarah.

I met up with Bill and he told me that the black lady he saw earlier was a play for pay woman. He said she had a friend and if we were interested he had their cabin number.

"Bill, do you really want to pay for pussy when there is all this free stuff here for the taking?"

"Jim, I was just thinking that it is our last night here on the ship. For a few hundred dollars each we don't have to pretend anything. They will do whatever we want. All we have to do is buy the booze, take a blue pill, and just fuck the night away."

"Okay, I'm in. I haven't been with a black woman since I returned from the service. Thinking about it, I had to pay for that too," I said and laughed.

We ordered in some booze, and then had all the sex two guys could handle. Those girls were hot and really liked sex. They were students, and planned on using the money for college tuition. The evening went great, and we ended up giving them each a couple hundred extra dollars. By midnight, Bill and I had all we could handle. We thanked the girls and headed back to our cabin for a good nights sleep.

The next morning we got up in time to have breakfast. We would be back in port in a few hours. I must admit that I had never gotten laid so much in such a short period of time in my life. For the most part, it took my mind off Sarah, but I knew in just a few hours reality would be setting back in.

Bill and I decided to sit on the upper deck and just do some people watching. It was then that I saw Dorothy, the pregnant redhead, with a man. I was stunned and at a loss for words when I noticed the man was Derek. Yes, it was Sarah's husband Derek with Dorothy.

She waved to me, and when Derek looked to see who she was waving at, he went into near shock. I know he could see the hate in my eyes even as I saw the fear in his. I walked up to them, and Dorothy began to introduce me to Derek as her husband.

"Dorothy, I know Derek, and I need to speak with him privately. Please excuse us for a few minutes."

"Honey, it's okay. I'll be right back," said Derek.

I grabbed Derek by the arm and pulled him outside on deck. "What the fuck is going on? This woman said she's your wife, and that you've been married for ten years."

"Please don't tell Sarah. I'll try and explain," said Derek.

"What, that you're married to two women and have children with both of them? Either you are or you aren't. Which is it?" Of course the answer was obvious.

"Yes, it's true. I had problems in my marriage before I met Sarah. I was thinking of leaving my wife, and began dating Sarah. She got pregnant and I thought I would marry her. Shortly after we did, Dorothy and I reconciled. Now she's pregnant again."

"So you're one big fucking bigamist and liar. You're married to two wonderful women and using both of them." I replied.

"Are you going to tell Sarah?" he asked.

"No, you are! You have till Tuesday to tell her the truth. After that we'll let the courts take care of it. If I had my way, I'd take your fucking ass and throw you overboard right now.

"If you don't tell Sarah, I will. Then I'll come looking for you. This isn't a threat, it's a fact. I suggest you tell Dorothy also, seeing you might be going to jail. Last I heard it was still one man, one wife. I've read about assholes like you but you're the first one I ever met. You make me sick.

"Maybe I should just throw you overboard now," I said as I grabbed him and pulled him to the railing.

Bill was standing by watching me. "Jim! Don't do it; he's not worth it. I can imagine how you feel. On second thought maybe you should just throw him overboard. I'll be a witness and say it was self-defense." I knew Bill was just pushing Derek's buttons. I'm sure he would have stopped me from doing it. Besides, people were starting to gather around us.

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,703 Followers