Life’s Strange Turns Ch. 07-08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
deadeye_76
deadeye_76
1,699 Followers

"No, thanks. I'll just wait here."

She smiled at my joke and left. I was alone with my thoughts.

Now what was I supposed to do? I was scheduled to stick around a couple of days to see Angela, but after that I had to go back to Chicago and my job. I had tried to think about this since learning that I was a father, but hadn't come to any conclusion yet. I knew that I had never gotten over Jennifer, but until recently had always assumed that it was just me and that she had moved on. Now I was hearing that that was not the case. I had to figure out what to do about this.

We heard from Jessica about 6pm that the transfer was complete. My reading had told me that it took 2-4 weeks for the results to start showing. This was called 'engraftment'. I told my family that I was going back to Chicago on Sunday the 8th and would be back in four weeks. Jessica stared at me like she wanted to ask me something, but remained quiet.

I spoke briefly to Jennifer the next day before I left, but it was all about Angela. Nothing about us. On Saturday, I went over to the hospital to say good-bye and see how Angela was doing before I left for a couple of weeks. They wouldn't let me see her until one of the family members were there. Jennifer finally arrived and gave me permission to see Angela and I did. All the precautions were still in place.

Angela was mostly out of it when I was there, so I didn't get to say much. I went to speak to Jennifer in the lounge again and she was with her family. I just hung around until they realized that I wanted to speak with her. They moved away and I looked at Jennifer. She waited.

"What?"

"Ummm. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry about everything. I'd like to talk to you when I get back. I mean really talk. Can we do that?"

She stared at me and then looked away. "Yeah, sure." There was no conviction in it and I wondered if we had grown too far apart to make this work.

I left and went home to pack.

deadeye_76
deadeye_76
1,699 Followers