Light and Dark Ch. 03

Story Info
A witch's life and love.
7.2k words
4.75
9.6k
2

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 03/27/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ricrindi
Ricrindi
15 Followers

Thanks for reading everyone! I really appreciate the comments and critiques. I'm still trying to find an editor so I apologize for the errors. I know there isn't any sex yet but I promise a good show soon...

-------

We pulled up to the restaurant. I had heard of it from Bernice and Fanny many times before. They said it was the newest four-star restaurant here in the United States. "To die for!" I believe were the exact words they used. As for why we were here, it wasn't because it was expensive it was because Nicklas loved to eat, well that and he loved when people catered to him. After four hundred years of being the Master of North America, he had rather gotten used to having people jump when he told them to. The eating though, was the one human trait he had worked to regain and he had done it with much success.

As he pulled up to the valet curb, a short young kid clad in a red suit, ran up to my door and opened it. Nicklas hopped out of the car and walked around at a human pace. He really did try to tone down his powers out in public, but I found it quite odd in the ways he chose to walk. It looked like he was trying to walk slow, but his movements were too planned. I started to get up when Nicklas held out his hand for me. I took his hand and he pulled me up with out effort. He never held back on his strength though. The valet gave us a ticket and headed for the car. I slid my arm through Nicklas's and he led me to the entrance. The door was opened from inside and we stepped in. I knew why he picked this restaurant the minute the air hit me. Warm and inviting, it almost had the smell of some far off destination. I could pick out cinnamon, Creole seasonings and citrus. Fresh. It was a beautiful setup. Blues, reds and gold littered the pallet.

The maitre de welcomed us with a French accent. "Good evening, do you have a reservation?"

"McManus."

The man perked up at the mention of his last name. Nicklas was known in North America for his business. You know, the corner coffee shop, and although he was quite wealthy on his own, the added fame of the business gave him just a bit more 'human' power. Well that and it was a great cover.

"Ah!" He grabbed two menus and ushered us away.

I looked up at Nicklas, he was very proud of his choice, so I kissed him on the cheek.

He looked down at me with his blue eyes as we walked to our table. "What was that for?"

" For tonight." It came out as a whisper but he heard me and the smile that encased his face was beautiful.

The man stopped at a very romantic booth set for two, secluded from most of the restaurant by yards of crimson and gold draped fabric. On one of the place settings was a single calla lily. The man motioned me in, I slid in and he handed me a menu. Nicklas slid about a foot from me and took the other menu from the man. "I'll send your waiter right over." He hurried away. I picked up the lily and held it in my hand. I was instantly at ease.

"So, what do you think?" I turned to look at Nicklas. He had slid one arm on top of the booth's seat and the other hand was lying purposely on his menu. He was turned ever so slightly, facing me, already knowing my answer.

"I would have to say that it is incredible but then I wouldn't have expected anything less."

A sly little smile enveloped his face and he leaned in closer to me. "Do you forgive me?"

Wanker. He was trying to smooth over the earlier attack. I wasn't mad at him for what had happened, well at least not any more. I was just a tad curious as to why he let it go on as long as it did. "You didn't attack me. So why would you need to be forgiven?"

He pulled back a bit, but didn't lose the smile. "Are we going to keep playing this game that we have going on, or can we relax for awhile?"

He was irritated with me and I was starting to feel the same. I wasn't mad at him and he knew it, so what was he trying to prove here?

"I'm really not upset and I'm not interested in playing any games." I placed my menu down on the table and folded my hands in my lap. I could feel another fight coming and I knew he was going to bring up the earlier one we hadn't finished. Thankfully, the waiter popped up just as Nicklas was about to respond. "Good evening! How are you tonight?"

I looked up and smiled at the waiter, "Wonderful, and you?" The waiter, who was wearing one of the whitest shirts I have ever seen, was a bit taken aback by my response. "Fine, thank you. May I bring you something to drink?"

He broke eye contact with me and looked at Nicklas. He glanced quickly at me and then back to the waiter. Before he could order, however, I took over. I wasn't going to spend the whole night in this wonderful restaurant regretting that I had come here. I concentrated on the room and flicked my hands. Everything slowed and stopped. I turned to Nicklas, who was immune to that power and started on my rant.

"Now, before you order anything and we start this night out, I want you to know that I am NOT upset. I agreed to come out with you because you asked. I have no underlying motives and I would hope the same from you." His face had dropped to a surprised look and I kept going. "I want to enjoy this dinner and the company. So if you want to enjoy it with me, I suggest Bordeaux."

With that I flicked my hands again and the restaurant jolted back to life. Nicklas smiled, shook his head and ordered Mouton Rothschild 2000 Pauillac. A good choice on his part and the waiter nodded and scurried away. There was a brief silence, where I settled down into the softness of the booth and then Nicklas spoke.

"You really have become a bit more forward and don't take it as an insult, I am just... impressed." I smiled at his comment. He was right.

It wasn't too long ago when I would bite my tongue, but with a little help from Madison and me realizing how unhappy I was, I've started taking little steps forward. It is amazing how liberated one can feel by just telling others how they feel. I had bottled everything up for so long and now I was learning not to. It was tiring at times and a bit emotional, but I hope for the best! "I realized I was unhappy, so I fixing the problems."

He smiled again and returned to his previous position. I kept my hands in my lap but turned slightly to face him. "Have you found your happiness?"

His question was simple but I would be lying if I said answering it would be easy. I looked at him, studied his face and tried to read what was on the outside of him. He was being sincere, so I answered honestly. Not that I could have lied. He would have known.

"I am working on it."

I looked down at my hands. His question had bothered me and now I was a bit uneasy as to why he had asked me out. I don't know why I felt uneasy, but I did. Maybe I was beginning to move him out of my mind. Maybe I was beginning to move on and somehow it bothered me.

"Alexis." His voice was low and he had focused it on me. I took a deep breath and looked back toward him.

"Yeah?" He dropped the arm that was resting on the top, down onto the seat and he held his hand open for me. He knew I felt uneasy and I realized that he had been reading me again. I could be mad about it, but I brushed it off. I paused only briefly and slowly I brought mine out of my lap and placed it in his. He gently squeezed it and just let them rest there. No powers, no reading. This was different, almost nice. The waiter popped back in with the decanted bottle and poured two glasses for us. He glanced at both of us, unsure of where to start, which almost made me laugh and then settled on Nicklas. "Would you care to order?"

Nicklas left his hand with mine and turned his attention to the waiter, "I'll have your filet, very rare and the lady will have the Waldorf."

He nodded his head and scampered off to put in the order.

I started this time, "Guessed I wanted a salad?"

He turned back to me, "I didn't have to guess."

I smiled and picked up my wine glass. He was right. I loved that salad. Apples, walnuts, raisins and lettuce, it was just an intriguing salad. I turned my attention to the wine. It had a fine, deep color, almost black with a purple-violet tint. The taste was, full with intense flavors of blackcurrant, blackberry and spice with a hint of cinnamon, a truly wonderful wine. I set my glass back on the table and was about to sit back when I felt the cold chill run down my spine. I grabbed the table and whispered Nicklas's name. He turned to me, saw what was about to happen and grabbed both of my hands. I squeezed his as I felt the heat in my toes and then it shot up my spine, straight into my head.

I instantly felt the cold earth at my feet. I looked around and saw two women praying in the middle of the woods. They were witches, but not of any coven I was familiar with. The full moon was high in the sky and they were giving thanks to the Lady. Just as they were about to blow out the candles they had surrounding the circle, the flames erupted creating a circle of fire around them. Out of the fire stepped a man clad in the same toga as the Lady of the Water. He wielded the fire in the palm of his hand and used it to vanquish one of the witches instantly. I felt her pain blistering all over my skin and heard her scream in my soul. I fell to my knees. The fire circle disappeared and the remaining witch tried to use her power on him but he reflected it. A trembling started beneath the ground and up raised a woman wearing the same clothing. In her hand she carried a scepter of wood topped with crystal. The witch tried to run, but the ground beneath her fell and swallowed her with out a trace. I could feel the earth pressing up against her chest. She was being crushed. Then there was nothing.

My senses returned to me. Nicklas was still holding my hands. I drew a deep breath. "What time is it?" He was afraid to let go of my hands because I was shaking, quite noticeably in fact but he turned one of them over, looked at his watch and replied, "It is six forty-five." I sighed and looked up. "Good." I pulled my hands away and reached for the water glass. I nearly shook the water out of the glass and onto the entire table but I forced myself to steady. I was burning up. I pulled out a few of the ice cubes and rubbed them on my forehead. I suddenly remembered her skin, my skin being on fire. I looked all over my exposed skin. Nothing at all. I let out huge sigh.

I sensed Nicklas about to speak and I started first. "In the woods, some where near, at midnight there will be two witches. Fire and Earth make their appearances."

He wasted no time in responding, "Alexis, this will make three of the elements. Are you going to try to save the witches?"

I looked at him. His face was blank, so I wasn't exactly sure if he was telling me not to go, or if he was going to be supportive. I was about to speak when the waiter brought our dinner. "Here you are. Let me know if there is anything else you need."

I stopped him before he walked away. "Please bring me a larger glass of water." He went to leave as a huge heat wave hit me and I called for him again. He turned and I spouted out, "A pitcher. The biggest pitcher of water that you have."

He nodded, hopped away and was back in seconds with a larger glass and the pitcher.

"Thank you."

I picked it up and drank all of the liquid that was available. The ice would be next. Am I on fire? I seriously feel like I am on fire. I was glad I hadn't spoken that out loud. How ridiculous. I took the ice out of the glass and started to rub it over my arms. As Nicklas's voice brought me out of my head, "Are you okay?"

I shrugged as I rubbed what was left of the ice over my chest. "I have no idea. If I bust into flames, then no, otherwise I am having one hell of a heat flash."

He reached out to touch my arm but I pulled myself a bit over, "Please don't."

I tried to keep my voice as non-upset as I could and it worked.

He nodded and spoke, "Are you going to try to save them?"

I had forgotten that he had previously asked me the same question a few seconds ago. Well if I wasn't on fire then I was going to... Okay I didn't say that out loud but I should have. I poured another glass of water, downed it and then answered, "I have to try to save them."

He put his napkin on the table; "I am going with you then." His tone said he was final and I didn't mind if he came. He was ready to move.

I grabbed his arm. "No. Eat. We have a few hours till midnight anyway."

He relaxed back into the booth. "Are you sure?" He was waiting for my answer.

"I am."

I picked up the glass with the remaining ice and began chewing on it. We sat in silence. He chewing on his steak and myself working on all the ice we had at the table.

When he pulled up to my front door we were arguing. "Nicklas please! I don't want to hear it. I am going." I opened the front door and walked through.

He was at my heals. "You're not even going to consider that this might kill you?"

I turned, catching him off guard. "This is nothing. I am going to heal myself right now and then I am going to go try to save those two ladies."

While he was finishing his dinner, I felt like I was spontaneously combusting. The heat from the vision was permeating through me and blisters started to cover my body. It had been an interesting situation. I quickly stopped time in the restaurant and we headed out the front. Avoiding the valet was a challenge but I managed. We had to stop at a gas station on the way back to buy me a bag of ice though. This is the worst wounding I think I've ever received, but then again burns are always the worst.

"Alexis, please." He was actually pleading with me.

I was already walking up the stairs to my room to shower. I stopped at the top and looked down at him just standing there. I had to help. I didn't have plan of action yet, but I had three hours to make one. I'll be damned if he was going to pull this knight in shining armor stuff now.

"I am going and will be perfectly capable of taking care of myself."

I put a deep note on the last part and I meant it. I didn't want his macho crap getting in my way. I turned back around and felt his hand on my arm. Jesus he was fast. I didn't turn back to face him, I just spoke. "I am receiving these visions for a reason. I couldn't save your man, but this time I might be able to help and that is a chance I have to take. It is what I was born to do."

I heard him sigh and he dropped his hand. I walked down the hallway to my room. The pain from the burns was worsening. Where he had just touched my arm felt like the skin had been ripped off. I stripped as fast as I could and ran into my bathroom. I hopped into the shower and turned the water on cold and had to hold back the scream. Damn the pressure from the shower head was too strong. The pulsing water sent waves of pain through my body. I turned off the shower and got out. I walked over to the bathtub and started drawing the cold water there. When it was half full, I stepped in. The water wrapped itself around me. It felt wonderful. I concentrated on my breathing and focused on my skin. I let the blue healing light flow from my body. In a matter of minutes I was fine. I stayed in the tub for just a moment longer and as I was about to stand, there was a knock at the bathroom door. "Yeah?"

Nicklas walked in and stopped the minute he saw I was in the tub and nude. He had changed his clothes. Hum. I know he didn't have any clothes here, so he either carried a spare set in his car or he had flown to his house. He was wearing his duster, tank top and leather jeans again. Must be comfortable. He walked to the tub and kneeled down. "Are you feeling better?"

I looked up at him. His eyes hadn't moved from mine since he walked through the door. Was he embarrassed to see me naked? He had seen me naked many times before and it didn't bother him then. I stood and he followed me up. The water felt wonderful running down my body. I let all of my negativity flow down with it. "I am fine, thank you."

He didn't move, just kept his eyes locked with mine. "You don't have to be strong by yourself."

He brought his hand up to my chin as I answered, "I know."

The sight of the girl burning flashed through my mind; "Their fear and pain is still in my head."

He ran his hand through my hair and let it rest on the back of my neck. I looked up at him. He spoke first, "I..."

There was so much coming from him right now that I was almost worried about what he was going to tell me. I was very interested in what he was about to say, but he cut off his own sentence and pulled his emotions back. "If you think you might want more help, I have people waiting."

He had gone home to change. Damn, that meant his clan knew what was happening. I wasn't sure how to feel about that. "I'll be waiting for you downstairs."

He opened the door and walked out. I stood there for a moment just trying to calm myself, but I knew I was more upset with his inability to keep my matters out of his matters. I wanted my visions to be mine, not something he told his buddies about. Plus, I wanted to know what he was going to say. Who starts a sentence with as much feeling as he was putting out and then stops at 'I'? Well, I probably would, but dammit!

When I felt as good as I thought I was going to get, I walked into my closet. The outfit from the previous encounter had been cleaned and Mrs. Cooper had hung it up in my workout clothing section. I dressed quickly, found the athame I had hid earlier and strapped it to my calf, pulling the pants over it to cover. I grabbed my black tennis shoes and a pair of socks, then headed for the bedroom. Would I need the sword? Probably not, I thought to my self as I put on the socks and shoes. Dressed, I stood and walked back into the closet to my vanity. I picked up my hairbrush, brushed my hair back into a ponytail and fastened it with a black scrunci. Okay. Here we go.

I walked out of the bedroom and headed down the hallway to the stairs. Nicklas was sitting on the third step from the bottom. I trotted down and sat next to him.

He turned to face me, "You ready?"

I nodded but kept my stare at my shoes, "You know, we are going to have to talk at some point." I turned my face to his.

He wasn't showing anything on his face, but his eyes were another story. "What is there to talk about?"

He was going to play everything off and let me cop to it first. I was of course irritated with him, but I wasn't ready to talk yet either. Talk about us, meant I had to actually admit to myself how I felt and that I rarely did. I stood and started to walk to my altar room.

"I know what this means to you, but will you at least pretend you heard my concerns?"

I paused with my hand on my altar room door, "I heard your concerns. Although honestly I'm not sure why you even care."

He stood and went to say something but again pulled back and that really pissed me off. "Fine, no talking then." I shoved open the doors and they slid to the sides.

I walked over to my potions chest. "I thought those didn't work last time." Nicklas had walked over and stopped at the door.

I had never invited him into my altar room before. It was my sacred space and was protected from evil, even Master vampires. He would need my permission for this one and I wasn't ready to give it to him.

"They didn't, that's why I am going to make four stronger ones."

This was going to be fun. I had never made a stronger potion than my all-purpose vanquishing one, so I was kind of excited and I think it showed as I walked around gathering herbs from the wall I had put shelves on specifically for them.

"Like making potions?" Nicklas had picked up on my excitement. "

I enjoy expanding my potion knowledge with experimentation." I smiled at my comment and he started laughing.

Ricrindi
Ricrindi
15 Followers
12