Lilliahna & Zac Ch. 06

Story Info
Meeting the relatives.
4.6k words
4.78
9.1k
2

Part 7 of the 10 part series

Updated 10/24/2022
Created 10/17/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

~*~ Zac ~*~

I answered the door and everyone walked in. I was expecting a couple to arrive at a time, not all of them at once.

"Everyone, this is Lilliahna, my girlfriend. Lilliahna, this is everyone," I said, by way of introducing them all.

"Zac, you haven't changed a bit. Come here muffin," said my Nanna as she gave me a hug.

"Thanks Nanna Watson," I said.

"Hi, Mrs Watson, I'm Lil," Lil said to her.

"Lil, call me Nanna too ok," she replied pulling her into a hug.

The rest of the family were equally friendly to Lil, and equally sympathetic to me, unfortunately. We showed them their rooms. Matt then spotted the X-box and asked if he could play it.

"No Matt, go and take you sister and your cousins for a walk so we can chat," said Fay, handing him $20.

"That's for the ice-creams, I expect the change."

At 15, Matt was the oldest cousin, Jess and Leah were 13 and Kim was 10. I was always to odd one out.

"Ok Mum, sounds good."

"Does anyone want a drink, or a chocolate muffin?" Lil asked everyone. After distributing the various refreshments and muffins we sat down in the lounge room to talk.

"So Zac, what's with the box of baby toys?" asked his Grandma Davidson.

"Is there something you're not telling us?"

"No Grandma, they are Lil's little sisters. Her parents have had to go out of town for family problems and we are looking after Isabella for a few days. Speak of the devil," I added as Issy started crying.

"Excuse me," Lil said, as she got up to get her.

"How long have you been together for Zac?" asked Uncle Tony.

"Um, a week or two?" I replied. The shocked looks echoed how I felt when I realised how short a time it was.

"But we have been good friends for a long time," Lil added as she came back into the room, smiling at me.

"Issy, wave hello to everyone," I told her, as I reached for her from Lil. As I sat her on my lap I picked up her little hand and made waving motions.

"Aww, isn't she cute," cried my relatives.

"The girls will just love playing with her," Kate added.

"Playing with who Mum?" asked Leah as the cousins came back inside.

"Aww...Can I hold her please Zac?" asked Jess spotting Issy. I looked at Lil and she nodded.

"Go entertain her, I think all us adults are boring her," I said to Leah, handing her over. The girls all went with Issy, fighting over who got to play with her first.

"I bet she's going to love all that attention," Lil said.

"What about me? I don't want to play with a stupid baby," said Matt, obviously not happy that he had lost his playmates.

"How about we set the Xbox up in the rumpus room?" I asked, getting up. "I'm sure I'd have a couple of games you might like."

~*~ Lilliahna ~*~

"So Lil, are you living here permanently?" asked Zac's Uncle Fred.

"No, just the next few days while my parents are out of town. I thought Zac might like some extra support with everything that has happened," I replied.

"How is he coping?" asked Fay.

"Ok, I guess. I don't think it has fully hit him yet. I think tomorrow will be hard for him, he hasn't been looking forward to it at all."

"Yeah, the poor little mite. I mean, the last time we saw him was when his mother lost her battle. Now we are here to bury his father. He's a strong one though, I'll give him that," added Tony.

"Nah, you just see me when I'm pretending to be strong, if it wasn't for Lil, I wouldn't have even been able to tell you all that the funeral was on, or have food here for you, or even have clean sheets on the beds. She's my strength," Zac said, as he came back into the room. I blushed slightly.

"Not to be rude or anything, but I think we are going to have a lie down, all this travel has worn us out," said his grandparents, standing and heading to their rooms. I looked at the time, it was four thirty.

"I think I'll get a start on tea," I said standing and heading to the kitchen.

Fay and Kate came with me, leaving the guys to chat.

"We'll give you a hand, what are we going to have?" they asked me.

"I thought I'd just make some salads and have Spaghetti Bolognaise. That's quick and easy to make," I replied, getting the mince and bolognaise sauce out of the fridge.

"We can do the salads if you like," Kate said.

"That would be great," I replied. I heard Issy start crying and Jess came into the kitchen.

"I don't know what's wrong, she just started for no reason," she said handing her to me.

"It's ok Jess, she's probably just hungry. Is that it Isabella? Yeah?" I said, putting her in the high chair that Mum had dropped off.

"Did you want to feed her some custard Jess?" I asked her, getting it out of the fridge and handing it to Jess.

"I don't know how," she said.

"Just put some on the spoon and feed it to her, she's good at eating so you should have no problems," I told her, putting on Issys bib.

"Could you show me?" Jess asked still unsure.

"Of course," I said taking the spoon. I showed Jess a couple of times and then handed her the spoon.

"Let me know if you have any problems," I told her, as I went to see what I could do for tea, since Kate and Fay had taken over all the jobs.

"How old is she Lil?" Kate asked.

"8 months, she's just started crawling," I said, watching Jess feed her the custard.

"You are really good with her, thank-you for letting Jess feed her, she loves little kids, especially babies, but she never gets to see any or help with any," Fay added.

"I know, I was like that when I was younger. That's why I don't mind the girls helping out, as long as it doesn't cause arguments or bother you guys at all that is."

"No, I think it's great that you are letting them help. They are pretty upset about their uncle, but this is taking their minds off it, which is a good thing. Matt hasn't reacted well, he loved Zac's father. He's become really moody and argumentative in the last few days and he refuses to cry. He thinks that because he's a guy he shouldn't cry. I don't know what to do with him?" commented Fay.

"This must be hard on everyone. I didn't meet either of his parents, not properly anyway. I feel kind of weird being here with all you guys too. Like I shouldn't be or something," I said honestly.

"Lilli, can I call you that?" I nodded so Kate continued.

"We think it's great that you're here. Zac needs someone to help him through this difficult time and you can tell he really cares about you and appreciates all you have done for him. You're part of the family now, whether you like it or not." I smiled.

"Thank-you so much, it means a lot," I told them.

"Lil, I think Issy has finished," Jess said, interrupting our conversation. I went over. Issy had gotten it everywhere, like she normally does. I went over to her nappy bag and got a wipe for her face and hands.

"Sorry about the mess," Jess said.

"If she ever ate her custard and didn't make a mess I would be very surprised. It's normal of little ones to do that when they are learning how to eat. You did a very good job, Jess. You guys will have to help me bath her later on though," I told her as I took Isabella out of the high chair and gave her back to Jess.

"Do you think you could play with her for a bit longer? We are almost finished here."

"Yes Lil that will be fine." I turned back to help with the adults. Matt came into the kitchen not long afterwards.

"Mum, the girls kicked me of the Xbox and put some girly game on. Can I use the phone and call Dani?" he asked.

"You'll have to ask Zac, it's his phone," Fay told him.

Zac came in and said, "Ask Zac what?" as he ruffled Matt's hair affectionately.

"Can I use you phone?" he repeated.

"What for?" Zac asked, grabbing a can of Coke from the fridge and handing to Matt.

"To call Dani," he said, going slightly pink.

"Your girlfriend?" I asked.

"He wishes, Zac can I have some Coke too?" asked Leah coming in the kitchen with the other girls following behind her. Zac got Coke out for everyone and told them to go outside and play for a bit. He then pulled Matt aside.

"Hey buddy, take the cordless phone and go into Lil and my room so you won't be disturbed. Talk until tea time ok mate, don't worry about the cost," Zac added at the look on Matts face. Tea would still be an hour and a bit away.

"Have fun," his Mum called out Matt left the room.

"You didn't have to do that Zac, but thank-you. He's always in a better mood when he gets off the phone to her," he father commented.

"I know what it's like having feelings for someone and not knowing if they are returned," Zac said, coming over to me for a hug.

~*~ Zac ~*~

The guys decided to head down to the pub for an hour to get out of everyone's hair. Fay and Kate headed outside to enjoy the last of the afternoon warmth with the grandparents and Matt was still on the phone to Dani.

It was 5:30 so Lil decided that Isabella could have her tea, and told the girls that they could watch a movie, as they were looking tired. She put on 'Sleepover' and came into the kitchen to get Issy's tea.

"Here babe, put her in her highchair, we might need a clean bib for her though," she said, as she tipped out Issy's jar of baby food into a bowl to heat it up.

"Nah, just use this one, then it saves getting two dirty," I said, wanting to keep Lil to myself for a while, I hadn't had much of a chance to see her all day.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her, concerned about whether she felt comfortable with all my family members.

"Fine, a bit tired, but that's normal after not much sleep and a busy day," she replied, handing me Issy's tea and a spoon.

"Feed her bub." I did as I was told and started to feed Issy. I wasn't really concentrating on Issy though, Lil looked so buggered.

"Are you sure you're ok?" I said, not watching Issy. Next thing I knew the bowl, which I left on the tray of her high chair, was tipped on her head and Isabella was giggling.

"Isabella. Why did you do that?" asked Lilliahna, a smile creeping across her face. I took the bowl off her head and started to clean up the mess.

"Kids hey," I said laughing.

"What's all the giggles about?" asked Kim, coming into the kitchen. She looked at Isabella in shock when she saw the mess.

"She's naughty," Kim told us.

"She's not naughty Kim, she just doesn't know any better, she is still learning what is considered naughty and what isn't," Lil told her as she got Issy some more food.

"I do know that she is definitely going to need a bath after this though, this is why we don't give her a bath before tea, isn't it Isabella?" Lil said to her, as she sat on my lap. The rest of her tea went down without anymore being tipped over her head.

"Ok messy girl, bath time," I told her while Lilli rinsed out her bowl.

"Can I help?" asked Kim.

"Sure hun, come with me and we can run the bath while Lil gets her pyjamas and stuff," I said, taking Issy into the bathroom.

"Can we help too?" asked Jess and Leah as they came running up to the bathroom.

"Sure. I need at least three people to play with her while she's in there," Lil said, gently lying Issy on the floor and pulling off her clothes.

"Zac, could you get me a clean towel for her?" She asked, sitting Issy in the bath in her special seat.

"What's that for Lilli?" asked Jess.

"Since Issy hasn't been sitting up for very long and the bath can be slippery, it's to stop her from slipping over and hurting herself. I'll be back in a minute, make sure you guys splash around lots and have fun," Lil said as we left the room.

"You still haven't answered me baby, are you ok? You sure you're only tired?" I asked her, as I reached for a clean towel from the cupboard.

"Yes, but I am also worried about what happened last night. I'm going to be nervous until I know either way," Lil told me, reaching out to get a hug.

"Sweetheart, it will be ok, I'm going to look after you either way ok. I love you," I reassured her, kissing her forehead gently.

"Lil, Issy has put water everywhere, eww...were you two kissing, that's gross," Kim said coming out.

"Don't your parents kiss Kimmy?" I teased.

"Yeah, but they are old, they are allowed too."

"Is that so?" I said grabbing her, picking her up and kissing her lots on her cheeks.

"Zac, stop it," she screamed, kicking her legs, but she was laughing too. I let her go and got an extra towel, to mop up the mess. Lil was shampooing Issy's hair when I went into the bathroom and the girls, who had obviously gotten bored, headed back into the lounge to finish their movie.

Lil handed me Issy once she had finished washing her so I could dry her and then we headed into our room. Matt was leaving as we were about to walk in there.

"Did she have to go?" Lil asked her. Matt shook his head, his eyes watering a little.

"Do you want to come in here and talk Matt," Lil asked quietly, placing an arm around him and gently pushing back in the room. She shut the door behind her.

"Matt, matey what's the matter? She got a new boyfriend?" I started to tease, but the look Lil shot me shut me up instantly and I put the moisturiser on Issy that she handed me.

"No, she told me she loved me," he said, a tear rolling down his cheek.

~*~ Lilliahna ~*~

"Doesn't that make you happy?" I asked gently.

"Yes, that's why I'm crying. I never thought that someone could care about me as much as she does. I wish she could have come over with us, to make me feel better, but my parents said that she wasn't allowed because it was a family thing. I miss her so much, she makes the hurt go away a little."

"You know Matt, you are allowed to cry when you miss someone. I know that because you're a guy, it makes you think that you can't, or that if you do your weak, but that isn't true. It's normal to cry, it's ok to cry," Zac said, taking over the conversation as I began to dress Issy.

"I know, and I do cry, just when no one is around, or if it is only Dani is around. She just makes it feel better," he said, as more tears began to fall down his face.

"I know what you mean buddy, Lilli is my Dani, if it wasn't for her I would be a mess. I don't have a Dad, I don't have a Mum and I don't know how to use a washing machine. If it wasn't for Lil I would have to wear dirty clothes," this got a smile from Matt.

"But Lil is also the reason I can still smile Matt, because although all this bad stuff has happened, she shows me that good stuff is still here, that someone does still love me and that someone wants me to be happy. I cry a lot, but I'm still a guy, I'm still strong, it doesn't change who I am or who loves me. I know Dani isn't here, and hugging your mum is dorky hey. But Lil will let you hug her, and between you and me, her hugs are pretty awesome. Just remember that it isn't just Dani that cares about you and loves you Mattie, all of us do," Zac told him, giving him a guys hug.

Matt nodded, he looked very upset. I had finished dressing Issy and handed her to Zac.

"Matt," I said, kneeling down on the floor in front of him.

"Can I give you a hug?" he fell against me so I protectively put my arms around him and held him to me. All the tears he had been bottling up came flooding out, his whole body shaking as he cried. I didn't hear Zac leave the room, but when Matt calmed down he was gone.

"Are you ok?" I asked him, handing him a tissue.

"Sorry for getting tears and snot on your shirt Lilli," he said.

"Don't worry about it. And anytime you want a hug, you know where to find me ok?" I told him.

"Come out when you're ready, there's no hurry," I reassured him as I left the room.

Everyone was at the tea table, except Issy who was quietly playing with her toys. I sat down next to Zac and got some spaghetti.

"Is he ok?" Fay asked me.

"Yeah, he just needed a hug from someone, and a talk from his big cousin. He's just getting ready to come out and eat," I said, with a look that said he was still upset but was feeling better.

"Lilli?" Kim asked me. "Are you and Zac gunna get married?"

"Um, I'm not sure Kim, maybe," I told her, shocked that she would ask. "Why is that?"

"Because I want you as my big cousin too. I like you, you're really nice," she said, and continued eating, showing that the conversation was over as I blinked back a tear.

After tea, Fay and Kate put the kids to bed while Fred and Tony did the dishes and cleaned up. Matt didn't want anything to eat, but went to sleep quite quickly. Zac sat down and talked with his grandparents while I feed Issy her bottle and listened.

"Lil, thank-you for looking after my little Zaccykins," his Nanna Watson told me. Zaccykins?

"No problem," I said, storing Zaccykins away for future teasing.

"You are going to be such a good mother one day," Grandma Davidson commented as I burped Issy and cuddled her.

"I hope so. I'll be back in a minute, I am just going to put her to bed," I said standing up. I had just put Issy in her cot and pulled the blankets over her when Zac came in.

"What is it babe?" I asked at the look on his face.

"I don't want tomorrow to come," he said.

"What brought this on so suddenly?"

"Grandpa Davidson said how he wasn't going to sleep well tonight as he would be thinking too much on how tomorrow he would be burying his son, I hadn't really thought of it that way." A tear ran down his cheek and I held him to me. He sobbed his little heart out and Issy looked at him, worried. She too began to cry.

"Shhh, baby, my too little babies, it will be ok," I said. Issy just cried louder so I got her out of her cot and handed her to Zac. He cuddled her tight.

"Why don't you hop into bed and cuddle her for a bit. I'm just going to go and say goodnight to everyone," I said, kissing Zac on the cheek.

"Is he ok?" Grandma Davidson asked me.

"Yeah, he just hadn't thought about tomorrow much, and I don't think he's ready for it. He'll be ok, I mean it will be tough but he'll get through it," I said, with more confidence then I felt.

"It will be hard for you too, burying a son," I said.

"Yeah, no parent should have to bury a child, but at the same time no child should have to bury a parent at such a young age."

"I agree. Anyways, I just came to say goodnight, I'll see you in the morning. Sleep well," I said.

"Come here," said Nanna Watson, beckoning me over to her. She gave me a hug.

"I'm glad that Zaccykins has found someone like you to look after him. I'm always going to think of you as part of the family. Goodnight sweetie," she said letting me go. The others agreed and I went back to the bedroom.

Zac and Isabella were both asleep so I gently lifted Issy from his arms and put her in the cot. Zac woke up as I took her, but didn't say anything. I climbed into bed and pulled him to me, wrapping my arms around him protectively.

"Tomorrow is going to be hard baby," I whispered to him. "Try and get some sleep ok, you're going to need it. I love you," I added as I kissed him on his forehead.

"I love you too Lilli," he replied, closing his eyes. I waited until his breathing had slowed down and deepened before I allowed myself to drift off to sleep.

~*~ Zac ~*~

I woke up to crying, and instantly thought something was wrong with Lil. But she was still asleep. I sat up, remembering Issy and got out of bed.

"Baby, shhh," I whispered as I picked her up and gently rocked her.

"Let's be quiet now, and I'll get you a bottle," I told her quietly as Lilli started to stir. I took Isabella out into the kitchen and talked to her about nonsense until the bottle had heated up.

Crawling back into bed with her I fed her the bottle, she fell asleep half way through it and instead of tucking her back into bed I kept cuddling her until I too fell asleep.

12