Lip and Annie Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jake60
jake60
1,100 Followers

++++++++++

It was over six weeks later that they finally had an opportunity to get together again. It seemed that whenever Annie had a weekend off, Robert was either busy with his business or in Toronto. On both occasions he was actually busy in Toronto for his business. Word had gotten around that he was a good person to solve system problems, and this had opened up new directions for his business to take. He was happy to be able to combine working with an opportunity to visit his sister.

Annie and Robert corresponded on virtually a daily basis now. It was usually by email, but they also made frequent phone calls back and forth to each other. Dr. Maier was not in complete agreement with Annie on how she had chosen to try to get past her demons, and Annie was again seeing the doctor on a regular weekly basis.

Apparently the doctor was trying a new therapy with her, trying to move her past the association of a male body with her tormentor, and the mental, physical and sexual torture she had gone through.

She explained to Robert that it involved fairly equal parts of hypnosis, relaxation techniques, and discussion with the doctor. Robert couldn't help himself when he offered her his silent prayers, along with the more obvious encouragement he gave Annie verbally, and in his frequent messages to her.

When he wasn't working or otherwise occupied, Robert often passed time at the virtual poker tables on the Internet. He entered a lot of tournaments, and slowly began to do a little better than he had previously.

A couple of the tournaments were of a special type, with a main prize of a free entry in the World Series of Poker. After one of these special tournaments he could hardly wait to tell Annie of his surprising result.

He decided to make a special effort to take Annie on a trip to Hinckley for some live poker, as soon as he was able to arrange it. With that in mind, he phoned Annie the next afternoon, knowing that she was scheduled to work an evening shift and he would be able to reach her before she left for work.

The first few minutes of their conversation were taken up with exchanging views on how they were doing at their jobs, and how much they wanted to get together in person.

"How is your schedule for next weekend, Annie? Do you think you would be able to get away for a weekend at Hinckley? I think it's about time that we took another poker trip, don't you?" Robert was hopeful it would be possible for Annie to switch a shift so the two of them could get away. "It's been a couple of months since we've been able to do that."

Annie laughed softly, and replied, "I know what you mean, Robert. I was just thinking about that last night. We are overdue! I think you must be psychic or something, because they just changed my schedule yesterday, and I have this coming weekend off. I'd love to be able to go down there. I haven't had any coupons from the casino lately: have you?"

"It must be a sign from the poker gods; I just got an envelope with some discounted room coupons this morning. If you're agreeable, I can phone the casino and reserve a couple of rooms for the weekend. They aren't the usual free room coupons, but that doesn't matter. I've won enough money there to be able to spring for the difference." He laughed after he finished making the comment.

Annie hesitated for a few moments before replying, "How about we go down for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. I am off from Thursday night until Tuesday morning. We could also go for only two nights if you would prefer." Just before Robert was going to answer her in the affirmative, she continued, "I... I guess we could just get one room for the two of us. You could request one with double beds."

After another short hesitation she added, "I think that might fit in with what Dr. Maier has been saying lately. She seems to think that I'm getting close to a point where I should be okay with that. That's if... you don't mind.... I mean... just sharing the room."

Robert laughed and replied, "I don't have anything against that idea, at all. I'll just make sure to bring along some pajama pants, at least." It'd been quite a while since they had spent those few minutes together in his bed, and the memory of that time together immediately ran through his mind. Just as quickly, though, he realized that she was suggesting that they simply share a room for convenience sake, and nothing more.

It took some of the enjoyment out of the moment and he added in a more serious tone of voice, "As long as you're okay with it, I'll phone and get the room booked right away."

Annie confirmed her agreement, and after a few more minutes of pleasant conversation, they hung up so that Robert could book a room and Annie could get prepared for her night shift. He was in a decidedly happier mood when he got off the phone, pleasant images of him and Annie enjoying themselves on the weekend having taken over his thoughts. He was humming to himself as he located his coupons and then made the call to reserve the room for their weekend trip.

++++++++++++

Time passed very quickly for Robert as he waited for Friday morning to arrive. He was on the road to Duluth almost an hour earlier than he normally would have left his home, and he laughed to himself as he came to the realization that he was so anxious to see Annie that besides leaving early, he had almost forgotten to pick up a Tim Horton's double double for the road. When it was safely in his cup holder he turned south onto Highway 61, with Duluth his destination.

Normally the trip to Duluth would take him a little over four hours, if he didn't take his time and make stops along the way. He was usually in no great hurry, because he knew that check in at the hotel would be 3 p.m., and he would plan his arrival for that time in the afternoon. Today he made the trip in four hours flat, having made only one quick stop for fuel along the way.

It was 15 minutes before noon when he pulled up outside of Annie's home. Rather than just show up at her door he used his cell phone to let her know that he was parked outside her door. He was quick to add, "I'm not telling you that to get you to rush. I just had good roads and minimal traffic, so here I am, earlier than planned."

"This is great, Robert. Come on in, and I'll show you my place. I have a surprise for you as well."

As he got out of his truck and walked up the pathway to her door, Robert couldn't help but wonder what her surprise could be. It didn't take him long to find out.

Annie met him at the door, and held it wide open as he stepped in. "My parents came up from Minneapolis yesterday, and I want them to meet you, and for you to meet them."

Her statement caught him completely by surprise. He felt his heart race as he wondered what they would think of him. If he could have done it, he would have run back to his truck, but knew he had no such alternative.

For better or worse, he knew he would have to try and make the best first impression he could. He knew his voice would sound terrible if he let his anxiety and nervousness take over, so he immediately began trying to calm himself down.

"Just go ahead into the living room, Robert. It's on your right."

He made the turn into the living room while trying desperately to remain calm. As he entered the room a couple in their early 60s, who were seated on the sofa looked up at him, and he was pleased to see that they had smiles on their faces. As Annie entered the room behind Robert, her parents stood to wait for their introduction to him.

Annie had told him about her parents, both of them retired teachers, and how close she felt to them. He hadn't seen a picture of them and immediately noticed how trim and fit they were. They were both a little shorter than he was, and her father's gray hair was cut short in a brush cut and her mother's dark hair showed a few traces of gray. Robert was glad to see that they were both dressed casually, just as he was.

Before he had time to think about what he should do first, Annie stepped forward and said, "Robert, I'd like you to meet my parents. This is my dad, Angus Sargent, and my mom Louise." She quickly continued, "Mom, dad, this is Robert Porter. He's the friend I've been telling you about."

Robert and Annie's parents exchanged handshakes and greetings, and Robert felt great relief when he realized that it didn't seem like his voice had let him down. He felt strangely calm and comfortable meeting them, realizing that if they were anything like Annie, and his first impression was that they were, he had nothing to worry about.

Before they could all become uncomfortable with trying to decide what to say next Annie asked, "Since Robert got here earlier than I expected, he can join us for lunch." She immediately realized what she had said and quickly added, "That is, if you're hungry, and don't mind joining the three of us."

Robert immediately got her off the hook by saying, "I'd love to join you all for lunch. I didn't stop for anything along the way, and I'm sure I could use some time to get to know your parents better."

Although he was less than convinced her parents would be anxious for their daughter to build a relationship with someone whose speech and appearance stood out as greatly as his did, he knew he had to do his best to present himself in the best light that he could. He instinctively knew that Annie would put great weight on the impression of him that her parents came away with.

Annie was smiling broadly as she heard that reply from Robert and quickly said, "Why don't you two men sit here in the living room for a few minutes while mom and I finish preparing lunch." As the two women turned to leave the living room, Robert quickly looked around and saw that there was a comfortable looking chair beside the sofa, so he took a seat there as Annie's father resumed his place on the sofa.

There was an awkward silence for a few seconds as Robert tried to think of something to say. He was just about to ask where they lived in Minneapolis, when Angus Sargent beat him to the punch.

"I'm so very pleased to meet you, Robert. I think it's most appropriate that I meet the man who is going to spend three nights in a hotel room with my only daughter."

To be continued

jake60
jake60
1,100 Followers
12