Longwood Second Hunt Day 03-04

Story Info
Close a little and find new offense on targets.
11.2k words
4.81
6.6k
00

Part 2 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/18/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
emap
emap
237 Followers

Bia is actually the first to wake, I'm a tad behind her. I wake because she moves and I grabbed up a Colt. She's grinning and holding her hands up then sticks her tongue out. Well can't stand by and not return it so stick my tongue out. Then I get up and work on getting dressed, though Bia has a different idea. She comes right over and fastens to one breast. I'd swat her but I'm feeling a little pressure there. At least on the breast she isn't sucking on, so I let her keep going.

Chun seems to be up as well, she comes over and fastens on the other breast. Well this is nice though Bia isn't sharing Chun's desire for me. At least not that she has ever said, though perhaps she just wants to keep me comfortable. When they finish I finish getting dressed and collect my Winchester. Need to wake up the sergeant to leave, works well he does the coffee. Bia comes with me so we poke him a time or three. No reaction besides snorts so I sit on him. Not in a nice way like with Dan, I just drop right on him and he sits up with a pained expression.

"Ach lass that hurt." I put a finger to my lips and grin.

"Needed to move you and poke don't work. Get up and do coffee I'll be back with a coney." he nods and winks at me.

"Just don't mention this to Susan, she uses a glass of water."

I roll my eyes then get up so he can and get out of the way. Chun is already setting wood into the stove so he goes to help her. I pull the door open and step out with Bia following. Tad confused but maybe she knows how to move on the sly. Besides coney are easy to find I shouldn't have a problem. There is a well to the side of the house, almost behind I figure Bia is going there. She has a different idea, keeps following me. Quiet at least so I don't mind and we end up going a bit out.

"Why are we going this far?"

"So I don't scare the horses. The only time I hunt in camp is with pistols, we tend to hobble and tie them to a tree anyway."

"How much should I get to have a house when I find a man?" I look at Bia and sigh then shrug.

"I'm not rightly sure, depends greatly on what sort of house you want. Like that one can't be that expensive, and I never ordered one. I don't know how much they cost. I do know you need to know how to farm, and at least attending church every Sunday."

"Need a horse for farming."

"Well maybe, need a plow I know that, but a man or two can pull it. Slow work but it is possible. Course if you don't do big farm like we have shovels and couple people is enough."

"Would you think four hundred is enough?"

"Ask Andrew and Peter, need to know how much the house and fixings costs along with farm supplies. Now once you get that, you can get a plan, but you need to figure out which reservation and see if farm is possible." Bia opens her mouth until I put my hand up, got a coney in the bush.

She closes her mouth then reaches down and touches the grass a bit. Well this is mildly surprising, I didn't know the Apache women helped on hunts or knew how. She does it twice then the coney pokes out a bit. Nice big gray one so I'm liking this, then a little one comes out. With a sigh I lower my Winchester and we turn to go elsewhere.

"I was thinking Cherokee, they must have the same problem with men we do." I look at Bia and sigh then shrug.

"Can't say, last time we were there had plenty of both eyeing Dan and me. Still it might be they have run out of not related. Have captain send a letter, mayhap get men and women to come here. Not teaching you Tsalagi, if you do go man can." Bia snorts and giggles.

"I have same feeling. Round eye is good enough to talk with, more words."

"This is true, makes hard to learn."

We both giggle a moment then quiet down, the bush is moving a little. Bia reaches down to the grass to touch it as I bring up my Winchester. Runs her fingers through, once, then twice, and finally a third time. The bush opens and we have a good sized tan coney. Not as big as the gray but large enough for us. I don't shoot, wondering if another mom, but no little coneys. Raising my rifle the rest of the way getting the poor coney to freeze, I fire.

Not the best of angles, I was looking at the head straight to the shoulder. Still the bullet passes through the head, and shoulder. Not good for skin but otherwise we have coney. We both run over singing songs a bit happy about this. Bia collects my Bowie and starts to cut up the coney. Once she has the insides and the head removed she picks it up and we head back to the house.

"I wish you got pig more often." I sigh and shrug.

"I don't get the small ones. I think we can order pigs for a farm, Bipin and Elan seemed to like the idea of it."

"Do you think Chad would like farm them?" I have to shrug.

"No idea, I know we buy milk from him too. Wanda has complained that she keeps them running with her whoring. Not a big complaint, she likes doing it anyway." Bia snorts.

"Wanda wants sex with everyone."

That gets us both to giggle, it's true and funny. Back in the house Bia gets with sergeant to finish cutting up the coney. I get my Bowie back so that is nice. I sit with Dan and we have fritters with eggs and bacon.

"Bipin why did you not get Silvia?" Everybody stares at me so I roll my eyes. "I like the tortilla breakfast better."

"I will make it tomorrow." I smile at Bia then get a thought.

"If we do not stop in a ranch or reach town. Was told three days but we move fast." Dan nudges me.

"A ranch the wife would let Bia help." I nod and grin.

"Janet we are going to quarter the coney, there's too much for chili." I nod at sergeant then eye Bia, she nods with a grin.

"Coney added in for breakfast."

"Cook it tonight unless we get a stove." Chun looks up.

"Why not on the stove tonight?" I roll my eyes.

"Chun you sleep with our cook and don't know. Coney cook fast and easy on stove." Chun squeaks and turns pink.

"Janet do you want the skin?" I shake my head.

"My moccasins are not old and not worn much. Get another coney in morning so you have moccasins to trade." Bia grins at that, Cucaracha looks up.

"Why wouldn't she wear them?" Bia and I snort.

"Bia is whore and always around round eye. I never wear moccasins in town so round eye actually know I'm around." Cucaracha opens his mouth until Dan puts his hand up.

"She wears moccasins to hunt because you don't hear her. We wear boots which are noisy and drown out her barefoot. She refuses to wear anything but moccasins or nothing so nothing and the Apache followed." I think Cucaracha is going to ask another question, sergeant beats him to it.

"Ach sir, injuns wear moccasins to hunt with. Deadens the noise they make while walking. They also do in winter to stay warm." I shake my head.

"Keeps feet out of snow, to stay warm we do or sit together under blanket."

"Do what?" Cucaracha actually got to ask this time.

"Cook, pray for warmth. We know it don't work but it gets big fire and dancing so we warm. Usually sit in teepee around little fire most of winter. I did at least, lucky I am girl, we only cook and decide what do with hide. Men scout and go hunting, even in winter, we always need food and not be attacked." Dan nudges me.

"Sew, you said you can." I nod and shrug.

"Didn't think he wanted to know everything I would do in a tribe. Men attack, we pray they live and bring back things. Especially cloth, cloth is good for tribe, get shot less."

"Why shot less?" Everybody is staring at me now and I sigh.

"Sorry, was told before put in reservation. Usually we not wear much in summer, round eye men decide we try and steal their women so will shoot the men who try and trade. Now let's pack up and go."

Nobody seems to have anything to say about that so we pack up. Remainder of coffee is tossed and pots cleaned. Bedrolls are rolled up and everything goes on the horses. We follow everything on the horses and make our way after the trail. Elan is off to the left and I'm up front with Cucaracha, may as well teach him how to track.

"How do you tell which way they are going?" I really want to swat him a few times, perhaps even punch.

"Horse shoes have distinct front and back, just look at whole print and it shows. Dan come up and swat Cucaracha for me."

"Fool question, just wanted to make sure. Why is Elan over there?"

"If they turn that way he will know first. Round eye sometimes clever, get off horse and walk slow no print. Easier for injun, moccasin only coney hide, sometimes deer. In areas with little plant about can drag. Only work on round eye soldiers and sheriffs but tribe rarely attack another unless camp nearby."

"Drag what?"

"If have one buffalo hide fur down, creates little disturbance in dirt. Deer or wolf hides work in pinch."

"That gets rid of the print?" I shake my head.

"Makes look old trail, if not good tracker is fooled. Good tracker likely injun anyway. We create false trails as we go with the tribe, I got tasked with doing that many times, small and light so no tracks. Would run along with false trail and break twigs, bend grass so forth for distance then they fold up teepees and we catch up. We go slow enough to carry teepees for day sometimes as we travel."

"How did the soldiers catch up?" I shake my head.

"Did not catch up, we found them in fort. Apparently it was decide Cherokee should be rounded up, we were experiment on if work. Would have worked if McCalbane was not in charge of meat for tribe."

"Because you did have towns." I nod and sigh, we are back on the main path, Mohawk usually better, they must be worse off in tribe to forget way.

"Towns where small tribes stay, we were going to see about doing same. Soldiers offered better food than we would have at first so agree."

We stop and wait for everyone else then take off again at a trot. I ride at side of path this time with Elan on other side. Path too traveled to get anything good so better to watch for riding off.

"Janet the marshal was asking if we are splitting the reward with everyone." I look over at Dan a moment then go back to watching the ground.

"Bia wants part, she is whore to make money for house and farm supplies. Chun is along for babe, she think maybe work better not being ridden like whore. Ask sergeant and Cucaracha, never discussed with them. Bipin and Elan will combine for one share, I'm part of your share so three share minus soldiers and marshals."

"How much is the reward?" Bia asks getting agreeing words from most everybody.

"Three thousand for him, the whole gang is five thousand, dead or alive." Silence for a bit, I guess everybody is shocked, that is lots of money.

"Shouldn't we return the injuns to their reservation?" Cucaracha asks making me groan.

"No, I've been told this, accompanied injun are free to be where wish. Mohawk are not strong in old way so they are round eye with brown skin. Perhaps father Mohawk and mother round eye not live together, they not injun then except to round eye."

"Why not?" Sergeant, Cucaracha, and Dan ask, likely Chun wants to know as well.

"Only injun if know tribe, the man I spend time under when young was not injun, tribe turned back. Even if not teaching Chad and Balik old way they are injun, we have tribe. Child raised by round eye is round eye, no matter what look."

"Similar for us Chinese, though we only expect you to know Chinese. Tease you about not knowing your heritage."

"So about the soldiers and getting a part of the reward." I look over at Cucaracha, he's riding near me again, he sighs and shrugs.

"Nominally I'm in charge of the Apache and learning how to do this. Sergeant with me, we need a good enough force of soldiers with party of injuns in our command. That said, part of pay would be nice, perhaps share like Bipin and Elan."

Elan lets out a call, he has run off recent enough to perhaps be our men. I ride over and hop down to inspect and agree possible. Looking at line of travel evident probably stopped for night. It's a bit after noon so we are traveling faster, good but need to check. I take Cucaracha with me and everyone else will follow slow. We go at a good clip slowing now and then to make sure, half mile off path we find camp. I hop down and check, first fire then around camp. I find tobacco, rolled and chewed.

Checking the chew decide it is about two days old so we are catching up. Cucaracha watches with unhappy face, like eating something bad. I only chewed on the chew a moment to test it, he does not ask so I am looking for exit path. I find it after a moment and curse, there are more men. Eight men now which suggests two were at next town to look it over. No questions yet so wave to rest to get back on path. I hop up on pinto to get neigh so promise to get treat next town. Pinto looks back at me so I nod and promise again, get snort but we on way.

Likely not believed but at least we are moving. I will buy treat next town, would like some licorice, especially not sweet. Again trail goes straight to path and rest waiting for us. We resume trot and I look around for wood, spot a tree off in the distance so send sergeant and Bipin after for twigs. We slow down so they don't gallop to catch up, horses getting tired at this point, not bad but stop soon for night.

"Janet what is the verdict?" I turn from sergeant and Bipin who have gotten off horses to collect wood.

"Dan it got worse, two more riders with group. Six went to camp eight left going this way, did not see two more go to so left same enter. Two day old camp so we are gaining but eight is worrisome with greenhorns." Dan sighs and shakes his head, then curses.

"That means the new two likely scouted the town ahead. We might have what they took, though generally it's best to return what we can." I didn't hear question though Dan is nice enough to say it loud for all.

"Dan, need buy treat for pinto, promised. I want licorice in addition to treat." Dan just stares a bit.

"What brought that on?"

"Pinto was upset with me so promised treat." Pinto tosses his head and snickers so I rub him.

"Alright, I'll see what is there, could use some carrots anyway, make for better stew. They get fed oat, hay, and carrots in the stable so I guess we spoiled our horses." Sergeant and Bipin catch up loaded down with sticks, roped up with bedroll and in arms.

"Janet's horse probably wants licorice, she always smells like it."

Bipin comes over and hands sticks to me then sticks tongue out. I don't have bedroll so can't do anything with them, though not dropping. Looking around Chun has bedroll behind her so ride over close and tie them up there. Gets me a smile from Chun, that done I move over to edge of path and watch for exit. Once the shadows get long we look around for a ranch or farm house. Nothing near and not passed a turn in a spell so we are camping off path.

Dan whistles and points to my side of path so I look. I don't see anything saying wolf or bear den nearby so nod. We head this way a distance then stop when I find some rocks in a circle. Someone used for camp at some point so we stop here. Chun gets wood down quick and heads for the circle to make fire. Bia follows fairly quickly with sergeant to set up spit for hanging chili. The rest of us rub down our horses and hobble them. Sergeant and Bia had come back to do same, though Chun has not, Bia got her horse with Elan.

"Chun is mean to horse." Chun looks up at me and grins.

"Bia said she would rub my horse down. Besides I'm handling dinner, she has breakfast and we all know you will get your roll after dinner. Make it quick to roll so we get enough sleep, you are such the early riser."

"You get up with me."

"I do not, you come wake up Amanda and since we sleep together you wake me up." I grin and point at her.

"You delight in helping me wake her up." Chun grins.

"I do, still say you get up early, but then so do our guests." Dan puts his hand over my mouth.

"Enough of that, how soon before vittles?"

"Not too long, need to let the beans heat up and the meat cooked. Janet before you say anything we quartered the coney and cut it up, the cut up is in the chili." I figured as much, the quarters on the spit are not all of the meat, still chew on Dan's hand.

"I would like to say we will make town about noon. Cucaracha needs holster for Winchester plus treats, see if can get more meat. Not sure anything here besides scrawny coney." Cucaracha looks around.

"What about snakes?"

"Snakes around here are harmless unless bug. Not cold enough to wake up wrapped in snake." Sergeant points at me.

"Not yet and you brought coats." I toss up my hands.

"I brought coats because as said, one to three weeks just to see man. Week after to shoot, too many greenhorns." Sergeant looks around then waggles his hand.

"Ach lass little faith, two weeks. You said we are catching up."

"Right now we catch up, after this town they may have speed up." Dan sighs and shrugs.

"If they did what it looks like they definitely speeded up." Couple groans from the marshals, Chun and the Apache look confused.

"Why would they speed up?" Chun manages to ask first.

"They looked to have scouted town for bank robbery. If no bank perhaps robbed town. If happens they flee posse, day maybe two of hard ride."

"Why don't you have a bank in your town?" I look from Cucaracha to Dan, he sighs and shakes his head.

"Too many people coming in to town. Besides the captain told me the Apache would use the bank and it might get some upset they are taking money from Christians." I knew the second thing, first though, I better ask.

"Dan, too many come?"

"At least fifty get off the train when it comes. The train sits there for a spell so it would be easy enough to rob the bank sly and get on train again." Makes sense, though there is one thing.

"Couldn't have soldiers protecting?" Sergeant looks up and shakes his head.

"Sorry lass, we are only there to keep the Apache in line in relation to leaving and the town. Odd thing is we are not to protect the Apache." Dan and I trade a glance.

"So you protect the round eye from injun, but don't protect injun?"

"I don't like it either, but they have you for that." I look at Dan to get a shrug, I guess I'm asking.

"So if some round eye shoots an Apache for no reason in front of you, nothing happens?"

"Not as a soldier, as a man however I can hold him for Dan and do a legal trial. Injun are outside our laws unless they break one."

"What if a man walks onto reservation and shoots an injun?" Sergeant looks down and shakes his head.

"Officially we are to detain him for the sheriff. If it happens on my watch I'll shoot him dead, if the Apache don't get him first."

I'd say more but Dan puts a hand over my mouth and Chun starts handing out vittles. We got cornbread and chili with bacon and coney, really good vittles. Rather takes my mind off the reservation business which I'm sure Dan wanted.

"Janet how is Ishmael doing on his booking?" I look up at Chun and grin.

"He's about done, doesn't understand some of words in book about him. I'm same so he's as learned as can be from me." Dan sighs and shrugs.

"I asked doc, both before you ask, neither knows but are of a mind to say sailing terms." Cucaracha chuckles.

"What is in the book and what I learned were different. Janet who taught you to read?"

"McCalbane, he taught to read, write, and count in round eye. Also taught how to cheat at poker, I would sit in lap and call it good hand, really good hand, or bad hand. This was usually done with players not him. Also used man to stand behind and signal. Did not slip cards up sleeve, I think could not manage." Dan nudges me.

"What did the one preacher want you for? I mean you never went upstairs with him but he was always talking."

"He wanted to convert me, after told my story to him he decided I'm fine not believing in round eye god. He then got me to listen to him give sermon, I not believe but if I say powerful he uses that." Dan nods and chuckles.

emap
emap
237 Followers